your favourite thing about the furry fandom

12 Dec 2016, 6:09 pm
tl;dr i used to be absolute furry garbage but for a variety of reasons including No Reason At All™ i kinda fell away from the community and fandom and everything, and for awhile now ive really been wanting to get my spark for it back since it was, quite honestly, one of the biggest things in my life and really important to me

so to help kinda psyche myself up i thought it would be neat to hear about why everyone else is into it? :'D kinda looking for more than just liking the art, since you can entirely like the art and such without being involved in the community at all or even calling yourself a furry

thank you in advance to anyone who replies !!! i look forward to reading what everyone says
7_by_drunkdriver-dcwgao3.gif

12 Dec 2016, 6:12 pm
I like how a lot of furry spaces have a very kind, welcoming, and open atmosphere.
I love the appreciation of artists and different types of artwork.
The creativity of everyone.
The way that people's fursonas tend to give them confidence and an escape from their insecurities.
How everyone's love for animal characters brings us together.
Cute drawings of course. <333

But most of all..... the dogs with the hair. I cannot get enough of those dogs. with the hair. a+. good shit right there.
1a5.jpg
12 Dec 2016, 6:13 pm
I love the beautiful artwork, some of the stuff I wish I could do but I am no where near as good as them. More practice I guess. I also love how people can separate themselves from their real person and just be their fursona. Just forget everything for a bit and have a new persona that people dont have an opinion of. People cant judge you because they dont know you (although they may judge for you being a furry since everyone hates furries for some reason)
Looking for a FurVilla chat group on Discord? Check out our unofficial FV chat!
https://discord.gg/8Z4UN7J

Looking for a code for your profile?
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/38212-reavs-free-profile-css-2-free-codes-so-far
12 Dec 2016, 6:14 pm
The conventions! I have three suits I love to go to conventions with and the people you meet there are amazing. It's so fun being able to have a meetup of others like you
12 Dec 2016, 6:15 pm
Artistic expression, and in complete honesty, the acceptance of sexualities and sex in general. This fandom helped me explore sexuality safely.
13427.png Mistakes were made
12 Dec 2016, 6:16 pm
It's kind of the fact that you could be the unhappiest person in the world, and yet feel a sudden wave of ease seeing all of these fluffers, and all of these people who are also fluffers, and just the amazing vibes everyone gives, it's all so overwhelmingly nice and so filled with love it makes me cry sometimes tbh, I love being a furry for it's amazing community and family-vibe
2_by_hatty_hime-db72j7z.gif
Pixel by Hatty !
FV time -2 hours = my time
I also have an art shop!
12 Dec 2016, 7:43 pm
quietly bumps this
12 Dec 2016, 7:43 pm
All the animals
pet_21056787_shop_1.png <- please click
dwTP4Bj.png?Cl2sL=platform.png?z875f=platform.png
12 Dec 2016, 7:44 pm
I love all the amazing art and people, I've never met a bad person in this bunch. (that and the kawaii animals)
Ping me if you want my attention / Ask me about Dinosaurs / INFP-T
1 Hour Ahead

23.jpg
12 Dec 2016, 8:29 pm
For me, it's the general self-producing nature of it? I find that in general, furries are a lot more driven to care about original content than pretty much any other type of fan group; to a point where I find that even nonfurry OCs and things still tend to be given more encouragement and support from furries, than they do from nonfurries? There's just a general, very creator driven vibe instead of a consumer driven vibe. With that also just comes very dedicated content creators.
dA | Toyhou.se
12 Dec 2016, 8:35 pm
I love everything about it! I can't just pick a few things and call it a day. There's so many things in this amazing fandom I like, I just can't list them all! It's probably the only fandom I feel comfortable with. I just like everything about this fandom.
3641-a-very-jolly-button.png

( ᐛ )و

~please ping me if you're responding to me or if you're getting my attention~
12 Dec 2016, 8:38 pm
It's all about individuality and expressing and learning new things about yourself

At least that's what it's like for me
♦ ~ trans demi-boy ~ 20 years old ~ bi ~ artistic but without talent ~ cute ~ ♦
☆Trash King☆

12 Dec 2016, 8:42 pm
People seem to be very, very generous and nice. I don't think I've ever seen a community that's just so.... Open and welcoming and giving and encouraging.
ryn 28 they/them
12 Dec 2016, 8:47 pm
I love how the community is overall generally a very caring and accepting place, which makes it easier for those from all walks of life to come together and feel accepted and part of something, the furry community has a really nice vibe for this reason.
Also, as an artist, I found myself much more at ease drawing furries than humans, I don't know why.. maybe I feel like I have more freedom, I am not sure exactly.
But what I do know is as my sona I can draw myself doing anything, vent art and all, and no one from the outside can usually guess who it really is about.. it feels anonymous in a way, but it's still 100% me.

