Eyebuds Adopt Stop (Open!)

30 Oct 2017, 1:14 pm
There's a soft chime of a bell as you step inside what appears to be a new shop of sorts. Inside, the arrangement looks like that of any old pet store but the cages and glass tanks have.. mini furniture in them? Upon closer inspection you see small little creatures inside each of them working on whatever little task they have in mind. Their appearance is.. odd since their head is just an eye but they look cute at least!

You watch the little creatures until you hear someone clear their throat behind you. Startled, you whirl around to look at the person.

16161.png?t=1470535969

"I see you're interested in these little.. creatures of mine. To tell the truth, they're failures of an experiment I've been running for some time now. But, I suppose if people are taking an interest in them to take home.. I could settle with that for a price. Plus it'd save me the trouble of having to dispose of them myself too. So, that being said. Look around and pick whichever one catches your eye. But do be quick about it. I have things I need to tend to..."

ObLntEc.gifdZataiq.gifBXQRvdh.gif
Spook / Ali / Husk
23 || Artist || Mistake || Nerd
||Tumblr || Deviantart ||
|| Pixels done by zinnia and Moge-ko ! ||
Beta Tester since 1982

30 Oct 2017, 1:16 pm (Edited 17 Nov 2017, 11:53 am)
Caretaker's manual on Eyebuds

"So you want to know just how to care for these little fail-- ahem.. these things? Very well then. I will inform you of what you need to know of them."

fzrpTHi.png

"This little creature here is your Eyebud.. they're.. well depending on how you feel about them. They can be a multitude of things. But I suppose they can be a decent enough pet for those who are intelligent enough to look after even a goldfish. Their apperarances usually follow a similar pattern and by that I mean they will always have an eye for a head, odd animal ears and a few feathers for a tail. Feathers, attire, and ear shapes and sizes are still an odd variety while the pupils have also been known to be of different types as well. Colors seem to have no limit and therefore can be any sort of color imaginable."

JqO6JJx.png

"All of them are rather small, don't expect them to grow any larger than that of the size of a small bird. Even then, it seems only the more taller variants can be a little larger but not by much.. Because of this, I would recommend keeping your little creature indoors and away from larger predators. They can fight back, sure, but don't expect them to be very strong, let alone good at it. Though some have proven to be rather intelligent and can sometimes get themselves out of tricky situations. Still, you'd be better off keeping them safe from being eaten. I don't do returns for the dead no matter how short they lived."

63Agjo9.png

"Speaking of stature, there's usually about three types of height but I suppose that goes for any sort of creature hm? The tallest of all usually keep to a thin build as well, whereas short is often more stocky. But I suppose depending on how my experiments go, they can end up in any way."

ZidfyQb.png

"And now we get to the behavioral part of these things. They're oddly fascinated with any sort of round or shiny object they can carry in their arms. Often hoarding them in their homes or in special spots they like to hide. Why they do this isn't something I've figured out nor had the time to. But I'd assume they do it because of the fact that the shine catches their attention while round objects bore a similar resemblance to their own heads. If anything else, it'd probably be the same reason a child is drawn to shiny objects. I would still, recommend you don't try to stop them from their hoarding habits since they've shown aggressiveness towards those around them when their collection is taken away. Instead, try to give them items such as marbles or whatnot, it'll make them happy and not stress out."

pW0I9yv.png

"When it comes to food, these little things don't seem to be very picky about what they eat. Well, perhaps some are but most seem satisfied with just about anything. Still, I'd recommend to at least give them a balanced diet. However, do not try watching your Eyebud eat. They don't seem to like having an audience and doing so will put them under high stress which can make them ill like most things. Not to mention, they will refuse to eat regardless how long you're there. I've run tests and found that these things will starve themselves to death if watched during mealtimes. So just leave them with their food in peace and you'll have a happy little creature on your hands."

qCCnYEE.png

"For sleeping habits, these things seem to sleep at night but some have proven to also be nocturnal. Still, all of them choose their material they sleep on. Whether it be lint or expensive fabrics, they'll sleep on anything they deem on their own as comfortable enough. If sleeping arrangements are not sorted out within the first day of caring for these, then they won't sleep. Which can lead to a multitude of problems that I have no time to be listing. So, my recommendation would be to take your little pet with you to places that could have soft materials and let them decide. If they like it, they'll make a noise of sorts to let you know or they'll simply drag it with them."

ov0Km04.png

"Finally, there is the socialization and relationships aspect. While Eyebuds cannot reproduce, they still can apparently form relationships and bonds with others. Their language is merely a combination of chirps, peeps, clicks and various other noises, it seems they can understand each other just fine and socialize rather well amongst one another. Of course, there is the usual fights and dislikes similar to any sort of groups of creatures that operate in similar ways. When a pair find each other in a relationship, you might not notice unless looking for signs of it. Such as the sharing of a hoard or building a new sleeping area by mixing both bedding materials. Unsurprisingly, they still act the same as any of us would if we had a partner of our own. Though I wouldn't recommend trying to force any two together or apart since that could have some heavy negative outcomes that might not be sorted out. Best to leave them be and let them be happy I suppose."

Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:26 pm (Edited 22 Dec 2017, 7:21 am)
Eyebuds available

None for now!

