Winter Wonderland Writing Contest!

27 Dec 2018, 1:23 pm (Edited 29 Dec 2018, 12:35 am)
This thread is for the Winter Wonderland 2019 Writing Contest entries only, please do not reserve posts!

If you have any questions, please post them in the Winter Wonderland Writing Contest Discussion Thread!

The writing contest is back! Yay! We're celebrating winter, there's fresh snow everwhere, thus... It's the Winter Wonderland Writing Contest and it runs until January 31st 2019 @ 11:59 pm Furvilla Time!

THEMES

- Deck the Halls
- Life in Snow
- Cozy Comforts
- Toasty Beverage

The themes are left open and vague to inspire creativity so everyone can get those writing juices flowing!

RULES

1. Any entries MUST be written by you AND ONLY YOU. Plagiarism of any kind is against contest and site rules.
2. Use of other people's characters is permitted as long as you provide proof of their consent in the form of a screenshot in your entry. (A link to the screenshot is fine.)
3. Entries must fit an official monthly theme to be eligible for the contest.
3a. Entries must be situated in the Furvilla universe, but may take place outside of designated/specified Villages. Thus it must contain any kind of characters that could be found on Furvilla; if it is an existing species or could be uploaded onto an original Shifty, it'll be fine. This means no humans or anything that would require a Primordial Shifty! But basically there's still loads of freedom outside the basic and rare species found here on Furvilla.
4. All Furvilla rules regarding content allowed on site must be followed, no exceptions, not even for creative endeavors.
5. Entries must be 500-2000 words in length to qualify as a valid entry.
6. Unlimited entries are allowed but each player can only win once.

Once you have your entry ready to go, either post it in this thread directly or post a link to a Google Doc! Make sure you have the sharing options set to allow us to view it if you use a Google Doc, or we won't be able to view and judge it. :3

PRIZES

3 Winners will receive the prizes listed below!

- Entry will be featured in a special section of the Knowledge Base
- Contributor Trophy
- 1000 FD
- Any 3 Pet Boxes

End Date: 11:59 PM on Janurary 31st.
4OdS5qe.png
Terms of Service | Site Rules | Change Log | File a Report | Contact Us
Please feel free to contact me if you need help with anything!

28 Dec 2018, 8:36 pm (Edited 29 Dec 2018, 10:12 am)
My entry
gos6vOr.png 5pfM1fY.png
28 Dec 2018, 9:02 pm (Edited 28 Dec 2018, 9:08 pm)
Here's my entry for Life in Snow: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OCK6K4V7ea5KmHJyCmdY33DjrY-OlqCW6BXQqaI4ZFY/edit?usp=sharing
| She/Her | +0 FV Time | P!atd & TØP 4 Lyfe | Hooman Bean That Does Things |

If you need me, ping me! @117953 or @Galaxywolf269
Vista made by snowflakeartist
Icon made by ScribbleCakes
Paintie made by Saberfiend
2 Jan 2019, 11:37 pm
I'm entering for Life in the Snow :3 I had made a ship between two OCs so i used them in this :3
anyway i'll shut up lets get to the story

"Wait for me!!"
The husky bounded through the snow, He swiped at the white cat's scarf, only to miss. "Too slow, Ollie!!" The cat yelped, running faster. She collapsed about 20 feet away in the snow. "Sky? You good?" Ollie asked. "I'm fine!"
"Oh." Ollie said, realizing the white cat was making a snow angel. He fell in the snow beside her and did the same. The two animals had been living in a small cottage for the past month. As the nights grew longer and days grew shorter, their friendship grew stronger. The two had barely known each other before, now, they stuck together. The two had both been orphaned at a young age, and they
★★★

"You want a cup of hot cocoa, Ollie?" Sky called from the kitchen. "You know it!" Ollie called back, pulling off his mittens and hat. He plopped down at the cottages table and slumped in the chair. He glanced at the clock above the oven. It said 5:00. Almost dinnertime. He knew Sky would make a steaming pot of spaghetti or soup and it would be delicious, because Sky was an amazing cook. She place a mug of hot cocoa in front of Ollie and sat down across from him, pulling off her hat. She blew of the hot cocoa before taking a sip. Her white fur almost glittered in the sunlight. Ollie stared. “You alright there, Ollie?” Sky asked. Ollie snapped back to attention. “Yea, just thinking.” He sighed. “I never really wanted to come here, y’know. But now that I’m here, I’m thinking it won’t be so bad.” He said. Sky smiled.
★★★

