Hancets's Recent Posts

24 Sep 2017, 11:30 pm
in Strange Opinions/Feelings (go to post)
I don't know if it's strange but I'm kind of sad that I can't eat chocolate anymore. Or pineapples. Or apples. Or oranges. Or anything with those in them. or my favorite bbq chips... :'))

I enjoy all the seasons in their due time, but there's just something about spring that seems lackluster. Like spring is a really weird inbetween season where nothing happens?? You can hardly tell when it's spring and when it's actually summer??? Maybe I just haven't lived where there's actual seasons long enough to tell.
Conversely, I love fall and winter. It feels like sleeping to me, like the world's calming down for a rest. But at the same time things are picking up; Halloween and my birthday and Thanksgiving and Christmas~~

Also I don't like salads. I wish I did. But I don't. Eating the raw leaves and vegetables literally makes me want to vomit. I haven't been able to stomach them and I may never... I don't even know if I wish I could because it all just tastes so nasty. D| There's been one salad I've had that I've enjoyed. One. And it was barely a proper salad.

Avocados are basically tasteless and I don't -really- get the craze behind them?? Guacamole is okay but. I mean. There's barely any taste..? Maybe I just haven't tasted a really good avocado though?

Mangoes are okay but I only like them in smoothies. Same with bananas.
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
24 Sep 2017, 11:00 pm
in Alternate fursona species? (go to post)
So here's a question for all you furries out there:

If your fursona(s) couldn't be the species you have them as, what would they be instead?

For instance, my sona's an alicorn. But if she couldn't be an equine of any kind, she might be a rabbit or a deer. Or maybe a cow! Something herbivorous for sure.

So what about you guys? What would your "alternate" fursona species be? :D
16 Sep 2017, 11:22 pm
in furry questions (go to post)
I dunno about pets honestly...! I guess it depends on the world the furry lives in, i.e. if there's still "feral" animals in that world or not.

As for the cow bit !
I used to have a dragon/horse sona because I ate meat, and it bothered me to say I was a horse but to eat meat.
Nowadays I can't eat meat due to health reasons, so I switched over to full horse for my sona and feel much better about it all. Little vegan horse, happy to be me. c: But yes, most people who have herbivorous fursonas do still eat meat! It's what most people do. Although, some vegan furries will have herbivore sonas on purpose, like me - I've seen some cows and sheep around before.
16 Sep 2017, 11:15 pm
in Fursuit Performance (go to post)
I get sort of hyper and very.. Horsish?? in suit. Think jumpy, happy yearling/foal, and that's me. I bounce a LOT. I nod my head, stamp my feet, and rest my feet as a horse does - with one hoof relaxed, the other normal.

I also interact in humanlike ways though, especially for kids. High fives, dances, hugs, clapping and cheering for them. Also fistbumps. Those are great. Bigger movements tend to work better in suit, nice and exaggerated. It helps people read you better.

I don't always make sound but when I do talk, it ends up being high pitched and excited? And I say "Blah!" a lot idek how that happened
I do snort when I'm frustrated, and sometimes attempt a nicker or a neigh, but horse sounds are far less recognizable (and far less easy) than dog or cat sounds.

Oh, and during parades, if we go over hard surfaces, I jog because my hooves make a clip-clop sound.
//yes i jogged in a full digi fursuit
//no i didnt die
//yes im gonna do it again :^)))
16 Sep 2017, 11:05 pm (Edited 16 Sep 2017, 11:05 pm)
in Important Furry Questions™ (ok not really) (go to post)
im actually interested in answering these because i like questions hah

1. Yeah, for body suits and padding you usually throw them in the washer OR wash them by hand in a tub, depending on the type of washer/suit you have. For heads I believe you just spray them down with alcohol and water solution, unless there's deep stains, which would call for deeper cleaning. I've only had to spray my head so far though.

2. I dunno if there's a trend of furry-related stuff but I do know Zootopia has made it easier for me to explain to people what a furry is. :'D

3. I joke about furries because I joke about myself anyway. I think it's important to not take yourself too seriously, and to not be prideful. It's also good to be yourself and to accept, hey, maybe being yourself means being weird, and that's okay. All that being said, there's a difference between joking and putting yourself down.. The latter should be avoided.

4. You can't have an anthropomorphic human as anthropomorphizing, by definition, means to add human characteristics to something, and a human already has human characteristics.
However, I have seen art of a human-human centaur and it was majesty incarnate.

