Serpent Festival Fashion Show Discussion

20 Feb 2017, 10:25 pm
This is the place for you to post any questions, comments or discussions you might have involving our Serpent Festival Fashion Show!

Note: This is not an art or paintie contest. It is a RAFFLE, each eligible post you make gets you a "ticket".

Entries can either be a Villager you own with a Paintie on it that matches one of the themes.
or
Brand new Paintie art you create (it does not have to be on a villager yet to be posted)

At the end of the Festival entries will be cataloged and winners will be determined by RNG, then prizes sent out.

20 Feb 2017, 11:02 pm
Is commissioned paintie art not yet uploaded eligible?
jess #7302 | she/her | links
20 Feb 2017, 11:04 pm
Last Q&A thread it was decided that Gembound Plushies were okay as long as they were the nonmagical plushie versions.

Does this ruling still stand, or should I update my wishlist with different items now? ^_^
~~~
20 Feb 2017, 11:05 pm
I think someone asked in the previous thread, but I'm not sure what the verdict was- So is asking for currency allowed? Like could someone have 'A trillion FC' on their wishlist? I mean obviously this is extreme but the rules don't disallow it so...? Just curious!
xKSncrg.png
20 Feb 2017, 11:08 pm
I think someone asked in the previous thread, but I'm not sure what the verdict was- So is asking for currency allowed? Like could someone have 'A trillion FC' on their wishlist? I mean obviously this is extreme but the rules don't disallow it so...? Just curious!

I also have the same question ^^
JZDNyZm.gif
I don't bite! Feel free to poke me.

I. Love. Pings.
Whether I've seen, not seen, subscribed, not subscribed, stalked, not stalked, glorified, or not glorified a thread before..
PING. ME. I love it <3
20 Feb 2017, 11:11 pm
Hawkfeather Lilaka
The rules say to put five different items in the wishlist, so I don't see why we could wish for currency.
jess #7302 | she/her | links
20 Feb 2017, 11:15 pm
The rules say to put five different items in the wishlist, so I don't see why we could wish for currency.

If we want to get super technical, if currency were considered an item, you'd only be able to ask for 1 FC. XD

'Cause you can't use up one slot asking for ten beta bugs or something.
XNlBkTx.png
male | atheist | trans | aro ace | hylian
20 Feb 2017, 11:16 pm
msjanny As long as it belongs to you that is fine.

Lupin It's only the items that create Gembounds that are excluded, non-magicals are still fine.

Hawkfeather Lilaka Currency is not considered to be Items so they may not be on Wish Lists.
20 Feb 2017, 11:17 pm

Makes sense, but people are still asking for it so I was just hoping to get a concrete answer from a mod for everyone's sake.
xKSncrg.png
20 Feb 2017, 11:17 pm (Edited 20 Feb 2017, 11:19 pm)
edit: accidental double post, so editing to reference the answer I got while typing the previous post

Admin-Mat
Thanks very much for the definitive answer!
xKSncrg.png
20 Feb 2017, 11:18 pm
Jennifer u might have to change your wish list,,

copied from the entries post: "*Your prize wish list must contain 5 different items, excluding FurDollar Emporium items, any Gembound creation items, the Discourse Sword and Shield, Forum Vistas, and irl merchandise related items"
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
20 Feb 2017, 11:19 pm (Edited 20 Feb 2017, 11:19 pm)
RadioactiveAcid I listed the non-magical ones which can't be used to make a Gembound and were approved before when they first added that those weren't allowed.

Edit: And was approved above as well. ^^;
20 Feb 2017, 11:26 pm
Just curious, if you have two different painties, but for the same villager, can you still enter both of them for 2 separate entries? If that makes sense. ovo

Just asking cause one of the ones I have entered is old and I've been meaning to re-do it anyways, if I could draw the new one and still enter it that would be nice~ Would give me a reason to actually do it, aha. But if not I understand~

Doomy | 25 | She/They
Please Always Ping Me
ART SHOP
DEVIANTARTFURAFFINITYTOYHOU.SE
20 Feb 2017, 11:31 pm
Admin-Mat If one of our entries is not considered fitting enough, are we allowed to replace it with a different one?

I just wish there was some approval because I'd hate to waste anyone's time in the future for putting something in that I felt fit that may be considered otherwise by the judges before putting it into the RNG-machine T~T
20 Feb 2017, 11:34 pm
Doomy If if looks different enough from the first Paintie you may enter both but if they are near identical then you would need to choose just 1.

Jennifer You are free to post here and ask if you are unsure if a Paintie would be eligible or not, just be sure to ping myself or Deinmaar.
20 Feb 2017, 11:35 pm
Admin-Mat

Alrighty, that makes sense, thank you!

Doomy | 25 | She/They
Please Always Ping Me
ART SHOP
DEVIANTARTFURAFFINITYTOYHOU.SE
20 Feb 2017, 11:36 pm
Admin-Mat Thank you! T~T I put in Cascade (Formal), Bianca (Formal), Sakura (Formal), Melody (Fairy), and Shimmer (Serpent) so are they all acceptable? ^^;
20 Feb 2017, 11:37 pm
Admin-Mat
Can we enter shifties that aren't a default furvilla species, but still fit one of the themes? For example a galaxy patterned creature or quetzal palace themed one with gold bands and correct coloring etc.
KfVAaoS.png
20 Feb 2017, 11:40 pm
Jennifer Those all look like acceptable entries.

Dubstep Rules state that if if would be accepted as a Paintie it can be entered :)
20 Feb 2017, 11:42 pm
Admin-Mat

What exactly is the definition of "Quetzal Palace/Cloud/Sky" ? Pastels, pinks? Stars? Would this and/or this qualify ?
x4fHU1u.gif

Characters for Sale/Trade

njXgqRG.gif
20 Feb 2017, 11:45 pm
Admin-Mat said:
Jennifer Those all look like acceptable entries.

Dubstep Rules state that if if would be accepted as a Paintie it can be entered :)

Yay! Thank you so much for checking them over.
20 Feb 2017, 11:45 pm
Admin-Mat

I was planning to draw up some painties for this contest but it is likely they won't be ones I end up using myself. Is it alright if along with the paintie entry in the contest thread I make a little note that the paintie will be for sale after the contest so anyone browsing the thread will know they can drop me a message/ping should they be interested in it?
dcwp14m-a8e40a07-4059-4886-a6bd-d04ce69a
20 Feb 2017, 11:46 pm
bandycam Both of those would be just fine to enter :)
20 Feb 2017, 11:47 pm
(Won't ping again because I'm sure you get a lot of notifications)

Thank you so much! C: Now to decide if I have enough items I want to bother to enter aha...
x4fHU1u.gif

Characters for Sale/Trade

njXgqRG.gif
20 Feb 2017, 11:49 pm
Krissim While you are welcome to sell the Painties once the the raffle is completed we're going to have to ask that you not advertise in your posts. Thank you.