Self-Upload Custom Paintie Base Collection

6 Sep 2017, 6:41 pm (Edited 4 Aug 2019, 3:02 pm)
Submission Form

Google Drive Folder

If you do not have a Google account and wish to submit, post your base in this topic and ping me or SerenityStarla . We can upload it manually for you.

Since takaia seems to be busy, I figured I'd search for an alternative for a custom paintie base folder that requires less work from one person! After some research I found that you can upload files with Google Forms to add to a Google Drive Folder :D SO I introduce: the Self-Upload Custom Base Collection. Just read the form and upload your base file to whichever folder is most suitable. Please note, to keep things tidy and bases easier to be sorted and located, I request you use a specific file name format.

File Name Format
species name.png
  • Species is the villager species (and color if necessary) required to use the base as ONE WORD. ex. BigCat, GemRaptor
  • Name is a name or description of the custom base with NO SPACES. ex. HighlandCattle
  • You can add your Furvilla username or ID, though your Google name will be tagged at the end of the submission.

If you want your base to be for personal use only (no profit), add PUO after your file name. Example: species name PUO.png

Certain folders have additional file name requirements which are detailed in the description of the folder.

This folder will be moderated by StrayChowChow (Me) and SerenityStarla . Files may be deleted, moved, renamed, etc. at her discretion. If you are interested in also moderating the folder, send a message to StrayChowChow (#31147). You will need a Google account to do this.

I haven't decided yet if I will transfer the files from takaia 's folder, or just allow people to reupload if they wish.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or trouble uploading, feel free to comment in this thread or to message me privately.
puck%232184%5Bfv%5Dhoneypuckle%5Bda%5D%5

6 Sep 2017, 11:48 pm
StrayChowChow
This is an awesome idea! :D

I think transferring takaia 's files would be nice, but I understand that would be an awful lot of work for you.
Kiko | She/Her | 21
Step out of your comfort zone and try to speak what we know is unspeakable.

DH8OLNp.png
UsXq7Jw.gif
7 Sep 2017, 4:47 pm
Thank you Kiowa :D I figured something like this would be so much easier to manage instead of having someone have to manually upload everything.

I agree transferring the files would be nice, but 1. it is a tremendous amount of work and 2. I don't technically have permission from those people to upload their files to my folder. They gave takaia permission, and although it's the same concept, I still feel a bit weird doing it without direct permission. Does that make sense? But I also know a lot of those people probably don't play Furvilla anymore and it would be a shame for them to get lost if mine takes off/replaces takaia's (not that I wish ill on takaia's, They did an amazing job with a brilliant idea and have done a huge service to the community! Honestly if takaia would like to implement the google forms method on their existing folder that might even be better! Let me know if you want any help setting that up btw takaia )
8 Sep 2017, 1:05 am
Updated the file naming rules because I JUST noticed it adds your Google name after any submission you make with the form!
12 Sep 2017, 2:47 am
Bumping this for visibility, maybe it will get a pin? I think I will eventually import takaia's existing bases though it will probably take me a while! I think in the long term this will be more sustainable, especially if we get some of the Paintie mods as mods in the folder
17 Sep 2017, 9:37 am
Bump I guess! Would love feedback, if I should just give up on the idea or what >_>
17 Sep 2017, 9:44 am
No! Don't give up Chow Chow! I've been working on some bases to upload, but I'm really slow. :(
Kiko | She/Her | 21

DH8OLNp.png
UsXq7Jw.gif
17 Sep 2017, 9:51 am
Aww thank you ;u; I've been working on renaming the stuff from the takaia folder but...there is a lot of stuff haha.
17 Sep 2017, 9:55 am
I feel ya. Maybe I could help with that. Are you working through one folder at a time?
Kiko | She/Her | 21

DH8OLNp.png
UsXq7Jw.gif
17 Sep 2017, 11:34 am
I swear I replied to this ugh x_X I'm working through the main folder ATM, I uploaded what I have done so far
17 Sep 2017, 11:51 am
oh man, thank you so much!
I just uploaded some!
Selling Everything in my Account!!
I have THINGS and Furry MONEY
Looking for art
SfCU3W3.pngCarrot / She/Them / 25SfCU3W3.png
warrenzlogo.pngfavicon.ico

