MMO RP (Closed - in progress)

5 Nov 2018, 7:06 pm (Edited 12 Jan 2019, 5:04 pm)
As the title suggests, this is a roleplay that is inspired by MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft.

Summary: A villain has taken over the land of Furadia and terrorizes its people with enemies. Warriors must stand up and fight so they can defeat the evil forces and return things to normal.

The system will be similar to the game Miitopia Casting Call, where a group of characters with set roles go on an adventure to battle monsters and defeat an evil villain. Everyone stays at hotels in order to heal up and collect their spoils.

Rules:

-I'll start the roleplay as the "leader" of the group.
-There's no time limit- anyone can join at random. You can make up to two characters, but they must have different roles.
-Use the reference template I made. Give your character's name, appearance, role, and personality. You can post a picture if you have one, or just describe what they look like.
-If you need to post something off-topic, then write it like this: (OOC: _)
-The enemies will be different species (like the slimes from MapleStory). If you have an idea for an enemy, then give a description and it will be included in the story.
-If people want an event (like a battle) to end a certain way, bring it up and we'll vote on it.

Events:

-Battles are the most common. You level up when you defeat enemies, and the amount of XP you gain will be stated. The winnings will be random- you won't be successful every time, and may lose.
-Characters stay at inns overnight to rest up, buy items, and eat the food they've collected. However, this will only happen if they can find a place to stay.
-At times we'll need new characters and different teams, to mix things up a bit. It would be good if a lot of people joined, increasing the group's overall numbers.

Roles:

Mage - Uses a staff to cast magic spells, and wears a robe.
Warrior - Uses a sword and armor to fight with brute force. The easiest role to take up.
Healer - Has healing abilities. Uses white magic to assist their teammates.
Pop star - Fights with song and dance.
Thief - Relies on skill and speed to fight. Finds things like treasure chests and has the option of surprising the enemy.
Villain - The source of all the evil. Has taken over the land and populated it with enemies. We'll decide on the name and appearance of this character.

Sub roles

Druid - Mage with healing powers (white mage)
Marksman - Good with a bow and arrow. Forests are their element.
Tank - Like the warrior, but with more advanced weaponry. They mark targets and can take more damage.

5 Nov 2018, 7:07 pm (Edited 1 Jan 2019, 4:49 pm)
Template:

Name:
Species:
Role:
Personality:
Special abilities:

List of roleplayers:

requiesticat (Leader - Srs - Winged deity mage)
Relic (Pumpkin - Lop rabbit druid)
Minty_Breeze (Thisthi - Tufted deer marksman)
lunarlicorice (Catalan - Dragon demigod villain | Jake - Human/robot tank)
Sugarxsalt (Nina - Rabbit/bundrop thief)
WinteryW0lf (Matthew - Mutt healer)
MissPinkDragon (Sam - Husky pop star)
Luciel (Mikaela - Peregrine falcon thief/marksman)
SoLongBird (Chelsea Mearlin - Dragon/wolf mix warrior)
Pupdragon (Cecil - Asian bear tank)
Princezz_Fluffy (Princess Fluffy - Cat/dog hybrid pop star | Mossfur - Cat white mage)
CittyCake123 (Celestia - Fox priest | Slave - Raven villain/warrior)
endless-autumn (Monika Forrest - Gray fox warrior/marksman)
5 Nov 2018, 7:09 pm (Edited 10 Nov 2018, 6:29 pm)
Name: Srs
Species: Winged deity (changed from fox)
Role: Mage
Personality: Aloof and introverted. He prefers to be alone.
Special abilities: Healing spells, targeting magic, scout area (flying only)

tumblr_phzgowZXQP1tlxfv5o4_1280.png
5 Nov 2018, 7:29 pm (Edited 8 Nov 2018, 9:04 pm)
This sounds fun! <3

Name: Pumpkin
Species: Holland Lop
Role: Druid
Personality: Often nervous, generally bubbly and always making jokes once she's comfortable. Terrible temper.
Special abilities:

- Friend of Nature
- Can persuade plants and animals to bend to her will.

