ASHFURNS: Retired Species

1 Feb 2017, 6:20 pm (Edited 18 Jun 2017, 8:45 pm)

BJUEGQf.png

Species Info | Create Your Own | Premade Adoptables

Welcome to the Legacy Ashfurn Adoption Hub, Ashfurns are now a retired species as of June 1st, 2017. Information on the species will be kept here for reference.

---

Feel free to put either of these in the bio of your existing Ashfurns!

Custom Button!
OzMoqyy.png
[url=http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/48527-adopts-ashfurns-a-fire-species][img]http://i.imgur.com/OzMoqyy.png[/img][/url]

Custom Banner!
Lzt10wJ.png
[url=http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/48527-adopts-ashfurns-a-fire-species][img]http://i.imgur.com/Lzt10wJ.png[/img][/url]

1 Feb 2017, 6:22 pm (Edited 31 Jul 2018, 4:10 pm)

★About Ashfurns★

Ashfurns are infamous for their searing tail, which leaves a trail of ash anywhere they walk. They live along volcanos, and any warm/dry/rocky areas such as deserts and arid mountain regions. These creatures dwell in caves, whether carved by nature or dug themselves. Their very tough nails and scaled hides make them very durable in these kinds of places.

The Ashfurns typically live their own lives, isolated from others of their kind. Though two mates will either be touch-and-go, or bonded for life. All newly-hatched Ashfurns leave their nest once they age, to make their own lonely journeys to homes void of any other life.

They naturally do well in the heat--this means given too cold of a temperature, they will become ill. A healthy Ashfurn has a large plume of flames adorned on the tip of the tail, while a sickly one has little to no flame at all.

Day-to-day survival includes hunting for small reptiles, birds, and mice to make a meal. Occasionally they will find a snake to be their prey, but an Ashfurn would have to be pretty brave to catch one of those. After a good hunt and bountiful morning meal, they save the rest of their spoils for later. Their preservation techniques include searing the prey with their tails, to keep it from rotting the rest of the day.

These creatures come in a variety of colours, which generally fall within Reds, Oranges, Yellows, Slates/Greys, and Obsidians. Albinism is very rare, and usually those born with it are called "Cold Fires".

Should you approach an Ashfurn, stay cautious. Some are known to be very territorial, and use their up-curved horns to scare off trespassers. Usually their horns are all for show, but if you are truly a threat, you best be running as fast as you can!

Information on Crystal Spine Ashfurns:

A new, incredibly rare gene has been found in Ashfurns. Crystal Spines are a unique phenomena which occur when an Ashfurn egg is incubated too close to magmatic flow. Most eggs are buried in the ground at warm, but not scolding, temperatures. These eggs (if they don't end up cooking) will have a chance to hatch a baby with crystalline growths. These Ashfurns have the hottest burning fires on their tails, and some of the toughest hides. But they are usually very beautiful to look at, and resemble gemstones. They usually come out with unique, strange markings no other Ashfurn has. There is no genes list for these random patterns, they are all a surprise!

★Gene Sheet★
qU7bpqB.png
Click for full size
(It's large!)

1 Feb 2017, 6:23 pm (Edited 18 Jun 2017, 8:48 pm)

★BASE OWNERS - RULES★

You had the opportunity to purchase the base and create your own Ashfurn! Once you have the base, you can make your own creations. But there are some rules to follow:

★Rules★
> Do not redistribute the base or claim it as your own.

> Do not alter the base to use it as a starting point for your own species.

> Do not share with friends to avoid paying for the base.

> You may share your characters on other websites, draw them, write about them, etc. so long as credit is given to me. You may link credit to this thread, my FV profile, or my deviantArt profile (SimplySuburban). I've created a small button, shown on the first post, which would be just as good for credit if you'd like.

> This base is optimized to use as a Shifty paintie, and should not be uploaded anywhere else but here. You may draw your character and upload it elsewhere, that is completely fine.
EXCEPTION: Your completed Ashfurn character official art may be used in character database websites, such as toyhou.se and the like. Be sure credit is given, thank you!

> You may add minor alterations to lineart (to create custom expressions, horn edits, apparel, scars, etc.) as well as recolour the shading and highlight. Just be sure the species is still recognizable.

★Buy the Base★

The Ashfurn base is no longer available as of June 1st, 2017.
All rules still apply to making your own Ashfurns!

1 Feb 2017, 6:24 pm (Edited 28 Jun 2017, 4:17 pm)

★Premade Adoptables★

Premades are already created by me and ready to be picked up by you. Each is unique and one of a kind. These rules apply to premade adoptables:

★Rules★
> Do not redistribute the adoptable or claim as your own artwork.

> Do not alter the adoptable to avoid purchase of the base.

> Do not share with friends to avoid paying for the adoptable.

> You may share your characters on other websites, draw them, write about them, etc. so long as credit is given to me. You may link credit to this thread, my FV profile, or my deviantArt profile (SimplySuburban).
EXCEPTION: Your completed Ashfurn character official art may be used in character database websites, such as toyhou.se and the like. Be sure credit is given, thank you!

> Feel free to change your adopted Ashfurn's name. I pre-name them to make it easier for purchase. And they can be any gender/sex you'd want.

> These adoptables are optimized to use as Shifty painties, and should not be uploaded anywhere else but here. You may draw your character and upload it elsewhere, that is completely fine.

