E S K E R S ; a species by wapiti

8 Dec 2016, 3:09 pm (Edited 27 May 2017, 4:11 pm)
E S K E R S
an original closed species by wapiti

eskers discord servereskers group on deviantartmy adoptables deviantart page

tumblr_oeccwqcFvc1te9t81o2_1280.png
click image for full size.

----------

IF I FORGET TO SEND YOU A FULL SIZE IMAGE, FORGET TO ADD YOUR ESKER TO THE REGISTRY, OR ANYTHING ELSE, PLEASE PM ME AND REMIND ME! i forget things often and get sidetracked a lot.

----------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

-----------

1. introduction
2. species rules
3. species information and lore
4. premades for sale or auction
5. MYO/custom events
6. extras
7. pinglist
8. extras

----------
allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
tumblr_inline_nk96orLztV1ry72eo.giftumblr_inline_nk96ouqOf01ry72eo.giftumblr_inline_nk96ornbcd1ry72eo.gif

8 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm (Edited 25 May 2017, 9:26 pm)
SPECIES RULES

most recent version can be found here

----------

Species Rules (Updated Apr 26, 2017)

• if you buy an adopt made by me, you must credit me for the artwork. if you commission someone else to draw the character reference or to color my base or PSD, you must credit me and them as well. i am very serious about crediting artists with this species. be respectful of creators thanks

this species is CLOSED. you can design eskers as much as you want, but you cannot post artwork or references of them to places like deviantart, furvilla, toyhouse, etc. until they have been made official by purchasing a custom slot and being submitted to the group registry to be made official.

• they do not need to be approved by me unless drastic changes have been made from the basic esker designs made by me. for example, if you make an esker with three tails, it does not need to be approved because it is still similar enough. however, if you make an esker with three tails, eight legs, four eyes, and ten horns, i would like to see it for approval first. in this case, you can note me a link to it in stash.

• do not resell your esker character for profit. please resell only for the value you paid for it. if you have added art for the character, you can raise the price by the estimated price of that added artwork. if the character or artwork was a gift, please try to estimate. you cannot sell or trade an esker that has not been added to the registry.

• you don’t have to link to the species info when you post your character art on websites, but please just say that they are a closed species called eskers created by me (a link to my deviantart account is fine) and if someone asks for more info, try to help them find this page or ref sheets.

DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING TERMS IN REFERENCE TO ESKERS: any derogatory or fetishizing terms for intersex or transgender individuals, any ableist terms for disabled eskers, or any other slurs. this also applies when tagging them on art or character websites such as furaffinity, furvilla, deviantart, toyhouse, etc.

• once you own an esker, you can draw them as many times as you like, as many ways as you like, post it wherever, etc. you can also commission people to draw your esker, or draw other people’s eskers. the restriction is only on the creation of esker characters, not art of them after they already exist.

RULES ABOUT ESKER BABIES

• to get an esker baby, you must either own both of the parents or have permission to create a baby from the parents’ owners.

• since the babies count as another esker character being created, you do have to pay for them.

ALL BABIES MUST BE APPROVED BY ME. the reason for this is because the babies must look like their parents, and i want to make sure that no one breaks this rule. you can note me on deviantart with a link to it in your stash.

ABOUT REGISTRY

• as this is a closed species and it is growing all the time, the registry is to keep separate official eskers which can be sold, traded, and posted about, and eskers who are just fan-made designs that are as of yet unapproved.

• registry is added to by me (wapiti/allen) unless you created the art for your esker. for example, all the esker adopts that i draw and color, i upload, because it’s my art, and that way i make sure most eskers are added to the registry. if you draw and/or color your own esker, you may ask me (wapitiadopts) to upload it for you for the registry, or you may do it yourself, so long as you follow the title formatting correctly.

• registering your own esker is as easy as becoming a member of the esker group, submitting a deviation of your esker, and submitting that deviation to the group’s registry folder.

