Ban List Suggestions

8 May 2020, 7:56 pm (Edited 9 May 2020, 6:23 am)
Hi there!

This forum is for posting suggestions regarding potential items to be banned from the standard PvP queue.

Please format your post by stating the name of the item you wish to discuss first, followed by your reasoning and then finally with any supporting information you'd like to include.

This is not a place to argue or debate other users. All comments should be directed to me specifically. Only items to be banned, and not tournament related mechanics, should be posted here.

Currently on consideration:
Abel's Folly
Fire Form Amulet
Lightning Form Amulet
Kitsune Spirit Amulet

Edit:
A possible consideration is banning all limited items.

The Icy Sword weapon has temporarily been banned as an example of the functionality.

9 May 2020, 2:53 am
Item: Faeli's Cursed Amulet

Reasoning: Too much healing when combined with Obsidian Greatsword

Additional info: I did 40+ battles in the Standard Tourney and can confidently say that the combo of Faeli's and Obsidian Greatsword was just too overpowered while I used it. I won 100% of the battles I fought, and had people flee/pass battles after fighting me a few times. There was only one match that I got dropped to 1,000ish/8418 HP before winning. The Obsidian Greatsword balances itself out with the silence and armour sunder but the massive amounts of healing Faeli's grants it makes you virtually unkillable while also allowing you to deal 3-4k damage. And just to further test this, I stripped all of my gear except for the Obsidian Greatsword and Faeli's Cursed Amulet and went into Deadly Monsters. Besides being one shot, was still not taking dropping below 100% HP as long as I landed hits.
I usually sub my own posts but feel free to ping anyways.
9 May 2020, 3:21 am
I agree with this I was killed by her at least 7 times
5pfM1fY.png url=https://tinyurl.com/n8tgk2d]1EcPJjR.png[/url]
nwNJvZO.png
my art shop http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/107958-nice-art-cheap-prices?page=1#2389539

help me ubZPS.gif
9 May 2020, 9:50 am (Edited 9 May 2020, 9:50 am)
Item: Festive Sword

Reasoning: If we're banning the icy sword because it has up to 4 slots, we should ban the Festive Sword as well for having 12 slots.

Additional Info: For an example of how ridiculous 12 crystal slots can be, here's a picture of the crystals currently in my sword.

ggojX8L.png
UKsyafQ.png
9 May 2020, 9:54 am
I agree, that's overpowered
No signature here
9 May 2020, 9:57 am
Item: Qurious blade

Reasoning:This is pretty much the "meta" sword at this point, it's got massive physical and dark damage without drawbacks, no negative stats, no armor type it's reduced damage against. It's a beast, and it's definitely a Legendary level to craft it.

Unrelated addendum Banning all limited items would cause a massive hassle for anyone with a festival item or custom item in their build. These items were or should have been balanced for the general playerbase when added to the game. There's no easy way to swap gear around (unless a system to swap builds was added, to have a PVP set and PVE set at least due to this new tourney.) so anyone going between PVP and PVE during a festival would be stuck swapping items around constantly. Not fun. Legendary items and meta stuff it makes sense to ban because they're not general playerbase stuff, but I bet at least half the site has a festival item of some kind in their build, since we've had...2 years of festivals with equipment drops and sold in festival store?
9 May 2020, 9:58 am
Item: Qurious Blade
{ability: Cursed Strike}

Reasoning: I tried pulling my dark resist and mitigation stats over 1000 and the weapon still did 2k damage, the base damage on that thing is way ridiculous and I don't know if there's a way to counter it.

Additional Info: my build could take down about 90% of the warriors in the queue but always lost to builds that used cursed strike.
jhdUcrV.gif
__• FV for FR
__• art shop
9 May 2020, 10:07 am
I think all Amethystine crafts and Legendary equips like the qurious blade and unicorn lance should be banned. I'm on the fence about whether other "end-tier" crafting equipment, like the Ascended Serpent Scalemail and the Superior Light Trinket need to be banned.
UKsyafQ.png
9 May 2020, 12:43 pm
Item: Kitsune Spirit Shield

Reasoning: Depending on stats, it can grant you too much health and deal too much damage to the opponent each turn. There were times in the Standard Tourney when I could just defeat my opponent with the shield alone.
9 May 2020, 12:51 pm
Item: The Legend's Armour and Faeli's Cursed Amulet

Reasoning: The Legend's Armour has a whole lot of loopholes. Yes, the agility, speed, and lightnight res is nerfed, but when it's combined with items such as Aeron's Fiery Kitsune it is quite overpowered. but Faeli's Cursed Amulet gives way too much healing when combined with other very powerful items, such as the Rose Blackblade and obsidion sword.

Additional info: I haven't personally used The Legend's Armour, but this is just something I've noticed.
10 May 2020, 2:48 pm
WAIT!
I just noticed something today, did you already banned the halloween curses? (vampire/undead/werewolf)
Because some equipment makes damage to the user and the auto self-healing was balancing that part
No signature here
28 May 2020, 8:48 pm (Edited 28 May 2020, 8:50 pm)
Prideful Peacock Foil

Got it from the Cottage Shop today, and was surprised when it came into my inventory with 15 crystal slots despite it being listed nowhere that that was the case. If the Icy Sword and Festival Sword aren't allowed in standard tourney, well, that thing is a straight upgrade to either of those,

With no level requirement, and with 58 int and 20 agility I was doing upwards of 17k. Heh.
28 May 2020, 9:15 pm (Edited 28 May 2020, 10:23 pm)
15 crystal slots and no level requirement!?!
Are the other Peacock items the same?
If so then all of them should be banned as well
No signature here