Ollie placed his plate in the sink. Delicious spaghetti for dinner, just like he guessed. Sky was turning on a movie on the television. He sat down next to her on the couch. Sky found an episode of Bugs Bunny, and the two animals watched together, their faces bathed in the light of the tv. Sky got up and came back with two cookies, and handed one to Ollie. He smiled. Snow began to fall lightly outside. The clock hit 10:00. Sky and Ollie were curled up on the couch, both asleep. A crow’s call woke Ollie, and he jostled Sky. “Sky? It’s 10:00. We both fell asleep.” He said. Sky stirred. She looked up at Ollie with big, blue eyes. “Ugh, seriously?” She grunted. She stood up and yawned. “I don’t know about you, but I’m going to bed.” She said. Ollie stood up too. “Same. I’m tired.” He said. The shuffled to the bedroom, where two twin beds sat across from each other. Sky started to one, but Ollie put a hand on her shoulder. “Ah… Sky? Thanks.” He said. “For what?” Sky asked. “Everything. For taking care of me. For making this place all the better.” Ollie said. He licked Sky on her muzzle. “Goodnight Sky.”
★★★
Sky looked a bit shocked and embarrassed. But her eyes were full of… love and care and kindness. She smiled. “Goodnight Ollie.” She said, climbing into bed. Her slow, rhythmic breaths told Ollie she was asleep in the bed across from him. He knew that living in this cottage wouldn’t be so bad. He was with Sky, and he was happy. And that was perfect.
--©Licensed Furry®--
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌█

13// Aromantic//Manokit furry
Scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Littlenose123/
Toyhouse: https://toyhou.se/Kipp-The-Manokit
7 Jan 2019, 10:34 pm
Here you go. ♥ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SWDDpBAS4ZH-qnAnetxBzngj0gIWRS-XhjrdoWnakig/edit?usp=sharing
xHWFWtU.jpg
9 Jan 2019, 5:17 pm
Okay, so something happened and part of the first paragraph got cut off of my entry. Here's the fixed version:
Mine is Life in Snow:
"Wait for me!!"
The husky bounded through the snow, He swiped at the white cat's scarf, only to miss. "Too slow, Ollie!!" The cat yelped, running faster. She collapsed about 20 feet away in the snow. "Sky? You good?" Ollie asked. "I'm fine!"
"Oh." Ollie said, realizing the white cat was making a snow angel. He fell in the snow beside her and did the same. The two animals had been living in a small cottage for the past month. As the nights grew longer and days grew shorter, their friendship grew stronger. The two had barely known each other before, now, they stuck together. The two had both been orphaned at a young age, and they were both unsure about staying in the cottage. It was old and creaky, with dust in every corner and few lights after dark
★★★

"You want a cup of hot cocoa, Ollie?" Sky called from the kitchen. "You know it!" Ollie called back, pulling off his mittens and hat. He plopped down at the cottages table and slumped in the chair. He glanced at the clock above the oven. It said 5:00. Almost dinnertime. He knew Sky would make a steaming pot of spaghetti or soup and it would be delicious, because Sky was an amazing cook. She place a mug of hot cocoa in front of Ollie and sat down across from him, pulling off her hat. She blew of the hot cocoa before taking a sip. Her white fur almost glittered in the sunlight. Ollie stared. “You alright there, Ollie?” Sky asked. Ollie snapped back to attention. “Yea, just thinking.” He sighed. “I never really wanted to come here, y’know. But now that I’m here, I’m thinking it won’t be so bad.” He said. Sky smiled.
★★★

Ollie placed his plate in the sink. Delicious spaghetti for dinner, just like he guessed. Sky was turning on a movie on the television. He sat down next to her on the couch. Sky found an episode of Bugs Bunny, and the two animals watched together, their faces bathed in the light of the tv. Sky got up and came back with two cookies, and handed one to Ollie. He smiled. Snow began to fall lightly outside. The clock hit 10:00. Sky and Ollie were curled up on the couch, both asleep. A crow’s call woke Ollie, and he jostled Sky. “Sky? It’s 10:00. We both fell asleep.” He said. Sky stirred. She looked up at Ollie with big, blue eyes. “Ugh, seriously?” She grunted. She stood up and yawned. “I don’t know about you, but I’m going to bed.” She said. Ollie stood up too. “Same. I’m tired.” He said. The shuffled to the bedroom, where two twin beds sat across from each other. Sky started to one, but Ollie put a hand on her shoulder. “Ah… Sky? Thanks.” He said. “For what?” Sky asked. “Everything. For taking care of me. For making this place all the better.” Ollie said. He licked Sky on her muzzle. “Goodnight Sky.”
★★★
Sky looked a bit shocked and embarrassed. But her eyes were full of… love and care and kindness. She smiled. “Goodnight Ollie.” She said, climbing into bed. Her slow, rhythmic breaths told Ollie she was asleep in the bed across from him. He knew that living in this cottage wouldn’t be so bad. He was with Sky, and he was happy. And that was perfect.
--©Licensed Furry®--
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌█

14 Jan 2019, 1:07 pm
Here is my entry for Cozy Comforts!
If it's my forum, you don't need to ping!

If you don't know me, I like birds. Mostly chickens. Chickens.
18 Jan 2019, 5:20 pm
Theme: Toasty Beverage
Word Count: 953

A thick furred vixen’s tail swayed from side to side to the rhythm to festive humming. White puffs escaped from her pointed snout, but despite the silvery snow covering the frozen ground she flashed a toothy grin. Sniffing out the wafting smoky scent from her home village nearby. Shifting the long reins in her clawed paws leading the pair of appaloosa uni hauling the sleigh through the trodden snow path. While the novelty of a sleigh dashing through the snow wore off the first few rides into Olde Foxbury’s center she didn’t mind running errands during the winter.

