Cosplay fangs?

6 Dec 2018, 12:52 pm (Edited 6 Dec 2018, 5:40 pm)
I need to wear fangs in order to do a cosplay of my homestuck fan-troll, Kimmin. However, I am missing a secondary incisor (the adult tooth never grew when I lost the baby tooth, I literally just never had it) and the canine tooth on one side is, in fact, right where my secondary incisor should be so the fangs would look crooked. Is there any way to work around that or should I just skip over the fangs entirely?

TL;DR: I can't wear fangs normally because of a missing tooth and I'm looking for a work-around.

6 Dec 2018, 1:06 pm
you can use instamorph plastic to shape it to your specific dental impression. its just a bag of plastic beads you pour into hot water to melt them together into a blob. you can just squish it into a rough fang shape then push it against your teeth where you want it to sit and when it cools off it hardens. then you can just sand it down or heat it up again to get it into the final shape you want.
6 Dec 2018, 1:09 pm
I don't cosplay, but I'd like to point out that instamorph isn't food-safe.
jess | she/her | FV time | links
6 Dec 2018, 1:24 pm
Nindroid msjanny

yeah, I just checked out their site. I may use Instamorph to make my horns but I don't think I'll be using it for something that will be in my mouth for a few hours
6 Dec 2018, 3:07 pm
apologies, i've never used instamorph specifically myself, but i do know there are variations out there like it that people have used for cosplay teeth.
6 Dec 2018, 3:14 pm
i got a pair from wish.com!! they were under a dollar so... :p

they are nice too!! i'd say buy the glue for it at like a Walgreens!!

and if anything you could ask ppl who cosplay at cons and such where they got their fangs at ( if they have them ofc)

pixel_christmas_bunny_by_casey_lee.gif

Fv time +1
6 Dec 2018, 5:27 pm (Edited 6 Dec 2018, 5:57 pm)
cactusdoqqo

this issue isn't that I don't have fangs. I have about 5 pairs of fangs (probably more in my Halloween kit) that I've impulse. the issue is that I can't wear them without them being crooked due to a missing tooth. ^.^ I do check out wish though, mostly for cheap horns that I can destroy customize (I'm actually getting my horns from Wish)
7 Dec 2018, 12:17 pm
beep
8 Dec 2018, 10:37 pm
Boop
8 Dec 2018, 11:27 pm (Edited 8 Dec 2018, 11:28 pm)
If I needed this workaround, I’d probably buy a pair of clear or white cheap retainers or fitted mouth guard piece for like $10 and decorate it so that it looked like a set of teeth/fangs, though they would only be good for photos, since talking might be hard depending on the type you find (well, talking is hard with fake fangs to begin with), but it would cover all the teeth you need
Alternatively, I’ve had cheap prop fangs that were inserted so that the fangs could be retractable, they were held in by the roof of your mouth and the molars.. They didn’t work great but they were fangs I didn’t need to use fang glue or anything to hold them in place, so other kinds like this could exist
Leo | Hella Ace|Toyhou.se|1000% Weeb Garbo
PM me for a free TH code
Giving out Random Potions for Doodles!!
Common Species, Rare Species, Shifty, Galactic, Primordial Potions included!