TokiToki's Recent Posts

2 Mar 2018, 1:14 am
in Nudragons! [Closed Species Adoptables] (go to post)
*whispers* : ... toki nudragon :3c

I kicked Rukral out of the bungeon

1 Mar 2018, 12:23 am
in For your continued Silence (go to post)
why are u two like this
Star-Wars-plot-holes-han-solo-shrug.jpgSom´╗┐eone's gotta be.

Thank u for your continued service

1 Mar 2018, 12:11 am
in For your continued Silence (go to post)
why are u two like this

12 Feb 2018, 8:39 pm
in I'm DMM's Unofficial Mayor (go to post)
#Impeach Kiru >:O

10 Feb 2018, 6:13 pm
in Item awars (go to post)
I got both rock and soup. Truly blessed on this day.

5 Jan 2018, 1:07 pm
in Animal Handling Discussion 2.0 (go to post)
Kinda dislike and like elements of all the options. I don't really know why option 2 brings up a potential explorer change and construction worker change, since it's a thread for AH changes.

Option 1 doesn't change enough imo, but what's there is good. Option 2 feels like a separate discussion but I'm not opposed to any of it, "option 3" just has a bunch of unrelated additional potential changes all listed under one option? I'm fine with option 4, as long as you're using pre-existing materials instead of creating new stupid junk items for us to hoard.

Only one of these options deals with the abundance of animals generated through breeding, none of them mention any additional changes that would make breeding less tedious or deal with inventory management (like an additional pasture or whatever that is minipet specific inventory).

DON'T FIX DOCTORS.

21 Dec 2017, 12:51 am
in Animal Handling Changes (go to post)
Just another potential idea I'll edit in, as it's been proven to work (Black Desert Online), and I wager it'd work out fairly well here:
- Males have two charges, females have one charge.
- Newly created pets can't breed for a week.
- Pets always generate a pet of the same tier or higher when bred together.
- You can exchange "depleted" pets for another breeding chance, but the parents are lost.

This is definitely a "do the math on this" one. I don't know how BDO does it, but there are other factors that are different on a pet site than on an mmo. Plus other functionalities/features of AH that may be added, and what the community wants in a pet vs. what they're used for in BDO.
Though this isn't really a bad idea, I just don't want it to be as useless as the breeding cooldowns or the current breeding charges.

21 Dec 2017, 12:40 am
Maybe add Minipets to cooking and alchemy?
I'm not saying cook the Minipet to eat them I mean we've got food based minipets so it's around that idea but what if when the food went bad it became sentient?

Let us eat minipets 2k18

21 Dec 2017, 12:08 am
3) Pets have a "happiness" value that influences their breeding chances. Animal Handlers can feed, play with, or otherwise take care of individual pets to raise their happiness score - pets have a minimum happiness requirement for breeding, and a higher score between both parents grants a higher success rate; happiness would take multiple days to build up to maximum.

Given the current situation with animal handling right now is quantity > quality, I don't think this would be super realistic to implement (re:250 females to 1 male right now). It would have to be used in tandem with another tweak that limits the actual breeding and exponential growth of animals that seems to plague this career.

1) Mitigated RNG: When you breed a pet, you'll gain a currency based on their rarity; your odds of breeding a SR pet increase for each point you have until you eventually breed a SR pet, it then resets.

I like the idea of implementing some kind of point system. But I think it can be expanded upon to also be a pet sink.

2) Pets gain stats used for game-play elements. SR pets will be much easier to breed, but getting a SR pet with specific stats will be difficult.

I don't particularly like the idea of adding this type of RNG to the system. If getting an SR is already going to be difficult, it would only be frustrating to add another layer on top of that to get your "perfect" pet.
If we were going with stat buffs for animals, I'd opt instead for something like warrior's equipment crystals (for pets) that you can purchase through your suggested new pet currency.

5) Players lose all duplicates of pets, which are converted into a currency to buy special items in a one-off event; animal handling is then re-balanced entirely.

I don't really like the idea of completely killing off the animal trade market entirely. Especially with how the FDE animals are right now (which I still personally wish you didn't release 3-5 new ones in a single month).

6) Breeding is removed entirely, and a new pet exchange is introduced; players can exchange a number of pets, which combine for a score, rolls a random variable, then yields a new pet. Pets will largely be created through gathering only.

This idea doesn't really make sense to me? Gathering is already random, so this system is basically taking a bunch of random rolls for the purpose of obtaining another random roll. This system would make more sense if you kept breeding.

I don't mind adding new features like the gathering/pet exploration. My biggest concerns with AH right now are the tedium(mainly due to poor inventory management and breeding mechanic implementation), and the exponential growth of common pets with absolutely no pet sink. I don't mind the RNG aspect of breeding so much, but when combined with the previous two issues it becomes a greater problem. It's also an issue during time-based events like this TEP event. Especially last year where even using all your charges every single day could leave you with nothing.

15 Dec 2017, 2:08 pm (Edited 15 Dec 2017, 2:09 pm)
in Let's Talk About The Fairy Drop Rate (go to post)
Aelys said:
koafox said:
The trophies are awarded at fixed amounts and not based on the amount other players find. The "Hall of Fame" aspect is just for fun for the more competitive players.

