good animes/cartoons?

18 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm
i kind of like anime but ive only seen a few because im really picky so id like suggestions. im looking for some long series to watch (or movies) with things that i like and without things i dont like

things i like:
animals!
adventures
food
pretty much anything

things i dont like:
excessive romance (1 crush/relationship is fine but no love triangles or making out or the show revolving around romance)
nsfw stuff
cringy/weird art style
really weird proportions (huge boobs/butts, yaoi hands lol)
so like def not that anime where its girls fighting each other with their butts or whatever LOL
and nothing with like girls in bikinis a lot or being flirted with. idk it just makes me super uncomfortable

so! if you know any good animes without romance or nsfw stuff, id love to watch them! :3
rxdcc3b
y5a4auy9tbqq3ztyystovd7
tnmyerq
feel free to ping me for horse or werewolf adopts!

18 Mar 2017, 2:38 pm
atilla If you haven't watched it yet, I'd recommend Attack on Titan. Really good animation, a good plot, deep and unique characters, and there is no obsession with boobs and the girls don't have skimpy clothing like whatsoever, and a lot of them are really badass. And there is barely any romance, just one pairing that is just off to the side, and if you squint or whatever, one sided feelings between a couple of the main characters that are somewhat suppressed, I think, with everything else happening. There is a blood/dismemberment warning though.
FireHawk, Ultra Cool Krazy Awesome Lazy Lord Of Universe (Ping senpai or you will not be noticed)

attack_on_titan__7_minutes_in_heaven___e
18 Mar 2017, 2:45 pm (Edited 18 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm)
re:zero is a really good 'parody' of SAO . It's about fantasy RPGs, specifically the respawning element and how traumatic it would actually be to be killed, and then to just respawn like nothing happened. It's a really grim tragedy anime.

Blood warning. Heck, the main character gets disembowled in the intro.

And then there's Konosuba. Another parody of SAO and shows like it.
It's a comedy about a team of fighters in a fantasy world.
The healer only does sideshow magic tricks and rarely actually buffs the party, + is a horrible person, the tank has high armor stats and health but essentially 0 accuracy so she cant hit, and the DPS does really huge explosion magic that knocks her out every time she uses it, but refuses to do anything else.

If you're looking for cartoons, I suggest Steven Universe and Gravity Falls, although you've probably already heard that.
eTEsHeO.png
i am the crab man i eat memes
rattata is my favorite pokemon
check out the trading marketplace i made here
18 Mar 2017, 2:45 pm
if youre up to watching "kid cartoons" paw patrol is very nice ^q^ it has a lot of cute animals and its lots of fun

ZrcYX3U.png

vista by lovingrobot
18 Mar 2017, 2:51 pm
kids on the slope: about music and making friends; there is some romance but its still one of my favs
dennou coil: sci-fi! a really fun adventure with some kids and augmented reality
serial experiments lain: also sci-fi, can be hard to understand sometimes, older
uchouten kazoku: about a family of tanuki, very sweet story (a bit of romance)
natsume yuujinchou: very good anime about a boy making friends with youkai and humans

all these are some of my all time favs. all have fantastic art & animation
3xuNC2a.png
18 Mar 2017, 2:54 pm
atilla Since you like food, I've got some shows for you! Sweetness and Lightning is an anime about a recently single dad who learns to bond with his young daughter over food! No romance at all! Wakako-zake is a short episode series about the goodness of individual foods! This one doesn't have any romance either, since the only interaction the character has is with her food XD I've really gotten into food manga as well, so if you want recommendations for that as well, I've got lots!
fv_shop_icon_by_kumadine-db9t4w6.png

kuma
ku_ma_by_kumadine-db9t66z.gif
she/they
18 Mar 2017, 2:55 pm
FireHawk ive seen a few episodes but then couldnt find any more dubbed ones, but that was awhile ago so ill probably get back into it! thank you :3

