Can't Settle On A Fursona

27 Apr 2019, 6:09 pm
Hello everyone,

So, as the title states, I just can't settle on a fursona, even on a species for that matter... I'm really angry at myself for being so inconstant, I literally can't keep a character for more than a few weeks or a few months if I'm lucky (a few days at worst) and I'm really tired of it... I tried to make yet another fursona today by mixing different species together but as fun as it was it just didn't click.

It would be easier if the (numerous) species I've used over the years were close, but some of them couldn't be further apart... I'll name the ones I remember: bear, cat, lion, cow, goat, sheep, monkey, stoat, tanuki, dragon, deer, reindeer, mouse, dormouse, rabbit, tiger, dog (specifically Corgi), spotted hyena, whale shark, seal, shark (great white I think), dolphin, Triceratops, T-Rex, crocodile, bat, hippopotamus and probably some more, not counting mythological beings like centaurs, werewolves, vampires, lamias, fauns, and the like. You can see from this list why I'm angry at myself.

So, what should I do? Still try to settle on a species? Just go "screw it" and make a shapeshifter? I really need advice...
Please ping me if you want to be sure I answer.

My FA
My FR

12 May 2019, 12:14 pm
Have you thought of which animal in the real and mythological realms is your favourite? Do you have an animal that you feel especially close to? Try mulling it over in your mind, or write it out on paper, or on a document. Don't stress over it too much either.
Me: I think I live on a cloud.
Ana: You live on a dragon's back!
13 May 2019, 1:05 am
Boris First thank you for answering, and well I know that the animals I've used the most were lion, bear, cat and dragon, which are all among my favorites. I know people have been associating me with bears since I was in elementary school so I think that's part of why I love them and have been using one for a while.

I also know that for some reason I'm really attracted to the word cub, and even though I hate children my maternal instinct goes right through the roof when I see bear cubs or lion cubs. I used the cat when I was little because I was exposed to them a lot and Zoey/Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew was my favorite character. My best friend thinks felines and bears are the animals that fit me most.

The lion is the animal I used the longest, 4 years, but when I rediscovered a show and made a fanfic about it I used the main character of the fic who was part cat instead of my persona, and I wasn't able to go back to it (my persona was a lion), I suspect it's because of my loss of self-confidence and the depression entering highschool caused me. What I know is that the lion felt right, and still does, since I'm starting to try to use one again, a friend knows about the fact that I'm troubled and told me it might help to regain my confidence to use my persona again or even just make a new one and make it a lion.

My FA
My FR

10 Jun 2019, 11:38 am (Edited 10 Jun 2019, 11:39 am)
If you do find it hard to decide, and it fits into the context of your fursona's "world", then a shapeshifter may be a viable option. I myself have several OCs who are shapeshifters. Otherwise, try to decide on an animal that holds meaning to you. (Like a spirit animal, Chinese zodiac, or favorite animal)
We must learn to think not in the absolutes of black and white, but rather in shades of grey.

Capricorn/Loves bees/Chaotic neutral (although i like to fancy myself a lawful/ALLIGATORS/halp I love food too much
-1 hour from Furvilla time
10 Jun 2019, 5:10 pm
Eikichi04 Thank you for answering.

She's very good at shapeshifting magic so she's technically a shapeshifter, but I prefer to keep her to just one animal. I tried a goat/Faun because I'm a Capricorn, a half-Eastern half-Western dragonsona because I'm a Dragon (Chinese Zodiac), but it just didn't work out. As mentioned in my previous post, the lion is the one I've used the most, for over 4 years (including several months between last year and this year), and I'm currently using one.

It just feels right, kind of like "it's good to be back", using one again. I don't know, I've just always loved them, and it felt good to be disguised as one for Halloween (mask, fur sleeves, tail and claws (my nails)). I really hope to be able to remain one, and to be proud (heh) of myself once more.

My FA
My FR

10 Jun 2019, 5:23 pm
Could I suggest a hybrid between the animals you can't choose between?
My pride sona, Ace, is a mix between, bat, dog, ram, raptor and cat because choosing one is hard and if done well, hybrids look quite nice!
If not shapeshifter could work well! My main sona is a shapeshifter herself, but she only has two forms, her main form (pegasus) and her dragon form, plainly because i didn't want two separate character.
Even if you can't stay with just one, there's no harm in having more than one fursona and switching between them as you see fit!

7uVClUu.gif
*•.¸♡ ΩSky|She/Her|ENFP|HufflepuffΩ ♡¸•*

5ERwB.gif
11 Jun 2019, 7:54 am
MissPinkDragon Thank you for answering.

Well, as I said in the first post, I tried that but I didn't like it. Maybe because it looked more like a hyena/bat/rat hybrid than anything, when I wanted it to not look like one animal specifically.

My old sona was a shapeshifter as well, going from a girl with lion ears, tail and paws, to an anthro lioness with a red mane, to another creature inspired by the fire sprites in Chain Chronicles because I loved that game, to a blue dragon girl, but the first two were her main forms. I really want to use her again because I loved drawing her different forms.

My FA
My FR