Price: 50kfc/100fd per Eyebud

Eyebud Owners
SarcasticSpook
Dis
Oxyhemoglobin
Archaven
Pichi2214
Ringor
Aerinith
Hau
Magala
Florakoko
BK
Odorokasu
Ramulet
aspider
HisPumpkin
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:28 pm (Edited 23 Dec 2017, 8:26 am)
Pinglist
@Magala @Pichi2214 @shadwuff @Diam0ndUn1c0rn @Oxyhemoglobin @sciencesparrow @Odorokasu @arts-waifu @YuuriKatsuki @Safe @Twocue @Drakespeare @redblackpawprint @shadowwolfgem @Admiral @Starseeker @Anamiko @Pericci @ShiraTheFox @Sirocco @Fluzzy @Misconceptions @grayphox @AlphaLeo000 @PuddleSplash @Sylvette @BoyWander @Narwhalie @Graben @Vesker @Kikaru @Poofycats @klb0607 @SkyTheCreator @Ramulet @arbitraryabsurdity @LSTheNinjaKitten
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:30 pm (Edited 24 Dec 2017, 10:31 am)
Auction!

christmas_eyebuds___auction_8_8_open_by_
Larger size Here!

With the upcoming holidays, a special batch of Eyebuds have been made for the public to enjoy! Some of these are rather special since they're mutated with some special holiday things to give them an even more unique appearance from those of normal Eyebud looks! Also excuse the transparency on the christmas lights. Idk what happened

Rules!

- This auction is also mirrored over on Deviantart!
- No fighting over adopts!
- Payment must be made within 24 hours or else it will go to the next highest bidder
- Reply to the highest bid!
- Bidding ends 48 hours after the previous bid!

ALL EYEBUDS HAVE THE SAME SB/MIN/AUTOBUY PRICE LISTED HERE!

SB: $1/100FD/50kFC
MI: $1/100FD/50kFC
Auto: $30 (I can dream)

Snowman Eyebud: Likes to keep his broom around and seems to have an affinity for the cold!
CLOSED SB by LSTheNinjaKitten

Christmas Tree Lights: Can they turn the brightness down? No. Absolutely not.
CLOSED 100kfc by Sirocco

Antique Gift Eyebud: Super fancy and super expensive! Snooty doesn't even begin to describe them!
CLOSED $6 by AlphaLeo000

Winter Star Eyebud: The star always floats over their head. Some of their star markings actually twinkle too!
CLOSED 250kfc by Safe

Christmas Sweater Eyebud: Don't judge him. He just really loves those sweaters ok.
CLOSED 50kfc by Starseeker

Angelic Eyebud: They don't exactly walk but they do float! Their very protective of their wings though. Please don't touch them!
CLOSED 500kfc and 500fd by OkamiAmaterasu

Snowfall Eyebud: Not only do they have their own snow cloud. But it appears they also have clouds for fluff that also seem to be perpetually snowing!
CLOSED 500kfc by satintheunicorn

Tree Ornament Eyebud: They're determined to get themselves up in your christmas tree one way or another! Don't worry about the plants in their stomach though. They're fake.
CLOSED SB by Emerald2000
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:31 pm
Reserved
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:32 pm
Final Reserve
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:33 pm
and we're alive!! c:
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:35 pm
SarcasticSpook hi~~~ i love these funny little things... they're so cute! could i possibly purchase 8 and 12? ^^
27b6d4e4fe2dae8d573dbdbf99673c69-da7mxad
lovelyn | 18 | they/them

"it's just a gadget, be the hero!"
30 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm
hau

Thank you! c: And sure! go ahead and send the payment over for them and I'll send over their images!
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm
SarcasticSpook oh they're adorable - can I get 19? and I'd love to be on the pinglist c:
30 Oct 2017, 1:40 pm
SarcasticSpook sent! tysm :D
27b6d4e4fe2dae8d573dbdbf99673c69-da7mxad
lovelyn | 18 | they/them

"it's just a gadget, be the hero!"
30 Oct 2017, 1:42 pm
EYES EYES EYES EYES EYES EYES EYES EYES

could i get like all of them #7 please? :D
Spr_5b_428_s.pngSpr_5b_302.pngSpr_5b_625_s.png
30 Oct 2017, 1:42 pm
Magala

Sure! c: Go ahead and send over the payment and I'll get your new friend ready for you!
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:44 pm (Edited 30 Oct 2017, 1:44 pm)
SarcasticSpook
3 and 13! Make them mine! XD
- Some well chosen quote -

Mind a click?
SF1XW.gif CJFc5.gif pRmwd.gif nLp1T.gif q0CUd.gif
30 Oct 2017, 1:44 pm (Edited 30 Oct 2017, 1:47 pm)
SarcasticSpook
Oh and pinglist please! X3
- Some well chosen quote -

Mind a click?
SF1XW.gif CJFc5.gif pRmwd.gif nLp1T.gif q0CUd.gif
30 Oct 2017, 1:46 pm
Florakoko

pfFT sure! xD Send over the payment and I'll send you your friend!
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 1:48 pm
Pichi2214

They're all yours! Gimmie a few to get their images and I'll send them right over!
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm
Ooo may I be added to the pinglist please? :D
7007327_bW3fCypwTiMMD9o.png

★sнα∂ | ℓεsвιαη | #5678★

Toyhou.seTumblrIGDA
30 Oct 2017, 2:06 pm
shadwuff

added! c:
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 2:09 pm (Edited 30 Oct 2017, 2:09 pm)
SarcasticSpook
Can I be added to the pinglist? I loved number 7 but I was beaten to it while I was selling my stuff
ONgwqjm.pngLucky|Any pronouns|+6 FV time|Toyhouse|DeviantArtl4QrVav.png
y6tun3h5OPx7p1.png
30 Oct 2017, 2:11 pm
Is #10 EyeBud available?
That green gets me.
30 Oct 2017, 2:12 pm
Diam0ndUn1c0rn

Of course! Oof, sorry though ;c Hopefully there will be a new friend available soon that you'll like!
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
30 Oct 2017, 2:14 pm
HisPumpkin

Yeah! Mr. Fancy 10 is still open! c:
Spook / Ali / Husk