Existing Mechanics

10 Mar 2017, 4:24 am
Hello everyone.

In this thread we will be discussing the current mechanics that we have implemented in Furvilla.
Think about the way how the shops work, the chats, villager careers, decorating houses, the maintenance market, anything that requires the player to interact with the site.

Are there any pointers? Any troubles you have encountered? Something you wish that would be done differently? Please leave any suggestions and feedback you have in this thread!

Please remember to stay civil, and keep in mind that not everything will or can be implemented into Furvilla.
Thank you!

-Thaleia

10 Mar 2017, 4:34 am
I feel like the plush quests doesn't have a long enough timer, 1 hour to get 20+ items is hard if you're working on getting the uncommon to rare plushes
MOD-Thaleia

forum_sig_by_mishalykaia-dcc7dnt.png

Come visit my Icon Shop!
10 Mar 2017, 4:36 am
Not sure if it was requested before, but it would be nice if Menagerie sorting included option to sort out limited pets (possibly in the sort by village category since they don't belong to any village?).
And if it's possible, if we could sort out all the 'ready to breed' animals in one click I feel like it would be really convenient.
10 Mar 2017, 4:42 am
Quest leveling is hella broke... Pretty sure someone did the calculations and it'll take over two years to get to the gembounds if you do like 5/10 quests a day every single day
Quests need a complete overhaul, especially because it's not interesting to begin with and has very little payoff for the amount of effort/money put in
inactive
10 Mar 2017, 4:44 am
I think that the questing has to be thought out a bit more? Maybe level 1-5 can be common items, level 6-12 uncommon items and the rest can be rare? Because adding in house items from other villages is very...very hard, especially if there aren't any in the stalls.
·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ Andy | He/Him | INTP | Writer (Ao3) ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·
Join the Akio protection squad? Stately.gif Selling all for FR!
10 Mar 2017, 4:44 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 5:13 am)
It would be more beneficial to everyone if the restocking was made a little better. We have a lot of people and only having rare items restock at... what? 3 - 5 at a time, while not having a definite time of restock? Is very unfair for those of us using mobile or older computers. I've had many things show up and I've been too late to buy them because I'm on an iPad mini most of the time. A lot of us have given up on our dreams of getting rare items in the shops. :/

With Animal Husbandry, I was thinking of having a "check all" button when we're trying to organise stables. We have this button for inventories, so why not for breeders since a lot of the time we take all our pets out at once, and on computer it's annoying trying to check the boxes one at a time due to the very touchy drag-and-drop stable organiser that is currently in place.

I'll probably post more once I think of them. I know I had a lot of ideas before but I've forgotten them for now. xD

Edit to agree with peeps lol:
- Agree the quest stuff, especially the lack of proper payout for work put in.
- Agree with the furniture stuff as mentioned below by babbebbyb. :3 it may be kinda hard to implement, but it's still a bit of a pain. I'd love to use the furniture, but the system is so dang slow to use and clunky and ughhh.
- Agreed on the Username addition mentioned by Tashamon below, too!
10 Mar 2017, 4:48 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 4:53 am)
Quests. I feel like they are just really unfair overall. Firstly, that they ask for pretty much every item on site, I end up quitting a lot because I get asked for mythic costumes and super rare animals....also items that aren't even available on site yet, like right now the cooking items should be exempt.

Because I end up quitting so many, I'm lucky if I can get 5-10 done a day....which is still awful if we ever want to get one of the gembound plushies which at currently 10k quests to complete is still going to take years to achieve....

I don't think these should be easy to get, but I don't think they should be impossible either so I suggest either lowering the amount of quests needed for each level, or taking out all the super rare/none existent items from the equation.

Also, as you increase in level, the number of items needed increases with it, sometimes you can spend 20-30k on one quest and to get 50fc back just sucks and feels like a slap in the face.