Koushi ive seen fullmetal alchemist and i loved it! ill check out the others too, thank you :D

sunflower those sound really good! ill take a look at them, thank you for the suggestions! oh and you just reminded me i need to finish gravity falls (and i love steven universe omg)

nyan48 I LOVE PAW PATROL OMG but ive never told anyone because its embarrassing lol but i love the characters and the animation is really adorable and ahhhh
rxdcc3b
y5a4auy9tbqq3ztyystovd7
tnmyerq
18 Mar 2017, 2:55 pm
Oooh, if you haven't see it, Mob Psycho 100 is really good. the animation in that is some quality stuff, buts it unfortunately not very long.

another good one is Blue Exorcist, that ones pretty good too
1_by_hatty_hime-db72j82.gif3_by_hatty_hime-db72j7u.gif

Avatar made by Mayadile on Tumblr and Pixels by Hatty
18 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm
noll :O those sound super good, especially the tanuki one sounds cute :3 thank you!

kumadine OOOO I LOVE FOOD so much omg ill probably watch those! thanks :D

hehe so much anime to watch
rxdcc3b
y5a4auy9tbqq3ztyystovd7
tnmyerq
18 Mar 2017, 3:00 pm
atilla no prob!! lemme know if u watch any & like them c:
3xuNC2a.png
18 Mar 2017, 3:00 pm
You mentioned liking animals (and food!) and of course you're here on Furvilla so I gotta recommend Shirokuma Cafe/ Polar Bear's Cafe!

It's an episodic slice of life anime featuring semi-anthro animals in the human world, specifically at a cafe. There's a small handful of human characters. The main character is a very lazy panda who is a regular at Polar Bear's cafe. It's a little quirky and lighthearted, not always super exciting, but I love it.
22/USA(-2 fv time)/She or they
- DeviantArt-Tumblr-YT -
18 Mar 2017, 3:01 pm
Oh, also, I've heard Your Lie in April is a good one, and it's on Netflix.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is also a good Anime (american, not japanese)
It's sequel/spinoff The Legend of Korra is kinda ehh but it's okay.
eTEsHeO.png
i am the crab man i eat memes
rattata is my favorite pokemon
check out the trading marketplace i made here
18 Mar 2017, 3:03 pm
Yuri! on ice is a really good one

tumblr_p9ninkba8j1x3mfdmo6_250.png
~ She/Her Pronouns - INFP - Artist ~
Formerly known as @Ralsei | Pfp by tentatek
18 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm (Edited 18 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm)
If you like food and some absurdities, Shokugeki No Souma or Food Wars! is an epic series :3 it's a little silly at times but overall the food and animation in it look AMAZING and it's pretty entertaining. there's 2 seasons out right now ;3
18 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm
atilla No problem! Every episode except for the OVAs can be found dubbed on YouTube, and watching them all is great preparation for Season 2, which is coming out on April 1!
FireHawk, Ultra Cool Krazy Awesome Lazy Lord Of Universe (Ping senpai or you will not be noticed)

attack_on_titan__7_minutes_in_heaven___e
18 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm (Edited 18 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm)
Yuri! on ice is a really good one

i didnt want to suggest this but i love this anime so much -sobs- its so amazing ;3;

Also, steven universe. adventures to the max ;3
18 Mar 2017, 4:02 pm
Fennelcat I LOVE THAT ONE SO MUCH, IT PRETTY MUCH INSPIRED MY WHOLE ONLINE PERSONA. VERY GOOD 10/10
fv_shop_icon_by_kumadine-db9t4w6.png

kuma
ku_ma_by_kumadine-db9t66z.gif
she/they
18 Mar 2017, 8:43 pm
kumadine

Oh, I wondered about that when I saw your avatar on this thread! (it's super cute by the way =D )
22/USA(-2 fv time)/She or they
- DeviantArt-Tumblr-YT -
19 Mar 2017, 2:42 am
Wander Over Yonder is a really cute cartoon, if you haven't seen it! It's incredibly goofy but very good-spirited and sweet.

