jesse0319's Recent Posts

24 Aug 2018, 7:51 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2018, 7:54 pm)
in ~Skunk's Painties~ (go to post)
fv_welcome_by_hk66-dccjx74.png

Hello, and welcome to my paintie shop! This is my hub for Paintie Commissions on Furvilla! :D

Who are you?
I am Jesse - I'm a married guy in his 20's, trying to improve my art and make a living off of it. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm getting there <3

So what is this?
It's a way to commission my artwork and get my work out there :3
fv_divide_by_hk66-dccjx7v.png
fv_rules_by_hk66-dccjx77.png

Rules
- I reserve the right to refuse a commission request at any time, for any reason
- Any art you purchase from me may be posted anywhere you wish, with proper credit (please credit me somewhere on the character's profile!)
- You may NOT use the artwork in any way that will earn you a profit (selling merch with it, etc.) If you would like to commission something for this purpose, you may message me and we can talk about it.
- I reserve the right to use any artwork I create for my own personal purposes, including advertising for future commissions, examples of my work, use in portfolios, etc., so long as I do not claim the characters/concept as my own
- Prices are sometimes negotiable, to a degree. If I have stated a final price and you are not happy with it, do not continue to barter.
fv_examples_by_hk66-dccjx7p.png

Examples
Pardon the links, for some reason my images aren't showing up!
[X] | [X] | [X] | [X] | [X] | [X]
fv_pricing_by_hk66-dccjx7c.png

Pricing
I take a variety of payment methods, however I ask that you please do not mix methods together (no partial payments). This just makes it easier on me to keep track.
Here are a few things I take for payment, from most to least preferred:
- USD through Paypal (preferred)
- Flight Rising Gems
- Flight Rising Treasure
- Flight Rising Dragons (adult only - trained to level 5+ preferred)
- Some Game currencies (1)
- Furvilla Furdollars/Furdollar Items
- Characters (mostly CS, some other designs, I will be picky)
(1) I play a lot of MMOs. I miiiight take some of their currency for payment, however this is handled on a case-by-case basis, and will only be allowed if that particular game allows it.

Banned Payment Methods
I do NOT take any of the following as payment! Please do not offer these!
- Furvilla items, currency, painties, etc. (except for FD related items and currency)
- Flight Rising items
- DA points (it's against Furvilla's rules!)
- Art (this isn't a trade thread)

So What does it Cost?
I charge $10/hour of time spent on the work. This translates to different things depending on what you're paying in - lucky for you, I did all the math so you don't have to :P

Contants
These values don't change

Flight Rising USD-to-Gem ratio: $10 = 1,050 Gems
Furvilla USD-to-FD ratio: $10 = 1,050 FD (rounded up 1 cent)

Fluctuating
These values change depending on the userbase, so I may change this value from time to time

Flight Rising Gem-to-Treasure ratio: 1 gem = 830 treasure
Furvilla FD-to-FurCash ratio: 1FD = 1,000FurCash

A typical, simple paintie with no complex designs will cost about $5

Group Discounts/Other Payment Methods
I am a part of several groups on DeviantArt. If you are also a member of these groups, then I have group-specific deals for you! Due to the nature of these though, the prices aren't as set in stone, and will need to be determined on a case-by-case basis.

RohKuhs - I can accept Bracken!
Griffia - I can accept Items, Characters, and GC/SC!
fv_do_dont_by_hk66-dccjx7r.png

What I Do
- All species
- All costumes (including Galaxy)
- Shifties (please check my DA to see if my art style fits what you want)
I do lots more too!

What I DON'T Do
- Mechas
- Gore (1)
- NSFW (2)
- Fanart (3)
- Base edits

(1) Scratches and some blood are fine, but guts spilling out is a no
(2) Furvilla does not allow NSFW works
(3) Technically speaking, selling fanart in any form is usually illegal - you're profiting off of someone else's work. Many get away with it, but I do not want to contribute to that.
fv_order_by_hk66-dccjx7f.png

To Order
To commission me, please fill out this form and post it below :> Do not PM me unless I message you first, please!

