House of Mirrors Adopts

11 May 2017, 2:30 pm (Edited 13 May 2017, 11:18 am)
Welcome
3631552_qffC4nzlAvMwt2p.png
Hiya, traveller, and welcome to the House of Mirrors, home of the reflections! We're a quiet bunch, but we'd love to go home with someone who'll take care of us! Or, if ya want, you can create a new reflection out of your own energy!

~~~

Table of Contents
  1. Introduction
  2. About the Reflections (Includes rules)
  3. The Houseguests
  4. A Mirror of Your Own
  5. The Shop
  6. Wall of Reflections
  7. Pinglist

11 May 2017, 2:40 pm (Edited 17 May 2017, 5:23 pm)
About the Reflections
3631552_qffC4nzlAvMwt2p.png

Greetings, and good to see you're taking an interest in us reflections! My name's Hearts, and I'm in charge of the information booth! Uh. Or the information pedestal, I dunno. It sure isn't a booth. ANYWAY, there are a few sheets of paper over there, or you can talk to me and ask or something.
About said:
Reflections are, as the name suggests, the reflection of another creature in some crystalline surface. They are barely tangible beings, made of what seems to be whisps of smoke rather than any actual substance. While they reflect the creature's mental and emotional traits, however, these beings can have any appearance they decide to have. For example, it is not uncommon to see a reflection of a cat with rabbit ears, or something similar. However, it is incredibly unlikely that one would find a reflection that acts differently from the creature it mirrors.

Biology said:
While they may appear solid, a reflection is actually a collection of light, smoke, and thought that has taken a visible form. They do not have an actual body, but do possess a sort of spirit, which contains their personality, thoughts, and memories. This spirit is housed within the lights and smoke, and they do not like to be too near physical beings in order to avoid their spirit being touched, which they believe would, in a sense, "dirty" them.
Since they are not physical beings, a reflection can take any form it desires; however, it cannot easily change this form. In order to do so, it would have to rearrange every molecule of its being, which is both painful to the reflection and is very time-consuming. For this reason, reflections avoid changing their physical appearance unless they find it extremely dissatisfying.
Reflections are unable to reproduce by any normal means, as they are entities made entirely of smoke, light, and thought, but are capable of creating more reflections by finding other beings that can be reflected. For example, a reflection could find another creature that has negative thoughts and secrets that they are keeping, then it would cast a spell on the creature so that a reflection could be created. This is the only way that a reflection can be created.

Mutations said:
As reflections can appear in any way they would like, these should not be considered true "mutations," but a form of expression on the reflection's part. They are ways a reflection may modify its appearance at the time of its creation, and is extremely difficult to change once it has been formed. These "mutations" can range from scars to fur patterning, to changes in the appearance of a reflection's eyes.

~~~

Types of Mutations

• Angelic -> Angelic reflections have wings on their backs, that look similar to those of an angel's. They are normally white, but can take most any color the reflection wants; however, they typically are not the same color as the reflection, as a general rule. These reflections typically are created out of a being's desire to be what it thought of as "good."

• Beast -> A beast reflection has longer "fur" on their faces, and very sharp teeth. They have slitted pupils and very sharp claws, and are often described as being very aggressive to others. These reflections are often formed from vengeful beings, who want to harm others. They typically do the will of the creator, despite knowing their actions are wrong; due to this, a beast reflection may often feel guilty, and avoid others at all costs.

• Heartbeat -> A reflection with this mutation has markings similar to a heart monitor on its wrists, and a heart-shaped mark on its forehead. It is unknown why this mutation occurs, but often it is found in reflections whose hosts have poor physical health. Therefore, it is theorized that a reflection with this patterning is trying to express its creator's poor health through its body.

• Normal -> A reflection with no mutation; these typically have one or two fur colors; the two-colored ones present as a gradient of the two colors. For example, a two-colored reflection may have a gradient form its head to its "feet" of two different colors.

• Scarred -> Reflections with this mutation have scars in various places on their bodies, depending on what the reflection itself wants. These are often formed when the creator is struggling with physical harm, as opposed to physical illness, which creates a Heartbeat mutation.

• Stuffed -> These reflections have patterning similar to a plush toy on their arms and sides, and are normally very brightly colored. They normally form when their creator is struggling with the idea of growing up, or have problems that are often considered "childish" by others

• Tipped -> Tipped reflections have another color on their paws and ears; this color is usually darker, but can be a lighter color if the reflection wants it to be. These reflections usually form like this for no known reason; there is no correlation between anything in the creator's life and the reflections with this pattern.

Staff said:
Different reflections run different parts of the thread! Here is a list of the notable ones!
  • Hearts
  • Horror
  • Angel
  • Rue
  • Hira
  • There is also one that tends to... Mess up the system on occasion, but we can never find them until it's too late.