17 Sep 2017, 12:01 pm
umm you realized that google is gonna get rid of drive for good?
INTP Logician

Untitled.png

Miata Is Always The Answer!
17 Sep 2017, 12:22 pm

"Google Drive the service isn’t going anywhere. You can still access it from the web, smartphone apps, and either of the software options mentioned below. "

They're stopping support for the Desktop Application/Software, not the service.
17 Sep 2017, 12:30 pm (Edited 17 Sep 2017, 12:31 pm)

This seems like something Google itself would make a bigger deal out of but this seems to be the only mostly reputable source talking about it. Drive is pretty widely used, so I'd wait for a bigger announcement before saying for sure, and if it is they're likely planning a bigger/better functioning replacement instead of cutting it completely.

Besides according to the date, it'll be a couple of months before it does, and the way it fucntions now it's a good place to store everything in one place while a replacement is being searched for.

EDIT: Stray beat me to it.
knight
sig_by_asrie1-dbnhrxb.png
kite - he/him - adult
22 Sep 2017, 7:46 pm (Edited 22 Sep 2017, 7:48 pm)
Submitted a goat with horizontal pupils, and a dapper cat!

Edit: Ah shucks...don't know what went awry, but they ended up in the rare folder when I was trying to put them in the common one. Is there any way to move them StrayChowChow ?
Kiko | She/Her | 21

DH8OLNp.png
UsXq7Jw.gif
23 Sep 2017, 7:57 am
Kiowa Yep, not a problem :D Moved them for you
26 Sep 2017, 12:26 pm (Edited 26 Sep 2017, 12:28 pm)
StrayChowChow Handed over the costume bases from my thread here

Not currently active. Hoping to be back when the site starts making some positive changes.
in509H9.png
2 Oct 2017, 7:02 pm
Added some Sharkies! Hope you enjoy 'em
More to come, btw
Selling Everything in my Account!!
I have THINGS and Furry MONEY
Looking for art
SfCU3W3.pngCarrot / She/Them / 25SfCU3W3.png
warrenzlogo.pngfavicon.ico

1 Nov 2017, 9:32 pm
Bumping this from the depths of the ocean in hopes of more people uploading ;~; I've added some of my recent base edits too
5 Nov 2017, 1:41 am
MOD-Skulldiggery would you consider pinning this thread? I know it's not too popular right now but since takaia isn't updating their Paintie Base collection it might be a good idea. Additionally, I can add you if you have a google account so you can add/edit/moderate the folder as well in case I ever quit FV
5 Nov 2017, 2:33 am (Edited 5 Nov 2017, 2:34 am)
MOD-Skulldiggery

Ah okay, I understand! I did notice you linked it in the paintie resource thread which is why I brought it up, But I do understand about the amount of pinned threads.

And of course will let you know if I need you, but I will keep an eye on it for now c:
6 Dec 2017, 12:17 am (Edited 6 Dec 2017, 12:18 am)
I guess I'll bump with some edits I did an added. Full sizes in the google drive.

doveeditwingsm.png?dl=0dovenowingsm.png?dl=0
16 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm (Edited 16 Dec 2017, 12:51 pm)
StrayChowChow I made this edit, can you add it for me? ^^" Also I'm not sure if that would go into Rare bases or Event bases, woops

pWGnwCM.png
471.gif
English is not my native language so I apologize for any typos and such
16 Dec 2017, 1:12 pm
Friendly neighborhood bump! I love this idea; if i ever get a paintie ticket, I might use the teddy bear :0 keep up the good work <3!!
☆☆☆ Midnight/Shelby \\ Pan - Ace \\ Any Pronouns \\ Angelkin/Squirrelkin/too many kin \\ Ping if needed :0! ☆☆☆

Hello there! I'm Midnight, and if u like Khonjin House you're instantly my friend no questions asked >v<