Unofficial Ocean Dome Event Discussion Thread

24 Aug 2019, 3:31 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2019, 5:04 pm)
Hello and welcome to the Unofficial Ocean Dome Event Discussion Thread!
I didn't see an official one up yet, so I thought Eh lets just slap this one on up here.

So what are your thoughts on the event this year? The changes? The new Villager colors? Etc?
Likes? Criticisms?

So far personally I'm really liking it. I do miss the Pirate VS Vikings theme and find the Dream theme a little odd but hey its fun so I don't care. XD

I got blessed RGN the first hour I played and bad RGN the second.
(70 cards vs 3 cards.)
So RGN has a good hand in this, best of luck everyone!

I wish the new villager colors were clickable to see the full sized image, I can't really tell if I like them or not when they are so sooooo tiny. I think I do like them all though.

The Battle area I'm a little confused on. It drops some items like seamonster tails that I'm not sure what to do with? Are these just OD items? Or do I need them for something?

SO ELATED that there IS going to be a shop this year!

A Quote from Admin-Wisteria
Just to quickly clarify a couple things:

Exploration fragments start at ~60% every 2 hours (per explore), and decay 1% for each map you acquire, to a minimum of 1%.

Warrior battlegrounds have a flat 5% drop-rate on map fragments per battle (in either ground).
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png

24 Aug 2019, 3:41 pm
I like the event so far! I'm getting a decent drop of fragments. The reels are nice (no spoilers here but I like them). Luckily that's the only thing we need to craft items, so while the warrior career will drop fragments and other stuff, the other stuff is just for sale/crafting ordinary stuff, which I like.

Holy cow tails though, the Under the Sea area is HARD. Tranquility I can do like 7 attacks against and then I get one-shot'd. The Leodon is challenging. The others I can take. The lesser ones I do just fine on but the fragments for warrior seem to be on the uncommon side. I've only done it maybe 3 times though so my experience may just be unlucky.
17718009_gBy2gP2JgrZvxVh.png
24 Aug 2019, 3:44 pm
I like the event so far! I'm getting a decent drop of fragments. The reels are nice (no spoilers here but I like them). Luckily that's the only thing we need to craft items, so while the warrior career will drop fragments and other stuff, the other stuff is just for sale/crafting ordinary stuff, which I like.

Holy cow tails though, the Under the Sea area is HARD. Tranquility I can do like 7 attacks against and then I get one-shot'd. The Leodon is challenging. The others I can take. The lesser ones I do just fine on but the fragments for warrior seem to be on the uncommon side. I've only done it maybe 3 times though so my experience may just be unlucky.

I've gone in the lesser area about 40 times and the 'greater' area around 25 times. I think I've gotten 3 fragments in total from the battlegrounds so far. So it does seem pretty rare. XD
Maybe the drop rate will improve later on or maybe it's just some bad luck in RGN for me.
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
24 Aug 2019, 3:48 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2019, 3:49 pm)
I really like the new villagers! In fact, I liked that fisherman osprey so much that I decided I wanted to remove the festival elements... Two long hours later, it was done! I'm actually super happy how it came out, though someone better at mimicking Kiwi's colouring probably could have done a better job. If anyone wants to use it as a paintie or anything, feel free to! Just credit me

Maybe I'll curse myself some more and do the same with some other fest chibis I like

Edit: I've juST NOTICED A BLACK SPOT ON THE WING AND IT'S SO ANNOYING
ONgwqjm.pngLucky|Any pronouns|+6 FV time|Toyhouse|DeviantArtl4QrVav.png
y6tun3h5OPx7p1.png
24 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm
The rng doesn't seem to be the problem when it comes to explorations! From what I can tell everyone gets way more fragments the first hour they explore, then less, then more. I'm not 100% sure why
9438655_ppGnaXaUcKK3veC.gif
24 Aug 2019, 3:53 pm
I wish the new villager colors were clickable to see the full sized image, I can't really tell if I like them or not when they are so sooooo tiny. I think I do like them all though.

Kiwi has a Google drive with all the high res villagers! You can see all the chibis here!
ONgwqjm.pngLucky|Any pronouns|+6 FV time|Toyhouse|DeviantArtl4QrVav.png
y6tun3h5OPx7p1.png
24 Aug 2019, 4:50 pm
Were there two starter boats to choose from? I only saw one and didn't want the pirate ship .-.
gIhJQDV.gif
ukF7ngY.pngNsrhtqF.pngolPimSM.jpg
24 Aug 2019, 4:51 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2019, 4:51 pm)
Were there two starter boats to choose from? I only saw one and didn't want the pirate ship .-.

There's only one ship this year.
24 Aug 2019, 4:53 pm
Just to quickly clarify a couple things:

Exploration fragments start at ~60% every 2 hours (per explore), and decay 1% for each map you acquire, to a minimum of 1%.

