First Fursuit Experience [COMPLETED]

9 Dec 2018, 8:01 pm
TreeTurtles adsklhlasdv added, honestly it's probably easier to get a commission from someone who isn't all the way down in Brazil of all places fptpftpf but man i'd be on the moon if i could actually get enough knowledge on this to make fursuiting a living
☽✧・゚:*Count Your Blessings*:・゚✧☾

Feel free to Friend me! I accept all friend requests~
9 Dec 2018, 8:03 pm
PlushGiraffe added!

9 Dec 2018, 8:46 pm

If you ever do commissions hasfdokwovns sign me u P

S AME!!! Seriously this is turning out so cute!!

.::Beta Tester::.
Please quote/ping me!
Plz click mons
xSRsBu0.pngO1R9wQ3.pngnYno2vL.pngA2eG9W8.pngwttDoZV.png
Flags by Lu
28 | They/Them
Pixel Icon by Violetpool
Professional Disappointment
ADHD|Depression|Anxiety|Aspergers
9 Dec 2018, 8:49 pm
MeloNeko jksadhdjahsk bless you guys

9 Dec 2018, 9:02 pm
oh my lordddd it looks so cute!!!!!!! i love the little blush detail and the FANGS, it all looks perfect! i literally have no idea how you made that in so short a time span :o
9 Dec 2018, 9:08 pm
I’d like to be notified with any progress you make, this is awesome!!!
-2FV Time | #48787 | Dude | Adopts | Premades | If It’s my Sales Thread Don’t Ping | Vista by VioletPool
9 Dec 2018, 10:06 pm
this looks fantastic so far! Please add me to the pinglist
unknown.png
Source
~Silver~ 17~Forever tired artist~FV time~
9 Dec 2018, 10:12 pm
This is coming along so great! :O
10083499_sdkgxKq3Br8doOc.gif

13 Dec 2018, 9:05 pm
whoa!!! this is making me want to try again on making a fursuit.
Pine • 20 • they/them • PNW (-2 hours FV time) • INTP
tumblrtwittertoyhou.se
tumblr_inline_myneskulSW1rh7826.png
17 Dec 2018, 8:37 pm
Graffiti BeakyBirds thank you so much <333 i've been working on it for the entirety of november from the moment i wake up to the moment i go to bed! @ w @ haven't been getting much more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep tho rip.

Sorry for the lack of replies but THE LAST FEW DAYS WERE CRUCIAL TO FINISH THIS COSTUME!!! THE EVENT WAS SO MUCH FUN AND SO MANY PEOPLE ASKED FOR PHOTOS I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER <333 I'll post all the pics i have left in this post and we'll be done, y'all. Thanks to everyone who showed interest in this little thread, I had a great time doing this and documenting my progress for all of you guys.

With the head done at the moment, i went to work on the feet while my mom took over the sewing machine for a church project, this was another moment where i was really flipping scared that i'd mess up with the patterning and waste my fur, specially when i started layering it with the felt and it didn't seem like it'd cover everything, lucky for me it did.

28-Furring_Feet.png

yet another regretful moment came when i started making the other foot, idk what the heckie heck i was doing while making the first one, but I ended up with a really messy paint job on the left foot compared to the right foot D': i liked the right foot way too much to make it the same as the left so i just left it like this

30-Feeeet.png

Adding a bit of fur on the legs and it was onto the other stuff (these were meant to go much higher, but because of me struggling with zippers and considering the dress was way too long and heavy for them to show up i said fuck it and left it like that

29-Now_Done.png

After rescuing the sewing machine from the slave work of a late church project, i managed to start on the ears and paws. Doing the zigzag on the pawpads went surprisingly well, tho i'm sad i didn't have the pink color, ended up using white but that made the pads look smaller, always use thread the color of your beans, kids! that way you make them cute and big.

27-Paw.png

Idk why it took me forever to figure out how to make these but it did, I also had absolutely ZERO idea on how i'd attach them to the head, but a good old "yolo" later and they're sewn and firmly(i hope) attached to the head!

31-_Earss.png

Tori bunny :D
32-I_look_like_a_Bunny.png
Pose pose
32-thats_better.png

AND FINALLY SHE'S DONE!! As I mentioned before, so many people wanted pics i would only take 5 steps between photo sessions before another group of peeps would stop me, it was great <33 and considering it was around 30ºC i really wasn't uncomfortable at all in it! only took a break or two so i'd stop sweating profusely into the poor thing lmao
33-Shes_complete.png
I even found a Mettaton to take a pic with me!
34-found_Mettaton.png

And with that, this is officially the end of this thread, feel free to post any comments or ask anything (although idk what exactly one would ask a complete noob about fursuits pfft) thank you all for the interest and i hope to see you around <33

MochaWishes evyrgreen Pupdragon arbitraryabsurdity Akatsuki anne216 MeloNeko SherokuTakari Lykos Diam0ndUn1c0rn MontgomeryOOF candyiguana Connor_Murphy Daifaux Snowshoyu Casper_Ringtail Princezz_Fluffy nonbinary NotVeryAttractive TreeTurtles PlushGiraffe ExternalEnthusiast -Sylva-

17 Dec 2018, 8:40 pm
It turned out so good omg!
She/Her | Toyhouse | #123838

afe2dbbf465cae72f64b13f061f2246f63ce5b7d
17 Dec 2018, 8:41 pm
SherryDeer thank you! <33 I can finally have my life back now lmao

17 Dec 2018, 8:41 pm
Heidmaan WOW! That's truly all I can say, you killed it! It's literally amazing. I just - my mouth is left open in awe! Will you ever be taking commissions? ;0;

17 Dec 2018, 8:42 pm
right in the cute-o-meter

also congrats on finishing it!
17 Dec 2018, 8:44 pm
Turned out amazing! Honestly- this thread made me feel motivated to try making a fursuit again-
I did an attempt once in the past but fell into a bad depression and couldn't finish it (I also struggled with the foam on the head ^^; and the dog got into my room on the first batch and tore it to pieces...)