Taylorshe/her 20
13 Dec 2016, 3:29 pm
quietly bumps
15 Dec 2016, 1:26 pm (Edited 15 Dec 2016, 1:28 pm)
TL;DR : People are nice. Also, animals.

Honestly? My favorite thing about it is the reason I love it.. And I love it because I feel like I belong here.

I'm gonna get really sappy and it's gonna sound REALLY stupid, but this is entirely honest.. And to really explain why I love the fandom, I'm going to tell a story.

I'll save you a long description of how I always felt "other" as a kid. How I had trouble connecting with people, I was shy and was prone to hiding under tables. How I used to love horses -so- much I'd pretend to be one - daily, at home. How I'd re-watch movies with anthro animals over and over until the rest of my family was sick and tired of them. How I always thought it'd be awesome to have a tail, or even better, BE an animal. How I could imitate horse neighs impeccably - and I still can, though they're not as good.

I've known about furries for years.. I'd occasionally gone through phases, if you will; watching furry videos or looking at furry art. I'd periodically get attracted to it, then see.. Er, questionable things, and get turned away, or just lose interest and tell myself I could never be a part of that group.

Fast forward to this past year. I'd been going through another furry phase, researching the fandom itself, looking past what it -appeared- to be and seeing what it actually was. And I was absolutely hooked.
I loved it. I loved the animals, obviously, because I'm really just a huge animal lover all together. But I also loved the creativity, how all these crazy ideas were shared and appreciated,
I loved the community, how everyone acted like a big family, I loved watching videos of fursuiters who went and made people's days just by dressing in a giant animal costume. Several of Kijani Lion's videos brought me to tears because I -wanted- to do that. I -wanted- to make people smile. I wanted to brighten their day, even just a little.

So, after months of deliberating, asking friends' opinions, and worrying myself sick, I finally told my mother about it.
Surprisingly, she was supportive. I was relieved. I found a furry convention that's semi-local - FurReality - and decided I was going to sell a prize from an art contest I'd won, (for about $775 I think?) and use the funds to make a suit and go to the convention. I'd only planned on trying the fandom out. I was going to have the full experience - fursuit, furcon, etc., and if I hated it, I was prepared to sell the suit and move on.

And I did go to the con.
And it was great.
But on the last day, (again, I'll save you too much detail; though am perfectly happy to elaborate on the story if you want to hear it) I met Uncle Kage and Alkali Bismuth in person.
Don't take this the wrong way; I wasn't impressed because "ohhh popufurs hurh", I'd honestly been avoiding both Kage and Alkali because I didn't want them to remember me.
What impressed me was their attitude. Now, I'd already met so many amazing people at the convention, including a new close friend. But the kindness of these people - Kage especially - when, in his case, he's very well-known.. It was absolutely astounding. Honestly, I was astounded.

I didn't expect anyone at the convention to like me. I didn't expect anyone to remotely notice me. And yet here I was, just some random girl at her first convention, with no experience in the fandom, no one knowing who the flying heck I was.. And I was getting hugged. I was being recognized. People loved my art. People bought commissions from me. People loved my suit, though she's not the best. People loved -me-.

The furries at that convention were so incredibly kind and accepting it still brings me to tears. I love this fandom because it's like a giant melting pot of everything I love - creativity, art, animals, costumes, friends, family. I love this fandom all together. Here, I can be me, I can be weird and wear a tail and talk about costumes and art and act strange and people love me for it. People are my friends, now, because we met through it. And that's amazing.
I'm forever grateful to the people I met at the con, and their kindness, and the inspiration they are. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me and my, (as my family calls it), "furriness."
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
15 Dec 2016, 1:31 pm
The fandom is SUPER accepting and nice, and everyone can be themselves, which is awesome. :D

The artist community is great too! Everyone encourages new artists and supports them.
love-this-2.jpg
16 Dec 2016, 4:11 pm
I love the community. The people are amazing. I've made a lot of furry friends through the fandom and I love them all dearly. The community is open and welcoming no matter who you are. I find a lot of techy and LGBT+ friends to talk to and we all have so much in common other than being furry. Even though I've met a lot of friends as furs, I know them better as people and we sometimes stay up late talking about movies and music.

Also the fur community is great for artists. People are willing to pay you what your art is worth, and every artist has fans regardless of the subject. If you're into latte drinking kittens wearing knitted scarves, I'm pretty sure there's a fan base out there for you.
16 Dec 2016, 7:25 pm
quietly bumping this again now that the forum pulse is back ;v;/ tbh this is actually like super helping and its making me homesick for cons now ghjkd
16 Dec 2016, 7:30 pm
I've been in the fandom since I was very young, and my favorite part is the cute, amazing art that furries draw. I first found out about furries when I was browsing a Minecraft forum and stumbled upon a furry thread. I have also been working on my anthro art style for years now. ;w;