Furry Pet Peeves

15 Aug 2017, 10:30 am
Any random pet peeves you have about fellow furries? Share them here!

Note; Do not talk about specific users and make fun of them for having a pet peeve of yours! This is just for good, harmless fun!!

I'll start with my peeve.

Furries of real animals that only have four finger paws. Most animals do have a thumb, though is unusable. Please put thumbs on real life animal fursonas! They'd probably be usable too! I'm fine with four fingers on fake species people made, because that's the species anatomy for that species, but not on real life critters! I'm fine with four toes on back paws because a lot of species truly have four there, like cats! Think of a cat again! Five fingers on hand paws, four toes on feet paws!
| He/Him, They/Them | Aspie | Aroace spec |

15 Aug 2017, 10:51 am
I know it's dumb, but...

Folfs. I don't like folfs.

It feels like they couldn't decide between the two most popular canine species and now you have a folf.

Ooh, and rabbits with canid or feline noses.
Ar5jMst.png
15 Aug 2017, 10:52 am
Furries who talk as though they're actually an animal, like they refer to their hands as paws or are all 'I'm wagging my tail because I'm so excited!!!!' This goes hand in hand with furries who rp CONSTANTLY, even when you're just trying to have a conversation with them. Like,,,jfc dude I can not take you seriously when you talk like that, either cut the act or leave me alone ughghghghh

Furries who call non-furries 'Normies' and aren't ironic about it. Just....stop it. Please. You're not any different than any other fandom out there, stop pretending you are.

Furries who think any creature design that is remotely mammalian is a wolf or a dog. You know the ones.

It is 3:50 am where I am I should be asleep sobs
mareep.gif

26 | Female | Scorpio | Maori

15 Aug 2017, 10:58 am
This is more of an art thing and I'm less bothered by it the more I join the furry community but,
ears that are attached to the hair bug me immensely. I know they're hard to work around with hair sometimes, trust me, but I can't help but feel weird when their ears are built into their hair.

Here's an example of what I mean without referencing someone in the community's art:
hqdefault.jpg
screen_shot_2017_08_28_at_2_04_22_am_by_
15 Aug 2017, 11:10 am
When people forget furry= The name of the fandom and Anthro=The type of character
No, that anthro dog is not a furry, but the person who drew it might be.
You wouldn't call a pony a brony oc, right? RIGHT!? So why call anthros a furry?
I don't care if it's "accepted as correct" now days, it makes me really annoyed when someone says I "drew a furry" like no I drew an ANTHRO. Get it RIGHT. I did not draw a fan of anthros, I drew THE anthro.

But you know I can't usually go around screaming this, people would burn my crops and steal my trees before calling me incorrect.

TH | DA | FA
25784036_FkyhFtLE3cAnQlx.png
15 Aug 2017, 11:11 am
Emo bangs.
Also when they push their uh... private interests on other furries
Also when kids in the fandom get upset when someone tells them they shouldnt be getting a fursuit, rather a partial.
Apollyon
-Male|Sleepy|Hail to Hoots!-
The second o in my name is a zero

O2HT1Io.png
15 Aug 2017, 11:19 am (Edited 15 Aug 2017, 11:20 am)
People who force rules for made-up species like DAD, Manokits, Sergals, etc on people who just want to draw for fun

Then maybe people should stop draw black tigers with red stripes or putting horns on wolves because that's not how a real tiger should be colored or what wolves should looked like!
INTP Logician

Untitled.png

Miata Is Always The Answer!
15 Aug 2017, 11:53 am (Edited 15 Aug 2017, 11:53 am)
Furries who actually act like animals
But whatever :U
Edit: oh and also some art styles but I won't specify
Ferny back... wat will they do?...
15 Aug 2017, 12:01 pm
Furries who stay in character even out of suit. It kinda breaks the magic in reverse.

