The Aercid (Closed Species)

5 Apr 2020, 3:31 pm (Edited 29 May 2020, 3:25 pm)
HomePre-madesPinglistT.O.SLoreEvents and Happenings

You find yourself on some sort of cloud, with no memory of how you got there in the first place. Not knowing what to do, you walk blindly forward and accidentally walk into some sort of creature- it 's tall, fluffy, and is quite apologetic that it had bumped into you. They walk away, nearly falling as they turn a corner and using their wings to avoid walking any longer. Shrugging, you continue walking and find another of these same creatures approaching you.
22206748_JWrmQRIwFNExbaG.gif
"Welcome, loyal subject. I see you've made it to the home of the most intriguing species of all, the Aercid. We may be clumsy on the ground, buy I assure you we are quite the interesting bunch.
My name is Plasma. I am the king around these parts. My job is to make sure our humble home doesn't fall into anarchy. If you have any questions you can simply ask me or anybody else around here."

Plasma walks away and you're left to your own devices. It's not long before you stumble into another Aercid, who seems quite excited to see you.
21823527_a8HZcHUqEfJ16i0.gif
"H-hello there! My name is Morphie! I uh- don't recognize you. Are you new?"
You nod.
"O-oh! Well than welcome to Aerfeild, the main Cloudspace! This is kinda like the big city on Aniari."
You give Morphie a puzzled look.
"By the Mythics, you don't know what Aniari is? It's the planet you're on, silly!
You give a weak smile.
"Ah, whatever. If you'd like to follow me, I can show you some Aercid that are looking for new homes!" They start walking away and you follow.

5 Apr 2020, 3:33 pm (Edited 1 Jul 2020, 11:51 pm)

After a few minutes of walking down the 'road', Morphie stops and takes a sharp left into a large building.
"H-here we are! A place where Aercid go when they're looking for a new home.
They stumble a little on the steps and place their paw on a plate of some sorts next to the door, and it opens promptly.
"After you! Feel free to talk to anybody you see."
Morphie turns and sits at a desk with what looks something like a computer, and you go to talk to some of the Aercid, intrigued by this new place.

x1Mt8UV.png
Name: Gabriel
Role: Regular
Backstory: Gabriel grew up with everything handed to him on a silver platter. But than he lost it all. His parents perished when Hopeling invaded his cloudspace. But that pushed him onward to be a great flier in the Aerial Games. He competes against Lucifer and is a good sport about it.
Abilities: Plant growth and fast flight
Price: 400K FC/400 FD

24054709_roCWFvj09u86O3v.png
Name: Teria
Role: Regular
Backstory: Teria was once a normal Aercid, but when Hopeling attempted to capture him, his Last Resort activated. He has never been the same since. His family is hoping he will find somebody to bring him back or at least calm down his new destructive nature.
Abilities: Strength is amped up on steroids,
Price: 1M FC/1000 FD
Note: please only purchase if you're going to give him lore and treat him well :-: I don't want to see him rot and never have his story expanded upon. I may end up keeping him tbh

5 Apr 2020, 3:35 pm (Edited 29 May 2020, 3:33 pm)

After walking around and talking to some of the Aercid, you find a list on the desk that Morphie had sat by. They notice you looking at it and talk to you.
"That's the pinglist! When a new Aercid is looking for a home, these people get notified! Feel free to sign up."
Askata DimkaDimintriFeline CrispyCutie smolnfloofy Lab Ochela Korua wolfhound LuckyDragon NebulaGalaxy chiquitita123 Sdog88 Necroam Katthekit griffspeanutbutter raw_toasties dragonlover1089 Lord_King_Ferret
5 Apr 2020, 3:41 pm (Edited 29 May 2020, 3:33 pm)

You find a list right next to it. Seems like the terms of service.

