Transparent bases?

22 Nov 2018, 8:48 am
Hello there! I was wondering if there were any existing transparent bases (ex: it has the lineart, shading and lighting, but NO color, just transparent), especially of the Witch Cat, Guinea Pig and Angelic Husky (but any are fine)? I would like to try making some painties, but due to the art program I use (it's an app on my tablet — and I am very comfortable with), I cannot seperate layers from eachother, meaning the lines, shading and color layers are all the same I'd have to trace over the base lineart, which can be very tedious. I know there's transparent chibi bases which I have been using, but I'm looking for the normal bases.

If there is, thank you in advance!

Bonus chibi example for fun (pardon the watermark):
so6ath.jpg

22 Nov 2018, 8:59 am (Edited 22 Nov 2018, 9:05 am)
CrystalWolf89
Here's the link to the google drive with the bases:
http://bases.furvilla.com,
hopefully that is what you're looking for!

The Witch Cat base is inside the Limited Dragonsmaw Bases folder (double click to open folders!)
The guinea pig is inside Rodent bases, and the Angelic husky is inside the Angelic Costume folder labelled as Angelic Wolf :)
22 Nov 2018, 9:00 am (Edited 22 Nov 2018, 9:03 am)
I use GIMP to make my backgrounds transparent but that's a free computer art program
pet_21056787_shop_1.png <- please click
dwTP4Bj.png?Cl2sL=platform.png?z875f=platform.png
22 Nov 2018, 9:06 am (Edited 22 Nov 2018, 9:06 am)
snafflewyrm i'm looking for bases, but those are all grayscale, and i need transparent ones...
Thank you, though!

Alewolf alas i have no access to a computer ;;
22 Nov 2018, 9:12 am
CrystalWolf89 I use an app too (AutoDesk Sketchbook) so I know the feeling with painties. This is the closest thing I could find when I tried looking. The bases are PSD like the chibi bases with the separate layers. Unfortunately they don't work on Autodesk for some reason.
They're screwdrivers! What are you gonna do, assemble a cabinet at them?

7yheJ9f.png
Join Furvilla's Secret Santa Art Swap!

Buy me a Coffee?
22 Nov 2018, 9:23 am (Edited 22 Nov 2018, 9:25 am)
CrystalWolf89
Edit: sorry, the new link I posted wasn't with transparent images, they were flat black and white pics. My apologies!
22 Nov 2018, 9:36 am
What you’re asking for is a bit contradictory, you’re asking for a transparent paintie but with shading, there are some bases with just lineart. Otherwise, all the paintie bases are greyscale.
If you’re asking for what I’m thinking you’re thinking about, there are programs like photoshop that can do that, but it would be meaningless since your art program doesn’t separate layers, you would be coloring on top of the shading anyway.

Programs like Medibang would be able to do what you want to do, and it has most of the functions of photoshop, meaning layers and other effects. Even if you don’t get it so you can draw on it, you could figure out how to use it and use it to make whatever transparent bases you need (it has a function to extract lineart or grayscale images and make them transparent, then save them as a png and load it into your program)
Leo | Hella Ace|Toyhou.se|1000% Weeb Garbo
23 Nov 2018, 8:08 pm (Edited 23 Nov 2018, 9:11 pm)
Is this what you mean?

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/47th03a8sa8m2zq/cat%20witch%20base.png?dl=0

I don't think there are any places to actually download like that,

I used Clip Studio Paint to do a few things to try to make it work

>Duplicate Layer
>Reverse Gradient (invert colors, essentially) on the duplicated layer, the one on top
>'Brightness to Opacity' on both layers
>Lock top layer and fill top layer with white-this should bring out the highlights as white
>Merge layers
>'Brightness to Opacity' again on the newly merged layer

Don't ask how I figured this out XD There might be an easier way to do it. Let me know if this is what you are looking for. I can do others pretty quickly once I figured it out.

edit: here's a second attempt with a more simple method that I think ends up looking better

cat%20witch%20base-1.png?dl=0

This one is using tone curve to bring the grey closer to white, then using 'Brightness to Opacity'.

edit2: I was bored so I tried to do the others you asked for in style 2

Guinea Pig
Angelic Canine
puck%232184%5Bfv%5Dhoneypuckle%5Bda%5D%5
23 Nov 2018, 8:20 pm
bases.furvilla.com is what you're looking for. it links to a google drive that has the greyscale transparent pngs.

Links
witch cat
Guinea pig
Angelic husky <-not 100% on this one-it's the angelic canine? if you're looking for an event base it'll be under a folder that starts with limited

If you're grabbing the bases from here and the transparency isn't being preserved, then something is going wrong with how the file is saved or how it's being opened. But the bases as they are uploaded are transparent-you can see it in the previews, the checked backgrounds they're on show that it's a transparent file not solid white.
d7gjIJT.png
Please ping me, I'm forgetful
30 Nov 2018, 3:39 pm
CrystalWolf89 just realized I never pinged you, so hoping you saw my post ;u;
puck%232184%5Bfv%5Dhoneypuckle%5Bda%5D%5