- Gaea's Blessing
- Heals minor wounds with the touch of a hand. More serious injuries and illnesses can be managed with a lot of energy, but not outright fixed.

Appearance: 5'6" lop rabbit, slightly chunky build. Wears a thick turtleneck with an irridescent robe draped around her waist, as well as a covering over calves/feet.

6968618_AcOC3VXi9SpYa3x.png
10414099_7mPjJvt9BjUcM6Z.png
Taylor ♡ 20 ♡ pre-vet student ♡dcete14-fca29212-68f7-47bb-8379-6c7ff68410925213_Pv2MN375XnSHnl8.gif
5 Nov 2018, 7:47 pm (Edited 5 Nov 2018, 7:48 pm)
Name: Thisthi
Species : Tufted deer
Role: Warrior (Preferably a marksman..?)
Personality: Confused a lot, too determined, cane be really doubtful, bubbly and extroverted, will often intrude personal boundaries (Mental, she's not touchy-touchy) if curious.
Special abilities:

*Hawk-like eyesight
*Powerful immune system; will seldom get sickly.
Ping me if you want my attention!

Join my contest!
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/101196-character-design-contes
Buy some adopts?
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/100770-mintys-weekend-trivia-trvia-adopts
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/100567-olbians-premades-customs-now-accepting-fr
5 Nov 2018, 8:19 pm
Relic : Accepted. Cute character! I was thinking of including druids as a role, but wasn't sure if it was that well known. You can be one if you want, though.
Minty_Breeze : Accepted. I could add marksman as a role. Do you have a picture (or a description) of the character?
5 Nov 2018, 8:26 pm (Edited 5 Nov 2018, 8:27 pm)
I'm drawing a ref for her, but for now here's a description

Short and pudgy at 5'2''. Oddly fluffy. Fangs are average, but horns come to an odd, curved point resembling a goat. Fur is a pale blonde with white and Desaturated greenish accents. Eyes are a desaturated purple. Wears a vest and shorts most of the time, colors vary.
Ping me if you want my attention!

Join my contest!
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/101196-character-design-contes
Buy some adopts?
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/100770-mintys-weekend-trivia-trvia-adopts
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/100567-olbians-premades-customs-now-accepting-fr
5 Nov 2018, 8:28 pm (Edited 5 Nov 2018, 8:31 pm)
I'm drawing a ref for her, but for now here's a description

Short and pudgy at 5'2''. Oddly fluffy. Fangs are average, but horns come to an odd, curved point resembling a goat. Fur is a pale blonde with white and Desaturated greenish accents. Eyes are a desaturated purple.

Ok. Thank you- I have a better idea of what she looks like.

I still have to draw a ref myself.

-

Added people to the roleplayers list and included sub roles based on suggestions. Sorry for pinging people so much.
5 Nov 2018, 8:41 pm
Ah cool! No problem at all. :3 Do you think we should have a separate thread for the actual role playing? I feel like it would be more organized if everybody’s character sheets and discussion were separate!
Taylor ♡ 20 ♡ pre-vet student ♡dcete14-fca29212-68f7-47bb-8379-6c7ff68410925213_Pv2MN375XnSHnl8.gif
5 Nov 2018, 8:53 pm (Edited 5 Nov 2018, 8:59 pm)
Relic said:
Ah cool! No problem at all. :3 Do you think we should have a separate thread for the actual role playing? I feel like it would be more organized if everybody’s character sheets and discussion were separate!

I was going to start the RP here, but if people would prefer for it to be in a separate thread, sure.

Depends on how many character submissions there are.
7 Nov 2018, 3:31 pm
Bump

Harvestmoon66 has decided not to participate. Right now I'm still accepting characters- we could use a villain, pop star, thief, warrior, and tank.

I've decided to let this thread be for character references. When we've got enough players, I'll make another thread for the RP and link people to it.
7 Nov 2018, 3:42 pm
requiesticat when I get to the house ill fill up the form thief if its still open~
1526683242875.png
7 Nov 2018, 3:52 pm (Edited 7 Nov 2018, 3:55 pm)
requiesticat

oo i'd like to join! i could have the villain!