5. yes

But actually no; I believe if Bigfoot is an actual thing, it's probably a species of ape, and is therefore just an animal. c:

6. Unless you're recognized by the scientific community then yes, you would technically be a cryptid.. I guess? But then again you're just a human in a costume; so. It's up for debate.

7. Unfortunately I don't think that'll ever be possible, as genetics are very specific and different species aren't meant to mesh together. But I have nooooo idea the implications of fursuits/animal accessories if animal-human hybrids were created. That's a giant can 'o' worms I'm not overly interested in opening. |D
18 Aug 2017, 11:07 pm
in Happy Fursuit Friday ! (go to post)
pollyanna - DUDE HECK I LOVE THAT CHARACTER AND THAT SUIT. She's so cuuute !

Treble_da_Doggo - Ahh, I see! I definitely recommend, given your age, you start with a partial suit. Not because it's a bad thing, you being a minor, but because of the whole you'll-keep-growing-for-a-while-and-might-outgrow-your-suit thing. My first suit head fits differently now than it did just last year, and I'm toward the end of growing.. Just imagine what a few years would do.
But starting your saving now is a really great choice. You're smart to do that !
18 Aug 2017, 9:16 pm
Alsoo, it's technically late-ish but it's still Friday! So again, happy Fursuit Friday !

I actually poodled/broke the magic in this one but it was just for fun, okay?

pxZmHoc.jpg

Bonus look at my NEW, BEST FURSUIT EVER 11/10

xw0UGaR.jpg

look at that beautiful face. such amazing visibility too. and the detail is just spot on.
18 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm
ArtisticSans - You could try making one! It's a really fun experience.

rosewolf457 - Thanks so much! Yeah, suits are super fun, I'm sure you'll love yours whenever you get one. ^^

Treble_da_Doggo - Awesome. Do you have a maker in mind? c:

Cykes - Awh, such a cute suit! Do thylacines eat eagles often?
28 Jul 2017, 5:05 pm
in What's that ONE song you won't stop listening to? (go to post)
Honestly..

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
The Other Side of Paradise - Glass Animals
and a host of random Imagine Dragons songs, as well as.. Memey trash. :'D
28 Jul 2017, 5:02 pm
It's a thing on Twitter, right..?

Idk, if this is a stupid idea, that's fine. It's just, the other "post your fursuit" threads haven't been posted on in. Months. Eehk.

Anyway, here goes !

v09wYAX.jpg

6qA2TLK.jpg

i'm a horse.
5 Jul 2017, 11:30 pm
in Future Fursuiter in the making (go to post)
MythicalVoltage
Fursuiting is definitely fun! If you enjoy acting, or enjoyed playing pretend when you were younger, you'd probably love fursuiting. It's a blast to dress up and portray a character.

I'd recommend you know your heat tolerance and normal body temperature before getting a suit. They're very warm - in fact most people describe them as downright hot - and they're right. I tend to be cold, and I can withstand a lot of heat (grew up in Florida so it doesn't bother me much!), but I also know my limits. Keep in mind that heat stroke is a danger, so staying hydrated and taking breaks could be a literal life saver.

If you have any friends that own suits, maybe try them/parts of them on if you can. If you have any issues with small spaces, feeling sort of "compressed" (it can feel that way in a suit), or having your vision limited, you'd need to consider that when commissioning a suit. For example, if you don't like having limited vision, you could ask the maker to give your Dutchie big irises so you can see out better.
Oh, and as a tip, if you have to wear prescription glasses, make sure the head you buy is well ventilated and has room for your glasses in it. I built my head with room and extra ventilation so my glasses don't fog up in suit, and it was definitely the right way to go!

Do you have any makers you're considering? And would you be getting a partial or a full suit? I'm really intrigued! c:
3 Jul 2017, 10:32 am
in [Fursuit WIP] Watch Grace come to life! - COMPLETE (go to post)
Hello again everyone~

Got back from Anthrocon last night. Grace was out 'n about as a partial on Friday, and a fullsuit both Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully some of you guys saw her! If not, she'll be in the AC parade videos, of course.

Still trying to figure out photobucket's sudden "meh you can't third party host" thing but I'm sure it'll work out. Thanks all for your patience and your support!
30 Jun 2017, 12:55 am
Hey guys, quick little update before I go to bed.

Long story short, Grace WILL be done in time for Anthrocon!

