Someone blocked me?

10 Dec 2018, 7:20 pm
Appearently someone blocked me for no real reason. I have no clue who this was, But it was so sudden.that i can't make out the cause. I really have no clue who this could have been, As i was never really rude to anyone.
latest?cb=20180413091838

10 Dec 2018, 7:22 pm
Idk, but I'm on my phone and the screen shows up really small unless I zoom in first, and one time I accidentally blocked someone when I just wanted to see their forum threads because I hadn't zoomed in and the buttons were really small. Idk
Call me Alpha | 19 | she/her | +1 FV time | ping #120762 | OFF brainrot | icon by me
---PLEASE use my ping number as I plan on changing my username once I get the FD---
10 Dec 2018, 7:23 pm
It happens don't worry too much about it. If they blocked you then they might not be a very friendly person after all so it might be for the best in a lot of cases.

Don't take it personal.
MMjvS7y.png
10 Dec 2018, 7:26 pm (Edited 29 Dec 2018, 8:33 am)
name dropping possibly, I don't want to look rude
latest?cb=20180413091838
10 Dec 2018, 7:46 pm
i got blocked by someone for seemingly no reason too recently, i can only hope it was an accident bc i really liked their art ;_; ... although its better to just forget about it anyways it probably wasnt meant in malice, a lot of people just block people for basically no reason
(ps..you can see who it was if you open up their page in an incognito tab or while logged out)
10 Dec 2018, 7:48 pm (Edited 11 Dec 2018, 7:46 pm)
I think I got blocked by someone. Idk why. But I only know because I saw 2 threads that said 'Last Post by Blocked User' and i've never blocked anyone.
So it's odd. But I will shrug it off, they had their reason, and I respect that.
y8rctvtpy936j9jwy8rctvtp
Male / Gay / INFJ / Taken / Australia / WoW Nerd
..For the Horde..
gos6vOr.pngy8oxghyvygCdk7Y.png
10 Dec 2018, 8:06 pm (Edited 12 Dec 2018, 12:43 am)
I wouldn't worry about it, although I know that to some people it's upsetting. You may very well have never even interacted with that person at all. People will block for the pettiest reason. I know of one user specifically that blocked me because I got something that they had wanted in a freebie thread. Funnily enough, I planned on giving it to that person if they didn't get/have it (it had been several pages), but when I went back to their post they'd blocked me. They're on my block list as well, because even if they unblock me I don't have interest in or time for people like that. My empathetic self has an empty block list again.
IORml3
wcv7iw
You're advancing mercilessly
Unprovoked and needlessly
And I'll march you into the sea
Just to watch you drown in the end

I am used to these black eyes
To be bruised, antagonized
But it overwhelms my mind
To believe that I called you a friend
10 Dec 2018, 8:10 pm
There's no real reason to think about it, and if it makes you feel better, their reason might've been out of your control entirely. Unless you know you said something thoughtless, you may as well assume it's something they personally don't wish to see! Maybe you have a word in your username or signature that brings them bad memories, maybe your icon portrays a thing they hate, maybe you like or support something that they are against and they're blocking you so that they don't feel the urge to argue with you... Or maybe it was just a misclick. No reason to bully them into explaining, just keep going as usual!
11 Dec 2018, 10:01 am
I don't really feel like there's a need to block shame anyone. Someone could have blocked you because one of your villagers reminded them of an abusive ex and they didn't want to associate you with that negativity. Who knows? Whatever the reason, that reason is their own, just like you blocking anyone else is your own reason. There's no reason to be upset. If you didn't know them, then they weren't part of your life anyways and it's no loss that they are behind a block wall now, and there's no reason to call their reason for blocking 'petty' because there could be a more complicated reason behind it. The block feature is there and it's totally valid to use it no matter what the reason.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
11 Dec 2018, 10:43 am
Not everyone is going to like you in life, but there’s no reason to be upset about it! It’s not always for a negative reason, either. A few people have blocked me here too, it’s totally okay!

keep-on.jpg
0XoafC9.gif
11 Dec 2018, 10:44 am
I'm blocked ALL the time
11 Dec 2018, 10:58 am
I have to agree with Rotsuoy in that it shouldn't matter if someone blocks you...
Personally, I have never blocked anyone because I believe that you shouldn't be surrounded only by what you like (you lose touch with reality) but yes, I have been blocked before as well. I don't care to know who has blocked me or why, because if you don't like someone then you don't have to see them.