User ID:
Alternate Contact:
Villager:
Content:

User ID - the #s of your Furvilla user ID, so I can contact you in the case of a name change)
Alternate Contact - I need a way to contact you in case I can't on Furvilla. Not asking for personal information - just another website I can get you on, such as DeviantArt
Villager - Link to the villager I'll be doing the work for. If you want it on a different base, please note that here.
Content - Describe in detail what you want in the piece. Include links to any character references, color palettes, etc.

To-Do List
This list is sorted in two ways at once; it is first-come, first serve, however it is also sorted by order of preferred payment method. Those who offer a more preferred form of payment will be serviced first, unless I have already started work on another piece - in that case, I will finish that piece before moving back to the next person who is paying the more preferred payment method.

(ie. if person A comes first and is paying with FR currency, and person B comes and is paying with USD, then I will serve person B first, as long as I haven't begun person A's picture yet)

(unlimited slots)
1. OPEN
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
Jesse | he/him | artist | Poke'mon nerd | GuildWars2 addict
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
Furvilla Money Making Guide
24 Aug 2018, 7:39 pm
in ~Skunk Art~ [OPEN] (go to post)
fv_welcome_by_hk66-dccjx74.png

Hello, and welcome to my art shop! This is my hub for Commissions on Furvilla! :D

Who are you?
I am Jesse - I'm a married guy in his 20's, trying to improve my art and make a living off of it. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm getting there <3

So what is this?
It's a way to commission my artwork and get my work out there :3
fv_rules_by_hk66-dccjx77.png

Rules
- I reserve the right to refuse a commission request at any time, for any reason
- Any art you purchase from me may be posted anywhere you wish, with proper credit (please link back to my DeviantArt page!)
- You may NOT use the artwork in any way that will earn you a profit (selling merch with it, etc.) If you would like to commission something for this purpose, you may message me and we can talk about it.
- I reserve the right to use any artwork I create for my own personal purposes, including advertising for future commissions, examples of my work, use in portfolios, etc., so long as I do not claim the characters/concept as my own
- Prices are sometimes negotiable, to a degree. If I have stated a final price and you are not happy with it, do not continue to barter.
fv_examples_by_hk66-dccjx7p.png

Examples
Pardon the links, for some reason my images aren't showing up!
[X] | [X] | [X] | [X] | [X]
fv_pricing_by_hk66-dccjx7c.png

Pricing
I take a variety of payment methods, however I ask that you please do not mix methods together (no partial payments). This just makes it easier on me to keep track.
Here are a few things I take for payment, from most to least preferred:
- USD through Paypal (preferred)
- Flight Rising Gems
- Flight Rising Treasure
- Flight Rising Dragons (adult only - trained to level 5+ preferred)
- Some Game currencies (1)
- Furvilla Furdollars/Furdollar Items
- Characters (mostly CS, some other designs, I will be picky)
(1) I play a lot of MMOs. I miiiight take some of their currency for payment, however this is handled on a case-by-case basis, and will only be allowed if that particular game allows it.

Banned Payment Methods
I do NOT take any of the following as payment! Please do not offer these!
- Furvilla items, currency, painties, etc. (except for FD related items and currency)
- Flight Rising items
- DA points (it's against Furvilla's rules!)
- Art (this isn't a trade thread)

So What does it Cost?
I charge $10/hour of time spent on the work. This translates to different things depending on what you're paying in - lucky for you, I did all the math so you don't have to :P

Contants
These values don't change

Flight Rising USD-to-Gem ratio: $10 = 1,050 Gems
Furvilla USD-to-FD ratio: $10 = 1,050 FD (rounded up 1 cent)

Fluctuating
These values change depending on the userbase, so I may change this value from time to time

Flight Rising Gem-to-Treasure ratio: 1 gem = 830 treasure
Furvilla FD-to-FurCash ratio: 1FD = 1,000FurCash

Group Discounts/Other Payment Methods
I am a part of several groups on DeviantArt. If you are also a member of these groups, then I have group-specific deals for you! Due to the nature of these though, the prices aren't as set in stone, and will need to be determined on a case-by-case basis.

