Hancets's Recent Posts

21 Dec 2016, 10:51 am
in Equestrian Kingdoms/Horses of Furvilla (not mlp) (go to post)
Lucinda I've never really RPed before but might be open to trying. :D
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
20 Dec 2016, 1:19 pm
Lucinda

I'm planning on entering the art contest; I just haven't been able to do anything yet because of RL responsibilities. :'D

About our main colors; I don't think our main colors should match any of the species' colors. If there's any other color scheme we could use that doesn't match the unicorn/alicorn scheme I think that'd be best..
But if there's no other scheme, I vote for it to match the unicorn colors, because a unicorn started the guild. ^^'
19 Dec 2016, 4:57 pm
Lucinda

I don't know if it's too close to Christmas but, maybe a little Christmas gift event? I dunno, I've just found that things like Secret Santas can be really fun. c:
17 Dec 2016, 11:13 pm (Edited 17 Dec 2016, 11:14 pm)
in What species are you? (go to post)
Horse. .v.
Specifically, alicorn - and I was an alicorn before MLP:FIM was even a thing, so I didn't make myself a deity out of pride or something horribly self-centered like that, btw. I just picked this species and.. Eh, stuff happened.

If I absolutely couldn't be a horse/equine.. I'd probably be a deer, maybe a sheep. But I'd have to be an herbivore of some kind.
17 Dec 2016, 10:51 pm (Edited 17 Dec 2016, 10:51 pm)
in Unpopular Stuff You're interested In (go to post)
I don't know if any of these count as unpopular, but...

Psychology! I love learning about how the brain works: coping mechanisms, mental disorders, thought processes, and the like. It's fascinating to me.

I also enjoy other sciences too. Biology, mainly. But I also enjoy learning tidbits about physics and such.

Snakes and spiders. I mean, I love learning about animals in general. But the poor snakes and spiders are really.. Hated.. By most.. s:

I like learning about pretty much anything and everything, really. .u.
17 Dec 2016, 10:49 pm
in Similar sites to Furvilla? (go to post)
I used to play Webkinz, but.. I lost my love for it. Outgrew it, I guess?

I also played howrse for a time, but my horse on there was based off of my RL horse who injured her leg, and nearly had to be put down.. The same week my 'howrse' of her died. Never played it since.

Now I just play on Furvilla, and a semi-similar site called PonyIsland. :P I do love PI.
17 Dec 2016, 10:36 pm (Edited 17 Dec 2016, 10:37 pm)
in What are your holiday traditions? (go to post)
Every year, on Christmas morning, my family makes fresh sausage balls, and we eat them while we unwrap presents. Even though my stomach can't handle "real" sausage or cheese anymore, and I have to use alternatives, I still make them annually. It's a really important part of Christmas to me, hah.

I've made a tradition of baking lots of treats around Christmastime. I do it almost entirely on my own - partially because I enjoy doing it, partially because my mom despises cooking/baking so it's a soft of gift to her, in a way. I especially love making peppermint bark. It's a December-only dessert, and one of my favorites. <3

We also have made it a tradition of giving our dog a present each year - she pouts for the entirety of the day if we don't.

Oh, and we try to set up model trains each year! We have the little ceramic houses and Lionel trains; we set up villages with fake snow, forests, mountains and such and.. Well, I always have to stick a few little model horses here and there. ;)
17 Dec 2016, 4:01 pm
in Breakfast (go to post)
I.. I actually kind of hate breakfast. |D Honestly, I hate 99% of breakfast food. Especially very greasy or sugary foods, as those wreak havoc on my body.. But of course, that's basically all breakfast is. :P At least, that's how it was growing up in the south.

I only just started liking breakfast recently, when I found the best breakfast (for me): A plain bagel and some fruit. - u -' I enjoy it more than any other breakfast, ever.
I have it every morning, except on special occasions, like when we have sausage balls on Christmas, for instance.
17 Dec 2016, 1:30 pm
in What time is it and what are you thinking about? (go to post)
2:30 PM - Hoping commissioners will PM me back regarding art, and considering tidying up my room a bit, now that I have some time to myself.
16 Dec 2016, 10:44 pm
in Come share your work! (go to post)
Mythicize ;o;
You have no idea how much that means to me, my gosh. When I was younger I was always so worried (to the point of being brought to tears, aha) about my horses either being "too realistic" or "too cartoony", and I thought I could never mix the two. Gahh. ; w ; Thank you so much for your kind words!~
16 Dec 2016, 12:53 pm
in Post your desktop wallpaper/background! (go to post)
Screenshot%202016-12-16%2013.52.30.png

Just some Christmas-y tree branches. ^^; I try to stick to darker backgrounds so they don't hurt my eyes.
15 Dec 2016, 1:46 pm
in Come share your work! (go to post)
//splutters

I hardly have had any time for proper art lately, but.. Here's the most recent stuff I can find. ;u; First two are commissions, the others are personal pieces.

chocolatlsketch1.png

shattersketch1.png

gprancingcutesketchcolored.png

And for the heck of it.. An attempt at animation? Drew each frame separately. I gave up when I realized hair is a thing and it -moves-.

ganimationwalkcycleidk2test_zps1tmtkgn4.
15 Dec 2016, 1:26 pm (Edited 15 Dec 2016, 1:28 pm)
in your favourite thing about the furry fandom (go to post)
TL;DR : People are nice. Also, animals.

Honestly? My favorite thing about it is the reason I love it.. And I love it because I feel like I belong here.

I'm gonna get really sappy and it's gonna sound REALLY stupid, but this is entirely honest.. And to really explain why I love the fandom, I'm going to tell a story.