"Realistic" animal suits that are exact replicas of a living creature, but bipedal.
Equal with FV time-She/her Bisexual

USD PWYW Digital Art Fundraiser
night owl -_-

Ko-Fi for Trans Brother's Surgery
15 Aug 2017, 12:07 pm (Edited 15 Aug 2017, 12:08 pm)
THIS MEME :( THIS IS HORRIBLE

65f.jpg
1574-winged-piggie.pngThey/them .. Looking for a Winged Piggie!
15 Aug 2017, 12:09 pm
Dutch angel dragons

Just. Everything about them. I don't know why, but I just can't stand them for some reason.
| He/Him, They/Them | Aspie | Aroace spec |
15 Aug 2017, 12:14 pm
When people draw a bunch of anthros and have anthro characters but theyre like "im not a furry!!! Ew!!!!" Like, with every fandom theres horrible people and weird stuff but you dont have to shun all of us and act like were all disgusting

I get not wanting the label but dont act like its the worst thing on the face of the earth to be a furry
16255870_b8pzkrPG5GgvqRc.png
feel free to ping me for horse or werewolf adopts!
15 Aug 2017, 12:17 pm
When furries rp everywhere they go
I can't stand it. Rp all you like, I rp sometimes myself, but when you meet someone it's not always in your best interest to go "OMG I'm like sooo excited to meet you rawr XD" *wags tail and licks your face* because that gets old really quick, and if someone is uncomfortable with rping and you do that you could really creep that person out.

When people won't talk in fursuits
If the character is mute I understand, and it's not like you have to talk to people. What I'm trying to say is when somebody asks a serious question or just wants to talk to you and not the character, it gets annoying when you keep miming or woofing or chirping or whatever. If I ask for directions to a specific vendor or a break room I don't want hand gestures. I want you to actually tell me so I don't get confused.

When furries get mad about someone "breaking the magic" in a serious situation
For instance I have asthma AND anxiety. Pair those together with a hot fursuit and it's bad news. If I get too hot I can't breathe, which triggers a panic attack, which makes it worse and can lead to an asthma attack and that's not fun. I'm not going to wait and walk my ass to a break room if I'm in a bad scenario because chances are I won't make it to the room in time. There are conventions and groups of furries who will actually remove you from an event for breaking the magic which is ridiculous if it's for a good reason. I think people should be a bit more lax on breaking the magic in general, but at least leave someone alone if they had to do it.

Sorry for the long rant I had a lot ;-;
y85a4tg7He/They-Laveyan Satanist-20-ID is #88244-1 hour ahead Furvillay9ycuqdk

Please correct me if I call you something you don't like.

Catch Anon Fairies with me!

Obsessed with snow festival fairies
dvDnsGn.pngy8fml85xy8gerr7cy76e98s7
15 Aug 2017, 12:25 pm
People who call me a furry when im not and ive told them 10,000 times. I just have anthro characters cause I cant sraw humans.

Same, just because I wear a tiger mask made of feathers doesn't mean I'm a furry

I'm just a shy fuck who likes tiger masks because it's fun
INTP Logician

Untitled.png

Miata Is Always The Answer!
15 Aug 2017, 12:25 pm
atilla said:
When people draw a bunch of anthros and have anthro characters but theyre like "im not a furry!!! Ew!!!!" Like, with every fandom theres horrible people and weird stuff but you dont have to shun all of us and act like were all disgusting

I get not wanting the label but dont act like its the worst thing on the face of the earth to be a furry

This is one of the reasons I hate tumblr. Thing is, I'm not a furry! I love drawing anthro characters and all, but I don't consider myself a part of the furry fandom. But just because I'm not one doesn't mean it would be awful to be one. The furry community is one of the nicest, most generous fandoms I've encountered, and my time on Furvilla has been amazing! I've seen so few fights and problematic members, and even during events, drama is at a minimum. Of course there are perverts and true weirdos and probably some dangerous people in the fandom, but that doesn't mean all furries are awful, and they definitely don't deserve to be shamed as a whole. Of course there are people who write M-rated fanfiction about twelve-year-old anime girls, but are you automatically associated with them if you like anime? No. I'm getting sick and tired of people with the "ew furry" attitude because they immediately assume all furries are disgusting people who are attracted to animals.
animated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgranimated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgranimated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgr
15 Aug 2017, 12:28 pm
Emeraldheart Funny you should mention the anime thing because ironically enough the area I live in does actually associate anime lovers with that group of people. People can be so stupid and judgemental I swear.

But yeah I totally agree with you. If you're not a furry, cool. If you are, cool. Don't dis the other side people.
y85a4tg7He/They-Laveyan Satanist-20-ID is #88244-1 hour ahead Furvillay9ycuqdk

Please correct me if I call you something you don't like.

Catch Anon Fairies with me!

Obsessed with snow festival fairies
dvDnsGn.pngy8fml85xy8gerr7cy76e98s7
15 Aug 2017, 12:32 pm
People who call me a furry when im not and ive told them 10,000 times. I just have anthro characters cause I cant sraw humans.