Rules said:
Since they seem to be really popular, there needs to be a list of rules!

1. These guys aren't really "closed," but I would really like to see what people make of them!

2. You do have to buy a mirror to use my base! I put a lot of work into it! 'Course, if you're not posting it anywhere and are just using it for art practice, just message me and I can send a PSD.

3. I can make any edits you'd like if you don't like a reflection I made for you! If the reflection is a premade, edits cost an extra 500 FurCash or 1 FurDollar.

4. You can do whatever you want with a reflection you've bought! If you make a toyhou.se for them, please let me know if you're comfortable with it; I'd love to link it in their part of the thing!

5. You can make any edits you want to a reflection I've made, just please send a picture so I can change their picture on the list of existing reflections!
11 May 2017, 2:48 pm (Edited 24 Jul 2017, 8:36 am)
Meet the Houseguests
3635411_PXZ7kDv8FWFWMtV.png3635408_7SIjEoSFz7xO8tf.png

Hello. Our names are Angel and Horror, and we're in charge of keeping everything in order around here. Occasionally, a reflection will come to the house after serving its purpose in life, and will want to go home with someone else. These reflections will appear in various different ways, and will have different kinds of mutations. Some may come with backgrounds and other art their original creators gave them.
Visitors said:
Premade
74ISeer.jpg
By FurHeart27 , please ping/send payment to them!
2-colored with extra markings
2000 FurCash | 4 FurDollars

AdzB7g9.png
Spaced Out, By me
2-colored Basic with Extra Markings
All Sold

Ufdjoex.png
Glitched, By me
1-colored Basic with Glitch Effects
Bugged | Corrupted | Error | Rewind | VCR | Virus

~~~

Auctions/Giveaways
T5J2MlJ.png
Click the image to go to the album!
Also let us know if anything's wrong, we had to use Google and I want to make sure they're all right for people!
Additions (since I can't seem to add them to the folder)
Genderflux
11 May 2017, 3:07 pm (Edited 24 May 2017, 4:06 pm)
A Mirror of your Own
3635413_d6B9Hd4cJNRr9QS.png

Huh? Someone here? Oh, hi! I'm Rue, and I'm here to help you make a reflection of your very own! You can put 'em wherever you want; forums, villagers, you can even make them a paintie! Anyway, uh... Here's how to order!
  1. Don't ping me, I'm subscribed to the thread!
  2. Tell me that you're adopting a reflection!
  3. Tell me what mutations and colors you want!
  4. I'll tell you the price! You send the payment and I'll send the reflection over!

Mutation information
RMLys9J.png

~~~

Prices
Basic One-color
1,000 FurCash | 2 FurDollars
Basic Two-color
1,500 FurCash | 3 FurDollars
~~~
Heartbeat, Stuffed, Scarred, Tipped
2,000 FurCash | 4 FurDollars
Beast, Angelic
2,500 FurCash | 5 FurDollars
~~~
Add Extra Markings
500 FurCash | 1 FurDollar

Order Form
Since some orders are a bit confusing for me, here is a little form you can use to help me read better!

Mutation(s):
Color(s) and Locations of colors:
Additional Markings:
Additional purchases:

Sales
Pet Rocks
Grey Pet Rock
Basic one-color with extra markings, Basic two-color, Mirror to make your own reflection
Striped Pet Rock
Heartbeat, Stuffed, Scarred, or Tipped Reflection, or a two-colored with extra markings
Tiger's Eye Pet Rock
Beast or Angelic reflection, or Heartbeat/Stuffed/Scarred/Tipped with extra markings
Rainbow Pet Rock
Any Reflection with any extra markings, plus a camera with your choice of size (100px, 250px, 500px)
11 May 2017, 3:09 pm (Edited 19 May 2017, 11:17 am)
The Shop
uAa65Lu.png