As for animes, my favorites are Erased (a time travel-based murder mystery type situation), Death Note (super dark but uhh jaded honors student finds a magical item that lets him decide who lives and dies), Noragami (stray god trying to raise money for a shrine, things happen™), Mushishi (episodical, calmer anime about a wandering man who helps people with their problems involving spirits/sentient microbial things called Mushi), and Monster (brain surgeon saves a child who grows up to be a serial killer, takes it upon himself to find and stop him).

My anime choices are much darker than my cartoon choices, it seems x'D

Yuri on Ice is nice too, can confirm. It has it's share of fanservice but it's fun, haha. Haikyuu is also a great sports anime that's really positive and cool! Gets me really fired up, sometimes I watch it while exercising / running on treadmill. Uhh gosh there have to be more but I'm drawing blanks right now, it's late, pfft.
art shop | dA | toyhou.se
tumblr_p6q3l8cmLj1ry7oxoo1_400.gif
21 | she | infj
long live the reckless and the brave
i don't think i wanna be saved
my song has not been sung
so long live us
stream
19 Mar 2017, 2:50 am
I'm not sure what counts as NSFW but I realllllly like Samurai Flamenco. It's hilarious, imo. The main character does end up naked a couple times, but for comedic reasons, not romance/sexual reasons...He's just very stupid, lololol It's kinda...Making fun of super hero anime/tv shows (think Power Rangers and Kamen Rider and the like)
It's on Netflix, so at least it's easy to find, lol.

Yuri on Ice is also veryyyy good. It's techniquely a romance/sports anime, but the romance doesn't overpower the rest of the show, imo, and everything in the show fits soooo well together.

Oh, and One Punch Man is HILARIOUS. I think it's got a bit of comedic nudity in it, but again, not really counted as NSFW, tbh.
24~She/He/They~Genderfluid~Doggo~
Icon by Sixbane
3224626_1t3wnPZpFNzBqVO.gif
Sig art by Tiedenn
OCGPyNh.png
19 Mar 2017, 2:53 am
I feel like a lotta my favs are pretty "mainstream" or old shows that a lot of us watched in our childhoods but here I go;

Star vs. the Forces of Evil has really picked up if you havent watched it

Miraculous Ladybug is fairly childish/cheesy and has romance (it's not the main thing but it's a big part) but it's a cute western Magical-Girl sorta show

The Avatar series (The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra) has ties to a lot of people's childhood so it's likely you've seen it? idk but its definitely my favorite show of all time.

American Dragon was the show I was obsessed with as a kid

IDK if you've seen the Ginga series (Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and Ginga Densetsu Weed) but they're old and weird. The animation is awful but it's animals and adventure/action lol.
b3weo6.gif
Tyler | 21 | INTJ | 6w5
⭐Art Blog⭐
Paintie Shop
Art Shop
19 Mar 2017, 3:59 am (Edited 19 Mar 2017, 3:59 am)
atilla

Hm...

Flip Flappers (I do recall a portion of nudity in this, but none of it was sexual.)
Konosuba just realized that was suggested already hehe
I haven't caught up with Youjo Senki, but it was entertaining while I was watching it.
My Hero Academia hasn't been mentioned... Strange.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures (it'll pick up in the 2nd part. :3c It's pretty silly, but full of action as well. Pretty ridiculous things happen in it, too. Vouching for this anime's charm has always been so hard, it's so strange (giant muscular rocky men who pose dramatically whilst fighting) yet I love the fuck out of it :P)

i can attest to Mob Psycho 100 which was already mentioned. You could enjoy that, too.
20 Dec 2019, 2:19 pm
For an Anime, I just got into one called Noragami.
It's about a lesser-known God who does small jobs to earn money for a shrine of his very own. While on a job, he meets a girl that throws a major wrench in his plans xD
Yato_gif.gif