Hancets's Recent Posts

25 Jun 2017, 11:17 pm
in [Fursuit WIP] Watch Grace come to life! - COMPLETE (go to post)
Hello again, everyone! Time for another huge update. :D

When we left off, I was fixing the ears. I use the first ear piece I cut as a pattern/guide for the second. And to save me some hassle, I used the factory-edge corners of the foam for the tips of the ears! ;)

IMG_0540_zpsehcxcpan.jpg

It took a LOT of re-positioning and re-pinning, and quite a bit of frustration, but I finally got the ears in a good place. Check out that angle!

IMG_0568_zpsbcxj2jfb.jpg

Then I pinned the ears in place, and glued them. Which is always super nerve wracking. :'D

IMG_0572_zpsec5fylna.jpg

Also, two little bits of the suit were finished - the horn, which I followed an online tutorial for, and the hands, which were basically just some cheap gloves from Lowe's with some long black pile faux fur sewn to the cuff. But they're cute, and super comfortable!

IMG_0550_zpsqpb1kkbp.jpg

IMG_0543_zpsohoql7rp.jpg

The wings were a whole different animal - these things really threw me for a loop. Eventually I figured out by layering the fleece I cut a certain way, I could achieve the marking pattern I wanted without pulling my hair out.. Or the patterns not working because the seam allowance was too small.

Here's one wing, pinned..

IMG_0537_zpsltfwerzu.jpg

One wing sewn, the other ready to be pinned/sewn.

IMG_0556_zpsbfa6up0w.jpg

'Inside' view of a finished wing - it's going to be flipped inside out and stuffed.

IMG_0565_zpsiak44aqi.jpg

Now, the feet! I took an old pair of comfortable, reliable shoes (I was able to wear them for a 3-day-long trip that was full of walking, running, jumping - basically being on my feet a lot. They stood up to the wear and tear and left my feet pretty painless considering how much I did. But they're old and I probably need nicer looking ones for being in front of people so.. Fursuit feet it is!), some barrier boots for horses (They're basically a big rubber horse hoof.), and the heel off an old pair of shoes from the local Salvation Army (I think it was about $3? for the pair) and glued them together.

IMG_0577_zps32l6h8qk.jpg

Then I hot glued foam on top of the shoes, so I have a nice base to glue the fur to.

IMG_0587_zpse7njjtsx.jpg

Started taping the shoes, careful to keep enough room in the pattern for my foot to fit - I have rather wide feet :'D

IMG_0589_zpsre1cdjng.jpg

More taping! Also marking the seams on the tape, so I know where to cut and to sew.

IMG_0591_zpsw2zzifed.jpg

Cut the pattern from the shoes, laid it out on the fur, and cut the appropriate pieces. I had -just- enough fur to finish the feet.

IMG_0595_zps1gikybod.jpg

After sewing, here's a dry fit of the fur on the shoes.

IMG_0601_zpsoh8qlf0r.jpg

Onto the tail! Here's the final stripes sewn on.

IMG_0538_zpsjton5m5l.jpg

I then cut a round base for the tail out of fleece, because this tail is LARGE. Biggest tail I've made to date.. Definitely the heaviest too. This thing absolutely devoured all the polyfil I put in it.
After sewing the base and stuffing, I attached four elastic straps to it - two smaller, two larger, and it worked quite nicely to keep the tail secure.
I then tried to take a picture of me with the tail on but gosh it's hard without a mirror. |D Sorry it's so blurry!

IMG_0582_zpshtrql9kr.jpg

Also, when we bought the glue for the shoes, we bought this painter's cover-all suit. We're going to alter it so it fits me, then mark it, cut it, and use it as a pattern for the fur.

IMG_0552_zpstcley6e4.jpg

Now. Tonight we did the leg padding and.. Holy cRAP was it tricky. We tried following Sparky Can Do's tutorial, of gluing foam onto tights - but the problem is, the legs are for me, but I'm also the one that needed to be shaping the foam. So after cutting out initial thigh padding out of foam, I had the idea to make a partial Duct Tape Dummy around one leg, pin the foam to that, shape it, and use that for the body pattern.

So we did. And then I tried using my sad little craft scissors to shape the foam. Yeah, that wasn't happening.
So my mother had the fantastic idea to use an electric knife we've used -maybe- twice to carve turkeys.
IT WAS BRILLIANT.
I ended up just setting the foam on my work table and sculpting it with the knife. I love that thing, man. It's borderline magical, I tell you.