> You may add minor alterations to the adoptable, such as custom expressions, apparel, scars, or the like. Be sure the species is still recognizable.

> You can hold up to 2 Ashfurns, and the hold will expire in 24 hours.

★Available Premades★

All out :0

★How to Buy★
You will send me a PM here on FV, and I will give you my PayPal information. If you do not have a PayPal, my business account can send you an invoice to your email for you to pay there (with any card you'd like). Once I receive payment, I send you the link to the file through Google Drive. If you are unable to use Google Drive, we can use Dropbox.

1 Feb 2017, 6:25 pm (Edited 6 Aug 2017, 1:07 am)

★Questions?★

If you have any questions this thread has not answered, please feel free to ask.

★Sneak Peek★
Check out this teaser for the upcoming species once Ashfurns retire!

TUd7DtN.png

Pinglist for release:
Hawkfeather Meesh Dubstep xarazura Pesticide elly LordKaen HalcyonHood RiceCakes Eclaire Laz griffhighwind McReyes Ryuuka S4INTS RioRazor IncubusRoyale GetInTheBagNebby NoctisEternal Tanya Sassibirb Hypernova StayingBehind ComplacentFool Koro-san arts-waifu I0dine Enoch Ellitchhizui MeloNeko Omelette WhiteVixen Mykestri Breezeyheart SkeleLizard24 redblackpawprint UFO-crasher Sinclair inkrunner101 Seraph Magpie

★Affiliates★
You pick me up, I'll pick you up!

2884535_A80phqR3bHyBQBz.png?1486362257

JZDNyZm.gif

sjSUMvs.png

large_by_tiercels-db3kap6.png

1 Feb 2017, 6:26 pm
res
1 Feb 2017, 6:35 pm
Interest Check Pings

MomoThePandaBear Iralla Dubstep stars_will_fall Deo ShinobiPika Svinn Lacerne Media Shuffluffalo TheKeikoIsALie Hawkfeather Kingkero Nimaine

Ashfurns are now open for business!
1 Feb 2017, 6:40 pm
So gorgeous! I'm broke ATM though so have a bump
Loading 99% complete...
1 Feb 2017, 6:45 pm
houseteeth These are delightful! I may come back and get one later, could I be on the pinglist for now?
elly | she\her | them\they | 20
♥Painties♥
♥Adopts♥
1 Feb 2017, 6:46 pm
elly
thanks! And sure thing. :) I ping whenever new premades are brought in.
1 Feb 2017, 6:49 pm
Ah, regret. I can't pay with USD.
Seriously a great species though, so consider this a friendly bump!
xKSncrg.png
1 Feb 2017, 6:51 pm
Hawkfeather
I understand, thank you for the bump!
1 Feb 2017, 7:40 pm
houseteeth
Ah, man, I unfortunately can't do USD at the moment ^-^; Consider this a friendly bump for this gorgeous species in the meanwhile!!
1 Feb 2017, 11:45 pm
bumpp
1 Feb 2017, 11:55 pm
Add me to the pinglist?
4a3b86e0dc7f696d17dd251afdff2e6d0ed56e98
my art shop
My dumb adopt shop that no one cares about
2 Feb 2017, 12:06 am
Tripp
added!
2 Feb 2017, 3:04 am
houseteeth AAA THESE ARE SO GOOD.... alas,i havent had $$ for months </3

would you be down for taking FD at all if I paid a little over the 1:1 ratio?
yhUw1ES.pngEvYFA6f.png
2 Feb 2017, 3:13 am (Edited 2 Feb 2017, 3:14 am)
houseteeth

... do you do holds? it's literally 4:13 AM where I'm at and I'm too tired to boot paypal up this instant... but I'd love if you'd hold Mika for me? I'd take Spitfire too but... idk if that's allowed (or considered incredibly rude)
k8asiU9.gif<--- behold my pudge

vital information
-wiggles arms-
dude/27/several frogs in a trench coat
(gif by Tspuun )
2 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm
LouseDog
hmmmm I can give a premade for FD! Not the base atm, as I need to pay a few bills yknow? but yeah I can do that

Dreki
I can do holds yes! And you can buy up to 2 premades every time a new lot is added in (i forgot to put this down in the rules--i'll do that rn) so that will be ok.
2 Feb 2017, 1:40 pm
houseteeth

are mika and spitfire still available? o: i have the fd on hand.
yhUw1ES.pngEvYFA6f.png
2 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm
LouseDog
the user Dreki has asked for a hold on both of those currently. A hold will expire in a day
2 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm
houseteeth ahh, darn, ok
yhUw1ES.pngEvYFA6f.png
2 Feb 2017, 1:48 pm

I can do holds yes! And you can buy up to 2 premades every time a new lot is added in (i forgot to put this down in the rules--i'll do that rn) so that will be ok.

I'll take both then! do you do invoices?
k8asiU9.gif<--- behold my pudge

vital information
-wiggles arms-
dude/27/several frogs in a trench coat
(gif by Tspuun )
2 Feb 2017, 1:52 pm
Dreki
yep! PM me your email and I will send one through my business account.
2 Feb 2017, 2:11 pm
houseteeth can you ping me for the next batch of premades you'd take fd for please?
yhUw1ES.pngEvYFA6f.png