Name: ¿
Species: Dragon Demigod
Role: Villain
Personality: very passionate and sadistic, usually leaves everyone alone if they're not getting in his way (which they usually are since he's evil)
Special abilities: Ghoul (can transform into a small blob of shadow that cannot be harmed by mortals, but he can't harm them either), Elemental (can morph the black inky substance on his claws to be anything of an element; water, fire, a poisonous gas, etc.), and Manipulate (can attempt to manipulate a hero into doing his bidding. usually doesn't work though)

8k6X37EBxOuQjecaC7WnPtCYL3JqooS-nThVTrg1]
this is the best image i have of him right now, sorry! (he's the one on the bottom, the dark red one is another person's character)
nYno2vL.pngKgP7DPv.png
+1 Hour FurVilla Time (ping me!)
☽ Luna ❀ He/She/They ❀ 14 ❀ Capricorn ☾
Y0Jv0Xo.pngwE0BEsm.pngR7A3Uzz.png5qj95fE.png
8 Nov 2018, 1:22 am (Edited 8 Nov 2018, 1:36 am)
Sugarxsalt Sure thing. Is Nina the character you'll be using?

A thief with toxic abilities sounds like an interesting mix.

lunarlicorice Nice! Cool oc design- I've actually never seen a demon or a god that's a dragon before. Being manipulative, evil, and sadistic are traits I'd definitely want a villain worth their salt to be like. I'd love for ¿ to fill that role- does he have other names?

How about Catalan? The upside down question mark relates to that language. Also, it could be a reference to biblical imagery- the upside down cross.

I've added you both to the roleplayers list. The RP will start soon even if we don't get enough characters to fulfill every role.
8 Nov 2018, 1:35 am (Edited 8 Nov 2018, 2:08 am)
For those who still want to join, we need a popstar and tank. Of course- those are optional, and if people want more subroles instead (like marksman), list them here. I'd be happy to make adjustments.

When it's time to start, I'll make another thread and ping people in the OP.
8 Nov 2018, 3:10 pm
requiesticat

catalan sounds like a really cool name! :0

and- i forgot to mention part of his design is that while his goals are mainly mass genocide and evil in general, he's 4'3"..
nYno2vL.pngKgP7DPv.png
+1 Hour FurVilla Time (ping me!)
☽ Luna ❀ He/She/They ❀ 14 ❀ Capricorn ☾
Y0Jv0Xo.pngwE0BEsm.pngR7A3Uzz.png5qj95fE.png
8 Nov 2018, 8:54 pm
lunarlicorice

Glad you like it

So he has a napoleon complex? That's kind of funny.
9 Nov 2018, 4:59 pm
Name: Nina
Species: rabbit (bundrop)
Role: Thief
Personality: very bubbly and kind no matter the mood and he's a little dense when it comes to things along the lines of crimes and terrifying events thanks to not understanding fear and or how easily people die.
Special abilities:
He steals things on accident and gives off a distant toxic smell when angered
He can bust any lock,somehow always find a dead body and trap things in a burning acid for very long periods of time and he has the habit of making things around him hallucinate when caught in a bad spot.
1541027235311.png
1526683242875.png
9 Nov 2018, 5:13 pm (Edited 9 Nov 2018, 5:16 pm)
Name: Matthew
Species: Mutt/Great Dane/Canine
Role: Healer
Personality: Matthew may seem intimidating but he really isn't. I promise, he can't fight. He chose to be a healer because he doesn't enjoy fighting, only staying back and helping. He knows a few mage tricks but was denied the role of "mage" due to his inability to fight. Whenever face-to-face with a threat, he either goes into a panic attack or just starts crying. He's not a person you can really depend on, but he's a great friend! He acts 'hard' to impress others. He genuinely likes heavy metal music after being brought up with it and has always had an interest in reptiles. He is actually quite a "scaredy-cat" when it comes to horror and thriller movies and situations, but he tries to hide it. He doesn't get sarcasm well. He has always been afraid of water, as a puppy he almost drowned in the sea. (Anthro) He is studying to be a herpetologist and owns a multitude of snakes, lizards, even insects and amphibians.
Special abilities: Crying, forgetting, skateboarding, can somehow whisper to snakes and other reptiles, can heal said person to by 50%
His ref could be considered NSFW due to realistic but minor details below the waist, view at your own risk
Considered NSFW
Atticus☢He/Him☢Taken