RohKuhs - I can accept Bracken!
Griffia - I can accept Items, Characters, and GC/SC!
fv_do_dont_by_hk66-dccjx7r.png

What I Do
- Headshots, busts, full bodies
- Multiple characters
- Simple/complex backgrounds
- Feral, anthro/furry, human, other species
- Character design help
- Adoptables
- Cartoony style
I do lots more too!

What I DON'T Do
- Mechas
- Gore (1)
- Sparkledogs (2)
- NSFW (3)
- Painties (4)
- Fanart (5)

(1) Scratches and some blood are fine, but guts spilling out is a no
(2) I will not color characters that will make my eyes bleed to look at
(3) Furvilla does not allow NSFW works
(4) Painties have their own sales board. This is not it.
(5) Technically speaking, selling fanart in any form is usually illegal - you're profiting off of someone else's work. Many get away with it, but I do not want to contribute to that.
fv_order_by_hk66-dccjx7f.png

To Order
To commission me, please fill out this form and post it below :> Do not PM me unless I message you first, please!

User ID:
Alternate Contact:
Style:
Content:

User ID - the #s of your Furvilla user ID, so I can contact you in the case of a name change)
Alternate Contact - I need a way to contact you in case I can't on Furvilla. Not asking for personal information - just another website I can get you on, such as DeviantArt
Style - Sketch, Lineart, Flat Color, Shaded | Cartoony, Anime
Content - Describe in detail what you want in the piece. Include links to any character references, color palettes, etc.

To-Do List
This list is sorted in two ways at once; it is first-come, first serve, however it is also sorted by order of preferred payment method. Those who offer a more preferred form of payment will be serviced first, unless I have already started work on another piece - in that case, I will finish that piece before moving back to the next person who is paying the more preferred payment method.

(ie. if person A comes first and is paying with FR currency, and person B comes and is paying with USD, then I will serve person B first, as long as I haven't begun person A's picture yet)

(unlimited slots)
1. OPEN
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
8 May 2017, 12:35 pm (Edited 8 May 2017, 12:35 pm)
in Things to watch when sad? (go to post)
My Cute Animals playlist on youtube :3 I also like to browse pinterest (I have a Cute Animals board there, too)
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
8 May 2017, 7:32 am
in May Exploration Event Guide (go to post)
Laz
Explored 'The Crossroads', entered the town then the mill, got a sinister spider web
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
6 May 2017, 9:11 pm
in S/M Shiny Pokemon Giveaways! [Glameow] (go to post)
Cha
#30 please? :D
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
28 Apr 2017, 10:19 am
Ambipom
Shiny Amaura are super cute (I have one named Vanilla! :D) and shiny Froakie and Litten seem popular. I'd love a shiny Fletchling, myself
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
26 Apr 2017, 7:48 am (Edited 26 Apr 2017, 7:48 am)
Ambipom
Are these hacked/cloned? :^ If not, add me to the pinglist please!
(not that there's anything wrong with that really, I'd just personally rather not have them)
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
23 Apr 2017, 11:10 am
in So Is the Changelog Not Being Used Anymore...? (go to post)
Once again, a feature was changed and not noted in the changelog - now when you explore, if a random event pops up that requires you to select an option, the 'explore again' button at the top disappears so you don't accidentally miss the event. I love this! But why are changes not being logged anymore? What other things could we be missing, because we aren't being told about them? :/
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
4 Apr 2017, 7:24 am
in April Paintie Contest Discussion! (go to post)
Admin-Mat
Does the paintie have to be made by the user that is entering? One thing I really disliked about the last paintie raffle/contest was that it allowed people to enter painties they didn't make...I personally don't want people entering painties I made into things like this :S
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
16 Mar 2017, 12:33 pm
in Serpent Eggs Hatching! What did you get? (go to post)
Lupin
For your numbers
I just hatched 2 serpent's eggs at 100%, got a common and uncommon :/ hatching 2 more in a few days
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
16 Mar 2017, 12:32 pm
in Finding Daily Streak? [Solved] (go to post)
Astrodevil E Gaming_Early
Thank you!