I don't think the quests should be super easy, but they should be fun and rewarding and it's not rewarding right now to keep pouring money down the drain for something that will take years to accomplish and the likelihood is that people will get bored and leave before they even have a chance to get the gembound
10 Mar 2017, 4:56 am
Personally I don't like how you have to decorate houses.
Maybe it's just me but I haven't encountered a mechanic like this in a long time, if ever.
You have to select from a sidebar the furniture you wish to edit and only then can you move that specific furniture. Usually the furniture editing on other platforms, that I've seen, allow you to click on an item in the viewing window and then move it instead of having to go to a separate sidebar, clicking an item, and only then being able to move that specific furniture.
I feel like this would be better for large-scale furniture editing where you are making an image out of furniture and don't want to move things already in place. However, for people just wanting small-scale furnishing, this might be a little annoying. Not bad, but not necessarily fun.
Maybe it could be changed to where there was an option for either way -- Being able to click in the window to edit furniture without having to go to the sidebar, and an option to lock the window until you choose from the sidebar, and then editing a specific furniture.
dcuca99-c5827415-4da4-46bf-89f0-4670ea14output_daoahh_by_babbebbyb-dcu6ns1.gif
10 Mar 2017, 4:56 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 5:14 am)
I'd like to add to SeaEscapologist's post and suggest we have a 'no village' search and/or a 'FD emporium' search (so items that are not obtained from any village can still be specifically searched through) option in places like the item museum and stall search etc.

Additionally, (this is a minor pet peeve of mine) instead of having only the user ID on places like item/currency transfers, trades and mail with the button to 'check' the ID to bring up the username, I'd prefer if there was an option to put in the ID or the username in one of two boxes and the other would automatically show up.
I always have to double take when messaging someone from their profile as I expect to see their username, not their ID.

I would also really like to be able to type exact amounts of items i.e. in the inventory, quickstock, etc. as scrolling through a stack of thousands of items can be incredibly frustrating and exacerbating to existing/developing RSI.

I'm going to add to the quest discussion as I would also like to see the difficulty ramp reconsidered.. Currently, quests at later levels ask for more and rarer items. This means that players at lower levels (like me) can get quest shards easier than players that have completed many quests, and it doesn't make sense to punish players for using a feature more often. Quest shop items are already limited by the amount of quest shards they cost, and the level restrictions, so this extra hurdle seems excessive.

I'd also appreciate if the quest item request pool was more limited, so it doesn't say, ask for currently unreleased items, or ask for items sold in the quest shop itself. Furthermore, quest features on pet sites are generally used as an item sink, and asking for items that are already in high demand with little supply (for very, very little reward) feels a little counter-productive.
addddd_by_t_finbo-daz00g1.png
10 Mar 2017, 5:02 am
And I agree with everyone about the quests
I feel like it shouldn't even ask for uncommon and above coloured animals or types of furniture that costs 5k FC and above in the NPC run shop (obviously it's going to be even higher in the stalls). Not to mention limited items or ones that aren't in game yet.
And monetary payoff is too disproportionate to requirements. For example at level 4 I'm lucky if I have quest that let's me to stay on budget of 5k FC, but reward won't even be a 100 FC.
While I am happy that we don't have to wait 6 whole hours now, but with the current system even one hour wait is too long. But I feel like if quest requirments weren't so high most of the time it would work.
10 Mar 2017, 5:07 am
I'd definitely love to see some kind of mass-import, export for AH. This last event especially hit home for me how tedious it can be to have to do it all one at a time.