5243A9B84FD3DBEAAB5A3BFFB539D754BEFF8946
10 Nov 2018, 9:42 am (Edited 10 Nov 2018, 9:51 am)
Sugarxsalt WinteryW0lf

Accepted. I'll update the roleplayer's list.

-

On another note, I apologize for not being on yesterday. I finished my persona/fursona's reference will use the drawings from it to make painties.

https://www.deviantart.com/requiesticat/art/Srs-sona-double-reference-771990743

tumblr_phzgowZXQP1tlxfv5o3_1280.png

tumblr_phzgowZXQP1tlxfv5o4_1280.png

He has a new special ability, which is mainly open to explorers and characters with wings: scouting the area.
10 Nov 2018, 9:46 am
Do you guys want to start the RP? New players can join later with the remaining roles.

I'd rather not make people wait too long, so
10 Nov 2018, 10:22 am
Do you guys want to start the RP? New players can join later with the remaining roles.

Sure! :D
Atticus☢He/Him☢Taken

10 Nov 2018, 10:24 am

Sure! :D

Ok. The next post will mark the beginning. Since we have only one page of character references, I don't need to make a new thread.
10 Nov 2018, 10:37 am (Edited 15 Dec 2018, 8:48 am)
(Relic
Minty_Breeze
lunarlicorice
Sugarxsalt
WinteryW0lf

Starting now.)

The town of Furadia used to be a happy place, with bustling markets and a trading infrastructure. Now, though, the squares are mostly deserted, save for strange creatures that scare the villagers and vandalize the buildings.

Every acre is now practically inhabited by these enemies. An evil demigod named Catalan has taken over Furada and populated it with his lackeys, intending to terrorize the inhabitants. He rules it with an iron fist and no good intentions.

It's up to the townsfolk to stop Catalan. They must step up and take on roles so that they can fight against his forces. This night, one such newcomer stops at a hotel called Homely Inn. His name is Srs. The staff don't know what to make of him; he is an odd-looking sort, with horns, wings, and clawed hands. It is easy to mistake him for a demon. But more than that, the winged deity is aloof and cold. Quietly, he asks for lodging, placing a bag of gold coins on the counter and disappearing onto the third floor as soon as he is handed a key.

-

Srs planned to stay for a week, and read in his room to pass the time. The books were enough to keep him company, but only one held his interest. It told a tale of a knight who goes on a journey to usurp an evil king. He was not much of a fighter, but reading the story made him wish he could go on that adventure himself.

The deity decided to go to the cafeteria and make an announcement over breakfast the next morning. He would have liked to make acquaintances, on some level, and this would be way to do it.

But more than that, he needed fighters. People who could save Furadia.
10 Nov 2018, 10:53 am
(requiesticat )
Matthew awoke a little after the break of dawn, the mutt blinking sleepily. His green eyes glided around the room, dreading the fact that he had to wake up. He rolled over and sat up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. He let out a long sigh and stood up, a tiny bit wobbly. He shifted his weight between his paws (he's feral) and slipped his head into the loop of a small bag. It slid down his neck and became secured around his shoulders. He squeezed his front paws through the loop, sending the bag around his waist. The pockets faced outwards, allowing him to grab the internal contents.
The mutt made his way out of his room in the Inn, heading towards the dining area. He was fairly cheery now that he was fully awake. His tail was slightly tucked between his legs but he trotted down a flight of stairs towards the large dining area.
Atticus☢He/Him☢Taken