~These are first come, first served. If somebody posts before you, they will receive the Aercid unless they back out/ I do not receive the payment within a week.
~I reserve all rights to this species. By buying one you are accepting that you cannot change its design, ear type, wing type, ect.
~I reserve the right to refuse sales.
~These are a closed species. You may not make one without my say-so or a MYO slot.
~You must credit me as the design and creator of the Aercid. DO NOT claim you made the design yourself (unless you did) OR you made the species. Stealing a species is a big old no-no.
~Do not create NSFW art of this species. Period. This includes fetish art. Go to church you filthy animal
~You may commission art of your character when bought. Do not do so if you have not yet recieved my post claiming it belongs to you now. The art may be digital or physical, such as a drawing or a handmade item. It is your character once you have paid for it. This includes body pillows, so long as they have no genitalia/nipples (see above).
~Please do not bug me or pressure me for events, more auctions, and the like. Doing so will make you be put on my personal blacklist for the entire site and I will avoid all contact with you.
~I reserve the right to allow somebody to change something about their Aercid, especially if they are a close friend. Do not turn into a two year old and throw a hissy-fit if and when I do this.
~You may change your Aercid's name without contacting me, but you may NOT change it to resemble a Mythic's. E.g naming an Aercid Under the Snow which Falls would not be allowed as it follows the preposition, article, verb/noun, ect. You could instead have the Aercid's name be something along the lines of Snowfall, Falling Snow, and the like, but no more than three words unless you get an approval from me.
~You can change the gender of your Aercid, no need to contact me,
5 Apr 2020, 3:42 pm (Edited 2 Jul 2020, 12:08 am)

After looking around for a while, you find a bookshelf with a title in a language you can't understand, opening it, it would appear that it is a book about the history of Aniari.

Roles and Their Meaning
Regular: Your average Aercid, created by two parents.
Experiment: An Aercid created entirely by Hopeling Corp. They were not kidnapped, they were created in Hopeling, not the wild.
Infusion: An Aercid who was kidnapped by Hopeling. Corp who escaped.
Savior: An Aercid created by one or more Mythic.
Mythic: Deities who created Aniari- they will most likely never be auctioned off (unless I get like a huge following but idk)

Creation
Aercids were created by four Mythics of Aniarium (Aniari):
After the Rain has Fallen (Rain), the sky Mythic.
When the Lava is Flowing (Lava), the fire Mythic.
Where the Sky meets the Sea (Sea), the water Mythic.
How the Seed grows Tall (Seed), the nature Mythic,

These Mythics were created when The First light, or as we know it, the Big Bang occured, The four somehow found one another and created a planet to call home (Aniari). Lava, Sea, and Seed all handeled what would be on the planet itself, while Rain made the sun and moon, making sure it was placed perfectally. The sun is named Helion, while the moon is called Lunit.

On this planet there were three creatures; the Foxaries, anidrake, and Aercid. Most early-era Aercids looks almost alike; two ears, the same exact wings, and so on with no variety. Seed called this out and the others realized she was correct and variety was needed. To solve this, they allowed the Aercid to have their own unique wings and ears- no two were alike. After making this small change, the Mythics decided their work finished and slept. For a while, everything was fine. The Aercid dominated both the food chain and the civilizations, everybody got along peacefully, and nothing too bad had happened to the planet itself.

Hope and Hopeling Corp.
Thanks to a small hiccup in the timeline, which we are unsure the cause of, a creature without a soul was born. This horrible fate befell a deer named Hope Dysling. Hope lived her whole life, including childhood, not understanding why she cared about nothing, didn’t feel anything. She didn't understand why everybody cared so much about everything, why people cried, why they laughed, why they fought. She killed her parents to feel something, anything, but nothing happened. She felt nothing. No remorse, no guilt, no sadness, no anything. She was indifferent.

After the death of her parents, she turned her house into a laboratory called Hopeling Corporation. Hope decided to create genetically modified berries, since taste was something she did feel, but still no happiness came from it. She started selling these berries and they were a huge success, so after receiving tons of pecun, or the native currency, she was able to make a gigantic laboratory with multiple rooms, mainly for berries.

