Existing Mechanics

14 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm
Setting/unsetting workers should have a 1 hour cooldown, not a 24 hour cooldown.

Or at the very least, make them tradable/transferrable. I don't get why they are locked to your account for a day when you change this?

I vote at the very least setting/unsetting workers has a 2 hour cooldown like career change does, because as of right now trying to time everything just right to be able to do things is a real pain
Elsie | She/Her | Art Shop|

5d1e25bf3c80251a33bb05272348fe36.jpg
15 Mar 2017, 6:57 am
NEVER SHOW the inactive villagers on the more villagers tap. Better yet, make it more accessible for mobile devices. There were great posts about making FurVilla more Free in terms of areas being more open for the mobile user.
yIutBeP.jpg
Anyways it bugs me whenever i get a new villager, its practically clogging the highlighted villagers tap.
<- This One, it collects Skulls too
15 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm
Setting/unsetting workers should have a 1 hour cooldown, not a 24 hour cooldown.

Or at the very least, make them tradable/transferrable. I don't get why they are locked to your account for a day when you change this?

I vote at the very least setting/unsetting workers has a 2 hour cooldown like career change does, because as of right now trying to time everything just right to be able to do things is a real pain

that would be reasonable too, just something less than 24 hours.
Kevin / Razerel (razor-el) | 25 | She/Her

If you have to use a nickname, call me Kev, or Raze.
Please do not call me "Raz", because it is a sore spot.

sdasdas_by_greaseroach-dcb9pgu.png
3 Apr 2017, 6:40 am
Hello everyone!
I'd like you all to know that I have read through your feedback and taken notes that I will be forwarding for further discussion.
Thank you all so much for giving us your thoughts and suggestions on improving the site!
As always, I can't say anything or make any promises of what will or won't be happening, but we'll always do our best to improve the site for everyone.
Please don't hesitate to leave any more feedback or suggestions if you have some!
Thank you!
4 Apr 2017, 3:13 pm
Would it be possible to change the "No" button on the special event encounters when Exploring to red? I also think the Yes and No options should be switched around, so Yes is on the left/the first option available, but making the No button red would be a huge help!
4 Apr 2017, 3:40 pm
MOD-Thaleia Flex Mod, let us briefly discuss breeding. Now it goes without saying that logically speaking, if you breed something with the same genes, that the offspring should come out the same as the parents or different. Case in point, we bred a male and female Purple Bat together. But what did we get in return for the offspring? A common Black Bat. Do you see why we are a bit upset and somewhat confused? Like we understand getting rarer pets potentially from common pets as well as common pets but getting lesser pets from rare pets just doesn't really make sense to us?
Please ping so we don't get lost!
dreampuff_raffle_banner_by_cthulucy-dbi4
[CENTER]21.jpg[
5 Apr 2017, 4:56 am
Restocking is one of my favorite ways to make money on petsites. The challenge involved in honing your skills and reflexes, and the rush of snagging a rare item in the first few seconds of a restock is hard to find anywhere else, and selling the item at a profit makes the time and energy invested in stalking items worthwhile.

This worked out really well with the pattern books and furniture, but the market's since become saturated and spending hours refreshing for a Super Rare drop just to turn around and sell it for next to no profit (or, worse, at a loss) is a serious letdown. The payoff doesn't balance the time spent anymore.

It'd be really great if more items were threaded into the restock system, especially consumables that can be used more than once, so that the market doesn't suddenly dry up when everyone's already gotten the one copy they're allowed.

I think that ready-made food items would be a good option. Food items aren't essential to the game, so players won't be impeded if they aren't able to get ahold of them, but they're sought after by those who want to compete in the food contest. Food items are frequently crafted and consumed, but even the cheaper food items are selling at a profit, which goes to show how popular it is.

Exclusive food items can be priced and pointed according to their rarity, with Super Rare foods giving the highest points. It doesn't have to be exorbitantly high--maybe slightly higher than the craftable food items, so that the top 20 isn't commandeered by people who can afford to snipe/buy up a bunch of SR restock foods--but high enough to give people incentive to shell out a little extra for them compared to craftables.

