Already Built fursuit head base :)

3 Jan 2017, 10:49 pm
i spent 5 days making the base out of foam and im ready to fur it after i get the eyes but every tutorial i see on youtube just says to put tape on it and trace it on fur and they give no explanation on it. so could someone give me maybe an easier way to fur my first fursuit head? Thanks :)

3 Jan 2017, 10:53 pm
gr8brit that's the way i would do it. cover it in masking tape, draw on the separation lines, anywhere where the fabric would fold to far for it to do naturally (like around particularly curved surfaces), then cut along the lines and peel off the tape.
10332699_ylFKLuDJLRyMWsY.png

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
KaHgU83.png
painties | art

gos6vOr.png xHYiN4n.png 5pfM1fY.png
icon by pedroinboxfort

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
3 Jan 2017, 10:57 pm
gr8brit What they're talking about is actually covering half or even the whole head in either masking or duct tape, then drawing out the pattern directly onto the tape. What they mean by that is where you need to make cuts not only for how to best get the fur to lay properly on the head, but also for where the markings you want to include would be. For instance, here's part of a tutorial for the process: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/46/e5/f9/46e5f91b95ba8adbe276b91074991709.jpg Not the best image but it shows what they're talking about.
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
3 Jan 2017, 11:00 pm
gr8brit What they're talking about is actually covering half or even the whole head in either masking or duct tape, then drawing out the pattern directly onto the tape. What they mean by that is where you need to make cuts not only for how to best get the fur to lay properly on the head, but also for where the markings you want to include would be. For instance, here's part of a tutorial for the process: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/46/e5/f9/46e5f91b95ba8adbe276b91074991709.jpg Not the best image but it shows what they're talking about.

I still dont understand. So your saying cover it in masking tape then trace it on your base then on the fur and keep puzzling it together?
3 Jan 2017, 11:06 pm
gr8brit Yep! Once you've drawn out your pattern pieces and cut them off the head you can put them down onto the fur you're using and trace them out. Here's an old WIP pic of a head I made, when I got to the point where I was ready to fur it:

1274917837.torathemaestro_waner_wip_duct

I've marked out where I need to make my cuts to get the pieces I'd then cut out of my fur. Notice I've also marked which direction the fur should be laying, that's also important.
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
3 Jan 2017, 11:09 pm (Edited 3 Jan 2017, 11:10 pm)
gr8brit Yep! Once you've drawn out your pattern pieces and cut them off the head you can put them down onto the fur you're using and trace them out. Here's an old WIP pic of a head I made, when I got to the point where I was ready to fur it:

1274917837.torathemaestro_waner_wip_duct

I've marked out where I need to make my cuts to get the pieces I'd then cut out of my fur. Notice I've also marked which direction the fur should be laying, that's also important.

oh my god i didnt realize i was right. i was overthinking it. Thanks so much! :)