Here's the finished padding, for the thigh and calf, respectively:

IMG_0620_zpscz0qjrxf.jpg

And a shot of me with a test-fit of the padding. Horse leg accomplished!
Also, yes, I wear fuzzy socks and dark jeans in the middle of June... I'm cold-natured. :'D

IMG_0606_zpsejzj2afv.jpg
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
24 Jun 2017, 11:38 pm
And just so you guys know - the next update or two will have:

- Completed tail
- Completed hands
- Nearly completed wings
- Completed horn (ready to be attached)
- Nearly completed head (after I attach the second ear it'll be ready to tape and pattern)
- Nearly completed feet/hooves (shoes attached to hoof bases; gotta pattern, cut/sew, and attach fur)

Exciting stuff! I'll be making the foam base for the digitigrade/technically unguligrade padding tomorrow so we can start on the bodysuit ASAP!

Rayray408
Pyon
spiritwolf100
RedlaSunShowers029
Choccie
Casper_Ringtail
Steampunk_Llama
Hawkfeather
meggie
blackbobcat
OneSmartChicken
sugoishiba
Navydust
LordKaen
Norbiester
Vescen
avaloniancat
Poofygirl
MeatieMeats
dowryyytos
Soni
TelseCat
Kaenisei
atilla
Chroma
WarriorMaiden
Ryuuka
TechniGhost
Dragonwolfpup
Kaidaft
Florakoko
Frogluv123
24 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm
Adding everybody who asked to the list; thanks all for your kindness! I'd respond to each post individually but saying "thank you" over and over is bound to bore you all ; u ;

Kaenisei - Awh, thank you so much! I'm glad you like how my last suit turned out. C:

ScissorMouth - Absolutely, you can use these pics as photos or inspiration or whatever else you need. And if you feel like it, maybe post a WIP thread of any projects you make? I'm sure people would love to see!

Casper_Ringtail - Yes, fursuit eyes that are made of buckram/plastic mesh, at least, do have to be dark/black on the side near your face in order for you to see through them. Of course it may be possible to see through without the backs painted, but I do know that having a nice coat of black on the back GREATLY improves vision!

Florakoko - Best of luck making a suit, friend! If you have any further questions about fursuit making, send me a PM and I'd be happy to help to the best of my ability.

Tapu_Koko - Thanks a ton for the tip. I don't know much about coding, but I might try that out sometime, especially if the list gets very big. As of now I just have the whole list of usernames typed in a message to myself, that I go back and add to then copy/paste with each update. :'D
24 Jun 2017, 11:25 pm
Hey guys! Sorry I've been so quiet lately. I've been working SUPER hard on Grace in the efforts to get her done.. And have made a bunch of progress!

I drew out and cut out Grace's tail pattern. She has a total of 5 colors, but 6 stripes, so this tail is the most detailed one I've done to date.

IMG_0499_zpsj6bxppzy.jpg

Normally I'd to each half of the tail in two pieces, but for this one, I kept the pattern as long strips of individual color, so the sewing was a bit easier. Didn't have to line everything up twice as many times!

IMG_0502_zps6dchzj7y.jpg

Adjusted Grace's jaw and such, and working on brows.

IMG_0501_zpsehbws9ny.jpg

IMG_0512_zpsedqdmith.jpg

Cutting out the tail fur and placing it to get a general idea of where it all goes..

IMG_0511_zpsad5bc2yc.jpg

Jumping forward in time; we're now sewing the tail - also Roxie my dog decided to step in and say hi. Or, sit in and say hi. She likes the couch.

IMG_0528_zpsntno7ncn.jpg

I also built more of the back of the head..

IMG_0504_zpsuelsgyao.jpg

And started on her ears! (the brown fur was me playing around with a scrap, trying to see how her forelock will look)

IMG_0535_zpsbqps20b6.jpg
20 Jun 2017, 11:44 pm
Rayray408
Pyon
spiritwolf100
RedlaSunShowers029
Choccie
Casper_Ringtail
Steampunk_Llama
Hawkfeather
meggie
blackbobcat
OneSmartChicken
sugoishiba
Navydust
LordKaen
Norbiester
Vescen
avaloniancat
Poofygirl
MeatieMeats
dowryyytos
Soni
TelseCat
20 Jun 2017, 11:40 pm (Edited 20 Jun 2017, 11:41 pm)
HOOOOO BOY A BIT UPDATE FOR YA'LL.