However, she was curious what would happen if she started meddling with genetics in animals. She saw no reason why not to, so she started taking blood samples from different feral animals and even some from willing workers and herself. None of the Mythics had awoken yet. They would not awake until far later, after Morphie escaped.

The very first creation Hopeling Corp. made was believed to be Enigma, a mainly Aercid and kangaroo mix. It was a being made completely from scratch, not a being already born and created, they created the embryo and made a being directly from that. Once Enigma emerged from the chamber, it was used to gather other beings to use for more genetic projects. The project was overseen by Hope herself, but run by another (almost) soulless being, a cat called Rowan.

Rowan was a very smart and down-to-earth person, and he was eager to transfer over to modifying animal DNA, but that was the difference between him and Hope. He was eager. He felt things, he had emotions and knew the repercussions of his actions. He just had a good way of hiding it. After Enigma, Rowan worked on other projects including N-018, N-037, and N-040. (Morphie, Igne, and Realm) And was eventually made a co-owner along with Victoria.

Victoria was another cat, with a soul and passionate about her work. Arguably one of the kindest people at Hopeling, Victoria had most of her sights on the foxairies, another creature on Aniarium. (BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY FOR ANOTHER DAY SHHHH) She hated her experiments because they all "failed". She gets frustrated quite easily but if she is content with her experiments she is quite calm and easy to talk to.

The Hiding
Because Hopeling was such a large threat, the Aercid decided they needed to flee. Not to another planet, but to a safe zone. An unknown Aercid came up with the idea of creating large cities up in the clouds to protect themselves from Hopeling's evil grasp. Everybody agreed this would be best.
But how?
This is when the Flightstone was given. The Flightstone was a giant gemstone, a gift from the Mythics to the Aercid, able to keep entire cities in the air and moving with the clouds. But with this came a new problem- how to look like a cloud without being a cloud. Rukka, another Aercid, suggested that they use the cotton-like plant named micegri. Enough of this was gather to create a base for the city and it was lifted up into the sky via the flightstone. These cities were later named 'Cloudspaces' In these villages, structures range from homes to shop and even to schools as well as coliseums. Nobody except Gatherers leave the safety of the Cloudspace. They leave and return with materials, plants, and feral animals. These villages have plenty to do and are not lacking in activities. Some Aercid test their skills by competing in competitions. One of these competitions is the Aerial Games, where Aercid compete to see who is the fastest. Gabriel and Lucifer (Owned by Sdog88 ) are the two current champions.

Another competition is the Witch's Tournament, overseen by Lava himself. This does not meddle with the timeline and is thus allowed. In the Witch's Tournament, Ten adult Aercid are selected at complete random on the first of Juin (June). These ten Aercid, who are not gatherers are lucky enough to be let out from the safety of the Cloudspace to search for flowers, berries, and things of that sort. The one who impresses Lava the most is deemed the winner and granted a new trait of their choosing that would normally not be allowed. (E.g another set of wings, more tails, ect)

Rulers
After they had successfully fled, the Cloudspace needed a line of hierarchy, Rain modeled the Aur dynasty, or Gold dynasty. The current king is Plasma. He's a very mysterious being who appears seemingly out of nowhere on several occasions. Nobody is quite sure how long he's been king- everybody remembers him being king for as far back as it goes. Is he the first? Not likely. Is there something shady going on?
...what was I talking about?

Abilities
SPEED RUN EDITION
Super strength: Much strong
Glow: Patterns that can glow in low lighting
Light's Fire: Lighting powers
Futurevision: Ability to see in the future and, rarely, remove soul from body
Flamespark: Fire powers
Mindspeak: Mindreading and talking without talking
Leafsight: Nature powers
Spiritkin: GHOST POWERS MAN
Last Resort: A gene that makes an Aercid go insane in defense when activated, and there's no turning back once it's activated. Marked by inverted eyes.