FORMATTING: “Esker #1234 - [Name]”

• to get your esker’s number, check the registry for the most recently added (and therefore last created) esker. your esker will be one number higher than that esker. please also double check wapitiadopts sold eskers folder to make sure there are no eskers that have not yet been added to the registry folder because of submission limits.

• please stick to this title format for ease of reading and uniformity.

• if you would like to add information to your esker’s registry (like a name, height, weight, pronouns, sex, sexuality, likes, dislikes, a small personality description or bio, etc.) please send the information in a note to the group or to me at wapitiadopts.

- wapitiadopts / wapiti / allen
allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
tumblr_inline_nk96orLztV1ry72eo.giftumblr_inline_nk96ouqOf01ry72eo.giftumblr_inline_nk96ornbcd1ry72eo.gif
8 Dec 2016, 3:12 pm (Edited 27 May 2017, 5:00 pm)
SPECIES INFORMATION

more can be found in the journals of the deviantart group.

----------

species creation date: sept 27, 2016
species name: esker (plural: eskers)

- infos -

sex stuff yeah

• 2 sexes (male and female) plus intersex variations, like humans

• sexual dimorphism:

→ females tend to have slightly longer horns and more ornate gems, but the difference is so slight in most cases that it’s barely noticeable. one would not be able to tell the sex of the being based on the horns and gems, except in very few cases.

→ sexual dimorphism is harder to spot when theyre walking quadrupedally, but easier when they stand up on hinds

→ sex has no bearing on overall size or muscular structure

→ males tend to have slightly wider shoulders, and females tend to have slightly wider hips. they are very similar, though.

→ sometimes there will be a lot of sexual dimorphism but on average there is not much. they are about equal in height and weight.

• they are born as one baby. very very rarely, twins. maybe like once or twice in history was triplets but yeah (multiples are more rare in eskers than in humans)

• not born as an egg. they are born live like mammals

• no nipples. no boobs. they are mammalian, but do not feed their young milk, and they do not produce it. therefore, they don’t have breasts, ever.

• young are born ready to eat soft foods like applesauce or yogurt, and can eat fruit soon after, then soft cooked vegetables and meats, and pretty much anything at all by age 2.

• “puberty” sort of whatever happens around age 15-20 years

body description (for basic eskers. subspecies like aquatic differ from this model.)

• long tail, with long hair on the end. like, the tail is usually at least as long as the rest of the body.

• “mane” on neck, neck is fairly long. mane hair doesn't grow super long, usually.

• equally comfortable being bipedal or quadrupedal (quad usually for increased speed, bi for ease of carrying things or picking things up)

• bear-like teeth, omnivorous

• longer fur on the backs of their thighs and forearms

• digigrade legs (can be plantigrade if character owner prefers this)

• ears like a horses kind of?? or a donkey?? idk theyre big but they can be very expressive and maneuverable

• ungodly flexible. really flexible spine, shoulders, and hips. like a cat, sort of

• horns can, to a point, be shaped if the individual so desires. they can’t be totally cut off without pain, but the edges can be sanded and the surface can be etched and stuff.

• opposable thumbs, dextrous fingers

• they can be shorter haired or longer haired, like dogs. curly, straight, wavy, or like wool. any kind of hair and fur! go nuts

• they are around 10-15 pounds at birth, and the average adult esker weighs around 300 pounds. they can be anywhere between 150 pounds and 800 pounds (if not Extremely fat or muscular), depending on their height and body type. if they are beefy, they can weigh a lot more. same if theyre underweight theyll be.. well…. underweight.

• they average anywhere from 5 to 8 feet tall when standing on their hind legs at their full height. they are very very rarely shorter than 5 feet, and more often exceed 8 feet. (this seems a little short for the weight, but remember, they have a huge tail on them too)

• when down on all fours, their shoulder height is around 3-4 feet. their heads may reach 4-6 feet. on average

• the total length from nose tip to tail tip is usually between ten and twenty feet. they r long noodles

general life infos

• they can open their eyes immediately after birth, and can walk around 2 weeks old.

• they can begin to speak around 2 months, though it is slow like a human baby. one word at a time. by age three or four, they can generally articulate themselves fairly well.

