Where do you buy your foam?

18 Jun 2017, 5:12 pm
I'm gonna be making my own fursuit head as it's mostly cheaper and it'll be good practice for future works
I wanna go as high quality but also as inexpensive as possible- i'm a poor student still in search of a job and I can't afford to pester my family for cash if that makes sense, so heck, I'm working from commissions for the time being
So I know there's Ebay and such, but where else? And what exactly do i buy?

29 Jun 2017, 8:36 pm
I go with amazon, for most everything, actually. I got almost everything I need for my fursuit head on amazon, besides for the fur.
I personally believe I bought FoamTouch Upholstery Foam Cushion? It comes in many different lengths and prices, ranging from 2" tall by 18" wide by 18" long, at $12.45, to 6" tall by 18" wide by 18" long, which is $35.
Also, if there are any craft fairs around, there was one fair by where I used to live, they had a fabric store. (little shops set up inside, the outside were tables and dealers) A lot of the time, they'd have scrap furs or scrap foam bags for really cheap, $5-$10. I would buy them since they normally have large enough pieces to work on, but maybe not make a full bucket head base.

Some people even get foam sheets, which are made for couches and mattresses. Others get literal blocks of squishy foams, which is what those green or blue suit bases you see are made of. I would think craft stores would sell these, even walmart if you have them where you live.
"I could give in to all the gloom, but tell me, tell me what for?"- Dear Evan Hansen
30 Jun 2017, 5:49 am
Hazmat_
I know we have Walmarts over here (I'm in England, I saw one once while I was out with my parents), so I could have a look in there. Might have to get delivery if it's too far, but oh well if they don't do that.. Been into some craft stores without much luck, so I'll continue to look around I guess. Thanks for the help!
30 Jun 2017, 5:55 am
CatPants
If you're in the UK then you can buy 1 inch thick and thicker foam sheets from Dunelm.
You can buy foam rolls from Amazon, look for efoam as the supplier.
Or go straight from the eFoam website, I'm pretty sure that's UK based
bueno_by_headsmashscrafty-db29klw.png
Icon and sig by KingScrafty
I share a house with KingScrafty ! You'll probably find me screaming about how much I love her art!

If you could use They/Them pronouns when referring to me that would be really great ^^
30 Jun 2017, 5:55 am
oh, nice!! I'll have a look! Thank you! Mimic