Wiggling in her seat imagining how she’d fire up the hearth, and how the burning flames would heat the room. She could whip up something hot to warm her from the icy air. She let out an excited squeal. Spotting the first signs of the village by smoke in the sky, and then array of buildings scattered in the wintery landscape.

From the laughter and the grumbling voices she could pinpoint who enjoyed the cold and who detested it. Riding through the village’s center some of her neighbors with thick furry winter coats rolled around in the snow playing without a care. They would leave no snow untouched for long. Then there were those bundled up. They shoveled paths clean refusing to let the snow order them around.

Her good nature tempted her to lend a sympathizing paw, but her main priority kept her focused. Trying an authentic Tigereye Peak cocoa recipe. She searched up and down the stalls of the marketplace, for the specially imported ingredient. Maybe all the this effort for some hot cocoa was over the top, but she needed to taste it for herself. Offering her condolences to her shivering friends with a soft smile.

Slowing the pair of uni to a stop she leapt out of her seat to tether the reins to a nearby post she kicked the loose snow out of her way. Rushing towards the door of her home she shook herself before taking a step inside.

“Light the fire, unload, simmer and yum.” Scanning the room she set her eyes on a pile of chopped logs, she tossed a few into the hearth and lit them. Playing with the fire to her liking until she went in search of pot, a wooden spoon and milk. Leaving the milk on the fire she stepped back outside to unload her goods. Repeating quick trips to and from the sleigh to inside she reached her last special purchase, and her mouth watered knowing it was for the cocoa.

She stopped in her tracks her ears twitching. “Hello?” She looked around unable to find the source of the soft shuffling. Shaking her head she tried to take another step, but she crashed into the snow with a sudden yelp.

“What that-“ Struggling to figure out who tackled her to the ground a pair of big ivory furred paws pinned her down. “-Elska?”

The white wolf whose tongue lolled out at the side of her mouth, and her tail wagged revealed her playful mood. “Apologies, I could not help myself.” She snickered letting the fox up from the frozen ground. “Ahh did you get Nennir’s things?” She asked eyeing the sleigh.

“Mmhm,” Aria brushed the snow off before picking up her package, “I was going to drop them off later.” She motioned for the wolf to follow her inside. Settling in by the blazing hearth she untied the delicate jute string, and unwrapped the solid chocolate. Smooth and sweetly scented without any elegant designs.

“Chocolate? All of that for chocolate?” Elska reached for the almost unwieldy bar, but pulled her paw back from the sudden smack. “Hey!”

“For the record it’s special Tigereye Peak cocoa chocolate, unpowdered.” Aria stirred the bubbling milk. “Now, go get some mugs…And marshmallows.” She pointed to the cabinets on the other side of the room. Taking her eyes off of the wolf she turned back to the chocolate, and started breaking the bar apart into squares.

Elska set the mugs down to the side, and popped the lid to the jar of marshmallows open. Snapping a pawful between her jaws before returning to Aria’s side. Noticing the bow around the fox sitting crooked her tail wagged. “An easy fix,”

“Hmm?”

Pulling on the ends of the ribbon the bow fell apart, and Elska straightened off the fabric before retying the bow bigger than before. “There,”

“Really? You didn’t have to,”

“You ought look nice when going out,”

Trying to fight against the laughter leaking past her lips Aria’s shoulders shook. “Okay mom, and I super duper promise to be back before sunset too,”

“Hmph, laugh all you will but we all represent a part of this village. Our village, our home. Tis not grand, nor flashy, but is it not our pride?”

Aria inched the squares into the pot with a wide smile. That was Elska, playful as a pup and just a little preachy. Letting the squares melt causing the milk darkened and sweeten she added a pinch of salt. Bringing the spoon to her snout she blew on it before tasting the cocoa. “Wow!” Her tail bristled from excitement. Filling the mugs she dropped in marshmallows with gusto. “Here.” Giving the Elska the second mug watching her eyes light up with the first sip. “Right?!”

“I am sorry I doubted you, this is delightful,”

With a nod Aria held the mug tight letting the rising steam warm her face. Sipping from the rim she closed her eyes savoring everything from the flavor to the aroma. She would do it all over again. How could she hate the snow when these were the best parts?
I'm a little wolf inside a girl