I'll save you a long description of how I always felt "other" as a kid. How I had trouble connecting with people, I was shy and was prone to hiding under tables. How I used to love horses -so- much I'd pretend to be one - daily, at home. How I'd re-watch movies with anthro animals over and over until the rest of my family was sick and tired of them. How I always thought it'd be awesome to have a tail, or even better, BE an animal. How I could imitate horse neighs impeccably - and I still can, though they're not as good.

I've known about furries for years.. I'd occasionally gone through phases, if you will; watching furry videos or looking at furry art. I'd periodically get attracted to it, then see.. Er, questionable things, and get turned away, or just lose interest and tell myself I could never be a part of that group.

Fast forward to this past year. I'd been going through another furry phase, researching the fandom itself, looking past what it -appeared- to be and seeing what it actually was. And I was absolutely hooked.
I loved it. I loved the animals, obviously, because I'm really just a huge animal lover all together. But I also loved the creativity, how all these crazy ideas were shared and appreciated,
I loved the community, how everyone acted like a big family, I loved watching videos of fursuiters who went and made people's days just by dressing in a giant animal costume. Several of Kijani Lion's videos brought me to tears because I -wanted- to do that. I -wanted- to make people smile. I wanted to brighten their day, even just a little.

So, after months of deliberating, asking friends' opinions, and worrying myself sick, I finally told my mother about it.
Surprisingly, she was supportive. I was relieved. I found a furry convention that's semi-local - FurReality - and decided I was going to sell a prize from an art contest I'd won, (for about $775 I think?) and use the funds to make a suit and go to the convention. I'd only planned on trying the fandom out. I was going to have the full experience - fursuit, furcon, etc., and if I hated it, I was prepared to sell the suit and move on.

And I did go to the con.
And it was great.
But on the last day, (again, I'll save you too much detail; though am perfectly happy to elaborate on the story if you want to hear it) I met Uncle Kage and Alkali Bismuth in person.
Don't take this the wrong way; I wasn't impressed because "ohhh popufurs hurh", I'd honestly been avoiding both Kage and Alkali because I didn't want them to remember me.
What impressed me was their attitude. Now, I'd already met so many amazing people at the convention, including a new close friend. But the kindness of these people - Kage especially - when, in his case, he's very well-known.. It was absolutely astounding. Honestly, I was astounded.

I didn't expect anyone at the convention to like me. I didn't expect anyone to remotely notice me. And yet here I was, just some random girl at her first convention, with no experience in the fandom, no one knowing who the flying heck I was.. And I was getting hugged. I was being recognized. People loved my art. People bought commissions from me. People loved my suit, though she's not the best. People loved -me-.

The furries at that convention were so incredibly kind and accepting it still brings me to tears. I love this fandom because it's like a giant melting pot of everything I love - creativity, art, animals, costumes, friends, family. I love this fandom all together. Here, I can be me, I can be weird and wear a tail and talk about costumes and art and act strange and people love me for it. People are my friends, now, because we met through it. And that's amazing.
I'm forever grateful to the people I met at the con, and their kindness, and the inspiration they are. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me and my, (as my family calls it), "furriness."
15 Dec 2016, 12:52 pm
in How did you come up with your fursonas name? (go to post)
I named my fursona Grace because, well, that's my middle name, and I thought it was pretty. |D
I love my middle name, and almost prefer it over my first name. It serves to tie her to me, and for her to really represent me without using my "actual" name, so she's still her own character in a sense.
15 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm
in Sergal trubles (go to post)
Would the fur be short in that region? I'm semi-new to fursuit making, (only made 1, working on a second one) but an idea that -might- work is painting on the markings with fabric paint. I have absolutely no idea if it'd work or not, but I'd assume that if the fur was short, you could use some white fabric paint (maybe try using it normally and using it diluted, but with multiple layers) you could have small markings, without sewing, that could still be cleaned easier than acrylics.

Might be worth a shot! Just test it on scrap fur, of course, if you do decide to try it. :'D
14 Dec 2016, 2:53 pm
Sent in my votes!

So excited to help around this Guild. I can already tell it'll be fun. :D
14 Dec 2016, 11:07 am
in Word Association (go to post)
Dark
13 Dec 2016, 10:52 am
satintheunicorn

Very well, thanks! With Christmas around (and the semester ending, thank the heavens) I've been in a very chipper mood lately. You?
13 Dec 2016, 10:35 am (Edited 13 Dec 2016, 10:50 am)
Edit: never mind me ; u ; Timezones mess with my head.

satintheunicorn - Nice to see other PIers around here. c:
11 Dec 2016, 7:32 pm
in Draw the Villager Above You (Poorly) (go to post)
Bluagh.

cypress_zpslvcmliw5.png
9 Dec 2016, 4:59 pm
in Best villager name above you (go to post)
Shenzai Zaltore is an awesome name!
9 Dec 2016, 10:10 am
Oh gosh, I didn't realize we were supposed to include the character names. My fursona's/alicorn's name is Grace, my -username- is Hancets! ^^' Sorry about that!
9 Dec 2016, 9:14 am
Also, just a suggestion, should we call this the Horse and Pony Guild? That sort of encompasses both magic/non-magic horses and ponies. Just a thought. c:
9 Dec 2016, 8:58 am
I'd be open to being an Alicorn leader/head, though am not sure what -exactly- to do as head - if it's finding and recommending/recruiting them into the Guild I'm all game though! And I'm.. Open for RP I guess? Haven't really RPed in a very long time. ^^'
8 Dec 2016, 11:24 pm
in Answer the question of the person above you! (go to post)
Am I? I haven't checked yet! I know I'm an alicorn though, does that count?

What's your favorite thing to do around the holidays?