It can be frustrating to be blocked and wanting to know why. Generally I haven't said anything offensive and always try to be nice. But if people find an issue with me they can block and be on their merry way.
If it's my forum, you don't need to ping!

If you don't know me, I like birds. Mostly chickens. Chickens.
11 Dec 2018, 11:02 am
I know I have 3 people who blocked me and I 100% respect the people and don't mind the blocks in the slight-ish as it's their rights, I know two of the people's reasons and I won't tell what they are in case it looks like i'm trying to bring them shame but I just hope the people are okay, even if I can't speak to them
One day I'll make a good sig ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
11 Dec 2018, 11:06 am (Edited 11 Dec 2018, 11:07 am)
Not everyone is gonna like you, that's just a fact of life. Wish it wasn't, but sometimes we can't change how people perceive us. I really don't agree with your stating where they last posted (but I see now that you deleted that snippet, so good on you), since that could lead people to look, as someone on here already did and then name-dropped, which is also unnecessary and pretty rude, and since someone else could've posted after them, could end up having someone who didn't do anything being block-shamed.

I've never been blocked before, so I really can't relate, but I'd say don't take it too personally. If you know you haven't done anything wrong, then it's their problem, not yours!
~Max/Cinnamon Roll/Cat Mom/Writer/Poptart~

6R2UUgm.png?1
11 Dec 2018, 11:13 am
It happens. shrug
It could be accidental, or could be that something you associate with they don't like, or associate it negatively. If you don't know them at all, chances are you won't meet them even if not blocked; reasons unknown, it's easier to pretend it's accidental or not in animosity, like a signature too large for them to load the page quickly. It's just for some a convenience to use.
I'm blocked by two apparently, one active other not, but I don't plan on blocking anyone anytime. (I still wish I could like their painties rip)

Now, being blocked can be a major inconvenience in gameplay onsite itself, which is, imho, a fair reason to be upset or frustrated over. I've had to sort through 9-13 pages of Giving Tree donations because most of it is from someone blocking me. I found a few donations visible scattered about, but as someone who doesn't neccearily have the time or speed to do so, it's frustrating. Either have it anonymous to remove association of both parties to reinstate donation pickup, or don't have those empty pages at all.
This doesn't happen that much, so it's just an inconvenience for the moment.
Another problem is in sales/raffle/? threads, where it's necessary to know what someone is getting so you don't ask for the same thing only to find it's already taken/bought. Main feature of blocking is for posts, however so this can't be helped. It sure is bothersome though. :/

So long as you don't encounter the above inconveniences too much, we just have to shrug it off and move on, at least for the moment. We can't control others, only ourselves.
ScreenShot5714.jpg
11 Dec 2018, 11:27 am
Posts like this are against the rules

Yeah it sucks not to know the reason why you got blocked but its just one of those things where you have to just. Get over it. Im blocked by someone i dont think i ever interacted with but its just not a big deal. I know on twitter i have like 1000 people blocked and most i have literally never spoken too but i blocked them because of the things ive seen them say. I blocked them in advanced because i dont WANT to interact with them.
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
11 Dec 2018, 11:28 am (Edited 11 Dec 2018, 11:29 am)
It's best not to dwell on it. While I understand that it may be upsetting to find out that someone blocked you, but like many users have already stated that everyone has there reason for blocking. It cloud be anything and because of that, you should not let it effect you.
11 Dec 2018, 11:31 am (Edited 11 Dec 2018, 11:38 am)
Sometimes people block for reasons that make very little sense to others. Someone might block you because they don't like your name, your villager species, or any other reason out of too many to list. It's best not to think too much into it. If they chose to block, it's their choice. Whether you agree or disagree with their reason and choice to block doesn't matter in the end because they will still have you blocked. If they want to block you then chances are you wouldn't have had very good interactions with them anyways.
L9iQtaq.png
11 Dec 2018, 11:37 am
I’m actually really happy when people block me because that means they’re mature! A lot of people will rant/harass you instead of simply blocking.

If you want to know who blocked you then you @/Graffiti ‘s method on their post above
It’s best not to confront the person who blocked you though.
11 Dec 2018, 11:38 am
well, you could listen to the other's advice .... ooooor you can hack there account, unblock yourself use there information to track them down stalk them for a weeks doing everything you possibly could to "block" them from having any communication with the outside world and then finally when they have no more options they have to talk to you...

or you know, just pay it no mind. =3
... seems I misplaced my sanity, have you seen it ?