Also I officially finished this semester of school today?? Summer is here and idk what to do anymore.

In other news Grace is coming along! There's a bit of foaming left before I tape her up, but she's honestly coming along pretty quick.

The muzzle was cut out ..

IMG_0383_zpsqj2ix4ua.jpg

And I cut vague/beginning eyeholes in the face foam.

IMG_0384_zpsgdwfy3md.jpg

Then pinned the muzzle cheek foam in place!

IMG_0386_zpsx9ifqwx7.jpg

I also kept working on the eyes, making them 3D and all that.

IMG_0395_zpsod78yhcg.jpg

Test-fit the eyes.

IMG_0403_zpsroyvg8wd.jpg

Now with 100% more squishable cheeks!

IMG_0415_zpslyfb6r0a.jpg

Building the back of the head now:

IMG_0435_zpsnh3djjgm.jpg

Top view, so you can see the plates - I start with pieces of foam on the sides and top of the head, attached to the balaclava directly, then build another layer of foam on top of that. basing the head off of these initial pieces allows for better give.

IMG_0471_zpsx38ohuub.jpg

Also cut out the eyelashes!

IMG_0442_zpswgzjv65i.jpg

And finished the eyes themselves, poking sufficient holes in the buckram with a straight pin so I could see through the fabric, and attaching the fabric to the foam eyes. They follow quite well!

IMG_0477_zpsciz0ytgq.jpg

And test-fitting them in the head:

IMG_0479_zpsmy1jruab.jpg

Cute pone!

I also got started on the wings.. But the pattern I made didn't work entirely, so I only have the backs of them (shown below) sewn.

IMG_0486_zpszwacoxxy.jpg
13 Jun 2017, 1:06 pm
in Anybody interested in a fursuit WIP? (go to post)
Xenodragon11 - Hey there! This was the second head I made, but the first horse. The first head I ever made was a dog. c:
Thanks for your tips on anatomy! Both the ears and eyes were made the way they were as an artistic choice, because I wanted it to sort of match my drawing style, which is rather cutesy and based off of G3-My Little Ponies.
But I definitely agree with you - the ears are a bit too big and the eyes a bit too far apart. That's part of why I made Charley before making any other horse suits; I wanted to test out my initial ideas and see if they worked or not!

And thank you regarding the shaving too. I'm pleased with it, considering I did it all with scissors. :'D

I'll definitely have to take you up on help with making bodies! I'm currently trying to make a body suit and.. I don't really know where to begin. ; w ;
12 Jun 2017, 11:41 pm
Thank you guys again for all your kindness! <3

If anyone's interested, Charley is up for sale on Ebay! Should be easy to find by searching 'fursuit' or 'horse fursuit.' I'd post the link but I'm unsure if it's allowed on this site. Please check him out if you like! c:
11 Jun 2017, 6:00 pm
Rayray408
Pyon
spiritwolf100
RedlaSunShowers029
Choccie
Casper_Ringtail
Steampunk_Llama
Hawkfeather
meggie
blackbobcat
OneSmartChicken
sugoishiba
Navydust
LordKaen
Norbiester
Vescen
avaloniancat
Poofygirl
MeatieMeats
dowryyytos
11 Jun 2017, 5:59 pm (Edited 11 Jun 2017, 5:59 pm)
First off - a word of caution! When painting the back of buckram fursuit eyes, be careful to keep in mind how paint can seep through to the front! I painted the back of my eyes black and turned the eyes over to discover this mess:

IMG_0379_zpsfedyi8gk.jpg

But given the backs have to be black in order for me to see through the eyes, I went on and just painted the entire backs black before letting it dry.
Once it was all dry, I went back and fixed the front.

IMG_0382_zpsi3d2yi9x.jpg

Much better!

I also did some foam work - got the initial foam 'slab' for my face, and patterned out the muzzle (though it was a bit long..)

IMG_0380_zpswwfyif9v.jpg

IMG_0378_zpsd9la0cbt.jpg
11 Jun 2017, 5:53 pm
Thank you all so much! ; w ; Added everyone who asked to the PINGlist - and about to post some updates. ^^
10 Jun 2017, 8:09 pm
Finally have some time to respond to more of you properly. :'D Thank you all again for the kind words! I can't even begin to explain how much all of your support means to me. <3

Casper_Ringtail - Thank you! And yes, Charley's muzzle is 100% boopable! I tried and tested it myself.