Hi, and welcome to the shop. I'm Hira, and I'm in charge around here. You can find various items lying around in here, mostly 'cause I'm not all too great at cleaning, whoops.
Available Items
rh9N6Xc.png
A parchment sheet that will provide you with a reference sheet of your reflection. Not available at the time (mod doesn't have the sheet base ready)
1zg8rYN.png
A mirror which will allow you to create a reflection of your own. Mod will send the .kra or .psd file of the base for you to create one.
1,500 FurCash | 3 FurDollars
CvaYH5k.png
A bow you can put on your reflection. This can be modified into most any accessory.
500 FurCash | 1 FurDollar
1MwKuaz.png
A camera, which will provide you with a 250×250 icon of your reflection, similar to this, or a 500×500 icon like this.
For a 100×100 icon
4,000 FurCash | 8 FurDollars
For a 250×250 icon
6,000 FurCash | 12 FurDollars
For a 500×500 icon
8,000 FurCash | 16 FurDollars
Note: These icons are made without a base, so it would be helpful if you'd tell me what kind of expression you'd like!
11 May 2017, 3:11 pm (Edited 11 Jun 2017, 12:19 pm)
List of Reflections
This list consists of all the existing reflections, save for the ones that are in charge of the thread topics.
fN299Ch.png2-color Stuffed | AzuelZorro102
pI3swF5.pngAngelic/Beast/Stuffed | Hypernova
TDkkZvc.pnghQLfnP9.png
Humane
Oygy4N2.pngcSnZtzP.pngSKOcE49.pngLHAKHSQ.pngNE19sK3.pngAfT2aiQ.png
PopcornSnuffler
XPHoV9d.pngTipped | Pandorose
19Lgt92.pngStuffed | WaffleRocket
3w9gk1G.jpgEAbJ6Mv.jpg
FurHeart27
yeKtheg.pngFMmoLAp.png
Mykestri
FxcDKTO.pngredblackpawprint
7G2ysSl.pngmushroomsghost
8vLx5x6.pngh1IgjzV.pngDKGxYdf.pngdh7KIq5.png7Lm2lt7.png
Hibiscius
ayAjDpf.pngSutasongu
M7bgCua.pngLordKaen
01564b3aaccfce2130edac0ddbc15b16-db98cevpiggypoma
QQqCmLu.pngGoji
C3wC0ci.pngI_AM_bob_Lapis
WKDME8K.png @Eclaire
dPZtZNq.pngC-R-Y-B-A-B-Y
5B3PnmK.pngm1DBvsL.png
shadowwolfgem
apwEU5j.png14nUmei.pngB0evQbm.png
ScissorMouth
jal1MAW.pngcoyoteteethe
ydfXgPJ.pngHimedereBiker
lRIWsDQ.pngNPpHajt.png
megalov8nia
DHzPa8k.pngChroma
11 May 2017, 3:12 pm (Edited 22 Jul 2017, 1:57 pm)
Pinglist
For New Houseguests

@elly @shadowwolfgem @Hypernova @stormbringer15 @goji @megalov8nia @bridgeybear04 @icecreambunnies @Pichi2214
~~~
For Sales

@elly @shadowwolfgem @Hypernova @stormbringer15 @goji @megalov8nia @icecreambunnies @Pichi2214
11 May 2017, 3:12 pm (Edited 11 May 2017, 3:13 pm)
Opening now!
Edit why did it double post :/
11 May 2017, 3:16 pm
AzuelZorro102

That would be either 2,000 FurCash or 4 FurDollars, whichever you'd prefer!
11 May 2017, 3:24 pm
AzuelZorro102

Usually it depends on my schedule, I can make them whenever i get home and have time! (Matter of fact, I just finished up with yours x3)
fN299Ch.png
11 May 2017, 3:25 pm
These are so cool!

my art tumbls, my dA
11 May 2017, 3:27 pm
Catbat

Oh gosh, thanks! I've been working on their lore for a long time! (Hearts is still the only one of my shopkeeps/mascots that has a full backstory x3)
11 May 2017, 3:29 pm (Edited 11 May 2017, 3:29 pm)
AzuelZorro102

You can make any edits you'd like! Or if you'd prefer me to, I can make marking and stuff for an extra 1FD or 500FC!!
11 May 2017, 3:34 pm
AzuelZorro102

Cool, I'd love to see!!! :)
11 May 2017, 4:33 pm
Bumps!!
11 May 2017, 4:35 pm
EphemeralSys could i be put on the pinglists please?
elly | she\her | them\they | 20
♥Painties♥
♥Adopts♥
11 May 2017, 4:37 pm
I am loving these guys!! Don't know for sure what I'd want on one though.... XD
button_by_akixsasuke-db9tqmt.png
tumblr_inline_nqezj49k6s1qi7awk_250.giftumblr_inline_nqfatkFPuU1qi7awk_250.gif
11 May 2017, 4:45 pm
elly
Added you!!!

Hypernova
I can add you to a pinglist if ya want!
11 May 2017, 4:46 pm
Yeah sure! (I was actually wondering if a verson of Chesh could be made. My active. And how much it would be.)
button_by_akixsasuke-db9tqmt.png
tumblr_inline_nqezj49k6s1qi7awk_250.giftumblr_inline_nqfatkFPuU1qi7awk_250.gif
11 May 2017, 4:49 pm
These are cute, can I be added to the pinglist?
bfb3RDT.pngCall me Gem| She/her and Them/they| Sapphic1MtmN6G.png

UdXKo19.jpgWX2rzpt.png hPSL0H9.gif
12 May 2017, 11:40 am
Hypernova it depends on the mutations or markings you want! Adding you to the pinglist!

shadowwolfgem added ya!!!

(Sorry that took so long my notifications didn't work T^T)