large.gif
23 Jan 2019, 10:20 pm
Theme: Toasty Beverage
Word Count: 1, 274

This was Chri’s first day in Tigereye peak. She had just arrived from Oceandome, Chri had just finished her paragraph on Oceandome and now, it was time to write about Tigereye peak. She was excited, this would be her first time in the cold village, and only her third time to see snow. All the snow, cold, decorations and new people to make friends with excited her, but what most excited her is meeting the mayor of Tigereye peak: Mayor Polaria.
Chri has heard a lot about Mayor Polaria from her home village: Olde Foxbury. Mayor Minstrel had told Chri about the kind, motherly mayor of Tigereye peak. Those few words were enough to spark Chri’s dream of going to Tigereye peak and meeting it’s mayor. She couldn’t believe she was finally in the village she wished to be in so long ago, she didn’t know if she was more excited or more nervous.
“Maybe I should have worn better clothing.” Chri mumbles to herself, her tail swings side to side in anticipation. She pinches the front of her shirt and frowned. Chri had expected her outfit to be enough to keep her warm, unfortunately, that was not the case. Chri licked her lips, her left ear twitching in mild frustration as she walks around the village. Some villagers would stare at her, but most of them were friendly. A young hamster was even kind enough to lend her a scarf which helped her greatly.
She continued to walk through the village, her new blue fluffy scarf wrapped around her neck snuggly. She liked how almost everyone in Tigereye peak was nice to her, they wore a lot of smiles and would greet her good morning even though she was a stranger. Chri was only here for two hours, but it was already starting to feel like home. Tigereye peak was nice, homey, and had kind inhabitants… but it was definitely big. It was big and unfamiliar to Chri, and very very cold. Chri wasn’t used to the cold and this made her just a little bit agitated.
She continued to walk, choosing to walk up the hill where a line of houses were in hope to find someone that could show her the way to Mayor Polaria’s home. Finally, after a little more walking and stopping to wave at the little furry and feathery wild creatures she spotted a friendly looking canine holding a rock in one paw and a piece of paper in the other, icicles seemed to hang from the two objects in the canine’s hand which stumped her but not enough to keep her from asking a question. Chri walked up to the canine, hoping that she wasn’t disturbing her.
“Excuse me,” Chri begins. Her paws shake lightly from her nerves. “Can you help me find Mayor Polaria’s home? I am here to write about Tigereye peak and would like to ask her a couple questions.”
The canine’s tail wags softly, a smile on her face. Her fluffy fur was lightly coated in snow but that didn’t seem to bother her. “Hiya!” She barked. “Always nice to see a new face around here! I’m Blu, I run Icy Instruments.” She beams proudly, “Mayor Polaria lives in a big cottage at the top of the hill, you’re almost there! I’m unsure if she’s there though! She often likes going around the village, making sure that everyone is cozy and happy.” She chuckles, her furry tail wagging faster and faster.
“Oh.” Chri blinked and then slowly grinned. “That’s great, thank you Blu!” She says, already continuing to walk up the hill.
“No problem stranger!” Blu calls out. “Watch out for shiny rocks if you can! I love collecting them!” She adds, holding up the paw that grasped the rock.
“I will!” Chri laughs, waving goodbye.
Thirty minutes passed and Chri was ready to give up. Maybe it was because she wasn’t used to walking this much, maybe it’s because she isn’t used to the weather, whatever it may be she was ready to give up. That is, until she finally spotted the top of a cottage, it was big and lightly decorated. There was no doubt, this was Mayor Polaria’s house.
With newfound energy, Chri starts running uphill towards the cottage, her fluffy scarf flowing behind her. She ignores the pounding of her heart against her chest and instead focuses on pounding the door with her fist so she could finally face Mayor Polaria. She knocks her paw against the door three times and waited for it to open, there was no response. She waited for a few seconds and then gave another three knocks but there was no answer.
“Oh dear,” Chri hears a soft voice say from behind her. The feline quickly whirls around, her fur poofing up ever so slightly in surprise. “I’m sorry, I should have put a sign that I was out.” Mayor Polaria murmurs, a soft smile on her face. “I’m truly sorry to have made you wait my dear, why don’t you come inside for some hot cocoa?” she says, an empty tray clutched in her paws.
“I-“ Chri begins to stutter. “Sure, I mean. If you want to.” She awkwardly manages to say, coughing into her paws to hide her embarrassed face.
Mayor Polaria gives a little chuckle, her ear twitching softly. “Of course dear, my home and my hot cocoa is open for anyone who needs it.” She walks past Chri and opens the door. “I’ll lend you a coat as well, you look like you’re freezing!”
“Thank you.” Chri genuinely murmurs, stepping in after the old bear. The house was surprisingly warm and cozier than Chri had expected. Her ears perked up at the sound of crackling fire in the fireplace. “Your home is amazing.” She breathes, looking around the well-furnished home, the smell of newly baked cookies fill the air and Chri licks her lips, her stomach gives a hungry gurgle.
“Oops, sounds like you’re hungry as well.” Mayor Polaria giggles at Chri’s red face. “No worries dear, we all get a little hungry sometimes.” She hums. “Now, why don’t you take a seat so that I can prepare your hot cocoa and cookies?”
Chri quickly obeys and watches as Mayor Polaria sets up the hot cocoa. In no time, a plate of freshly baked cookies and a cup of sweet, hot cocoa is on top of the desk in front of her. Mayor Polaria takes a seat opposite of her, the old mayor’s own cup in her paws.
“Hot cocoa is my favourite drink.” Mayor Polaria hums, a soft look in her eyes as she looks at her cup. “It reminds me of love, of home, it reminds me of safety and happiness and that is how I want everyone to feel in my village.” She chuckles, “have you ever heard of the land of hot cocoa and marshmallows?”
If Chri left the mayor’s home with no answers to her questions but a dozen wonderful stories to tell four hours later, well, that’s her and Mayor Polaria’s secret. Chri now had a new definition of hot cocoa and came to the realization that hot cocoa will never be the same to her, she will never be able to drink it without thinking of Mayor Polaria and all the wonderful stories that she told. She will never be able to drink hot cocoa without thinking of Tigereye peak, of Blu the fluffy friendly canine and of the little hamster that had given her a gift. Hot cocoa really does represent home.
Suddenly, Hot Cocoa was Chri’s new favourite drink.
·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ Andy | He/Him | INTP | Grade 12 | Slytherin | Chaotic Evil| RP with me ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·
28 Jan 2019, 11:14 am
Here’s my entry for cozy comforts ^^
The fire’s soft glow warmed Lucille. He took a sip of his cocoa.
“Thank you again for letting me stay here, Ballard.” He grumbled.
“Anything for a friend, Luci. It’s not your fault your ceiling caved in.”
Lucille grumbled again. The creature skunk’s house practically fell apart during the storm that was currently happening outside. He was forced to reside with his neighbor until the storm passed. Ballard of course didn’t hesitate to let him inside. He immediately made Lucille a hot drink and sat him in front of the fire. Despite being naive, Ballard was always prepared for such storms.
“I was just about to go check the stables if you’ll hold on for a second.”
“Be careful out there. The winds are strong.” Lucille started to his Saggitari friend.
“I’ll be fine, Luci.”
He flashed a smile before throwing on a scarf and leaving out the door. Lucille was now sitting alone in front of the fire. The only sound the disturbed the air was the crackling of the dancing heat. He let the warmth envelop him. He was happy we was somewhere warm tonight. He was lucky Ballard considered him a friend. He gave a soft sigh as he relaxed slightly. A gust of cold wind burst in when the opened again.
“Back already Ballard?”
He turned expecting to see his Saggitari friend but was greeted by the face of an arctic fox as well.
“Good evening, Reif.” Lucille gave a curt nod.
“Caught him on his way from the barn. Turns out he was checking on the animals himself. I invited him over for a cup or two of cocoa.”
“Hope I ain’t bothering you two.” The fox smiled. “I just can’t resist Ballard’s cocoa.”
Reif took his place in front of the fire next to Lucille. Ballard handed him a warm blanket and a mug full of hot cocoa. The arctic fox took a sip and gave a content sigh as he removed his striped scarf. Ballard sat himself down with the two of them. The three enjoyed the warmth of their drinks and the dancing heat that warmed their bodies.
“It was kind of you to check on the animals when you didn’t have to, Reif.” Ballard stated.
“I couldn’t help it. The thought of them possibly freezing made me worry. Turns out they were just fine.”
“Of course. I have insulation in every cage and pen. Even a heater. Can’t let my poor animals freeze during the winter nights.” Ballard chuckled.
“Well I’m glad to see Alucard was just fine. Don’t know what I’d do without my bat buddy.” Reif smiled.
Ballard and Reif exchanged a laugh.
“Well I’m glad everyone is nice and warm tonight. Even you Lucille. You haven’t really said much tonight.”
Lucille looked up from his drink.
“I’m just happy to be warm right now. I’m gonna have to get Shantal to fix my house when the storm blows over. Who knows how much has been destroyed by now.”
“Cheer up, bud. You got friends here for you, hot drinks, a roaring fire, and all your pieces. There’s a few reasons to be happy.” Reif said, taking another sip of his cocoa.
“I guess that’s fair enough...” the skunk grumbled.
Lucille looked into the fire. Reif was right. He had friends. He had a warm place to stay.
He had all of his Cozy Comforts.
31 Jan 2019, 6:51 pm (Edited 31 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm)
Theme: Life in Snow
Word count: 1991

