What is the best setup for Warrior?

17 Dec 2016, 11:27 am (Edited 17 Dec 2016, 11:36 am)
Finally me asking a question.. :-)

I made a Warrior, and have a Sword of Discourse. It says I can fill the other slots as well. However, with the Sword of Discourse I already seem to kill everything so easily. Should I even bother adding more weapons/armor?

Is a shield or helmet even necessary?

17 Dec 2016, 11:51 am
I'd add in a steel shield, just in case you miss! Steel shield have the best Hp you can get!

~acesexual✧panromantic✧agender~
ezimba13625098532900.gif
please ping me for my attention!

✿ I Have a Shop!~ Premades, Commissions, 20FD Traditionals and More! ✿

17 Dec 2016, 11:52 am
definitely get a shield, because if they dodge you'll still get hit
find me here. currently:
????

drawing here

mlBabmx.png
17 Dec 2016, 11:55 am
I find that my best setup is;

Dragon Tail Sword
Monster Claw Axe
Elaborate Sword or Narwhal Spear
Steel Shield

You have a weapon for all elements and the elaborate sword/narwhal spear has enough durability to be used killing the common enemies. Shield doesn't really matter much so long as it has lots of durability.
lZD5wyC.png4ObYFcD.pngd8NJom5.png
17 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm (Edited 17 Dec 2016, 12:10 pm)
Hp doesn't really matter if you've got the damage. In the beginning definitely though. I think the best setup, in my opinion, that you could probably go for is getting the black slime helmet (or the cloud/frozen helmet as they all have +50 damage, just the black slime gives +100 hp instead) along with the dragon claw knife, monster tooth knife, and the tusk sword (for a total of 105 base damage). Although you could go for tier 3 to really overkill everything (130 base damage), I think tier 3 takes longer to repair compared to tier 2 and tier 1 but that might also be based on durability. Either way its mostly about the damage. Extra health is good so you can survive the super rare monsters that can deal like 30 damage a pop but if you can two shot them (or 1 shot with the tier 3 alone with crit) then you can easily tank a hit or two, Just hope you don't miss. I think the super rare ones are a lot more rare since the beta though because I've still only ran into one so far ever since the release.

Although if you want a more feasible and affordable set up it's definitely a steel shield or frozen bone shield (both same HP) along with the tier 3 weapons (dragon tail sword, monster claw axe, and mammoth tooth hammer). Elaborate sword or narwhal spear if you want to spend less time repairing since they have more durability than the others, but you can always buy higher durability ones of the higher damaging weapons or invest in some item durability potions.

To further answer your question though: Yes I would recommend at least getting a decent shield. The +15 hp is nice but if you encounter a rare or super rare and they happen to dodge you have a pretty good chance of getting one shot with only 25 hp available. Also sword of discourse crits everything but only has 65 damage compared to the 75 the other tier 3 weapons are, which means you cant two shot a super rare, it would take you 3 turns unless you're lucky to get a super rare in the range of 136 ~ 140 hp. Better safe than sorry.
17 Dec 2016, 12:35 pm
Thank you all for the excellent advice. It is very helpful!! Now I will get a shield to help my Warrior survive better :)

ScavengingOtter E Zhampy CheshireSmile
17 Dec 2016, 12:36 pm
In my opinion, the Astral/Discourse equipment is the best. The Astral element is strong against everything so you will be able to one-shot most monsters. I've stumbled upon super rares with high health and been perfectly fine taking them down, but I guess it's just luck.

As for a set up with non-discourse equipment, yeah, pretty much what everyone else is saying.
x1yr9t.jpg
DragonCave | Flight Rising
Female pronouns, please.
Please ping me so I can feel special if you need me for any reason :]!
17 Dec 2016, 12:39 pm
With sword of discourse I can one-shot anything, including super rare monsters, from Olde Foxbury. Even if the sword adds some health I'd recommend you take a shield, just in case.
I sell medicines, potions, costumes and raw materials from Olde Foxbury at a fair price. Check my profile to see what my villagers have to offer :)