But I won't have time to upload or post pictures before heading out. So, I'll be at the Furvilla meetup and she'll probably be there with me, if you want to see her in person - and of course after the con I'll post the final pictures of her! Thank you all for your support. :D
28 Jun 2017, 11:55 pm
okamiterrior - Oh, that's handy! Unfortunately I don't have a Facebook but.. Maybe I can make it work. Thanks for the info!
28 Jun 2017, 11:39 pm
okamiterrior - Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely consider it, although I'm leery of making new accounts anywhere, honestly. :'D I wish Photobucket would just work!
28 Jun 2017, 11:29 pm (Edited 28 Jun 2017, 11:37 pm)
Kitten226 - Yeah, I saw that.. Photobucket's of the opinion I need to upgrade and pay in order to share images, apparently. I don't have a DA, nor a sta.sh.. The only reason I'm using Photobucket is because Dropbox made its public folder invisible to the public (????) and I had to switch.

Basically, photo hosting sites can be dumb and I've been too busy with the suit to work out the nuances of it all. |D Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

EDIT: Thank you all for the lovely compliments and support, too ! <3
27 Jun 2017, 11:20 pm
As usual, thanks all for the compliments. <3

teaunicorn - Thanks! :D I can't wait to finally have her done, lol.. I may just put her on and lie about for a while. Making a whole suit this quickly is just exhausting.

Casper_Ringtail - Awh, thank you. I'm glad people like her design. <3 Yes, the horn was fairly simple! If you want me to PM you a link to the tutorial(s) I grabbed inspiration from, let me know! It was surprisingly easy to make and yielded a great outcome, I think.
27 Jun 2017, 11:17 pm
Rayray408
Pyon
spiritwolf100
RedlaSunShowers029
Choccie
Casper_Ringtail
Steampunk_Llama
Hawkfeather
meggie
blackbobcat
OneSmartChicken
sugoishiba
Navydust
LordKaen
Norbiester
Vescen
avaloniancat
Poofygirl
MeatieMeats
dowryyytos
Soni
TelseCat
Kaenisei
atilla
Chroma
WarriorMaiden
Ryuuka
TechniGhost
Dragonwolfpup
Kaidaft
Florakoko
Frogluv123
WhiteVixen
Squirrel
MeloNeko
CaceyDoesThings
HalcyonHood
McReyes
Spyromancy
Pamuya
Breezeyheart
Treble_da_Doggo
Purin
Cutie
Emeraldheart
teaunicorn
silvester
27 Jun 2017, 11:16 pm
Hey again, guys! Anthrocon is coming up and I'm racing to the finish.. Hoping to wear Grace there, as you know! c:

First thing's first, here's the finishes wings, all stuffed and adorable.

IMG_0592_zpseuok44rl.jpg

Then, taking the small section of the paint suit that did work (most of it didn't work because it was too stretchy..), I cut it up and used it as a pattern for the armsleeves.

Marking the fur..

IMG_0684_zpsp8pldfpl.jpg

The fur is cut!

IMG_0685_zpsafg1g5z0.jpg

We sewed the sleeves, and my mother/best-helper-ever made a pattern for the torso based off of an old tshirt. Here's the nearly finished top half of the suit!

IMG_0695_zpsxtaisxxv.jpg

I also got some great work done on the head.

Started taping ~

IMG_0690_zpsarp2y9w2.jpg

Finished taping, marked and patterned.

IMG_0693_zps2s0a931z.jpg

Then I cut all the pieces off, marking where they went on the head as I cut them.

IMG_0696_zps9djjitu8.jpg

And here's a bit of the fur, cut and shaved a little !

IMG_0706_zps4nwfgxiv.jpg

And the final thing we did today was pattern the legs. First we taped the foam padding to my leg, then did a mini-DTD (Duct Tape Dummy) of my leg, which we'll use as a pattern for both legs.

IMG_0700_zpswgweabmz.jpg

Here's the leg, removed from my body and marked out with seams and such.

IMG_0704_zpsvuzpxp2w.jpg

And here's what it'll look like with the feet!

IMG_0705_zpsd1ehjlbj.jpg

We also did a bit of work with the head fur. I got ALL the fur for the head traced out and cut, and we started sewing. We'll be dedicating tomorrow morning to furring the head, and tomorrow afternoon to more work on the head/work on the legs.
26 Jun 2017, 8:46 am
Thank you all so, so very much for your kindness. <3

Breezeyheart - Thanks! And that's so great - if you ever do make a fursuit, maybe post a WIP of it here on FurVilla? I'd love to see it!

Xenodragon11 - Thank you. :D Looking forward to seeing your tips!