HSoup
Yeah, it's a horrible design :/
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
16 Mar 2017, 9:47 am
in Finding Daily Streak? [Solved] (go to post)
Sorry if this has been answered before, couldn't find it T-T How do I get to the daily streak page if I've already checked it today? There doesn't seem to be a link to it anywhere...
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
16 Mar 2017, 12:14 am
in Incubated eggs??? (go to post)
Not sure, subscribing cause I wanna know too - I will say, I had 4 incubating and removed 1. When I checked my inventory it said "potency 100%", but when I clicked to hatch it, it said "it could stand to incubate a little longer. Do you want to hatch it anyway?" but it did NOT give an option to incubate
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
15 Mar 2017, 10:05 pm
in is gaia a good game to play? (go to post)
As in Gaia Online? It used to be really cool like 7+ years ago. They started pushing the cash shop more and more until it was beyond obnoxious. Rules aren't fully enforced anymore in the forums, the economy is soooo bad you need millions to get much of anything, and they're still cash cows. Would not recommend, sorry.
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
10 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm
in Closed species interest check (go to post)
People love lore, so definitely work on some - it doesn't need to be a whole lot, but enough to get people started on developing characters.

I'd suggest coming up with some different traits, the ones you have now all look very similar.

What art program do you use? Do you own an art tablet? If not I'd suggest making traditional art of them. Yeah most adopts have shiny digital art, but that doesn't automatically make them better. It looks like a lot of effort went into your first fullbody image, but then when it comes to the trait images it looks like a lot less effort went into them.

I haven't seen a giraffe adopt species before, and they look cute! ^-^ Keep working at it!
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
10 Mar 2017, 10:35 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 10:35 am)
in GOD DAMMIT SERPENT WHY?! (Warrior Venting) (go to post)
Moon_Bee TheKeikoIsALie
Yes the weapon matters, for best damage results you need a weapon the monster is weak to. I forget what is weak to what, but the wiki has it. Maybe I'll make a little guide sometime... (but I have so much art to do first T-T)

Grats for getting it! I need one still T-T I only have 1 warrior because exploring is so much more profitable though. I've never seen a super rare monster deal that much damage o-0
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
10 Mar 2017, 7:41 am
in Longevity (go to post)
I really like all of these! I'd like to add games as a way to keep people interested - but I know I remember someone saying they were already being planned at some point. Other than that, I'd focus most on improving what's already implemented - having polished, balanced features will keep people around more than new and exciting ones, right now.
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
10 Mar 2017, 7:40 am
in Community Question: Contest Event Ideas (go to post)
Do not allow people to enter other people's art in contests or raffles. I don't think any of my art was entered into the site raffle for the last holiday, but if it had been I would've been very upset. Even if the person doesn't claim it as their own, it doesn't feel right at all. This includes painties that were commissioned or gifted. If we had a kind of 'paintie idol' (like Gaia's avatar contests) then I'd be fine with that, but nothing else.
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
10 Mar 2017, 6:39 am
in Existing Mechanics (go to post)
Quests
- super rare/rare pets should be taken out
- unable-to-attain items should be taken out
- pattern books should be taken out
- full costumes should be taken out
- FC rewards need increased
- total # of items needed needs decreased
- perhaps increase overall rewards, and create a cap for # of quests you can complete per day?

Animal Husbandry
- breeding %s need increased

Restocking
- I think it should be guaranteed to restock, rather than a chance to restock
- Keep NPC prices consistent, instead of ever-changing. Having them change does nothing for the economy, makes no sense lore-wise, and is just annoying

General
- 'recent topics/posts' should show the most recent posts, in order from newest to oldest (not sure how this fits in with FVs coding, but other sites do it...?)
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
9 Mar 2017, 10:37 am
in Kitteh Adventure! (IMG HEAVY)+Dead fish warning (go to post)
I've been trying to get my cat to get used to outdoors - he's 100% an indoor-only cat, unless he's on a harness and leash. First time he got spooked but eventually explored a bit. He hates his harness though T-T

Your cat is so cute <3
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
8 Mar 2017, 11:22 am
in How to stop having so much sugar? (go to post)
aokatsuki
Sugar addiction is a real thing, on the same level as caffeine addiction and nicotine/cigarettes and any other addiction. Good for you for wanting to address the problem!