A crackling fireplace softly illuminated a dark living room. A Kritty and Aerkit was asleep near the fire, occasionally mewing softly in their sleep. The room was mostly silent...But then a loud, clanging sound broke the silence. Out of the hallway came a Saggitari in Silver armor, each footstep making a racket. The cats didn't seem phased by the sound, still sleeping soundly. The Saggitari made his way to the front door, but before he could open it, a spidertaur grabbed his left arm and tugged it.

"Where are you going? It's freezing out. I don't think anyone would buy Zatarin Popsicles." The spider said in a quiet voice.

Zatarin lifted up the mask of his helm and let out a loud sigh. "I'm not going to freeze, Karia." Zatarin gently pulled his arm away. "I heard someone saw a monster from Tigereye outside town, but that's so far away from here I don't see how it can be. So I'm going to go look. I'll only be gone for...Maybe a few hours." He spoke calmly and looked down towards Karia.

Karia stared up at him, her six eyes unblinking. "Fine, but if you take too long I'm going to look for you." Karia patted the side of Zatarin's armor before darting off across the house, each step making a soft tapping.

Zatarin let out a confused snort at how fast she took off. "Well, bye to you too." He shook his head before opening the door. The ground outside was covered in a thick blanket of fresh snow. Snowflakes instantly blew into the house and Zatarin quickly made his way outside and shut the door. Snowflakes started to stick to his face and he awkwardly licked at his snout before putting his face mask back down to keep the snow out. As he started to make his way away from the house, Karia opened the door and yelled. "Bye-bye, metal boy!" She giggled and slammed the door shut. Zatarin froze in his tracks and looked back quickly, but she was already gone. "...Metal boy?" Zatarin questioned to himself before looking away and resuming down the path.