It'd probably be worth keeping the drops relatively rare, so that people don't just buy up stacks of Common foods every fifteen minutes and put the system out of balance. Otherwise, Common drops would have to be prohibitively expensive to purchase in bulk, since their food points can't be lowered enough to account for the drop numbers. (Commons typically drop in stacks of 20-25 every fifteen minutes. Even at the bare minimum of one food point apiece, that's 80-100 food points an hour, enough to hit the current top 10%.)
XNlBkTx.png
male | atheist | trans | aro ace | hylian
8 Apr 2017, 7:34 am
I have been thinking a bit about the furidol and think it could be improved. Having things seperated by species only doesn't feel balanced for a competition because if you happen to be only one in certain soecies you are guaranteed a gold trophy but if you are entering with the same species as many others the it is a competiton of who was noticed first because the vote cannot be changed.

some ideas to improve this could be:
  • Give each player a set number of votes (maybe 10?) they can spread between entries as they see fit.
  • Allow people to change their vote?
  • Have buttons at the top for each species to instantly sort entries for fair voting not ruled by who submitted first to be on first page. This will let people properly view contestants before voting.
Free Sneep/Manatee Studding
~You should probably ping me
deviantart
29 | married | icelandic | dragonkin | FV +6 hrs
20170222131517-0eb43560.png
8 Apr 2017, 10:49 am

Have buttons at the top for each species to instantly sort entries for fair voting not ruled by who submitted first to be on first page. This will let people properly view contestants before voting.

Yes, I agree with this wholeheartedly. I really dislike systems that are set up so that the first people to enter get a slight advantage over those who, perhaps due to time zone differences, cannot do so (and this is coming from someone who could enter at rollover if they wanted).
8 Apr 2017, 4:51 pm (Edited 8 Apr 2017, 5:06 pm)
And this has probably been mentioned before: construction worker.

The current system only serves to make people overlook the fact that they can repair structures without removing them

It should be enough just to have a villager with construction worker career selected to enable us to repair our own structures while they are still in use, putting them as active do these repairs should only effect the ability of repairing other users' structures. Let us repair our own structures/pots/stables without the whole "who is your active villager?" effecting things.
Free Sneep/Manatee Studding
~You should probably ping me
deviantart
29 | married | icelandic | dragonkin | FV +6 hrs
20170222131517-0eb43560.png
8 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm (Edited 8 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm)
With the way that some medicines are jumping in price because they use plants used in the Herbalist Medley Salad, it'd be nice if there was some sort of panacea medicine to use as an alternative in case one medicine's price ever jumps too high.

It could use the 5 uncommon plants not used the in the salad, and heal any minor illness (since minor medicines are the only one currently effected by this, though I'm not opposed to including major illnesses).

It'd be a little more of a pain to make, since it'll require plants that you can't get from your home village, but it gives those other 5 uncommon plants another purpose and at least give you another option to look towards if your pet gets hit with an expensive illness.
9203899_HKyfmms8htbfv5F.png
da thtumblr

art by sugaryu
9 Apr 2017, 9:32 am
Please make it so users can move/sell items at specific increments rather than at 50 intervals on all applicable areas (stall/inventory/etc.). I don't know why we can't do it in the inventory anymore but it's super annoying :(

tumblr_inline_oodqvxmJKu1qknkfb_75sq.png ♡ I love red pandas ♡tumblr_inline_oodqvxmJKu1qknkfb_75sq.png
sleep_isn_t_for_the_dead_by_sweetpeaarti0v5U0Qu.png
9 Apr 2017, 9:54 am
deathscience

I am pretty sure that it is because a TON of people were complaining that when you have 500+ items in a stack, going through to get to a certain amount, (say you want to move 250) was a PAIN. They changed it so that (unless there is an area I haven't seen it) that to the first 50 it is individual increments, then it goes by 50 increments.

I would hate for them to go back to the old way of doing things. It still is a pain really when you have a large amount in your inventory.