• adulthood is considered age 23 and up.

• these beings can live for around 150-200 years.

• signs of aging would be fading color (if the animal was bright), turning white or grey around the muzzle and paws, and physical things like weakened joints and muscles etc. hair becomes thinner and more brittle, claws become more brittle, horns become duller and can crack, chip, or break, though this is usually not painful.

society

• they are very human-like, generally

• they can be monogamous or not. up to u

• all sexualities and gender identities are applicable

• very few odd taboos, generally just dont be a jerk and u are good

• idk this is very much up to u.

allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
8 Dec 2016, 3:14 pm (Edited 27 May 2017, 4:01 pm)
PREMADES FOR SALE OR AUCTION

----------

please check for sales in the eskers group folder of eskers for sale or in my gallery's folder of eskers for sale for a full list of those for sale

----------

cow_eske_by_wapitiadopts-db9rpdk.png

utfyjh_by_wapitiadopts-db9gdby.png

mini_esker_adopts_batch_7__open___6_6__b

and many more!

allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
8 Dec 2016, 3:19 pm (Edited 27 May 2017, 4:02 pm)
MYO/CUSTOM EVENTS

----------

none at the moment.

allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
8 Dec 2016, 3:22 pm (Edited 27 May 2017, 4:03 pm)
OTHER EVENTS

----------

none at the moment.

allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
8 Dec 2016, 3:23 pm
PINGLIST

----------

the self-editable pinglist can be found here.

to cut down on extra posts, you can add your name to the list yourself. i can still do it if you want me to, though.

allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
8 Dec 2016, 3:25 pm (Edited 13 Apr 2017, 7:26 pm)

EXTRAS: BABIES

-----

esker babies are here!

if you ever wanted your esker villager to have a child, now there's lines for a baby esker! these can be made with two esker parents, one esker and one other parent, or maybe even three parents?!

the artistic details are fairly uncomplicated: a mixture of the parents' colors and markings that results in one or two babies. the only way to get one is through me for the time being.

to get a baby with no line edits, the base price is $10 USD / 1000 FD / 550,000 FC. if you wish to have edits to the line art, or added accessories, the price will increase from there.

an example of a breeding is below:

C9Ub2hzWsAAx8oR.jpg

i have included two examples here, although most breedings would result in only one baby, just to show the possibility for variation of babies between two parents.

to acquire a baby esker, please message me with links or images for each of the two (or more) parents. at least one of the parents must be an esker. if i am willing to make twins out of the breeding, i will tell you so, and you then get the option to say yes or no (as they cost money, i would not demand it, haha). you can also breed the same or different parents multiple times for more siblings at a later date.

parent eskers in the example: Reoji and Larimar

here are the full-size images of the two included in the example:

C9Ub-CIXkAArsER.png
owned by me

C9Ub-W9XYAA_muU.png
owned by Laz

allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
8 Dec 2016, 3:27 pm
@onivern Asuna2002 Mikiriyu @RoboElly Tsundere Prismakry Oliver_Woolfe Myfuzzykins KikiKaori TheKeikoIsALie @geeetttttttdunkedon Ashneigh Muffet @epesode Kain Perid0t ookamisoulreaper atheris Khaos shadowwolfgem stars_will_fall SheepyStuff Enoch Terminus Ririsu gaIIows Arimwe Upui Imoku Toni_Mallory Jyoustar ShadowMetaru Amaimon s3nnr3nn Shel VLZerda GreaseRoach Peanutters FeatherWolf @olliever dorkyboxx sailormoon Loafy Wolf97973 MomoThePandaBear Insanity_Rocket Murha RiceCakes Elpide Hawkfeather Sqidney ClockworkSerenade SherlyWats Fallows Zah

this is the new thread for eskers! just wanted to let you guys know i've set it back up!
allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
8 Dec 2016, 3:33 pm
wapiti
I should probs let u know i changed my username whoops
i was geeetttttttdunkedon
Premades Thread
Pokefarm Profile
They/He pronouns please
8 Dec 2016, 3:53 pm
Yay, Eskers! I'm excited to see these guys again <3
captain_orion_adopt_by_siimamon_d9eh3gb_
8 Dec 2016, 5:04 pm
wapiti

Glad to see these cuties up again!
Also, I'll be more active, as I've decided to stay, so I will be able to see more of these ouo
Commissions are open! PM me for specifics!