The snow was deep enough to cause him to have to walk slower than usual, it reaching up past his ankles. He found it somewhat annoying. He's not used to so much snow, at least not in Dragonsmaw. He eventually made his way out of town, and the snow only seemed to get deeper, and the snowflakes bigger. His exposed tail was starting to look like a long frozen hairball. He would try to flick the snow off, but it had no effect. There wasn't much out here besides some trees, pines covered in snow and other types of trees which were shed of their leaves.

Off in the distance something small and Silver could be seen darting about as if frantic. Zatarin spotted the figure and started making his way towards it. It was not only a Silver color, it was quite literally a Silver. Or so they called them. A monster usually seen in Tigereye. The small monster saw Zatarin heading its way and it dived in to the snow to hide. Zatarin saw where it had dived in, and expecting it to still be there he took off running before jumping and landing on his knees. He reached in to the snow but the Silver was gone. Zatarin lifted his face mask and sniffed at the snow. He accidentally sucked snow up his nose and sneezed.

"Where did you go..." He questioned. Soon after, the Silver popped up in another spot. Zatarin saw it and chucked. "Is this some sort of game? I don't usually like games." He let out a soft growl and tried to pounce on it again, but he ended up falling on his side clumsily instead. The Silver stared at him before chirping softly and inching towards him cautiously. Zatarin blinked rapidly and grinned at the small monster. "If you bite me, you're dead." The Silver froze up and looked over towards a fallen tree. It chirped again and darted over to the tree as if it wanted Zatarin to follow.

Zatarin let out a snort before he made his way to his feet and stood up. There was a large print left in the snow from where he had been. "What do you want? You're too small to fetch an entire tree, you know?" Zatarin followed the Silver without much caution. The small monster was not much to fear to him. The Silver flicked its long, whip-like tail and started to dig at the ground near the tree. "What, is something under there?" Zatarin pressed his paws against the tree and the Silver backed up as if waiting expectantly. "I might be strong, but I'm not lift an entire tree strong." Zatarin looked at the Silver. "I doubt you understand a word I'm saying." He shrugged and faced the tree before trying to push it.

It didn't budge at all. The snow around it only helped hold it in place. Zatarin backed away from the tree and placed a paw to his chin. "I don't think I can move it, sucks for you." Zatarin looked to the Silver again and it was staring at him with big sad eyes as if begging. Zatarin ended up laughing at its face. "Is a monster really going to give me that face? You might be smaller and a bit cuter than some, but you're still a monster. What do you expect me to do?" Zatarin crossed his arms and the Silver whined at him. It flicked its tail and flung snow at Zatarin.

"I don't think that's a proper ice attack, lizard breath." Zatarin looked at the tree again in thought. "I have one other idea, but it might end badly." Zatarin moved further away and the Silver followed him closely. "I'll just...Blast it." Zatarin touched the earth amulet attached to the chest of his armor and the ground began to shake. The Silver looked around frantically and moved closer to Zatarin. Chunks of earth floated up from the ground and began to slam in to the tree, dirt and snow flying about. The Silver let out a screech of panic.

Eventually it all stopped. The fallen tree not only was moved, but had bark stripped away and was broken. The sight of a hole could be seen that was once under the tree. The Silver scurried over and looked inside the hole. "Now, what was so important about this?" Zatarin watched the Silver. Soon, another Silver popped its head out of the hole. And then five more. Some of them were munching on infection plants which they held in their jaws. "Oh, great, there's more of you. Why are you...Eating those foul fungi? Where did you even get them?" The Silvers all looked at Zatarin and started chirping and squeaking before dropping their meal, piling out of the hole and running over to him. All seven surrounded him while making a racket.

"I didn't sign up for this." Zatarin gave the Silvers a funny look before they all started clinging on to him and trying to knock him over. "Hey, don't be picking a fight now!" He exclaimed before being knocked over in to the snow. The Silvers swarmed on top of him and pawed at his armor. The Silver Zatarin first encountered poked at his snout. Zatarin let out an exhausted sigh. "I'm not a jungle gym." Zatarin playfully snapped his jaw at the Silver poking his snout and it let out a surprised screech and fell over. "Why are you all even out here? Shouldn't you be, you know, in Tigereye? Not like you all can answer me."

The Silvers all perked their heads up and ran back to the hole and dived in. Zatarin blinked slowly before sitting upwards. After a moment they all scurried back out with more infection plants which they started munching on. "Did you just come here to eat those things?" As Zatarin asked that, one of the Silvers ran over with a plant in its mouth and it held it out at Zatarin expectantly. "...Oh, no, never. I'm not eating that. No. You eat it." Zatarin made a fake gagging sound and the Silver looked confused. It then just tried shoving it in his mouth. "HEY, N-" When he opened his mouth to talk the Silver shoved the plant in and Zatarin bit down by mistake. With a disgusted look, he spit it out. "HOW CAN YOU EAT THAT?!" Zatarin frantically wiped his tongue off with his paws. "Thanks for the offer, but NO thank you." He said firmly before standing up. The Silver looked at the bitten plant on the ground before eating it instead.