Navydust - Oh. :'D Thanks a ton. This is my first time doing most of this stuff, so I'm very happy with how it's turning out!

CaceyDoesThings - ; u ; oh gosh you're so friggin sweet, ahhhh ~ Thank you! I'm far from being a pro but gosh, it's great to know people think it looks so nice. Let's hope the people at Anthrocon like it, too!
Best of luck on your suits, by the way. <3
25 Jun 2017, 11:28 pm
Once again I'd like to thank ALL of you for your support and interest - I'm delighted to know so many people are enjoying this!

blackbobcat - Thank you! She's getting up there in years, and enjoys the couch almost as much as she does food, but she's a good girl.

McReyes - Ahhh, I'm glad you're enjoying this one too. ; u ; Thanks!

Pamuya - Oh my, thank you! It means a lot to know people are impressed with my work. Fursuit making can be rather.. Daunting! But it's definitely rewarding too.

Emeraldheart - you're so sweet oh my gosh. :'D Added you - thanks so much for the support !

Smoothiepuppy - I use white buckram fabric! Bought it from Jo-ann's craft store. It was quite cheap too, because the piece I got was a large remnant that'd already been cut. You could probably go to any fabric store and find it, or something quite similar, there.

And thank you too, Purin! c:
25 Jun 2017, 11:21 pm
Rayray408
Pyon
spiritwolf100
RedlaSunShowers029
Choccie
Casper_Ringtail
Steampunk_Llama
Hawkfeather
meggie
blackbobcat
OneSmartChicken
sugoishiba
Navydust
LordKaen
Norbiester
Vescen
avaloniancat
Poofygirl
MeatieMeats
dowryyytos
Soni
TelseCat
Kaenisei
atilla
Chroma
WarriorMaiden
Ryuuka
TechniGhost
Dragonwolfpup
Kaidaft
Florakoko
Frogluv123
WhiteVixen
Squirrel
MeloNeko
CaceyDoesThings
HalcyonHood
McReyes
Spyromancy
Pamuya
Breezeyheart
Treble_da_Doggo
Purin
Cutie
Emeraldheart
25 Jun 2017, 11:17 pm
Hello again, everyone! Time for another huge update. :D

When we left off, I was fixing the ears. I use the first ear piece I cut as a pattern/guide for the second. And to save me some hassle, I used the factory-edge corners of the foam for the tips of the ears! ;)

IMG_0540_zpsehcxcpan.jpg

It took a LOT of re-positioning and re-pinning, and quite a bit of frustration, but I finally got the ears in a good place. Check out that angle!

IMG_0568_zpsbcxj2jfb.jpg

Then I pinned the ears in place, and glued them. Which is always super nerve wracking. :'D

IMG_0572_zpsec5fylna.jpg

Also, two little bits of the suit were finished - the horn, which I followed an online tutorial for, and the hands, which were basically just some cheap gloves from Lowe's with some long black pile faux fur sewn to the cuff. But they're cute, and super comfortable!

IMG_0550_zpsqpb1kkbp.jpg

IMG_0543_zpsohoql7rp.jpg

The wings were a whole different animal - these things really threw me for a loop. Eventually I figured out by layering the fleece I cut a certain way, I could achieve the marking pattern I wanted without pulling my hair out.. Or the patterns not working because the seam allowance was too small.

Here's one wing, pinned..

IMG_0537_zpsltfwerzu.jpg

One wing sewn, the other ready to be pinned/sewn.

IMG_0556_zpsbfa6up0w.jpg

'Inside' view of a finished wing - it's going to be flipped inside out and stuffed.

IMG_0565_zpsiak44aqi.jpg

Now, the feet! I took an old pair of comfortable, reliable shoes (I was able to wear them for a 3-day-long trip that was full of walking, running, jumping - basically being on my feet a lot. They stood up to the wear and tear and left my feet pretty painless considering how much I did. But they're old and I probably need nicer looking ones for being in front of people so.. Fursuit feet it is!), some barrier boots for horses (They're basically a big rubber horse hoof.), and the heel off an old pair of shoes from the local Salvation Army (I think it was about $3? for the pair) and glued them together.

IMG_0577_zps32l6h8qk.jpg

Then I hot glued foam on top of the shoes, so I have a nice base to glue the fur to.

IMG_0587_zpse7njjtsx.jpg

Started taping the shoes, careful to keep enough room in the pattern for my foot to fit - I have rather wide feet :'D

IMG_0589_zpsre1cdjng.jpg

More taping! Also marking the seams on the tape, so I know where to cut and to sew.

