MalGV's Recent Posts

1 Jun 2018, 2:35 pm (Edited 1 Jun 2018, 2:50 pm)
in Post Artwork of your OC! (go to post)
Very nice characters and work, everyone!

This is my long-time OC, Gwenevere. She is a Chimera: half-Spectral Bat, half-Bearded Vulture, and half Asian Giant Hornet. She is a combination of my favorite animals: Bats, large Bugs, and large Birds of Prey. Her strange slit-pupil eyes are inspired by the Neimoidian aliens from Star Wars (I love those guys).

Gwen is also modeled heavily after the esthetics of Cyberpunk and the 1980s. Ever since I was a kid I've always had a bat as my OC, but I eventually settled on her design around 2014.

EeJCMLK.png

t7NGbD7.jpg
30 May 2018, 5:03 pm
in ★ MalGV's Art Shop ★ [OPEN] (go to post)
AlluraPastella

Hey Allura, I got your commission finished!

zqsYwEP.png

I hope I got the colors right, I hope you like it, and I really hope things are going to be better for you! Thank you for commissioning me!
30 May 2018, 3:56 pm
in Trading Magic Plushies for SR Enfield (go to post)
Bump
29 May 2018, 5:55 pm
Bump!
29 May 2018, 4:50 pm
Uendo

Great! I would be happy to do that for you; your character is very pretty. Thank you for the references.

It will be $10 or 1,000FD, whichever one you have. Just send the payment when you can and I will get right on it! (Also, adding you to a slot.)
28 May 2018, 3:19 pm (Edited 30 May 2018, 2:49 pm)
Title says it all!

I have some Magic Event Plushies, but I much prefer MiniPets, so I would like to Trade with someone my one or all my Magic Plushies for a Royal Marble Enfield. The only Plush I'm not willing to Trade is my Magic Basilisk. Everything else is good.

First come first served!
27 May 2018, 11:39 pm (Edited 27 May 2018, 11:39 pm)
in Thank you Milkmaid (go to post)
Jifi-Dawg

Oh, I see! I had it all wrong, thanks for the information! I'm still going to try for another Magic one, just so I can still display one Magic Pushy. ;D

Alewolf

Yeah, that's cool. I actually did get the Purple Leodon, but it's the non-Magic one (I also love purple!). And I haven't hit the Black Gryphon at all either, I've just been getting the Milkmaid over and over again. Kinda strange RNG.
27 May 2018, 10:38 pm
in Thank you Milkmaid (go to post)
That's great!

I'm personally not into collecting Plushies, so I wasn't after that Magic Plush, I was after another: the Magic Basilisk Chicken Plush, which I managed to snag earlier today!

HKzhrBL.png

(I'm hoping to get another so I can actually use it on one of my villagers.)
26 May 2018, 7:14 pm
in Seeking barn swallow designs (go to post)
Hey there!

Here is my Art Commissions thread where you can see examples of my work: http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/92882-malgvs-art-commissions-open. I do take FD and/or trades for MiniPets, and my prices are negotiable. You can also visit my website and see some of my character designs: www.MatronicArt.com

Let me know if you are interested, and if you're not that's ok!
24 May 2018, 3:54 pm
in looking to commission memes (go to post)
Joey-wyvern

YAY! So happy you like it, and thank you so much for the tip! I really appreciate it, and I'll send the email now. :D
24 May 2018, 10:01 am
Joey-wyvern

Just in time for your birthday! Hope you like it!

tFJZxdc.png

Happy Birthday! (If you got an email, I can send you the big PNG version.)
21 May 2018, 11:49 pm
Joey-wyvern

Great! I can do that! Just send the FD my way and I'll get started right away.
21 May 2018, 3:29 pm (Edited 21 May 2018, 3:39 pm)
in Wisdom Teeth (go to post)
Hey there, WarriorMaiden!

I'm sorry to hear about these potential complications regarding your upcoming surgery; have you brought up these worries to your doctor/surgeons? The best relief I can give you is to tell you my own story!

I think I was about 23-24-ish when I was told I had to have my wisdom teeth removed; I wasn't all that surprised by this though, since my family (Dad's side) has a history of tooth issues, and by that point I had already had to use a metal spacer attached to my upper jaw to slowly stretch my jaw to allow my adult teeth to fit (this was during high school) along with normal braces. So I have never had to undergo surgery before (very healthy person), so I was understandably nervous going in (worried about "waking up" during it, not knowing if the anesthesia would work since it was my first surgery, ect.). So I went through the surgery (all 4 gone) and only remember being rolled out of the hospital, and another short moment of being driven home. Because the wisdom teeth are usually big, there will be big holes in your jaw that will be covered with cotton squares. I spent the first several weeks confined to my parent's huge master bed while they slept in extra rooms in the house; I was kept fed with liquid food through a straw, I don't remember what kind I had though; every so often I would rise to drink water, change my cotton squares, and wash my mouth out with this kind of "salt water" (again, I don't remember what it was) to keep my wounds clean. I was also kept on opioids for the pain, which really helped.

