Funeral for my fursuit foam base

17 Apr 2017, 8:04 am (Edited 17 Apr 2017, 8:07 am)
MeloNeko BK cookie4q Starfoxxe alphayoshi RedlaSunShowers029 Tapu_Koko Niqa Gaming_Early Marmalade

Thank you guys for your support, she has given it back to me but then taken it away for a different reason XD at this rate I'll never finish it...

Today seems to be going well between me and her, so we'll see how everything turns out

Steampunk_Llama
Right, like when I ordered the fur for it, it ended up being like $90 or so (from birthday money), the foam alone was like $40 and that was with a 60% discount

Rotsuoy
Amen! It just makes me care less when what she wants is for me to care more
She also took my paints and palette knife away for a while, but I got them back, thank gosh
The thing about my mom is that she's all like "draw more realistic things, stop drawing cartoons all the time," and "spend more time on drawing, making a fursuit head isn't going to help you at university" but really it could help me to apply to university because it is actually 3D art and it's probably a lot different from what they normally see when people apply

Grimmjow
Yeah, hopefully soon I'll be able to get some space, so hopefully that will give me some freedom

MamaOtaku
I have tried to calmly explain that yelling at me and threatening me makes things worse but she always tells me to shut up before I can finish...
art thread:
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/61022-powerisfinites-art-sales-open
17 Apr 2017, 8:10 am
I never got as high as a C or B in my time at school. Those are good grades?? D: she's acting ridiculously imo. And you deserve a life outside of school as long as it's not affecting your grades (which it obviously isn't because they're good?).
16835386_YPGSm6nF7NJiw1c.png
17 Apr 2017, 8:18 am
FiniteFeline
If you'd like any help with school i currently have a discord study group running
if you'd like to join here is the link
https://discord.gg/ggEzSNh
blip_walk_by_mvcreation-dby2s3i.gifHello hope you have a great day!blip_walk_by_mvcreation-dby2s3i.gif
Help Alekzy

17 Apr 2017, 8:22 am
I kinda get where you're coming from, my parents are seriously obsessive over my grades

and get this

I have mostly A's and A-'s, one B and one C and my parents are always wanting me to raise it all to an A before they get off my back. I understand your pain, they assume so many things about me and it seems your mom does the same. One evening I was crying just to release some emotion and my mom took it as theatrics and such and ended up taking away all my electronics.

And then was just as obsessive over my grades as usual and now I didnt have my laptop so I couldnt do half my work.
I have my laptop back now, but I have yet to see my Tablet or DS again.

I wish you the best of luck speaking sense into her, and you can try to hide the fursuit with a friend, but i would be careful, depending on how badly she wants it there as leverage hiding it can cause problems
I tried hiding my Tablet with a friend after my mom went and raided my room and she got so pissed at me. However, since its not something she really wants to destroy and just wants to get it away from you, hiding it may work in your case.
unknown.png
Source
~Silver~ 17~Forever tired artist~FV time~
17 Apr 2017, 8:23 am
OneSmartChicken
I hope you are feeling better, it's awful to hear that your mom turned on you, moms should be there for their children, not turn on them or leave them high and dry.

I have tried explaining to her that what she is doing is not exactly the right way to go about it, I have even pulled up articles to show her that yelling and cursing at me and even threatening to destroy my creative works is not right, but she doesn't bother to listen, I've tried telling her this calmly

In previous years I've been getting all A's and B's, but then I hit middle school and that's when it became a bit more stressful and when things really started to go downhill, I got my first D, then high school and more yelling, I've just kind of stopped caring about school really, I won't drop out, but I just kinda float through it now and if I get a good grade on something it's just kind of whatever, whereas in Middle school it was like "cool, a good grade" and in Elementary it was "YUSSSSSSSS!"

I'm in a good art class right now, the teacher is strict, but I've improved a lot, and no matter what my classmates say, the class is still pretty great even though the teacher makes us cry sometimes XD

Thank you for this, it really made my day better
art thread:
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/61022-powerisfinites-art-sales-open
25 May 2017, 1:05 am
aw man this isn't the best spot. I'm not very experienced an advice-giving so imma just send an internet hug your way: giphy.gif
Ping me if you want my attention / Ask me about Dinosaurs / INFP-T
1 Hour Ahead

23.jpg
25 May 2017, 1:11 am
ugh, this is heartbreaking to read, especially because I have been there and it is terrible and so, so unfair.

I don't really have any advice that hasn't already been said here, but I'll send some positive energy your way. we're all here for ya.

sometimes parents get freaked out when they feel they're losing control over their plans for your success. they DO mean good but HOO BOY can parents do some terrible shit nonetheless. try and leverage with her, get on her level even if it sucks, and she might back off. sometimes they'll back off especially if you prove that you have a plan to "fix things".
mmeiis.png

♥ f0xx0rzz | they/them | spooky ♥
I'm collecting 2017 Jack O Lanterns!!
25 May 2017, 1:13 am
i am right there with you lol... i had to have average A's.. B's were acceptable but i didn't dare tell my mom when i dropped below that. good thing she didn't press for report cards ://

Sorry about your situation. Try to lay low and take the advice the others have given. Good luck >__<
mbgr72alegac2k
kr36xep

⭐ He/Him ⭐
⭐ I want to be your friend :3 ⭐
25 May 2017, 1:33 am (Edited 25 May 2017, 1:33 am)
I'm here with you friend, It's not helping to take away outlets in any way, whatsoever.
(Lol, i've been grounded from electronics for the last month because I lied about my grades dropping to b's because I just didn't want to deal with her. And I am terrified that she's gonna find out about the C, which is due to having a panic attack while I took a test because I didn't know some of the material)

Edit: ^Just ignore that I need to vent to somebody
*exhales* I escaped 1st semester with a 4.0 and every day we get closer to the end of the year I panic a bit more. Taking away my art supplies made things worse, but hey I'm not telling her that. Because I do not question the step-mom. ever.

As others have suggested, things you don't want to be taken, hide or "lose" them. Or try not to express too much interest in that thing around her, it won't be seen as something to take.
If it's my forum, you don't need to ping!

If you don't know me, I like birds. Mostly chickens. Chickens.
2 Jun 2017, 8:38 pm
I'll never know what it feels like when a parent gets upset over bad grades. My parents literally don't care.
3 Jul 2017, 5:59 pm
My parents get mad at me whenever my grades drop below an A!!!

FiniteFeline
I'm so happy that it eventually worked out between you and your mom. No one should have to deal with the destruction of something they worked really hard on :3
He/Him|Georgia,USA
Currently 17yo
Icon by: flashwolf & Vista by: buffalo
INTP-T