TokiToki

This is what Koafox said on another thread. So the entire purpose is for those who are competitve to try to 'come out on top' but not necessarily force people into competeing.

I feel like a lot of competitive people compete when there's something to actually be gained. Tacking on a pointless leaderboard to every event just seems lazy. Besides not every event needs to have a competitive aspect forced in. OFB event is great for people who like to compete.

15 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm (Edited 15 Dec 2017, 1:59 pm)
in Let's Talk About The Fairy Drop Rate (go to post)
I just don't really get why there's a leaderboard for this.
I get that even though it's entirely luck-based, there's a certain degree of control in how many times you actually explore.

But it's just... exploring. You could be on it without even realizing it or intending to. Also the leaderboard doesn't really have any bearing on the actual event, and there are no rewards for being on top so I just really don't understand why it's here.

11 Dec 2017, 6:13 pm
in Squeeb Factory [on a little break] (go to post)
Dammit, divine squeeb is gone :<

7 Dec 2017, 1:55 pm
in 1st anniversary giveaway (WINNERS ANNOUNCED) (go to post)
Not entering, just saying hi o/
Have a fun giveaway ^3^

3 Dec 2017, 2:55 am
in so, what'd you vote for? (go to post)
I didn't see any wickerbeast options so I just clicked at random

7 Nov 2017, 12:29 am (Edited 7 Nov 2017, 12:34 am)
in Quest Revamp Ideas and Feedback (go to post)
I like the new quests in the OP, except for the animal husbandry one. Please just.... completely revamp animal husbandry before including it in anything else. It's just in such a rough state and it could really do with an overhaul, and adding it in quests in any sense of the word rn would just create more work when that revamp eventually (hopefully) comes.

Also, i'm not sure what "village specific" warrior quests would entail? If you're in QP and you got a DMM warrior quest you'd have to pay 25k and switch villages to complete it? (Then wait 2 weeks if you got another one in a different village?)

6 Nov 2017, 8:56 pm
in Nudragons! [Closed Species Adoptables] (go to post)
are you still making premades?
If so, can you add me to the pinglist?

5 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm
in Potential Furvilla Project Poll (go to post)
Admin-Wisteria
Oh yea, I didn't notice until after I made the post that there was a dedicated thread haha, my bad.

4 Nov 2017, 3:05 pm (Edited 4 Nov 2017, 3:05 pm)
in Feeding Option in Quickstock? (go to post)
also let us categorize quickstock like we can in inventory/storage, thanks.

4 Nov 2017, 1:41 am
in Custom Content & Susbcriptions Discussion (go to post)

o-o

3 Nov 2017, 10:29 pm (Edited 3 Nov 2017, 10:30 pm)
I don't know about fv subscriptions... I don't know how much involvement will come from the staff or if just the site owner would make the perks, or if it would just be a single staff member? Cuz it seems like sometimes a bunch of staff have a hand in creating a new event/feature, and sometimes they're not. So if, for example, designing subscription benefits were left solely in the hands of whoever designed this DMM event, it would just.... be bad. Could potentially be bad for f2p players and also discourage new players.

3 Nov 2017, 12:39 am

Furvilla only has a single coder, so at the moment there's a development queue with lots of bugs to be fixed and mechanics to be implemented; at this stage, a second coder is out of the question, so having a secondary project wouldn't hinder the development speed of Furvilla itself and would help contribute to its growth.

I don't really understand what you mean by this o3o
If there's only one coder that has a ton of things to do, and for whatever reason you really can't get a second coder, how is adding a huge secondary project not going to hinder the dev speed of FV?

In general, this sister site idea sounds really messy. It would require a lot of coordination between the two sites, and if you were going to coordinate that much anyway on an entirely brand new idea, what is the benefit of having it on a completely separate site rather than just including it as a brand new branch of gameplay to the furvilla site itself?

It's entirely possible to include a lot of differing gameplay mechanics into a browser-based pet/avatar site. So I really think there should be more consideration whether or not the sister-site idea is beneficial for furvilla if helping furvilla is truly the main goal along with other logistics of this idea, before planning the actual development of the project. Knowing the details and nature of the relationship between furvilla and the sister site will help make it easier to decide what kind of game will boost both sites the best.

The way it's presented right now sounds more like.... just a brand new site with furvilla's userbase.

30 Oct 2017, 11:38 pm (Edited 30 Oct 2017, 11:41 pm)
in Wickerkin Adoption Agency - HIATUS - NEW EVENT TBA (go to post)
Could I get Bubble pop and ice cream sandwich?

30 Oct 2017, 10:18 pm
in Squeeb Factory [on a little break] (go to post)
ayyy o/
U still makin premades?
Can you add me to ur pinglist?

30 Oct 2017, 10:14 pm
in Wickerkin Adoption Agency - HIATUS - NEW EVENT TBA (go to post)
Awh, Alwickas look so cute ^^

29 Oct 2017, 3:16 am
in How big is your pumpkin (go to post)
oh yea haha, all my pots have been breaking like crazy. I'd be making/repairing them, but I decided to go all in on alchemists.