Vescen - Oh gosh, thanks so much! ^^ I'm pretty happy with him, considering he's only my second suit. Hopefully someone will love him even more than I, though. c:

Pandorose - Horse noses are lovely, aren't they? So velvety and soft. And warm too, it's so nice to feel the gentle puffs of air from their nostrils. <3

OneSmartChicken - Thank you too. :D Awh, that sounds so nice! I've only had a few relaxing moments like that with horses, but what little time I've had, I cherish. <3

And to clear up the bit of confusion about Charley's fuzziness - I kept him fuzzy in some places for multiple reasons. To make him look sort of cute and adolescent, to mimic the natural fuzziness horses have (like in their ears and on their chins/lower jaw, if they aren't clipped), and to hide seams a bit better.
I also kept horses like the Bashkir Curly Horse in mind while making Charley - check out how fuzzy these guys are !

4571283741.jpg

Of course, they don't stay that fuzzy -all- the time, but their winter coats did serve as a bit of inspiration for Charley's fuzzy neck. c:
10 Jun 2017, 5:18 pm (Edited 10 Jun 2017, 5:21 pm)
Rayray408
Pyon
spiritwolf100
RedlaSunShowers029
Choccie
Casper_Ringtail
Steampunk_Llama
Hawkfeather
meggie
blackbobcat
OneSmartChicken
sugoishiba
Navydust
LordKaen
Norbiester
Vescen
avaloniancat

And thank you, Norbiester! I'm glad these silly costumes are entertaining for people, at least. :'D

Edit: And gosh, thanks Vescen and avaloniancat, too! You all are so nice. ; u ;
10 Jun 2017, 5:16 pm
I'll have to respond to everyone individually soon - I'm on a roll with crafting (plus there's a hot glue gun on and I shouldn't leave it for long) - but until then, thank you all SO MUCH for your support, interest, and kindness! I really appreciate it and I'm so glad you enjoyed this thread! c:
10 Jun 2017, 5:11 pm
lunalonewolf
Rotsuoy
Steampunk_Llama
McReyes
Hawkfeather
BeakyBirds
JoySenpai
Rayray408
irl-spinachcan
WolfieSoftPaws
floof
Keldeogirl
Marmalade
stormbringer15
LordKaen
multifandomed25
Casper_Ringtail
Emeraldheart
Lenden
Beef-n-potato-stu
GetInTheBagNebby
Mykestri
RedlaSunShowers029
Hibiscius
FoxBoxUniverse
ShinobiPika
kois
kumadine
Kingly_Dakini
@Muffet
Pandorose
GRUMPfuzz
Rhondehiem
cannibal
sciencesparrow
Meesh
SplashStar
NinjaTiger7
FiniteFeline
Tonina123
yikes
sugoishiba
Hatty
avaloniancat
Spyromancy
TheDappledDragon
rosewolf457
Pyon
Tyto
Choccie
SherokuTakari
FuzzyBelly
OneSmartChicken
10 Jun 2017, 5:09 pm
First step - building out the foam! I wear glasses currently, so I need some room in this head for them to fit. .u.

IMG_0344_zpsf1xq2y5j.jpg

Got the foam sewn to the balaclava (I like to sew the base foam to the balaclava just to ensure nothing rips or comes loose), and cut a hole for my mouth. Never done this before, but it's already helping to make the balaclava - and by extension, the head - a LOT more comfortable.

IMG_0376_zpsrbcejzqi.jpg

Eyes! I'm making Grace's eyes a bit larger and a different shape than my past suits - if it ends up not working, I can just remake them and adjust the foam as I need. ^^'

(Cutting the foamies/foam to shape after creating a paper template of the eye)

IMG_0360_zps7xn4sjsw.jpg

IMG_0362_zps0qgefm5c.jpg

(Painting the buckram irises - use a circle template to help get perfect circles)

IMG_0368_zpsrhgo3cpa.jpg

IMG_0370_zpssfyd30uo.jpg

IMG_0373_zpsu8wvphwk.jpg
10 Jun 2017, 5:08 pm (Edited 27 Jun 2017, 11:47 pm)
Materials used (will update as I remember/add more ; u ;) :

