free css template and css help available !!

7 Dec 2016, 4:31 pm (Edited 5 Feb 2017, 12:26 am)
remake of thread from mid july
copied and pasted so some information might be inaccurate
oh well

clarifying that you are NOT ALLOWED to use this template for commercial purposes.
only personal use is allowed, please don't try to take advantage and profit off of this free to use resource.

- - -

CSS HERE
matching profile and villager pages!

it's my old css layout! recently coded a new one that i like better.
all i ask is please give CREDIT (link back to my account) on your profile, please do not claim as your own!

also, here's the semi-transparent background i used on some of the boxes. i think i accidentally got rid of the background image code on some of the villager boxes http://sta.sh/026ue2v4reua

EDIT// or instead of that ^ use rgba for semi-transparent bgs wherever you want them (or just replace the existing ones bc rgba is more reliable)
background:rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
adjust the 0.5 as necessary, that's the opacity
opacity goes from 0-1, 0 being .. nothing and 1 being full opacity

examples of what it looked like on my page

- - -

OH AND i'm happy to answer any questions related to css! if you need any help, feel free to ask! :')
hi i'm jenn i draw sometimes
dA · instagram · characters
shitty icons · cheebs · minis · painties

8 Dec 2016, 5:40 am
Perfect CSS template thank you so much! It was exactly what i was looking for

Also scout is absolutely gorgeous.
O6JtjWY.gif
tumblr_lw5n35Aqa01qip80b.gif

~~☆’.・.・:★’.・ Kensie // 23 // she/her .・:☆’.・.・:★ ~~
8 Dec 2016, 10:04 pm (Edited 8 Dec 2016, 10:16 pm)
jennawing
I'm trying to change the color of the nav bar on my profile, but it doesn't seem to be working.

header nav {
background-color:#000 !important;
}

I'm not really sure where I'm going wrong, or if it's just a Furvilla oddity? Can you help me out?

Thank you. :)
I use She/Her pronouns.

Use of pings are encouraged - please ping me.
8 Dec 2016, 10:22 pm
Wyshca  
That's FV filters for you! We're mostly limited to class names and such (no header, nav, input, footer, etc).
Use #logo + :nth-child(2) instead.
jess #7302 | she/her | links
8 Dec 2016, 10:22 pm (Edited 8 Dec 2016, 10:48 pm)
Wyshca
fv doesn't allow the nav selector to be directly overwritten, but here's a workaround:

#logo + :nth-child(2) {background:#hexcode;}
8 Dec 2016, 10:32 pm
jennawing
You don't need !important actually. :^)
8 Dec 2016, 10:48 pm (Edited 8 Dec 2016, 10:48 pm)
msjanny
leave me alone
i'm feeling so attacked rn
14 Jan 2017, 7:55 pm
jennawing
Do you know how to edit the about information on the profile? I can't find it in the sample css...
14 Jan 2017, 9:00 pm
SamTheMoose
If you can be more specific about what sort of changes and to which parts, I can be more help, but the profile description is .user-data .user-desc.
14 Jan 2017, 9:14 pm
Well I managed to figure that part out, is is possible to change the color of the text at the top of the screen that says "Villager: Villager's Name"
14 Jan 2017, 9:34 pm
SamTheMoose  
.content h1
14 Jan 2017, 9:38 pm
msjanny
Tried that and it didn't do anything for me :/
14 Jan 2017, 9:44 pm
SamTheMoose
.content h1 {
color: _____;
}
Are you sure your syntax is correct? I'm assuming you're editing your active villager's profile, and from what I can tell, you didn't include the color declaration.
14 Jan 2017, 10:00 pm
msjanny Nah I did, I guess somehow the spacing with the brackets was not correct. I'm having a problem with that trying to make the other boxes on the profile also have black backgrounds. I don't know what it could be exactly though.
14 Jan 2017, 10:02 pm (Edited 14 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm)
Try this? You can ignore warnings for the most part.
SamTheMoose
20 Mar 2017, 4:16 pm
Alrighty then, looks like MSjanny... sorta took the thread over? Wierd,
Anyhow I'm here for jennawing
I love the placement of your villager boxes/information on their profiles, and was curious what the css to move those is?
I'm also curious about your hidden/hover tabs on your profile for villagers and other such info; do you happen to have just the codes for either of those by chance and would you be willing to share?
Thanks very much for your help and your time,
~Tehutiy
I do Commissions
1:1 Trades & Sales All Careers. aprins_by_tehutiy-d7vpe9o.png Paracosm Petshop 50+ Original Species
paracosm_by_tehutiy-db3f7yy.png
25 Mar 2017, 7:32 pm
jennawing
Hello! I was wondering if I may edit the colors and backgrounds for my villager Kratus to be all dark and evil and such. c:
zpP3G.gifnx1VY.gifaPy1T.gif4XxiH.gifCs3jV.gif
26 Mar 2017, 8:13 pm
im having a little bit of trouble with your css code. the thing im having trouble with is tiling my bg. the line is: background-repeat: ; /*(repeat)*/
is there something here i need to change in order for the image to be tiled?
jennawing
tumblr_ovqxolwuIg1wpzpibo1_500.png
Issac/Rue/Aries | He/Him It/Its | 20
26 Mar 2017, 8:48 pm (Edited 26 Mar 2017, 8:48 pm)
Deki
Yes. I, Jenn, the ultimate supreme CSS overlord, hereby grants you permission to change the background on the thing or whatever.
(yes.... yes you may.... this template is made to be customized.)

