make it or commission it? (fursuit)

29 Dec 2018, 9:43 am
Hello! So, I really want to have a fursuit of one of my fursonas Goldie (basic plain golden retriever) But I don't know if I should make him or buy him. He was made as an experimental fursona for me to make but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm saving up for furcon fiesta and antrocon so I'm lost... Thank you!

30 Dec 2018, 8:15 am
Bump
30 Dec 2018, 8:21 am
It really depends on what you want to take away from the experience! Did you want to learn the craft to continue working on suits for yourself and for others? Or did you just prefer having this one suit? Would you invest in the materials needed to craft a suit? Or would you be willing to pay in full to have someone else do it for you? In my experience, it's much cheaper to make your own suit! But you have to factor in the time you will need to put in to make it, plus your level of experience won't be as high as someone who does suit commissions for a living.
8609c68fefbe8e1661bc1f40cd4e56ee.png
-furry -artist -crafter -animator
30 Dec 2018, 8:36 am
It really depends on what you want to take away from the experience! Did you want to learn the craft to continue working on suits for yourself and for others? Or did you just prefer having this one suit? Would you invest in the materials needed to craft a suit? Or would you be willing to pay in full to have someone else do it for you? In my experience, it's much cheaper to make your own suit! But you have to factor in the time you will need to put in to make it, plus your level of experience won't be as high as someone who does suit commissions for a living.
okay, thank you! I'll make one then! After all, why let the tutorials I watched be worthless. Also, I do want to try and make good fursuits so I can sell them!