I will make a thread for that soon, I swear!
8 Dec 2016, 5:45 pm
eeee, i'm glad these guys are back! <3

also whoops, just noticed that my esker isn't in the esker list. xD
8 Dec 2016, 6:07 pm
Lucida gotcha !! i did see that some pings didnt work omg thanks for letting me know. this one is easier to spell thank u

Insanity_Rocket i'm glad u are!! ; w ;

Arimwe okay!! even if you do leave later on, you can still take them with you hahah

TheKeikoIsALie ooohh thank you for letting me know!!! i missed a lot of them, i know, especially if people don't send me a message with a link to them or tag their paintie as esker (and sometimes i forget to check for new ones)
allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
8 Dec 2016, 6:35 pm
haha yeah, sadly I didn't have my esker tagged properly for a while, so sorry about that! ^^;; I only noticed like maybe a week or so ago? when I was putting their paintie in a wardrobe slot. xD I'll remember to tag them appropriately from now on, that's for sure. :P
8 Dec 2016, 7:18 pm
wapiti - AH! My saving up resumes. ;) Glad to see they're back!

shel | cartoonist | author | bookworm
art tumblr wip | flight rising
kQ8vYWN.png
paintie commissions open
9 Dec 2016, 5:53 am
Sweet! Missed these (spicy meme) kids!
aRmJhzd.png
9 Dec 2016, 8:20 am
Eskersssss <3
Loading 99% complete...
13 Dec 2016, 3:53 pm
Asuna2002 Mikiriyu Tsundere Prismakry Oliver_Woolfe Myfuzzykins KikiKaori TheKeikoIsALie Ashneigh Muffet Kain Perid0t ookamisoulreaper atheris Khaos shadowwolfgem stars_will_fall SheepyStuff Enoch Terminus Ririsu gaIIows Arimwe Upui Imoku Toni_Mallory Jyoustar ShadowMetaru Amaimon s3nnr3nn Shel VLZerda GreaseRoach Peanutters FeatherWolf dorkyboxx sailormoon Loafy Wolf97973 MomoThePandaBear Insanity_Rocket Murha RiceCakes Elpide Hawkfeather Sqidney ClockworkSerenade SherlyWats Fallows Zah Lucida

new winter premades up for sale!!
allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
13 Dec 2016, 4:27 pm
Oh. Oh my. These are gorgeous! I'm gonna subscribe because I definitely want one in the near future.
Call me Path.
26.5 | Canadian | She/Her
tumblr_ok0ghoZGV71vymbt8o1_400.gif
How to Train Your Dragon
13 Dec 2016, 4:29 pm
wapiti
Can I put abyssal sky on hold maybe?
Loading 99% complete...
13 Dec 2016, 4:32 pm (Edited 13 Dec 2016, 4:33 pm)
**apparently we can't delete posts?**
my deviantart
13 Dec 2016, 4:38 pm
Pathosis okay! there is a self-editable pinglist if you'd rather be on that and not get pinged for every single post, too.
Dubstep sure thing!
Mutt no worries!!
allen ✧ he/they ✧ 21
C6a3U1lXMAEhlPO.png
13 Dec 2016, 4:59 pm (Edited 13 Dec 2016, 6:08 pm)
wapiti
Hello~ I would like to buy Blue Roan, please. :)
Edit; Also, I apologize, but I can only pay in FDs. :/
Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living.
tumblr_inline_nh6vusdKsI1t7skme.gif
13 Dec 2016, 5:24 pm
I am so tempted by winter wind....
29 | She/Her | Hella Gay | Kinda Ace
DevArt | Art Tumblr | Tumblr | Flight Rising
Toyhouse | MyAnimeList | Pokefarm