What I would prefer to see is a flat out text box that lets us enter the number of items to move. They could do something like 'text box'/#Total items so people know how many of an item they have.
9 Apr 2017, 10:01 am
Aelys ohh that makes sense. I just found it annoying when I wanted to sell a specific amount or wanted to trade a certain amount of something. But a text box would definitely be the best option since it'd satisfy pretty much everyone.

tumblr_inline_oodqvxmJKu1qknkfb_75sq.png ♡ I love red pandas ♡tumblr_inline_oodqvxmJKu1qknkfb_75sq.png
sleep_isn_t_for_the_dead_by_sweetpeaarti0v5U0Qu.png
12 Apr 2017, 12:01 pm
please make wardrobing a paintie so that the pet it's on can change species, costume, color etc.

Like, what happens if I have a character whose paintie is on a warrior cat base, and then an angelic big cat comes out that I decide they look better on? (Though this also applies to just regular species changes for people who can't afford/dont want to use shifties). I'd rather not have multiple villagers for the same character, and I definitely don't want to trash an already completed paintie so that I'll have only one villager of that character.

At this point I don't even mind if they can't actually EQUIP the paintie that doesn't match their current base - since the main problem with this is people don't want the viewer confusion of "this paintie doesn't match the base it's on" - I just don't want to have to throw away a paintie I made or end up not doing one for a base that works better because the pet can't change species or costume once paintied. (it would also make people, you know, actually want to buy wardrobe slots more than they do. maybe make the slots cheaper to pay for in FD to encourage FD spending and purchasing? since painties and wardrobing are a very superficial aspect of the game, so it doesn't really affect gameplay if this part is FD.)

TL;DR once a paintie is wardrobed, even if the pet's species and stuff are changed so the paintie no longer is equippable on them, it remains in their wardrobe for other viewers to see.

While we're at it, it'd be really neat, from an artist's perspective, if people could "like" painties that were wardrobed. Right now it displays likes without any way to add to them. Or a way for them to show up if they're searched for by tags even if they're wardrobed? (Like, just have them show up in the paintie gallery and then when clicked on they just link to the wardrobe they're in). And I think right now there's something about how switching around a wardrobe makes a paintie appear in the most recent, and some people are annoyed by that, so mb disabling that?

But yeah. Wardrobe. It's not bad the way it currently is, but i think this would help give it more use.
14 Apr 2017, 4:51 pm
for the love of all things holy, maintenance market needs some help.

I just took 100 workers off the market to fix a ton of stables
which is fine, they were avaliable, so I used them

however for everyone else's sake, have repairs done through the maintenance market either complete themselves (preferably) or give us a "complete all" button
because I feel obligated to complete all the repairs so that the next user can use the worker, but when I see 100 "complete" buttons, it's not surprising to think that I don't really want to sit through and click them all.  It is also not required that I click them all, I can leave them be and let the actual construction worker's user complete the action whenever they get back on or remember to check on it.  But until they do so, those 100 workers are still off the market even though, technically, their work is done.

other MM suggestions:
- for FD, it'd be nice if we could price by every 100/250/500 durability points (1 FD per 250 points instead of 1 FD per 1 points) because right now no one would ever pay with FD

- I'd love to be able to order by skill (ignoring costs) to see ALL of the highest skilled workers, not just the ones priced at 1 fc per durability point
9203899_HKyfmms8htbfv5F.png
da thtumblr

art by sugaryu
15 Apr 2017, 1:54 am (Edited 15 Apr 2017, 1:55 am)
adding on to Cute's post on the MM, some sort of way to, if not repair multiple pots/stables at once (I believe people have already mentioned this here), the ability to sort the dropdown list by most to least needing of repairs is a desperate need. because it's just random as far as I can see, and /especially/ for mobile users I just can't. (I've even seen fully 200/200 pots on the list get bunched up at the top and I just. I give up.)

heck, I only have 40-some pots and I'm to the point of just letting the things break and buying a new one because it's such a tedious and obnoxious system to try and repair the stupid things. e-e
I can only imagine the horror of users with 100 pots, or harem stables.
23 May 2017, 6:07 am (Edited 23 May 2017, 6:30 am)
One thing I would find useful would be the ability to use a breeding potion on a pet without having to put it in a stable. I am not currently running an Animal Husbandry villager, but I have a couple of mini-pets I would love to put in my menagerie, but I can't. I either already have one of that sex in there, or I have two, but both the same sex. I don't really want to waste a couple of hours waiting to turn my AH villager back to their current job (Explorer) just to change the sex of two animals.