"I'm leaving now, bye pests. Make sure not to bite anyone." Zatarin watched the one Silver rejoin the others. They shoved the remaining plants back in the hole and they all ran over to Zatarin and started to pile snow up together. "What now...Are you making a snowman? Looks more like a snow pancake." The Silvers ignored him and kept piling the snow up. "Fine, let me show you." Zatarin waved a paw at them to tell them to stop and he scooped the pile in to a ball shape slowly. The Silvers watched with curiosity. "And then you just...Roll it." He pushed the snowball and it rolled a short ways. The Silvers eyes lit up and they all excitedly started trying to roll it around.

"You're all like cats with a ball of yarn. I bet if I hadn't helped you all would be trying to eat me. Don't expect me to bring you all home or something, I'd never." Zatarin watched the Silvers as they kept pushing the snowball around erratically. They were managing to make it bigger at least. He made another ball of snow and started to roll it. "What am I, five suddenly? Why am I doing this?" Zatarin grumbled as he continued to roll the ball.

It didn't take long for it to get to a decent size. He looked away from what he was doing to see if the Silvers ruined theirs yet. Instead he sees a ball of snow that might be too big. "Whoa now, what have you all done? That's too big!" The Silvers looked at Zatarin and stopped pushing the snow around. "Too late now." Zatarin suppressed a laugh and picked up his ball of snow and made his way over to the Silvers. He then plopped it on the much larger ball. "Now we just need to...Make it look like something." Zatarin walked over to the remains of the fallen tree and snapped off two branches before walking back over. He stabbed the branches in the snowballs to make arms. "It's a fat faceless thing now, see?"

The Silvers started to chirp loudly and dig at the ground. One of them found a rock in the snow and held it up towards Zatarin. He slowly grabbed the rock and jammed it in the middle of the head of the snowman. "Now it has one eye, how tragic." The Silvers started to scoop snow up at the back of the snowman and trying to pack it down. It looked like a poorly made tail. Zatarin looked at what the Silvers did and nodded. "Yes, good job. You know what a tail is. What a hideous snow monster." Zatarin smirked and the Silvers all ran off suddenly. "Huh, where are you going?" They didn't seem like they were coming back. Zatarin stood there for a short while before figuring that out. He didn't see a reason to go look for them, so he decided to make his way home.

The next day, there were poorly made snowmen all over town and even outside it. Perhaps teaching monsters to make snowmen was a bad idea.
31 Jan 2019, 8:05 pm
theme: deck the halls (lobsters)
words: 1007
villagers: lobster, cardinal, vladimir

Deck the Lobsters

"I now pronounce you... Lobster and Lobster," Beatrice (Lobster 1) declared.

Cardinal (Lobster 2) gave her a questioning look while Vladimir (Lobster 3) looked on in silence. "Cool..." He shuffled his paws in the snow and shivered. Freezing rain began that morning before sunrise. Now, the snow had a fine sheet of ice over it, with clumsy holes punched in its surface from their trek over.

"Now," Beatrice began, looking between the two. "We must build the Lobster before sundown as we discussed earlier. I would love to be of help with my ten arms, however I lack, well, flexibility and sculpting power."

"Right..." Cardinal barely remembered what she was talking about. The discussion happened in a tired haze the night they arrived in Tigereye Peak. They had travelled all night from Quetzal Palace with no breaks, courtesy of Vladimir's grueling travel ethic. Cardinal craved the solace of the gentle arms of sleep as they set foot upon the snowy, mountainous expanse at the ripe hour of 4:30AM. Apparently, Beatrice suggested they dedicate the winter holidays to the brilliance that is the humble Lobster. Nephropidae. Homaridae. Large Marine Crustaceans. It had sounded fun to him, probably. He couldn't recall.

"So you want us to create this lobster statue... in the freezing rain?" Cardinal gave Beatrice another look of dismay. It had begun to trickle and he was NOT feelin' it anymore. He looked to Vladimir for backup, but the angel dragon gave him a shrug and shoved his arms into the snow. Sure, okay. Fine. ".... I am never agreeing to your suggestions again, Beatrice."

Beatrice lunged forward, holding a claw up to Cardinal's chest. "You must refer to me as Lobster, Lobster!" Cardinal rolled his eyes and sighed. It was going to be a long day.

Cardinal knew he wouldn't be able to escape his lobster statue building duties until it was complete, no matter how close to frost bitten his appendages became (thank the Serpent for fur) so he followed Vladimir's lead. Vladimir had begun sculpting the body by rolling a large cylinder in the snow. Under the thin layer of ice the snow was soft and malleable. Its weight and stickiness made it perfect for sculpting. Cardinal hurried up to Vladimir, assisting in pushing the now enormous snow blob into Beatrice's indicated position. She led them in as if directing the Serpent to land. At least she pretended to be useful.

After getting the body into place, Cardinal took it upon himself to begin detailing it to be more... lobstery. He scraped away chunks of snow with his paws to base it on Beatrice's appearance. Vladimir came back shortly to add thinner, long snow chunks for the legs. Cardinal fastened them with—you guessed it—snow. The body was coming together quite well. And quite large. Somehow it managed to tower about 4 feet tall.

"Do you want to work on the tail or the head?" Vladimir asked as they attached the final walking leg (claw legs would come later).

"Does it matter...?" Cardinal leaned against the body to catch his breath.

"Not really, no, but I thought you liked the illusion of choice," Vladimir paused. "I will do the tail. Have fun sculpting the mouth."

