Villagers not forgetting career progress

3 Jun 2020, 11:26 pm (Edited 5 Jun 2020, 6:06 pm)
Villager ID 167440 refuses to forget the Warrior career. I last wiped/Unlearned on 5/23/2020 at 8:48 PM and when I checked back today at 11:19 PM 6/3/20 when I chose the career again all my prior progress had been saved. Villager "started" at L4.

I'll be setting them to "forget" again tomorrow and update the post when I do.

edit: 12:34 AM 6/6/20 Warrior career for villager 167440 Unlearned again.

Browser: Chrome vsersion 83.0.4103.61
Operating System: Windows (7) | Browser Engine: WebKit (537.36)

5:45 PM 6/5/20:
Savannah still retains knowledge of Achievements:
xlGlnlz.png

Selecting Warrior shows progress unforgotten:
0KgMYk0.png

6:01 PM Unlearn Screen:
Ck3Nfte.png

New list of careers:
4NBKOwj.png

Unless this bug is fixed now the warrior achievements and progress will be back at 08:00 PM when this villager can switch careers again.
The goldenrod box that pops up when you interact with an item is the value the site will give you if you sell to the site.

3 Jun 2020, 11:39 pm
Zephyros I don't think villagers where suppose to loose progress when you change careers? it saves everything you done you're just learning a new career.
pet_21056787_shop_1.png <- please click
dwTP4Bj.png?Cl2sL=platform.png?z875f=platform.png
3 Jun 2020, 11:41 pm
Alewolf

Yes, that's true. However I'm telling my villager to "Unlearn" the Warrior career and that should wipe all progress.
The goldenrod box that pops up when you interact with an item is the value the site will give you if you sell to the site.
3 Jun 2020, 11:47 pm
Zephyros Oh Okay. I'm dumb XD I didn't get what you meant the first post. but yeah maybe this is a bug.
pet_21056787_shop_1.png <- please click
dwTP4Bj.png?Cl2sL=platform.png?z875f=platform.png
3 Jun 2020, 11:49 pm
Alewolf

Eh, no problem. I've actually wiped that villager at least 3 times because I thought at first I'd misclicked or forgotten to. I sometimes feel this site is gaslighting me but I'm pretty sure it's a bug now.
3 Jun 2020, 11:52 pm
BUT, have you made them learn another 3 careers?
A villager forgets a previous career when you try to put them in a 4th different job

If your warrior is only warrior/explorer and you unlearn and relearn the same career there is nothing they actually forgot, is it?
Psst... check my stall if you are interested in rare and SR minipets
4 Jun 2020, 12:35 am
Switchi

No, it simply tells you that you're unable to learn more than 4 careers if you haven't forgotten them. I've done this accidentally on other villagers.

No matter how many careers you know you get a pop-up when you hit Unlearn that says "Are you sure you want (pet name) to unlean the (career) career? Career data is irretrievable once cleared. Unlearn."

Once the Unlearn button is clicked it only shows the single career left.
4 Jun 2020, 2:51 am
Zephyros Hey there! If you can post screenshots of what their career selection page looks like I'll see if I can help by reproducing the bug. It might be something to do with the recent career achievement updates.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
4 Jun 2020, 5:31 pm
I've done some testing and I think I see what you're saying now. After the career updates, I do believe it was intentional to save level progress with warriors even if you unlearn their career. Hopefully a staff member can verify that soon.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
27 Jun 2020, 6:26 pm
Hello, I believe you are correct that unlearning the warrior career is failing to delete the old career logs. My assumption is this is a side effect of when the warrior career was revamped years ago. So from my end this is either something I need to fix, or instead change it to simply not say that it'll make it lose its progress.

Out of curiosity, do you have a specific reason that you'd like your warrior to start over again on their leveling progress?
4294-pine-nut-pot-pie.png
28 Jun 2020, 9:19 pm
Owner-Quinn

Hmn. I'm trying Rotsuoy's suggestion to learn more careers in the hopes that once I hit 4 other "known" careers I can go back to Warrior and my villager will have forgotten that one. I have hopes there's a buffer limit in there somewhere.

The reason I'm interested in forgetting warrior progress specifically is so that I have access to the beginner training grounds again. I'd like the village-specific weapons it drops for use in Questing. This means I won't have to buy from other people or clutter up my storage when I transfer from village to village. Weapons don't stack and that makes it hard to stock up on them.

If warrior progress doesn't get wiped does that mean recipes known by other careers don't get wiped either? I haven't tried it yet but as it stands now it means that villagers get 4 careers plus a freebie warrior career we can go back to at any time. It's an interesting advantage since exploring has no useful "saved" information so players could keep 3 permanent careers and interchange Warrior and Explorer to essentially get 5 careers.

I suppose it's a judgement call on whether or not this is a bug or a feature. According to current expectations it's an exploitable bug (assuming people want to keep their warrior progress) and a feature (prevents access to training grounds to force inter-village trading). I'm not sure which since shaping play isn't my job. I'm just here for the cross-site trading.
3 Jul 2020, 10:32 pm
Nope, learning more professions does not help.

http://www.furvilla.com/villager/careers/167440

Despite knowing 4 professions this pet still retains the warrior achievements.
4 Jul 2020, 8:36 pm
Owner-Quinn

Hopefully it would be fixed rather than you just removing the text. I know this is a very "first-world" problem but, from the time I started FV back in Beta in 2016, my warrior has had a perfect win ratio of 100%, which he has now lost. I was going to make my warrior un-learn the career to reset that so I could rebuild his perfect record, but now that I'm seeing this thread, I see that such a thing would currently be futile.

People can have any number of reasons for wanting to completely rid a villager of a career and erase the logs/levels/wins + losses/etc.
Andy | He/Him | Schediaphile | Married | Always Tired
DsvdUbj.png
Avatar: Mindscape || Sig: Snouken || Sig image commissioned by me & is for my use only.