Pet art - Quail!

21 Jul 2019, 8:00 am
Item Order: Pet Art (set of 4)
Item Description: I'd really like a series of quail. I love all quail, so in the interest of having the different rarities look different enough, here are the four species of quail that I'd like to use: Scaled Quail, California Quail, King Quail (extra small!) and the Harlequin Quail (AKA Montezuma Quail). An image search or wikipedia in any of those names will yield lots of reference photos, far more than I could post here, but let me know if you want something specific.
Item Name: Scaled Quail, California Quail, King Quail and Harlequin Quail.
Item Text:
Scaled Quail: You can tell by the head floof why it's also called a cottentop.
California Quail: Despite their habitat, does not know how to surf.
King Quail: Their chicks are the size of fluffy bumblebees. Lethal levels of cute, keep at your own risk.
Harlequin Quail: Looks ready for a masquerade ball!

Price: $65

The default of having them available from the Recycler is fine by me. :)

Other stuff: I'd like to offer a $15 tip Shroomy because their stuff is great. :) Also if anyone has better ideas for item text, please, feel free to suggest things! I'm having a bit of writer's block.

So there's a little story behind my quail obsession - this part isn't actually relevant to the item order but might be amusing: My mom had an aviary for awhile that included a pair of King Quail (nicknamed button quail for their tiny size, although a buttonquail is a totally different bird). They surprised everyone by hatching a clutch of eggs. The babies are about the size of bumblebees, and are a precocious species (that means they're fluffy like chicken chicks and can walk and peck for themselves as soon as they are dry). And you can hold an entire clutch in your two hands and it's so darn cute I could die. ::D Well, the smallest baby actually fell out between the bars repeatedly, and when my dad found her outside for the third time, shivering because she couldn't get back to her siblings, he brought her inside and I hand-raised her. Her name was Peep and she had enormous personality. Their lifespan is only about three years and it about broke me when I lost her (thankfully at a very elderly age for her kind). She had no fear, no idea what a predator was... she'd follow you down the hall, sample my mom's hot cereal (all grain so perfectly healthy for a quail). I had a reptile "warm rock" in her enclosure, because the King Quail is native to a very warm climate. She would sleep on it. Once I freaked out thinking something was wrong with her because I found her lying on her back on it - but she was just suuuuper relaxed and confused that I interrupted her nap. XD
tl;dr - my quail was my baby and now I'm semi-obsessed with quail. They are the best.

21 Jul 2019, 8:06 pm
Thursdayschild Brilliant! I love quails! They are such lovely round birbs!
If you need absolutely anything at all, please don't be afraid to ask!
Nn8aC2U.png| ToS | Rules | File a Report | Contact Staff | 4Dj7ASJ.png
Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom, mushroom.
21 Jul 2019, 8:27 pm (Edited 21 Jul 2019, 8:28 pm)
471690.jpg

We raised quail chicks in my second grade classroom so seven year old me is bouncing up and down. Even now I absolutely love them, and it’s great to see them around!
21 Jul 2019, 8:38 pm
"fluffy bumblebees" Yes.

Please let me know about all insect/arachnid adoptables <3
22 Jul 2019, 12:29 pm
Yes! I love my state bird, they're so cute!
tumblr_pjdta5FzHr1wf56zyo6_r1_400.png
[: Athena || AroAce || Art for Amethystine Materials :]
[: Icon by jakdacrowe :]
22 Jul 2019, 12:41 pm (Edited 22 Jul 2019, 12:41 pm)
There used to be a bunch of quail by my house but sadly, the dogs chased them away.
2j4pxsg.png by my buddy MariahKat
Pronouns: your highness, your majesty and angry vern.
(Any pronouns really)
pOHnn.gif GVNAE.gif pcmR1.gif
22 Jul 2019, 4:18 pm
Quail are absolutely adorable, looking forward to collecting these when they get added!
UKsyafQ.png
23 Jul 2019, 12:50 am
Oh you know I support this 100%.
nUc82zF.png

24 Jul 2019, 3:08 am
Heheh I am proud to be the bringer of quail to Furvilla. XD

Just for fun, I'll link a picture of Peep, my pet "button" quail (they call them that in the stores because they are smol but technically they are properly called King Quail or Chinese Painted Quail).

Peep in my hand!
25 Jul 2019, 11:59 pm
I have a great need to collect thousands of quails. XD
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
26 Jul 2019, 1:50 pm
Thursdayschild Please PM me to proceed with your order, thanks!
MD4g0sv.png
♥ ADMIN-MAT ♥