5 Apr 2020, 3:44 pm (Edited 30 May 2020, 2:41 pm)

There's a what appears to be a bulletin board by the entrance of the building. You set the book down and walk over to it, but they aren't actual physical papers, rather holograms. For some reason they're in english, but if you turn your head in a certain way they glitch and revert back to the same language that was on the book, like when you're watching a 3D movie.

MYO event for pinglist peeps!
5 Apr 2020, 3:46 pm (Edited 30 May 2020, 1:35 pm)
Goals
Wait, how'd you find the secret post?!?! Whatever. So these are the goals for the species! :o Some may never happen, so their more like wishes. Some are also kinda personal goals relating to the species.
Have a fursuit of an Aercid exist ()
Develop the lore fully ()
Have the toyhou.se world have over 100 members ()
An Aercid that I do not own have over 50 pieces of art exist ()
Make a youtube channel (X)
Finish the art of the Mythics ()
Have somebody figure out the Aur lineage ()
Convince myself the species is original :-: ()
5 Apr 2020, 3:50 pm
Res
5 Apr 2020, 3:53 pm
Res
5 Apr 2020, 3:57 pm (Edited 6 Apr 2020, 11:26 pm)
Res
5 Apr 2020, 4:00 pm
Last res- you all can post now I guess
6 Apr 2020, 10:19 am
Woop! I LOVE THESE LITTLE BEANS
~~~^Alekzy needs your help!^~~~
Check Morphie's Aercids!
5pfM1fY.png
xSRsBu0.png
---
Owner of the closed species: Ficans, and Anunis!
6 Apr 2020, 1:13 pm
Askata Thanks <3 I might auction one off soon, want to be on the pinglist for that?
6 Apr 2020, 1:13 pm
Morphie HECK YEAHHH
Check Morphie's Aercids!
5pfM1fY.png
xSRsBu0.png
---
6 Apr 2020, 6:13 pm (Edited 6 Apr 2020, 7:58 pm)
Askata Emia is up for auction! Do you wish to be pinged at the auction start time?

QlLKzU6.png
Name: Emia
Height: 5'6
Nature: Calm, sweet
Ear type: Cat and lop bunny
Base price: 200K FC/200 FD
Auction start time: 4:00 FV time 4/10/20
Pings:
@/Askata
6 Apr 2020, 7:57 pm
O O F, I'm broke as hell, but maybe I'll bid once I got some money lol

I really love them though ;o
Check Morphie's Aercids!
5pfM1fY.png
xSRsBu0.png
---
6 Apr 2020, 7:59 pm
Askata Is that a no? You'll just simply get a ping when the auction starts- careful, it only lasts for 30 minutes! However, if nobody claims it, the auction will start up again.
6 Apr 2020, 8:00 pm
Oh! Sure thing then lol
Check Morphie's Aercids!
5pfM1fY.png
xSRsBu0.png
---
6 Apr 2020, 11:26 pm
TaurnSyn NeroMagnificus DimkaDimintriFeline Uendo Sloane13 Frostuma EternalSummer14 LuckyDragon

Apologies for the mass ping once more, but here is the new thread, replacing the Flaptors!
(Just in case you got lost in the move)
I'm hoping I'll see at least two of you on the pinglist for these cuties!
6 Apr 2020, 11:31 pm
I might make one based off of a cadbury egg.... lemme know if you'd like that e.e
6 Apr 2020, 11:51 pm
That sounds cool!
Lucky Midas Koi
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/109014-eteriasaibo-welcome-to-our-world
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/113453-nwws-art?page=1#2526285
I like Narwhals
7 Apr 2020, 9:20 am
I'd love to be added to the pinglist!!
banner_bb.png
7 Apr 2020, 10:41 am
DimkaDimintriFeline CrispyCutie Added! Thank you!
8 Apr 2020, 1:10 pm
Bump!