- Upholstery Foam - 1/2, 1, and 3 inch
- Faux fur in various colors and lengths, according to my design
- Balaclava - to build the head onto
- Fleece - black and pink for the mouth, as well as cream to match my design
- Foamies/foam sheets - white and black
- Buckram fabric
- Acrylic paint - in various colors. The base eye color (light blue), shading color (royal blue), tint color (green), as well as white and black to adjust those colors and add contrast.
- Polyester/all purpose thread - black and cream/appropriate colors
- Shoes - for the base of the feet
- Horse barrier boots - size small. I used them to make the 'hoof' of my shoe.
- Cheap shoes - bought to use the heel for the feet.
- Gloves - to use as the base of the hands
- Velcro - for the back of the body suit and head (**I have no idea if velcro is a good or horrible idea for fursuit making - when in doubt, you should probably use a zipper)
- Elastic - to use as straps for the tail

Tools used
- X-acto knife - with SEVERAL new blades
- Craft scissors - both blunt and sharp-edge
- Paintbrushes - various sizes, mostly small
- Circle templates - for making the irises/pupils consistent
- Foam OR professional mannequin head - to build the fursuit head on (**if making a "bucket" style head, this is unecessary. If making a head on a balaclava base, then this is very necessary)
- Masking tape - about 3-5 rolls for the whole project
- Sewing machine - for the bulk of the sewing
- Sewing needle - for handsewing; I recommend a smaller needle rather than a larger one
- Straight pins - for pinning fur !
- Poly-fill - for stuffing the tail and wings, as well as the digi/unguligrade padding
- Chalk - for marking patterns. Be sure to use chalk that doesn't stain! I learned that the hard way :'D
- Measuring tape & ruler - Nice to have, helps get proportions right
- Hot glue gun - I use high temperature
- Glue sticks - At LEAST 3-4 bags of glue sticks for the entire project. Again, high temperature.
- Sharpie/other marker - for marking patterns on tape or foam
- Loctite glue - for the shoes
- Razor knife - for cutting and adjusting the barrier boots/shoes
- Electric knife - for shaping the foam padding. Not a necessity, but definitely a great tool! Makes carving the foam MUCH easier.
- Poster board - for making patterns for the tail, wings, and hair/mane
- Slicker brush - for brushing out the fur from the seams, as well as brushing the fur in general

References:

This first reference is an example of Grace's very fanciful form. The second is a simplified example, which is probably what the fursuit will end up looking like.

gracerefferalidk_zpsbryo5s7d.png

gracerefferalidkFURSUITREF_zpsdv0shpmi.p
10 Jun 2017, 5:02 pm (Edited 3 Jul 2017, 10:28 am)
Eyyy!

Since my last fursuit WIP went so well, and there's interest to see another, here's a grand old WIP thread for my next suit: Grace the Alicorn!

For those of you who may not know, Grace is my fursona. She's a pretty little alicorn (though sometimes I draw her as a regular horse instead :'D) and she's very important to me. I couldn't imagine having any other character as my fursona. That being said, I really love fursuits, and absolutely adore performing in them, so I'm setting out to make Grace into a fursuit - in time for Anthrocon this year.

It's a tall order, but I'm a determined little horse, so I think I can do it. :D

List:
Head - DONE !
Hands/Hooves - DONE !
Wings - DONE !
Body suit - DONE !
Tail - DONE !
Feet - DONE !

If you'd like to be added to the PING list, just let me know. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post here or message me!
10 Jun 2017, 4:53 pm
CHARLEY IS DONE

Got his neck sewn and now he's ready to go to a new home!! He'll be posted (probably on furbuy or dealer's den) very soon!

IMG_0350_zpsmn5iceyf.jpg

IMG_0353_zps0hp9ck9e.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsqe8hbcrt.jpg
3 Jun 2017, 4:18 pm
Also, guys, Charley's nearly done (his neck is literally the last step) and ready to be put up for sale. I'm probably -not- going to do any legs for him, though I may do hands/hooves?? Not sure.

Anyway, I'm going to be making a suit of my fursona next. She'll be quite an endeavor, but with a little help I think I can get her done in time for Anthrocon. She'll be a full suit, if I can pull it off. At the very least, she'll be a partial. I already have some WIP pictures of her.

Are any of you interested in a WIP thread of her too? I'd be happy to run another thread like this if you are!
3 Jun 2017, 4:14 pm
lunalonewolf
Rotsuoy
Steampunk_Llama
McReyes
Hawkfeather
BeakyBirds
JoySenpai
Rayray408
irl-spinachcan
WolfieSoftPaws
floof
Keldeogirl
Marmalade
stormbringer15
LordKaen
multifandomed25
Casper_Ringtail
Emeraldheart
Lenden
Beef-n-potato-stu
GetInTheBagNebby
Mykestri
RedlaSunShowers029
Hibiscius
FoxBoxUniverse
ShinobiPika
kois
kumadine
Kingly_Dakini
Muffet
Pandorose
GRUMPfuzz
Rhondehiem
cannibal
sciencesparrow
Meesh
SplashStar
NinjaTiger7
FiniteFeline
Tonina123
yikes
sugoishiba
Hatty
avaloniancat
Spyromancy
TheDappledDragon
rosewolf457
Pyon
Tyto
Choccie
SherokuTakari
FuzzyBelly
OneSmartChicken
3 Jun 2017, 4:12 pm
Pinned on his forelock, patterned and cut out the nostrils, pinned them in place!

IMG_0224_zpsxgg2ewui.jpg

Forelock is sewn on..

IMG_0294_zpsgcq7crhf.jpg

Aaand his mane.

IMG_0295_zpsqbaedk13.jpg

One nostril is sewn on.

IMG_0298_zpscmdxf5ak.jpg

And the other one ~

IMG_0300_zpsqyh8zbhh.jpg

Got his neck pinned!

IMG_0303_zpsnhzkcqao.jpg

His neck still needs to be sewn, buuuut I did get this cute picture of his nose. Cute snoot!

IMG_0305_zps8fzbdai2.jpg
21 May 2017, 3:45 pm
FiniteFeline - Awh, thank you! I'm pretty happy with Charley's eyes. :D

WolfieSoftPaws - Oh, thanks! c: They're super soft IRL, plus they have fluffy insides which are super fun to pet ~

FuzzyBelly - Charley will be done soon, so hopefully I'll be able to post the pictures soon too. Added! ^^

OneSmartChicken - Ahhhhhhh thanks! ; o ; Yeah I agree, the colors do look odd without the "context" of the hair - I'm not -completely- ecstatic with the color scheme, but it's good for what it is and maybe someone else will love it! ^^ It also looks a whole lot better when I add the hair and such too. Thanks again!
15 May 2017, 1:15 pm (Edited 15 May 2017, 1:18 pm)
lunalonewolf
Rotsuoy
Steampunk_Llama
McReyes
Hawkfeather
BeakyBirds
JoySenpai
Rayray408
irl-spinachcan
WolfieSoftPaws
floof
Keldeogirl
Marmalade
stormbringer15
LordKaen
multifandomed25
Casper_Ringtail
Emeraldheart
Lenden
Beef-n-potato-stu
GetInTheBagNebby
Mykestri
RedlaSunShowers029
Hibiscius
FoxBoxUniverse
ShinobiPika
kois
kumadine
Kingly_Dakini
Muffet
Pandorose
GRUMPfuzz
Rhondehiem
cannibal
sciencesparrow
Meesh
SplashStar
NinjaTiger7
FiniteFeline
Tonina123
yikes
sugoishiba
Hatty
avaloniancat
Spyromancy
TheDappledDragon
rosewolf457
Pyon
Tyto
Choccie

Our PINGlist is 50 users and growing. Yoinks!
15 May 2017, 1:09 pm
A little update ~~

The next step was shaving and gluing on Charley's ears. Each ear was a sleeve, consisting of the larger outside of the ear and smaller inside of the ear. I decided to shave the outsides down but leave the insides fluffy, as horses can get fluffies inside their ears if you don't clip them. Continuity!

IMG_0207_zpsbxqonzga.jpg

Both ears are attached! Look at them, so cute with their brand new ears.

IMG_0214_zpsfcb6uatx.jpg

Here's the back of the head - ready for the mane to be sewn in. I am planning on sewing the mane, rather than gluing it, to make it a bit sturdier.. Way I see it, having a seam there will allow it to have a bit of give so the human's head can fit into Charley's more easily. Glue would be sturdy too, but wouldn't allow for the necessary stretching and pulling you need to put on a fursuit head.

IMG_0213_zpse4wta1o2.jpg