THIS TOO OH MY GOD

DrowntheFrowns Exactly! That's unfortunate about the anime thing in your area, but I totally agree with you. Furries and non-furries have no business shaming each other. There's the good, the bad, and the ugly, but in the end it's just like any other fandom. Unfortunately furries have gained a lot of negative attention from the media.

But despite the constant negative press covfefe
animated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgranimated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgranimated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgr
15 Aug 2017, 12:45 pm
this might not be 100% furry specific, but i hate it when people make fun of like, those "Cringe-Worthy" sparkledog oc character designs when like, some kid prolly drew that? dont be rude? theyre tryna have fun? its not like your big tits mcgee anthro fox character is any better than their neon rainbow kitsune god character, hop off your high horse,,
penta| 19 | sapphic | they/them
15 Aug 2017, 12:49 pm
When I draw human characters with animal ears and tails and instantly get the inevitable "are you a furry????" question like 20 times.

Example of character from Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen
kuon.jpg

No. No, I'm not. I wasn't aware that a character style used in Japan (i.e. shows and characters like/from Inuyasha and Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen) made me, and all the fans of shows like those, a furry. Even if this is like the super low end of the furry definition spectrum, please stop asking/assuming. It gets annoying...

No hate on furries at all. I have a few friends that are and they're great people. But even they agree that some of the fandom can get out of line when it comes to art style preferences.

beta_testers_guild_by_rainbywolf-daq5qro
Beta Testing Survivor
Part of the "I'm not a furry, I'm just here for the art" club.
she/her | 25
hq3qoce.png
15 Aug 2017, 12:51 pm
this might not be 100% furry specific, but i hate it when people make fun of like, those "Cringe-Worthy" sparkledog oc character designs when like, some kid prolly drew that? dont be rude? theyre tryna have fun? its not like your big tits mcgee anthro fox character is any better than their neon rainbow kitsune god character, hop off your high horse,,

Big tits mcgee
*wheezes*

That too! (Sorry for spamming this thread ya'll)
I also hate when people criticize "cliche" OCs. I literally saw someone ask someone else not to RP using their fursona because there are "so many wolves, they're overused." I was like...?? Ok? So a lot of people connect with wolves?? I just
15 Aug 2017, 12:58 pm
when plantigrade animals (rabbits, kangaroos, otters, bears, etc) are drawn with digitigrade legs
it's even worse in fursuit form bc then they just kinda look like weird dogs :^(
same thing when ppl paste canine muzzles onto rabbits n stuff
6adjt4
howdy
6adjt4
have a question about the site? shoot me a PM and ill be happy to help!
15 Aug 2017, 4:02 pm (Edited 15 Aug 2017, 4:04 pm)
When people write "*licks u*" without warning instead of something more proper like a hug. Someone did that to me. Like no. Stahp. Dat's creepy.
I need that hey why meme face for this

QUITTING FURVILLA. Looking for FR items! Shop is here

Final Fantasy VII, Yugioh and Fire Emblem Fates fan!
Flight Rising #44335 | DeviantArt |
15 Aug 2017, 7:04 pm (Edited 15 Aug 2017, 7:05 pm)
when plantigrade animals (rabbits, kangaroos, otters, bears, etc) are drawn with digitigrade legs
it's even worse in fursuit form bc then they just kinda look like weird dogs :^(
same thing when ppl paste canine muzzles onto rabbits n stuff

I actually didn't know that they where plantigrade (except bears). I haven't drawn those animals yet (except just normal animals not anything anthro) but when/if I do I'll definitely be sure to do it right.

My pet peeve is when people don't brush their fursuits before pictures. Like I know it's most likely clean but it doesn't look like it.
Dylan | He-Him Pronouns | My Art Shop | Social Media Links
15 Aug 2017, 7:23 pm (Edited 15 Aug 2017, 7:23 pm)
When people are all "these young people are ruining our fandom!".
like, why.
What about when all you fucks die, who's gonna be left if you get rid of all the young people?
No one.
Growing up and growing old aren't the same thing.
Some people where morons in youth, and some people stay morons in adulthood.
I can think of several examples.
Just because someone isn't old enough to get married/drink/drive/etc doesn't mean they're instantly the worst thing ever and instantly stupid.
Ask about my Amino.I'mdesperate.JOIN-->https://lc-s.co/TsUl72wCPKCq2wCBsBS2wCqVXh2uC3VGE2hEYOUNc3c3c3b2aeafffcfc2v0xuqgQVlTHUn.png