How hard is it to make a fursuit?

28 Dec 2016, 9:26 am
I'm thinking of having a fursuit of my 'sona, Voltage (may redo his paintie). The question is, is it hard to make it yourself?
tumblr_op18wcEc2N1w2yzhro1_400.png
I do not ship 2Nu (I ship the safer 2Doc). I don't hate them, I just don't see the point in them. If you have a problem, PM me so we can talk civil and not point fingers at each other. We can talk this out.

~You gotta believe in the voltage that lives inside us~

2jrLuv0.jpg
Good show to who DDoS'd us. That was so funny. >.> *sarcasm times one thousand*

28 Dec 2016, 1:52 pm (Edited 28 Dec 2016, 1:52 pm)
MythicalVoltage

Well, it really depends on what materials you're using, as well as the guides. I would definitely recommend watching a few videos of people making fursuits if you're new to doing so yourself, as well as researching how to do fursuit parts (like follow-me eyes, or teeth) and making proper vents for the suit as well in the head. But honestly, it all depends on how creative and motivated you are when making the suit itself. For example, you could be interested in having a suit of your own, but if you aren't motivated enough, you might find it to be a tiring task. And if you aren't creative enough, you might think what you're doing isn't good enough, and think it looks bad. Not to mention, making a fursuit costs a bit of money, so i recommend gathering a good sum before getting started to spend on raw materials such as foam or 'fur' and other items needed to create the suit.
l7ls9ao.pngHDn7AGh.pngk6sWJYY.png
28 Dec 2016, 1:54 pm
Pretty hard the first time
koi_by_pessimisticsharkie-dcrxq7o.png
28 Dec 2016, 1:58 pm
Hello! There are plenty of tutorials but I suggest checking out Dream Vision Creations in your google bar to start! They have resin kits if you'd like something more realistic or you can look up foam tutorials! I've only made one fursuit so I'll give help where I can but I really suggest these links:

http://fursuit-tutorials.tumblr.com/
http://dreamvision-creations.myshopify.com/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4B578A5BB5A24486
http://beetlecat.livejournal.com/553591.html

just to get you started!
☆ ☆ ☆
tumblr_mjs7xegNbn1qebs31o4_500.gif
I have forgotten that men cannot see Unicorns. If men no longer know what they're looking at, there may be other unicorns in the world yet, unknown, and glad of it.

Buying: magical fallow deer plushes! Just ping me!
28 Dec 2016, 1:59 pm
MythicalVoltage What silvester said is exactly correct. Generally, the skill set needed for making a suit isn't actually that hard to pick up. However, learning to use those skills along with the kinds of materials needed is a long, expensive and often frustrating process, frustrating enough that a lot of people just abandon the project altogether. But absolutely do not let that frustration keep you from trying it, because you learn a lot of useful things along the way and I think it's something everyone should try once. It'll be as simple or complicated as you make it.

To help encourage first-time suit makers I like to share my first head attempt. I started out like this, about ten years ago:

ltdvaW6.jpg

This is that same character, remade last year:

bLSQI3G.jpg

So, you know, don't get discouraged. :D
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
28 Dec 2016, 2:04 pm
I made my first fursuit this year and it took a lot of effort to do so. Quite a few days working all day and it was only really a partial. I made a head, hand paws and a tail in total. And it cost be around 200$ Canadian to get all the materials. As was mentioned in the previous comment from silvester it does matter if you're creative and motivated to do so. Even myself as someone who calls themselves an artist..... I struggled a lot with thinking my suit wasn't good enough and looked bad. I had to learn skills I hadn't even had before doing the suit. It takes a lot of work but honestly it was well worth it for me just to say I did it and have it.

For reference, this is what I ended up with: hypernova_by_akixsasuke-datbbnh.jpg
button_by_akixsasuke-db9tqmt.png
tumblr_inline_nqezj49k6s1qi7awk_250.giftumblr_inline_nqfatkFPuU1qi7awk_250.gif
28 Dec 2016, 5:13 pm
Thank you all for the suggestions and everything, friends! :3 I may save some money to create one, or I may do a commission in the near future.
tumblr_op18wcEc2N1w2yzhro1_400.png
I do not ship 2Nu (I ship the safer 2Doc). I don't hate them, I just don't see the point in them. If you have a problem, PM me so we can talk civil and not point fingers at each other. We can talk this out.

~You gotta believe in the voltage that lives inside us~

2jrLuv0.jpg
Good show to who DDoS'd us. That was so funny. >.> *sarcasm times one thousand*