But, until I do, I am stuck with those two in my Inventory as my storage is stuff full.

Chalk it up to being early and my brain not working...
23 May 2017, 6:22 am
Aelys you can use it breeding potion from the inventory if the pet you want to change is also in your inventory?
23 May 2017, 6:28 am
I looked and didn't see any use option, will check again, might have missed it.
23 May 2017, 6:30 am (Edited 23 May 2017, 6:30 am)
Aelys you can use it breeding potion from the inventory if the pet you want to change is also in your inventory?

Thanks, I had been looking for a dropdown menu to select the pet and completely overlooked the 'use' button.
13 Jun 2017, 6:20 am
Hello everyone.

In this thread we will be discussing the current mechanics that we have implemented in Furvilla.
Think about the way how the shops work, the chats, villager careers, decorating houses, the maintenance market, anything that requires the player to interact with the site.

Any troubles you have encountered? Something you wish that would be done differently? Please leave any suggestions and feedback you have in this thread!

Please remember to stay civil, and keep in mind that not everything will or can be implemented into Furvilla.
Thank you!

-Thaleia

Ive got an idea that can improve the users experience within the stalls.
There are people that are using their stalls as a secondary gallery (this leaves the consumer possibly pages worth of filler to skim through), and there are people using stalls for their intended purpose id est selling stuff.

The idea is to implement a "display/hawker mode" switch within the stalls manage tab.
The 'Display mode' functions exactly how the stalls work as of now and is on this mode by default, the 'Hawker mode' however, will only display items with a price on them when another user views the owners stall.

Benefits for this idea includes but not limited to: Helping stall owners showoff items they intend to sell - give users a quick and speedy overview of others stalls without all that unbuyable filler.
<- This One, it collects Skulls too
19 Oct 2018, 2:22 pm
(This is a re-post of a re-post I did eons ago, sorry for repeating XD Just figured it should be here in the master list after being prompted to in the Discord server)

Exploring as a career has a problem. It's the most basic career of all, but it's tedious and you get no control over the materials you bring back. With only 3 explorers, you have to make 60 clicks per hour, and this gets even worse the more explorers are added. It doesn't matter if you're just looking for SR materials, you have to battle RNG indefinitely until your luck just wins out with no way to influence your outcome. We can make this less tedious and give players more choice, while still keeping it basic.

Endgame people seem to be trying to avoid explorers so badly that battlegrounds had to be nerfed, so that the SR explore materials (like light mythic tablets) were most valuable to explorers again. We want to encourage people to go do their explores. So, why not make exploring a little more fun?

1. Instead of 20 clicks, every explorer will have 4. 5 for explorers with a costume that buffs them. The rate of finding items and events will be raised to match the new amount of clicks.

This would basically just cut down on having hundreds of clicks to do per hour, which gets frustrating with too many villagers. Instead of having to do 140 clicks for 7 explorers, you only need to do 35.

2. Add areas to 'spend' your explores in. These areas would have different rates for finding different things. For example, you can explore in the "woods" for a higher chance of finding wood, or explore in an "eventful region" to get less materials for a higher chance of triggering special events. There'd still be a region for a 'random assortment' so you could keep playing the career like it currently is, but with less clicks.

This would basically allow you to prioritize what you want. If you're looking for rare items, then you just get less items for a higher chance of triggering them. I'm often searching for more wood, so I'd spend a lot of time in a 'forest' area.

These proposed changes would also work better with the idea of adding skills and objects to help with exploring. If popular, stat systems could be added to these to make a higher chance of success for exploring in certain areas, or the ability to craft and equip items that change certain percentages in areas. The career would still be basic, the most basic of all careers, but it would be more interactive and there would be opportunities to allow progression.

Thoughts?
gazimchamp
21 Nov 2018, 1:11 pm
V7rLnib.jpg

Make 2D to 2.5D please.

Look,Toriel,I just want some beer at pub....
bb4f02ed79221c14f622501fa44c179c.gif
(sigh) Fine......