I've also always been a bit confused as to why repairs with steel are locked in at a certain number, whereas repairs with wood require you to scroll down to select the right amount.
10 Mar 2017, 5:09 am
Quest leveling is hella broke... Pretty sure someone did the calculations and it'll take over two years to get to the gembounds if you do like 5/10 quests a day every single day
Quests need a complete overhaul, especially because it's not interesting to begin with and has very little payoff for the amount of effort/money put in

^^^^^^^^^
tumblr_ot1xt5hafQ1siav5co1_500.gif
10 Mar 2017, 5:10 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 5:11 am)
I'd really like something for repairing more stables and pots in the maintenance market-- please allow them to be repaired altogether and not just individually. I've done the former once, and it took me approximately 6 hours of mind-numbing clicking to get each one done one by one...
10 Mar 2017, 5:12 am
A RTB sort option in the stalls would be nice. Also, storage. Currently it's just a wall of items and it'd be nice to have some way to sort it.
-its not who you are today, but who you are tomorrow that matters-

-Beta Tester-

https://www.instagram.com/lilaclion/
240701746&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Pelagos
10 Mar 2017, 5:50 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 5:51 am)
clownplant Oliver_Woolfe Domayne Ryuuka What if the items that are asked would be based on the speed you take to complete said quest? Like, if you'd do 2-3 quests per day, they'd only ask for Common items, but if you want to do them quicker (and hence, more), they'd ask for uncommon items?

Edit : As such, newbies could still do quests even if less and without involving high items whereas end-players would need to put more in it if they'd want to do quests faster.
10 Mar 2017, 5:51 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 5:53 am)
Oh, one more thing that has been bothering me for a while. It's alchemy potions production costs (and to extent effects).

I feel like at the moment it's way too high (at least for most of them). Quick search through the stalls shows that most special species morphing potions sell below their production cost. Even purely monetary one, not to mention ingedients. And if we include ingedient costs, then even common species changing potions are more profitable to sell back as the plants it takes to make them!

In addition some potions don't even have any practical use. For example: Toxic potion costs at least 10 times as much to make as priciest of medicines AND it takes an hour to make (while most cures need 30 minutes) and it won't even heal your villager.
10 Mar 2017, 5:52 am
I think some kind of an alert in the villager bar on the right or marker would be nice when a villager finishes its work. So for example, a villager finished rapairing a sword and you get a tiny green tick image next to its image or something like that.
tumblr_ot1xt5hafQ1siav5co1_500.gif
10 Mar 2017, 5:57 am
I was discussing this with someone else, and I would like to see exploring get a revamp. (all careers really, but exploring is the one I thought about the most).

It would probably take a long time, but here is what I would love to see:

When you click explore, you get the popup as now, but instead of just the plain boring you got blah,blah,blah, instead you would have an image of a meadow (all images would be themed to the village you are in). Instead of just the 'continue exploring' button, you would have explore meadow, which would refresh the image (bring up a different one) and have different 'flavor text'. Then, after say perhaps two explores, you get a different option to explore a different area (forest, cave, mountains, valley etc...) each with its own artwork and its own flavor text. In addition to the 'explore meadow' button, you would also have a 'go back' button which returns you to your previous area of exploration.

The Flavor text would be based upon what happens and where you are. For instance, in the Forest, you could have 'X has tripped over a tree root. Apparently X isn't the first to trip over this particular tree root. X Finds X, X, X, X', this could be especially interesting for diseases: X has stayed out too long in the cold. X has gotten Hypothermia' Or 'X has stepped in a hole and broken a limb'

The actual mechanics of exploring would still be the same 'click a button and get rewarded' and the actual items brought back would still stay the same (as would how they were determined). This would just give a nice aesthetic view to exploring, and hopefully help me stay awake while doing it. It would also require a bit more interaction than just clicking the 'go exploring' button as you would have choices (minor though they are) and feel like you are a bit more in control of the villager.
10 Mar 2017, 5:59 am
I agree with everything already said about the questing. That seriously needs to be fixed.

