Bird head pricing help?

2 Jan 2017, 3:59 am (Edited 2 Jan 2017, 4:01 am)
I'm thinking of selling the head to my Arakkoa (the wings are rather beaten up or I'd add those in too)
3elemZR.jpg

I want to re-make it from scratch now I have had a bit more experience wearing one. While I loved this one, I am on stilts when I wear my Arakkoa and thus the lack of surrounding visibility makes moving awkward without a handler. I'm wondering if there would be a good price to start at/ask for or even if there would be any interest (as I know it doesn't really follow the 'traditional' fursuit style.) Has anyone sold a head before who has advice or know of a good forum to do so?

The base is a mask blank by DVC with follow-me eyes. Teh feathers are made out of craft foam and hand painted by myself. I will be re-using the jewelry so it would not come with the nose chain and necklace. It fits on via a bike helmet (safety first due to being on stilts!) and is actually very comfortable to wear for 8+ hours.

More photos: [x]
Finished work: [x] [x]
Progress stuff: [x] [x]
Tumblr: [x]

8 Jan 2017, 8:42 am
800+?

but you need to have pictures of that you want to sell, other wise people will assume their getting the entire costume. I'd say throw the wings in even if they are beaten up, as most people looking to buy heads aren't looking to 'remake/work' on the costume.

try the dealer's den, or private offers via twitter? there is furbuy but I've not had the best luck, lots of newbs asking for trades
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
8 Jan 2017, 5:59 pm
Rhee Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I'm planning on fixing everything up and possible taking a few more photos of the whole thing just for one last 'hurrah'. When I do so I'll take proper shots of everything I'll be willing to sell.. Do you think it is ok to ask for only local bids? I'm not sure how I'd go about shipping everything if I did end up adding in the wings/tail.
8 Jan 2017, 9:16 pm
you can always include 'buyer pays shipping' asking for local will narrow down your prospective buyers. So it may not be the best choice, but you could offer a drop off at a con for something like that. It really depends on you and the person buying.

as long as you don't ship ups or fedex the price shouldn't be too much. don't quote me on that though since international shipping is way expensive.

you could try selling it at a convention, if artist alley is free. some conventions charge for artist alley which is a shame. :C
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png