IMG_0591_zpsw2zzifed.jpg

Cut the pattern from the shoes, laid it out on the fur, and cut the appropriate pieces. I had -just- enough fur to finish the feet.

IMG_0595_zps1gikybod.jpg

After sewing, here's a dry fit of the fur on the shoes.

IMG_0601_zpsoh8qlf0r.jpg

Onto the tail! Here's the final stripes sewn on.

IMG_0538_zpsjton5m5l.jpg

I then cut a round base for the tail out of fleece, because this tail is LARGE. Biggest tail I've made to date.. Definitely the heaviest too. This thing absolutely devoured all the polyfil I put in it.
After sewing the base and stuffing, I attached four elastic straps to it - two smaller, two larger, and it worked quite nicely to keep the tail secure.
I then tried to take a picture of me with the tail on but gosh it's hard without a mirror. |D Sorry it's so blurry!

IMG_0582_zpshtrql9kr.jpg

Also, when we bought the glue for the shoes, we bought this painter's cover-all suit. We're going to alter it so it fits me, then mark it, cut it, and use it as a pattern for the fur.

IMG_0552_zpstcley6e4.jpg

Now. Tonight we did the leg padding and.. Holy cRAP was it tricky. We tried following Sparky Can Do's tutorial, of gluing foam onto tights - but the problem is, the legs are for me, but I'm also the one that needed to be shaping the foam. So after cutting out initial thigh padding out of foam, I had the idea to make a partial Duct Tape Dummy around one leg, pin the foam to that, shape it, and use that for the body pattern.

So we did. And then I tried using my sad little craft scissors to shape the foam. Yeah, that wasn't happening.
So my mother had the fantastic idea to use an electric knife we've used -maybe- twice to carve turkeys.
IT WAS BRILLIANT.
I ended up just setting the foam on my work table and sculpting it with the knife. I love that thing, man. It's borderline magical, I tell you.

Here's the finished padding, for the thigh and calf, respectively:

IMG_0620_zpscz0qjrxf.jpg

And a shot of me with a test-fit of the padding. Horse leg accomplished!
Also, yes, I wear fuzzy socks and dark jeans in the middle of June... I'm cold-natured. :'D

IMG_0606_zpsejzj2afv.jpg
24 Jun 2017, 11:38 pm
And just so you guys know - the next update or two will have:

- Completed tail
- Completed hands
- Nearly completed wings
- Completed horn (ready to be attached)
- Nearly completed head (after I attach the second ear it'll be ready to tape and pattern)
- Nearly completed feet/hooves (shoes attached to hoof bases; gotta pattern, cut/sew, and attach fur)

Exciting stuff! I'll be making the foam base for the digitigrade/technically unguligrade padding tomorrow so we can start on the bodysuit ASAP!

Rayray408
Pyon
spiritwolf100
RedlaSunShowers029
Choccie
Casper_Ringtail
Steampunk_Llama
Hawkfeather
meggie
blackbobcat
OneSmartChicken
sugoishiba
Navydust
LordKaen
Norbiester
Vescen
avaloniancat
Poofygirl
MeatieMeats
dowryyytos
Soni
TelseCat
Kaenisei
atilla
Chroma
WarriorMaiden
Ryuuka
TechniGhost
Dragonwolfpup
Kaidaft
Florakoko
Frogluv123
24 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm
Adding everybody who asked to the list; thanks all for your kindness! I'd respond to each post individually but saying "thank you" over and over is bound to bore you all ; u ;

Kaenisei - Awh, thank you so much! I'm glad you like how my last suit turned out. C:

ScissorMouth - Absolutely, you can use these pics as photos or inspiration or whatever else you need. And if you feel like it, maybe post a WIP thread of any projects you make? I'm sure people would love to see!

Casper_Ringtail - Yes, fursuit eyes that are made of buckram/plastic mesh, at least, do have to be dark/black on the side near your face in order for you to see through them. Of course it may be possible to see through without the backs painted, but I do know that having a nice coat of black on the back GREATLY improves vision!

Florakoko - Best of luck making a suit, friend! If you have any further questions about fursuit making, send me a PM and I'd be happy to help to the best of my ability.

Tapu_Koko - Thanks a ton for the tip. I don't know much about coding, but I might try that out sometime, especially if the list gets very big. As of now I just have the whole list of usernames typed in a message to myself, that I go back and add to then copy/paste with each update. :'D