Cardinal slowly sank into the snowy abyss. The mouth... the strangest part of a lobster. The rest of it would be rather easy to make. Their body structure was not very complicated, though the mouth attempted to test that notion. "Ugh," He groaned, accepting his fate of lobster mouth parts carver and began working on the head. At least Beatrice was there for reference.

The sun had barely dipped under the horizon by the time Cardinal and Vladimir finished their sculpting task. At some point during the ordeal Beatrice had disappeared. Cardinal almost screamed in frustration, but stopped himself when he figured he could punch her when they got inside later. Unfortunately, the punching never came as she returned just after they finished the carving, abundance of decorations in tow.

"Our creation is not complete without tinsel, garland aaaaand... ornaments." She dumped the items in front of the other two. If lobsters could smile, she would be grinning. "Hop to it, lobster friends! Sundown is barely upon us. There is still time!"

Decorating the lobster was much like decorating a tree. Except there was less pine and less paw pricking, so it was a step above. The rain throughout the day had frozen on the sculpture, making it solid enough to not crumble under its weight. Fantastic. Cardinal hung the garland upon the legs and body while Vladimir stuck various ornaments on the head. The tail was then tinseled aggressively. Everything was either gold or silver, so they matched well. Vladimir placed the last bit of tinsel upon the tail and stood back to admire their teamwork. Cardinal gazed on in relief. Finally. Over. Save him.

"Not done yet, boys!" Beatrice interrupted their beautiful moment. Cardinal wanted to cry. "We just have one more step to do..." She trailed off and then pulled out a long string of lobster shaped lights with a VERY long extension cord... They had not been in the pile of decorations earlier. Cardinal narrowed his eyes. To his relief, Beatrice stepped forward and managed to attach the lights to the snow lobster herself. She looked to them briefly before flipping the switch.

The brilliant lights glittered off the surfaces of the ornaments, reflecting the many colors of the mini lobsters. Cardinal stood frozen, awestruck. The lights seemed to dance across the surfaces, even reflecting off the snow. The fresh ice glistened with vibrant colors. The light was not blinding; it was like twinkling stars within a cloudless sky of snow.

"Was it worth it, Lobster?" Beatrice asked Cardinal smugly. Vladimir chuckled to his side, having thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Cardinal turned to her with a smile. Sure, his ears, paws, and tail were nearly frozen, but the sight before him was enough to make up for it. "Yeah, I guess it was."
31 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm
I have another entry cuz why not?
Its for Toasty Beverage:
-----------------------------------------------
Cinnamon the red panda stared up at the giant Christmas tree, her paws stuffed in her puffy coat. She put her head down against the snow and walked to her favorite coffee shop. Glancing at her watch, she pulled open the door. “Mornin’, Cinnamon.” Kiki the cat called from the counter. She passed Cinnamon a cup of hot cocoa before rushing to the back.

Cinnamon plopped down at a chair and pulled open her computer. She had a report to finish before heading to school, TUF (Technology University of Furvilla). She tapped the last few lines of her report and checked the time
9:00

“I’m late for class!” Cinnamon yelped, jumping up and snapping her computer shut. “See ya later, Kiki!”

Cinnamon bolted out of the coffee shop and dashed down the street. She crammed her stuff in her backpack as she ran, not paying attention to where she was going.

WHAM!

She collided with a small border collie carrying a box of hot cocoa mix. Cinnamon fell, her stuff scattered, and her up of cocoa fell and spilled. “No, no, no… I don’t have time for this…” Cinnamon muttered as she grabbed all her papers and shoved them into her bag. The border collie handed Cinnamons computer to her. “Sorry!” she whimpered. She looked at the spilled hot cocoa and gave another quiet whimper. “Oh, this is all my fault!” The dog groaned. Cinnamon. Grabbed the computer and stuck it in her bag. “It’s okay…” She said with a smile.

The border collie looked up. ”Here…” she said, handing Cinnamon a jar of hot cocoa. “Lemme make it up to you. My name is Taffy. I-I make hot cocoa and sell it to make money for my family.” Cinnamon took the jar. It was filled to the brim with powdered hot cocoa. “I made it. You just add milk or water.” Taffy said, standing up. Cinnamon smiled. “Thank you. My name is Cinnamon. I’m guessing I will see you here again?” Taffy wagged her tail and nodded. “Hope you like it!” She said before running off. Cinnamon sighed and checked her watch.

9:30

Peachy. Just what I need today. She thought, running off to the university.
After a long day of coding, science, and math classes, Cinnamon finally flopped down on her couch in her apartment. She cradled the jar of cocoa in her paws. I have milk… maybe I can make some… She thought, standing up and going to her mini-fridge. She pulled it open and grabbed a milk carton. She poured some into a cup and popped it into the microwave. The microwave dinged after about a minute, and Cinnamon poured some of the cocoa mix Taffy gave her in, topped it with whipped cream, and took a sip.

It was like a dream.

It was the best cup of hot cocoa Taffy had ever tasted. It warmed her body and filled her with a feeling of happiness and comfort. Cinnamon closed her eyes and smiled.
Hot cocoa was the best.
--©Licensed Furry®--
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌█