ScienceGal8's Recent Posts

26 Feb 2018, 3:21 am
in ALL THINGS MUST GO: trading FV items for FR (go to post)
Wow, thanks! (What's your FR name though? I'd still like to send ya something in exchange.)
26 Feb 2018, 2:51 am
in ALL THINGS MUST GO: trading FV items for FR (go to post)
Is your Beta Bug still available? I dunno if you consider 2015 apparel old, but I have some of that. Could probably rustle up some currency too.
7 Nov 2017, 12:30 am (Edited 7 Nov 2017, 12:31 am)
in Valour Points (go to post)
...maybe as a thing in between StrayChowChow 's and Goji 's suggestion, the points could be weighted based on the warrior's level vs. the level of the area? So you always get the most points for being in the zones the same level or higher than your warrior, and fewer for being in a zone lower-leveled than you- a newbie isn't punished, and a vet deciding to just whack around the low-level mons for a while doesn't get an advantage.
29 Aug 2017, 3:16 pm
in Pin Event Page to Town Hall (go to post)
I've noticed for the past few months that it's hard to navigate from any given part of the site to the event part. Going with this event for an example, though I've noticed it in past months too- if I start in my Inventory from doing a map and want to check if I can get loot from my boat, I have to scroll way down on the News page and hunt for a link. And I have to do this every time I want to access either the boat or the plunder shop, since while some people can leave their computers running forever with the pages up, I'm not one of them (and I doubt I'm the only one).

I'd suggest that, since this is the entire site coming together to celebrate a village, that the event get temporarily added to the Town Hall menu. This would mean it's one click instead of five, with no constant searching either. It shouldn't be overbearingly hard to code either- there's already a slot for the Feast and the quest shop/bakery, which are the same across villages.

Thoughts?
24 Aug 2017, 2:34 am
in Warrior Leveling Guide! (UPDATED 10/6) (go to post)
Looking forward to when this covers getting a warrior up to 20, as I'm having a bit of trouble in that range.
22 Jul 2017, 12:33 am
in PvP Balance (go to post)
I really like Crunchypuff 's tier levels, it seems like something most pvp sites have. It's important that players feel their matches are fair, or they will stop playing. As someone who simply hasn't had all that good luck in the events (my poor warrior just gets steamrolled) it'd be nice to play against people with similar levels of luck...

...also it'd be nice if there were more tourney sorts of things where skill mattered more than luck, but I digress.
11 Jul 2017, 11:15 pm
in Item Upgrades (go to post)
I agree with what the posters above me said- it's really frustrating the amount of RNG on this site, and it's much more meaningful as a player to be able to get good results from my own strategy than praying the machine decides to be nice this time.

Maybe there's a compromise, like, up to a cap two items can be combined? Kinda like how the Minecraft anvils work- you can add the durabilities of Sword A and Sword B, but you lose Sword B in the process and also you have a chance to damage your anvil (or get your blacksmith sick, in this setting). Perhaps pieces could be swapped out too- upgrade an Iron Greatsword with good slots to a Steel one by making a Steel Greatsword and combining them? This at least wouldn't require new art either.

...if, when the sword breaks in your suggested system, it then just needs to be repaired to its last position by the Blacksmith like the old system, that would probably offset the frustration factor as well. Like, "Elaborate Sword, 86% [1] 0/100" or something? Then it's not that the sword is totally gone, just that it's not usable in its current condition.

I think this site really could use less RNG though. Maybe blacksmith skill could have a bit better identifier (i.e. less than 100 things crafted "Novice", 100-200 "Apprentice", 200-300 "Journeyman", 300-400 "Expert", 400+ "Master"?) and consistently make things within 10% of their tier? Like, a newbie blacksmith will always make things between 40 and 60% but those at the lower end might be combined to make something closer to the higher end? That way at the very least your outcome is somewhat predictable, and makes sense lorewise- of course an expert is always going to make better equipment than a newbie. This would require coding though...
4 Jun 2017, 2:22 am
in ON HOLD FOR NOW (go to post)
Silver Plate Armor, Silver Crested Heater Shield, and Wand of Chilling (can't afford the wand of combustion)
It's fine, it's been a kinda long day for me as well so I can sympathize.
4 Jun 2017, 1:00 am
Alright, if my math's right for the armor, shield, and wand, it'd be 43 elixirs, right? I can do that. Should I set up the trade or do you wanna?
3 Jun 2017, 2:06 am
I'm interested in the Silver Plate Armor, Silver Crested Heater Shield, and the wands... could you tell me what you'd expect for those individually? I expect with around forty elixirs I'll only be able to afford one of 'em at best, but it's worth checking.
15 May 2017, 1:04 am
in Giving away female serpents! (go to post)
Could I have a pack please?
6 May 2017, 6:10 pm
in Simple Novice Warrior Guide (go to post)
Olde Foxbury's also stocks the Basic Leather Armour, for the record.
6 May 2017, 4:20 pm
Oh, there's a ton of Amulets in the Recycler now, too.
6 May 2017, 4:18 pm
I got an Icy Sword and it seems to sometimes proc Chill (enemy cannot dodge for a turn) when used. Could be nice if there's agile enemies?
25 Apr 2017, 2:02 am
in Exploration Event Guide + Archive (go to post)
klavier There's a difference between the kill-all-turns and the joker cards- the joker has a _plain_ black back instead of fantastically detailed.
22 Apr 2017, 2:38 pm
in Create a Villager Species Contest! (go to post)
reUHvIp.jpg
Chimeras seem the obvious choice for a cauldron species for me, since they were the original "combine disparate things to make something new" creature. They're from Greek mythology; the original has a lion's head, a goat's head sprouting from its back,and a snake for a tail. It also breathes fire. For coherence, I combined the lion and goat heads into one in this concept sketch. I tried to copy the site style to the best of my ability, as well. The Chimera is traditionally depicted as female, however for site purposes it could easily be made male as one of the variations; the horns could also be changed between types and the snake could be switched for the dragon it's sometimes described as.
7 Mar 2017, 1:01 am
in Poorly describe your fave anime/ comic/ show/ etc. (go to post)
MystRunner Yep, got 'em all, congrats
7 Mar 2017, 1:00 am
Marama Yep! I will be very surprised if nobody gets game 2...
7 Mar 2017, 12:55 am
Somebody's was "Don't Starve" but I didn't see the username...

Mine:
TV Show: Doctor and half-alien scientist travel with their friend, a Casanova who's in charge for some reason. Also don't wear a red shirt.

Game: What do you mean, the pixel dragons and their gods are all at war?

Game: Click the button, look at the cute critter characters, wish you could do anything but hope RNG likes you.

Book: Four kids hiding in a closet should be more scared of lions.
28 Feb 2017, 1:31 am
in Gala plushies giveaway: Winners Announced (go to post)
I'd like to enter for the magic gryphon plush please.
15 Feb 2017, 2:58 am
in Free Lightbulb For Everyone - NO WAITLIST (go to post)
I would love a lightbulb. Could I be added to the waiting list?
30 Dec 2016, 11:09 pm
in [S/T] Melting Snowfoxes [W] FD/FR (go to post)
Lanayru The CR has been sent!
29 Dec 2016, 2:03 am
Lanayru I'd definitely prefer male.
29 Dec 2016, 12:31 am (Edited 29 Dec 2016, 12:31 am)
Lanayru I will take that starting bid of 500g, and we'll see if anyone outbids me, I guess... Is your FR IGN the same as your FV one?
28 Dec 2016, 2:28 am
Lanayru Definitely interested; how much in FR gems are you looking for?