Did something change with CSS?

17 Jan 2017, 1:17 am
Heyo, I'm using one of Cro's templates for villager profile CSS. I have no idea how CSS works, so I'm not entirely certain what's going on...

The template came with white text. I liked that because it was easy to see on my custom backgrounds. However, today, all the text turned black. I didn't change anything, and looking through the CSS I don't see where the text is pulling its color from. Why did it suddenly change on its own? How on earth do I fix it?

Not currently active. Hoping to be back when the site starts making some positive changes.
in509H9.png

17 Jan 2017, 1:24 am
I was wondering the same thing because all the background pictures for their profiles broke a couple of days ago.
AN7M9x.gif
17 Jan 2017, 1:57 am (Edited 17 Jan 2017, 1:59 am)
I haven't done anything with profiles but have you tried using 'Inspect' on the portion of text you're interested in changing? It's a feature in Chrome, not sure what other browsers call it. Just put your cursor over the text (or any element you want to know more about), right click, and choose 'Inspect'. A box will show up to the side with the specific div element that you're inspecting highlighted. You can also mouse over other divs in order to see a bounding box of what they encompass. The divs will have 'classes' that you can select, or target, in the CSS using .classname.

If the class is already in your custom CSS and has the white font property (color: white; or color:#FFFFF;), try appending !important before the semicolon. Generally it doesn't need that, but it might be worth a shot.

Sorry if you've tried all this already!
LvF9gA.pngMkDY5I.gif
17 Jan 2017, 6:11 pm (Edited 17 Jan 2017, 6:22 pm)
LazyKat yeah, it's already got color#FFFFF !important; as the font color. It was white when I first applied it, and I never changed it. The problem is it turned black on its own quq

All the other font colors are working correctly. It's just the main font that inverted itself.

Not currently active. Hoping to be back when the site starts making some positive changes.
in509H9.png
17 Jan 2017, 6:29 pm (Edited 17 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm)
Oreloki
Strange! The following code turns Kin's description text white;
.villager-data{ color:#FFFFFF !important; }
What's your code for the section look like?
LvF9gA.pngMkDY5I.gif
17 Jan 2017, 6:33 pm (Edited 17 Jan 2017, 6:37 pm)
Oreloki

I had the opposite problem where all my text was white on a pale background. I just did the coding today - give me a moment to grab the fix. I'm on mobile so I'm a little slow.

Okay, this is how I did it for Nethke's profile:

.content {
color:#333333;
background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);
}

Just add the bolded part to your content subsection and pick whatever color you want your text to be.
Pings or it didn't happen.
±0 FV Time | She/Shklee/They | Nerd
bZsX8EA.png0qGA1vg.pngNNvnXrh.png
ILVL.png
47396_s.gif
17 Jan 2017, 6:41 pm
Jeverinth Interesting! Mine turned light blue instead of white, but at least it's readable now so I suppose this fixed it enough for me!

in509H9.png
17 Jan 2017, 6:42 pm
Oreloki

If you change the color to #affect it will turn white :3
ILVL.png
47396_s.gif
17 Jan 2017, 6:45 pm
Jeverinth nope, still blue, but I don't think I mind, just so long as I can actually read it xD

in509H9.png
17 Jan 2017, 6:54 pm
Oreloki

Weird. I'd have to look at your code, which is easier said than done when on a phone. Glad things are legible, at least!
ILVL.png
47396_s.gif