Honestly- I struggle with foam and hot glue in general, have any tips in regards to that?

*i sub to my own topics; ping me to get my attention elsewhere
blep_forumsig_by_kanarichan-dcdgqlo.png
Paintie Shop||Adoptables/Kenzui Species||Art Shop
17 Dec 2018, 8:46 pm
That looks wonderful, holy cow!!! A couple of my friends also complimented it. Good going, you did a fantastic job :-)
Paratroopa-MH3on3.gifBoo-MH3on3.gifBowser-MH3on3.gifBoo-MH3on3.gifParatroopa-MH3on3.gif

Mwahahahaha...

thais | they/them | +1 FV | DA
17 Dec 2018, 8:48 pm
Dang and that is your first??????
Holy cow man!! Or should I say... goat..

11/10 if you open a fursuit shop please ping me!
D i n g u s
PFP By - s-deadx On DA
17 Dec 2018, 8:50 pm
I love how this turned out, it’s amazing! You did a really good job with it. I’ve been kinda lurking around to see tne progress here and there

It makes me wanna try and have a go at making one but I do not trust myself at all >_>
• Carolin | 6+FV |Time | She/Her | INFJ | Taurus | Oceandome | #53304 •
✨ Give apolly0n a hug ✨
ecada3b1_a218_4dd5_ab26_2111949b23fe_by_
Formerly known as Sandfall (sorry if this causes confusion ;v;)
Icon by pedroinboxfort / Vista by genie
17 Dec 2018, 8:52 pm
Oh crap! This is so good!! I love it! The cutest goat mom!!
Want Art for only 100 tY1FbIM.gif? Click Here!
jz4VuHw.gif
17 Dec 2018, 9:21 pm
HOLY COWW THAT LOOKS AMAZING
v66JTj9.png

Any Pronouns | From Germany | Demisexual
17 Dec 2018, 9:21 pm
What a cutie!
It turned out amazing!!
Loving those feets
17 Dec 2018, 9:22 pm
BeakyBirds god, i hope one day i will. Making this really gave me that confidence to think "wow, I can actually do this for a living"I never thought i would have the skill to do this (and with the lack of resources in my country, i could hardly test the waters) but now i really feel i can in fact expand on this area and work on learning to improve on it. drawn commissions should be back sometime later coughs

Pupdragon thank you <3 there was this guy at a con who i'd always hear screeching about how cute my costume was, it was hilarious and also very flattering, i think i blushed pftpfpt.

neonpine Daifaux I'm very happy to hear this thread has motivated you guys again and i believe in you!! I'm sure you can make it if you put your heart and mind into it! beat that depression in the face and tell it who the fucc they are to tell you what to do and how to feel, it's your life dangit! >:0 But i guess the tips i can give would be: Reference is very important, having the muzzle drawn on paper really made my second attempt easier. Work on it slowly, give the sculpting the time and attention it needs. Don't be too afraid to go right in, as easily as you can take away, you can add back, i've added stupidly thin pieces of foam simply to make my head as smooth as i felt satisfied with. oh and also, get sharp tools, it'll be way less painful trust me.

In regards of the hot glue there isn't much i can say except: you'll probably get burned so just yolo LMAO but really,i don't usually care about heat in my hands so many times i've stuck my hand right into hot glue without a care in the world (matrices does recommend a low heat glue gun to avoid getting as burnt tho but i dun have that luxury, mate). Little bits go a long way, specially if you have to cut into them later, having just enough to glue the pieces together will give you less calouses down the road (obviously that's not what i did cuz i'm a dummy >:D),

if you haven't yet, Matrices' tutorials are great for beginners (i had them constantly open to help me out in every single step) she also includes a library of resources of other people's tutorials which may be of great help for that extra information! I hope this helps and honestly if you need any specific help i wouldn't mind looking up for tutorials for ya! :D

17 Dec 2018, 9:23 pm (Edited 17 Dec 2018, 9:24 pm)
Heidmaan well! You know where to find me if / when you do decide to open them. I'd love to be one if your first customers, you've got incredible raw talent!

17 Dec 2018, 9:36 pm
nonbinary thank you so much! thank your friends for me as well, they're really sweet ,,u v u,,

TreeTurtles ayee ;D but thank you! I'll look to improve my skills for that to become a reality someday

Timelus aw, thank you for sticking around then <3 dude i totally feel you tho, you can see the amount of FEAR in my posts, i definitely did not trust myself to do the feet, or the zigzag detail on the pawpads or even to finish the head at some points, but determination(ayee) and the desire to have it for the event moved me foward and just going for it got me to finish this. try not to think so much about the "what if this happen or that happen" and just dive right in, you know? plan what you want, gather the resources and start working, sometimes that is enough to get you going.

Lykos PlushGiraffe Akatsuki thank you guys so much <333 glad people like the style i went for, i've pondered if i should have done something more similar to the ones i've seen online but i'm happy with what i did in the end, it's unique in her own way ,,^ v ^,,

17 Dec 2018, 9:52 pm
BeakyBirds you're too kind to me, boo u /// u