Isaac
yeah, get rid of the comments (/* and */) i commented it out in case people want a non-repeating background.

Tehutiy
jess is my friend and since i'm not really active here anymore she helped me out with replying to stuff. thank her, she's great, nobody would've gotten help on this thread after december if she wasn't here. anyhow, on to your questions.

.villager-data-info-box.villager-general {
width: /*set this to whatever percent you think is necessary. trial and error.*/
margin-top: -400px; /*adjust this as necessary.*/
margin-left: 30px; /*again, adjust this as necessary since this is customized to my screen and specific villager.*/
}

this is the basic framework. add whatever else you want to customize the box, this code will just move it up next to your villager.
26 Mar 2017, 8:50 pm (Edited 26 Mar 2017, 8:56 pm)
.eJwFwUESgyAMAMC_cC8BFAn-hkFEpmKYkJ46_Xt
.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIAKJ9K6DUGC5pQSWnMfF3f

this is an old thread and i am no longer active.
please refer to http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/34136-free-to-use-css-css-help if you need help with css.
please only comment here if you have questions about this css template in particular, but please do not be mad if jess (msjanny ) helps you instead. she's doing us both a favour.
11 Apr 2017, 2:32 am
used this..
while people are probably enjoying the nice bright sun of Spring, i'm here freezing my toes off in Autumn... snips?

I am addicted to the Hamilton musical..
(that's it)

screen_shot_2017_07_03_at_12_16_12_am_by
Drawing_1.png
NOTHING WAS HERE
15 Apr 2017, 4:18 pm (Edited 15 Apr 2017, 4:20 pm)
Nvm, I figured it out.
18199365_ZHgl4O9BTGQWkWk.png
31 Aug 2017, 11:30 am
Hello!! I'm new in furvilla, i wanted to know how you make custom Css profile using a Background image off of tumblr. Im terrible at coding even as something as small as this, It pains me to go back and forth with this just to get a headach because i don't know what to do?
31 Aug 2017, 12:09 pm
Hello!! I'm new in furvilla, i wanted to know how you make custom Css profile using a Background image off of tumblr. Im terrible at coding even as something as small as this, It pains me to go back and forth with this just to get a headach because i don't know what to do?
Hey, jennawing isn't active on Furvilla anymore, so I hope you don't mind that I'm answering your query. There's this CSS help thread if you need it in the future.
Images off tumblr are automatically limited to 1280px in either direction, as far as I know, so if your image will tile.

Anyway, if you want the image on the inside, try:
.content {
background: url(IMAGE);
}

If you want the image on the outside, try:
l.content:after {
position: fixed;
z-index: -1;
top: 0;
height: 100%;
background: url(IMAGE);
}