Warrior battlegrounds have a flat 5% drop-rate on map fragments per battle (in either ground).
24 Aug 2019, 4:53 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2019, 4:54 pm)
The rng doesn't seem to be the problem when it comes to explorations! From what I can tell everyone gets way more fragments the first hour they explore, then less, then more. I'm not 100% sure why

Most events seem to work roughly this way! Your odds of getting the thing go down each time you get one, and it resets every two hours. I don't know if the exact percentages are the same this time, but here's an example of how it worked for fairies during the snowfest:
Fairies are obtained from the Explore career, and begin with a 20% drop rate, decreasing by 1% with every fairy found to a 1% drop rate. This resets at the beginning of every even numbered hour.

edit: ninja'd by Wisteria XD
xKSncrg.png
24 Aug 2019, 5:15 pm
I only found 3 sky rocks when I go to the ship, so, I wanted to ask, it is bad RNG or you can only get sky rocks there?
24 Aug 2019, 5:18 pm
Admin-Wisteria can we get a baseline on if just the higher battleground drops the shinies (crystals/im assuming equipment, food) or if the lower one can as well.
<3
24 Aug 2019, 5:22 pm
I'm a big fan of the dream theme this year! I especially love the whale ship, it looks awesome. I think that the changes made to the 'x ship part upgrade' recipes was a good step forward. Instead of having huge amounts of different materials to collect for the upgrades, we have a few simple reagents that can be gathered from the maps and combined to form the upgrades. I also like how the same reagents are used for the higher tier upgrades, since last year I kept getting the reagents for the lower tier upgrades instead of the higher tier upgrades I needed. The map simplification into two routes of "Treasure" and "Ship materials" is also excellent and a huge improvement from the old maps, where we had a bunch of confusing and not really intuitive options to choose from.

Overall, I'm really pleased by the 2019 Oceandome event so far! I think I'll be able to upgrade my ship to the final version for the first time this year. I do hope we will have some buttons in the event shop this year though (I haven't seen any buttons in the August New Items thread)
UKsyafQ.png
24 Aug 2019, 5:23 pm
Alterial

You'll need to upgrade the ship to start finding treasure with it!

melodys_angel

The higher battleground has two exclusive drops - Poisonous Seaweed & Tarnished Barnacle Blade; these drop from the boss monsters unique to the higher battleground.

Neither of these items will be overly expensive in the plunder points shop, and drop rates are more or less the same across both battlegrounds beyond that.
24 Aug 2019, 5:26 pm
Admin-Wisteria *hugs* ty for that information <3 Im slightly less stressed now since my crafter is also the only warrior that can take on the higher battleground ^^'
<3
24 Aug 2019, 5:26 pm
I think this years festival is a huge improvement from last years! I do miss the Pirate vs Viking, but hey, you win some, you lose some.

I love how the wheels were split up. I remember last year I kept getting angry, because I practically got no treasure whatsoever. Now, I don't have to worry about it. The magic stones look lovely, and I'm probably gonna collect one of each, along with the treasure pieces just to put them in my gallery lol.
❊|| She/Her | Pisces | FlightRising ||❊
14343955_Z1Vrtg02Kc87Vbn.gif
24 Aug 2019, 5:34 pm
my crafter doesn't have the recipes how do I get them?
AQdB2tQ.png

5f6EkWz.jpg

Need my attention? Please Ping Me!
24 Aug 2019, 5:35 pm

Mine didn't either. You can buy the recipes in the Recycle Shop for like 1 point apiece.
24 Aug 2019, 5:42 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2019, 5:50 pm)
i rather like the adventure wheels. it is more unique than just follow the map and find parts/treasure. we even get a little lore in one of these reels
Pronouns: your highness, your majesty and angry vern.
(Any pronouns really) gcI2R.gif M7o9W.gif 8zIqT.gif 2r6oP.gif
24 Aug 2019, 5:52 pm
I'm loving it so far, getting so much treasure. I'm excited to see everything in the shop to get.
pet_16285238_shop_2.png Please click my pet

dwTP4Bj.png swkZXjI.png
24 Aug 2019, 6:26 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2019, 6:27 pm)

From The news

"Ready to get started with your treasure hunting? Get your Crafter set as your active, and head on over to the event page and pick a boat!

"- If you didn't set a Crafter before selecting a boat and do not have the recipes as a result, they can be bought at The Recycling Shop"
24 Aug 2019, 7:12 pm
Okay so to verify....we cant have the whale ship? I was kinda looking forward to the whale ship. Don't get me worng, I'm still excited for the event (though I'm a little late on getting in on it). Had to paint my younger sisters room and help put together a bed frame.
Live! Laugh! Love like crazy!
Most importantly, be kind to one another~

You can find me on FR and Eld as RaeDirynt, CS as ColonelCookie!
"We're All Mad Here~"
chester_by_alewolf-dbrc45a.png
MY HERO ACADEMIA TRASH
24 Aug 2019, 7:19 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2019, 7:22 pm)
Okay so to verify....we cant have the whale ship? I was kinda looking forward to the whale ship. Don't get me worng, I'm still excited for the event (though I'm a little late on getting in on it). Had to paint my younger sisters room and help put together a bed frame.

The sunken ship is to be upgraded with the items you can craft (rudder wheel, mast, rudder, anchor, sail) once you have a first set of upgraders, go to your ship to upgrade.
The last stage will be the haunted ship

Edit:
First you gotta craft the sunken items set, and upgrade.
Then the whale items, and upgrade (ship will be a whale!)
Then the haunted items and upgrade (wip will be the haunted one)

Plunder will be better each upgrade.
24 Aug 2019, 7:29 pm
Alekzy <3 much thanks!!
Live! Laugh! Love like crazy!
Most importantly, be kind to one another~

You can find me on FR and Eld as RaeDirynt, CS as ColonelCookie!
"We're All Mad Here~"
chester_by_alewolf-dbrc45a.png
MY HERO ACADEMIA TRASH
24 Aug 2019, 7:48 pm (Edited 24 Aug 2019, 7:49 pm)
I don’t understand what there is to the event except collecting sky rocks from my level 0 ship. There are none of the materials I need to upgrade it available on the stalls, and I can’t figure out how to get stones.

Edit: not tryna sound hateful or anything, I just don’t understand. Also, love the new stone idea and the ocean Dreams colors!!