Serious question

10 Jul 2019, 1:40 am
If a furry baked something how much fur would get in the dough? Would there be pieces of fur in all the food?

10 Jul 2019, 1:40 am (Edited 10 Jul 2019, 1:41 am)
Probably.
Their digestion systems have adapted to accompany all of the fur.
YZEBX.gif 4181ubNbEhfJumk5QU5-sm.png
13 Jul 2019, 8:18 am
Full-body hairnet.
pronouns: he/him/his
looking for painties like mine? my shop is SWEET Redux
17 Jul 2019, 4:29 pm
it depends if they shed or not, but my guess is probably
female,she/her, straight, 13years old, furry,

warning: be carful when talking to me about warrior cats or TMNT2012, due to exessive nonstop talking, procede with caution :3
17 Jul 2019, 4:30 pm
Depends on species
and
Depends on how they shed.
17 Jul 2019, 4:59 pm
Do Scalies spread salmonella in all the food they make?
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
17 Jul 2019, 5:28 pm
I imagine most would wear gloves, both furries and scalies, if not to prevent fur from getting into the baked goods but also to keep things out of their fur. If they're working with like a dough however if they're working with utensils or something of the like I think if they would just shower and brush before hand to dislodge any loose fur then they should be good?
17 Jul 2019, 5:54 pm (Edited 17 Jul 2019, 6:01 pm)
I think we should try to think about a world through the eyes of a society comprised entirely of furred people. Humans aren't covered in shedding hair, so we just wear hair nets, but this would probably be a legit problem for professional food-preparers in this world. No one's gonna want hair in their food even if it's a more common problem.

Maybe they have special cooking hair-gel that keeps their fur in place before they start cooking. Like you just totally oil yourself up like a greaser. Like others said there's probably other measures like giving yourself a good brushing or showering before cooking, and wearing long gloves at all times! In any case, if there's hair clumps in the food... I'd think that'd be a bit of a hygiene problem. These are sapient animals who can freely groom themselves every morning, they don't have to shed freely like your common pet husky because they're not waiting on a human to come and give 'em a good brushing. It's probably part of daily routine.

OH ALSO I saw a concern about salmonella. That wouldn't be a concern in sapient animals unless you're taking about a SUPER filthy person. Salmonella lives in the intestinal track of birds and reptiles- the same way we as mammals have our own gut flora. If salmonella was on a lizard's hands, it means they haven't washed their hands since they last had a bowel movement. Another simple hygiene problem.

I mean not that humans would be able to live in FV world without getting HELLA sick LMAO salmonella isn't the only disease these animals would carry, even at the cleanest of times. Animal Crossing too. If we teleported over to FV or AC we would fucking die bro

EDIT: MY FRIEND IS A GENIUS

Most fur that falls in would probably come from sudden turns, or wisps of fur that fell into a pot or pan while you're not looking. Cooking lids would probably be far more of a staple in a furry world like this.

In addition, perhaps they've developed little static-cling cooking sheets. A little piece of paper that attracts hair that they can just pass over the food that attracts little loose hairs that may have fallen into the dish.

I think you can get really creative if you start trying to imagine what a sapient furry race might do to combat the problem. Necessity is the mother of invention.
gazimchamp
17 Jul 2019, 6:39 pm
They prefer hiring Sphynxes and mole rats as cooks.
Oh no, no more advertisements