Now there was one complication though: the left hole in my lower jaw didn't heal right, the skin fused over the gap allowing for an infection to form. So I went into surgery again, to reopen the gap; the doctor later joked that when he opened the wound back up, it was like "a volcano of pus"! But he cleaned it out, and then placed a rubber ribbon in the hole to ensure the hole will heal from the bottom up. It worked and I healed up very nicely, but I will never forget the shocking sensation of when the doctor removed the ribbon by stringing it right out of the small gap. Such a strange nervy feel!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but overall both my surgeries went very well and my mouth feels/works great! The only downside to this was having to wean off the Opioids. That stuff makes you feel very weird and lackluster during withdrawls. It only lasted one day, but it was a very strange day.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed my recount and I hope it at least brought you a little laugh at the least! Much luck to you on your surgery tomorrow and I will try to remember to pray for your smooth recovery.
21 May 2018, 2:47 pm
Joey-wyvern

Cool! So since I'm doing Snack, I can do this one of two ways and the price will reflect this:

I can do a Head Shot of Joey (similar to the one I did of Galra's dragon character) with the bones in his mouth. The flat colors I can do for $10, or 1,000FD, or 500,000FC. If you want it shaded/highlights, it will be $25, or 2,500FD, or 1,000,000FC.

If you want a Full Body/Full Scene type thing with flat colors, I can do it for $40, or 4,000FD or about 2,000,000FC. If you want it with all the shading/highlights it will be $45, or 4,500FD, or about 2,000,500FC.

For payment, I mostly prefer real cash (USD to my PayPal), but if you can't do that then I prefer FD, and if not that then FC.

And lastly, I will try to have it done by your birthday; I make no promises, but I can work pretty quick depending on what you want.
20 May 2018, 7:29 pm
Joey-wyvern

Hey there! Did you want me to do your commission?
15 May 2018, 8:29 pm
in Does Anybody have any "strange" triggers? (go to post)
I'm really not someone to have "triggers" or who suffers from any kind of anxiety; I'm a very chill person and I've had family and friends describe me as the one who keeps cool in a bad situation. However, I think I can come up with two interesting but very strange triggers.

My first trigger: Onions. I have always been revolted by the sight, smell, taste and touch of onions. I'm sure even as a baby I would spit out and refuse them. I can't explain my hatred of these things, but it is usually cooked onions that make me loose my appetite quickly. I have, however, eaten a tiny raw onion bell (I think it was a shallot), and onion powder is perfectly fine.

My second trigger: Age Progression Photos. These are when a photo of someone is modified or photoshopped to make the person look older. (I do feel slightly bad about this, since age progression art is needed to help identify and rescue missing/kidnapped kids and other people.) Usually these look really good and accurate, but sometimes I run across others that look ..."off", and I know why. It's the Uncanny Valley effect. I know instinctively that these people look "off" in a way that I can't quite pinpoint, and when looking at them at night it can really freak me out.
14 May 2018, 4:31 pm
Ok, thanks! Let me know if you're interested in me doing a commission for you.
13 May 2018, 12:58 pm
Hello fellow bat lover!

I might be able to fulfill at least one of your prompts; I really like your character Joey and I can do the Snack prompt. Normally I only accept USD or FD, but in your case I'm willing to accept FC as well. I'm a little unsure of what you have available as far as FD payment; you wrote you have "in my trading for fd thread are being offered up as well". Do you have a link to this thread?

To see examples of my work, here is my Art Shop thread, http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/92882-malgvs-art-commissions-open , and here is my website, http://www.MatronicArt.com . The prices on my art shop thread are negotiable! If you're not interested, that's ok! Happy early birthday!
10 May 2018, 8:46 pm
Finished commissions!

uBqSjSl.png
zP0xQLv.png

Art commissions are still open for a limited time longer!
6 May 2018, 9:50 pm
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
I'm frustrated by how long it's taking the companies I've applied to for a job to get back to me. I've applied to 13 jobs so far and only one has responded in the past two weeks (rejection). I understand the job process is long, so I'm hoping it's just that and not just me being left out of the loop. I really need a steady job.
4 May 2018, 8:46 pm
in My first comic book is now for sale! (go to post)
RazzleBerryDazzle

Thank you very much, Razzle, I really appreciate the support! Yeah, it was a bit of work and time but I'm real happy I can finally release the first Issue. Cool, I like the spooky stuff myself, so I had fun integrating some of those elements in the story. :)
4 May 2018, 8:15 pm
Snekk

Thank you very much, Snekk! I really appreciate the kind words; I'm going to work hard until it is! <3
3 May 2018, 5:33 pm
Galra

Thank you very much! I'm excited to finally get this series started!
2 May 2018, 6:55 pm
(I hope this is the right section for this, wasn't sure if I should put this under "Art Sales" since this is a comic book, but just in case I'll put it here instead.)
dVthxoh.png

Hey all! I'm just a small town artist just putting this up to let as many people know as I can that my first comic book, Yardville, Issue #1, is now for sale here: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/MatronicArt ! It is available as a print and an ebook. This is the first in what I hope is a series.

Please support me if you can and thank you for visiting!
1 May 2018, 11:33 am
in lf dragon artist (paused) (go to post)
Galra

Yay, so happy you like them! Thanks for providing the email, I'll get those images to you soon. And it's ok, I actually have two email addresses: one is an "icloud.com" email that I use for business, and the other is a "bellsouth.net" one that I've had since the internet was invented! XD You are very welcome!

And unfortunately no, I actually had not heard of Toyhouse until I joined this site. However, I am on a similar site, Refsheet.net (https://refsheet.net/MalGV) where I'm working on storing my OCs. You can also find more of my art work at my website and my FurAffinity account (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/cybergwen).