The other thing that bothers me is sorting/organizing my villagers. Right now, sorting them for my sidebar and my account profile are the same. I'd really prefer them to be separate things, because I don't want those organized the same way. On my account profile, I'd like to arrange them by ID number, just because, and on the sidebar, I want my working villagers. But in order to have my working villagers on the side, it screws up the ID order on my profile.
So, yeah. I'd like that changed.
Oh, and related note, with the new item coming out that lets us have more worker slots, I'd like it if it was also possible to have more than 10 villagers on the sidebar.
10 Mar 2017, 6:20 am
[quote=What if the items that are asked would be based on the speed you take to complete said quest? Like, if you'd do 2-3 quests per day, they'd only ask for Common items, but if you want to do them quicker (and hence, more), they'd ask for uncommon items?

Edit : As such, newbies could still do quests even if less and without involving high items whereas end-players would need to put more in it if they'd want to do quests faster.[/quote]

It sounds interesting but I'm not sure how it would work? How would the system know how many quests you are going to do? Would you click a button that says 'I want to complete 2-3 quests today'? Or by how long it takes to complete a quest? Because that could cause a problem say with furniture, there is none in the shop and you have to find someone from the specific village it came from which will make your quest take longer...unless I understood the suggestion wrong?
10 Mar 2017, 6:21 am
Lady_Lizzy see above, I broke the quote lol
10 Mar 2017, 6:22 am
Domayne Perhaps it could count completed quest per day? Like if you're on your third quest from said hour to said hour, it'd still ask you for commons, but if you'd go over 3, it'd ask you for Uncommon items?
10 Mar 2017, 6:23 am
Aelys said:
I was discussing this with someone else, and I would like to see exploring get a revamp. (all careers really, but exploring is the one I thought about the most).

When you click explore, you get the popup as now, but instead of just the plain boring you got blah,blah,blah, instead you would have an image of a meadow (all images would be themed to the village you are in). Instead of just the 'continue exploring' button, you would have explore meadow, which would refresh the image (bring up a different one) and have different 'flavor text'. Then, after say perhaps two explores, you get a different option to explore a different area (forest, cave, mountains, valley etc...) each with its own artwork and its own flavor text. In addition to the 'explore meadow' button, you would also have a 'go back' button which returns you to your previous area of exploration.

The Flavor text would be based upon what happens and where you are. For instance, in the Forest, you could have 'X has tripped over a tree root. Apparently X isn't the first to trip over this particular tree root. X Finds X, X, X, X', this could be especially interesting for diseases: X has stayed out too long in the cold. X has gotten Hypothermia' Or 'X has stepped in a hole and broken a limb'

The actual mechanics of exploring would still be the same 'click a button and get rewarded' and the actual items brought back would still stay the same (as would how they were determined). This would just give a nice aesthetic view to exploring, and hopefully help me stay awake while doing it. It would also require a bit more interaction than just clicking the 'go exploring' button as you would have choices (minor though they are) and feel like you are a bit more in control of the villager.

Omg this is adorable. *THROWS ALL MY MONEY AT THE SCREEN* I wants! ;0;
10 Mar 2017, 6:29 am
Domayne Perhaps it could count completed quest per day? Like if you're on your third quest from said hour to said hour, it'd still ask you for commons, but if you'd go over 3, it'd ask you for Uncommon items?

That actually sounds like a really good idea and would be more beneficial to new AND old players rather than the current system where I think I'm already stuck at 7? Items, everyday would be a 'fresh start' and not continously harder and harder for years lol
10 Mar 2017, 6:31 am
Aelys said:

This so much. I was really tempted to write a script/browser add-on that reskinned things like this, but I actually started with the villager page:

villager_screen_reskin_by_t_finbo-dazif8

The idea was to reskin the villager page to show villager houses themed after your current village instead of just the icons that you see on the standard page. Active workers would have slightly different house art based on whichever career they are currently in. The icons still show up so you can see which villager is in which house (although tbh should probably put the villager name/house durability/house durability indicator there too), and the background would tile so the reskin can fit as many villagers as you end up creating in it. I can still write it myself, but I would so much prefer if this was just how the site looked in the first place ;w;

It's so nice to see more people would really like the site to be a bit more immersive!
addddd_by_t_finbo-daz00g1.png