I was legit addicted to sugar and it took me years to figure it out. Luckily my genes kept me from gaining weight from it - unluckily, I had tooons of other health problems and was underweight :/

- Eliminate one source at a time. This will make the transition easier. If you 100% cut out sugar instantly, not only is it super hard, but your body might go into shock. It's used to living off of so much sugar. Stop one thing (WITHOUT substituting something else sugary for it! ;P) and once you feel like you've got a handle on it, eliminate something else. Eventually you might not like sweet things as much!

(I used to eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast every day. I stopped that and went to cereal; now I can only eat sweet cookies every once in a while, because they're too sweet for me and might make me sick o-o)

- Drink lots of water! Lots of times we think we're hungry but it's actually thirst. Get a cute water bottle you love and keep it with you at all times (obviously except washing it)

- For exercising, start small. Take a small walk, or do just a few crunches. Once you get comfortable with it, you can go longer/do more strenuous workouts.

- Find some fruits you like! I looove strawberries, grapes, and watermelon - plus they have the benefit of hydrating you too! They're also good for nail and skin health :O

- Be aware of how you might be motivated. What makes you excited? For me, I LOVE video games, and RPGs. So for me, the website Habitica.com is a godsend! I love making checklists, but never tend to keep up with them. This site combines that with an RPG style game and makes you accountable for not doing things you're supposed to do.

- Get a routine you do every single day. Doing this can make you feel like you've got more control in your life, which gives you confidence, which can help self control!

Hopefully some of that helped >-<
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
8 Mar 2017, 11:10 am
in FR advice? (go to post)
Lots of great advice here so far! Not gonna read through every single one, so sorry if there's any repeats! o-o;

- Gather every single day for FOOD, and convert it from your inventory/hoard! You can gather for digging/scavenging too, but the most useful is the food gathering when a festival isn't happening.
- Find a game you're good at/enjoy in the Fairgrounds. You can earn a certain amount of treasure every day, and it's a great way to get some extra treasure while you're just starting out!
- Make use of your Vault. If you like to spend spend spend, deposit some of your treasure into there; same with items you want to keep if you won't be using them
- As soon as you can, give all of your dragons Familiars, and bond with them every day! Extra treasure, plus chests!
- Don't be afraid to exalt Dragons! It's NOT a bad thing when they're exalted, lore-wise. It's a great honor and a good thing to be exalted. It gives you money too!
- Pick three dragons and level them up in the Coliseum! It's a looong road to level 25, but it's well worth it! Use Crulex's (spelling?) guide to "how to Train Your Dragon" for stats!
- Participate in your flight's forums! Socialize!
- Start leveling your Alchemy (Baldwin) as soon as you can, it's super useful later!
- DO look at the newbie giveaways! Don't spam them though
- DO ask your Flight's bank/etc for money if you need it. Don't beg for money, though (ex don't make a new post 'I need treasure please' or message random players)

Feel free to message me on there if you have any questions, Same name as here ^-^ I've been a member for about 2 years!
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
4 Mar 2017, 1:20 pm
in Redesigning Species - Discussion/Opinions Wanted! (go to post)
Rayray408
No that definitely helps some - I really like those aspects too! Thanks for your input!
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
4 Mar 2017, 1:12 pm
in Redesigning Species - Discussion/Opinions Wanted! (go to post)
Bumping, would really like opinions! :>
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
2 Mar 2017, 7:18 pm
in Wyvern Breeding interest check! ♥ (go to post)
Gaming_Early
Pinglist please? :D I won't be able to buy the new pets but willing to trade for other stuff if interested later
Art Shop | Paintie Shop