Bonus Compensation Exploration Event

6 Nov 2017, 11:42 pm
This is a fairly simple thread for people to mention rewards and ideas they'd like to see this event yield. This event will remain for roughly a week after the Dragon's Maw Festival is officially over.

Please note that this event won't offer new items.

6 Nov 2017, 11:46 pm
Maybe I'm being dumb but I don't understand what you're talking about? exploration event? was there a DMM event exploration event? or do you mean you want to offer event items in the candy store via exploration events or something?
growlif_by_daieny-d7uk70y.png
6 Nov 2017, 11:47 pm
They ain't new so much as not implemented, buuuuut
Gummy Wickerbeasts
You've never played Boulder, Parchment, Shears?
ZdkaIU5.jpg
6 Nov 2017, 11:47 pm
Maybe you can find Dr. Chester lurking around and he can give you a random costume as his top prize, and as his lesser prizes FC, and maybe random spooky themed items like the scarves and candy corn?
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
6 Nov 2017, 11:49 pm
Would love to see some of the harder to find crafting items. Azure & Topaz Feathers, Anodized Aluminum Lumps... things like that!
WZtABfu.png

Flash refuses to eat the Expired Herbalist Medley Salad.
6 Nov 2017, 11:49 pm
to be perfectly honest, i would have loved to see this event yield something more along the lines of exploration
like with the pumpkins and candy thing, i feel like getting candy should have been more along the lines of "trick-or-treating" at other people's doorways
something similar to the smashing+giving pumpkins, but more along the lines of actual trick-or-treating regarding acquiring candy rather than just having the candy spawn in various amounts every 10 minutes and not really working for it.

though i would have loved to have seen the gummy wickerbeasts actually work out as an item, they were so cute <3
12633793_CFYSlGyaeHXfASV.png
6 Nov 2017, 11:49 pm (Edited 6 Nov 2017, 11:52 pm)
collectible candy pieces like lots of people were asking for in the shop? unless that counts as a new item, then, idk. pumpkin guts i guess? if the fest is the only time we can get them as I've heard.

edit:
Maybe you can find Dr. Chester lurking around and he can give you a random costume as his top prize, and as his lesser prizes FC, and maybe random spooky themed items like the scarves and candy corn?

oooooooh, this is a really cool idea! I like :D
maybe some uncommon/rare DMM pets even too?

Would love to see some of the harder to find crafting items. Azure & Topaz Feathers, Anodized Aluminum Lumps... things like that!
please. ;-;
7 Nov 2017, 12:27 am
Yea I'm for all the rarer crafting supplies like the feathers, Ruby's, Light tablets and such
AQdB2tQ.pngJZDNyZm.gif
PGV2JWb.gif
Signature by supermancrayon
7 Nov 2017, 12:29 am
Maybe I'm being dumb but I don't understand what you're talking about? exploration event? was there a DMM event exploration event? or do you mean you want to offer event items in the candy store via exploration events or something?
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
7 Nov 2017, 12:38 am
I wish we would have had some Chester related exploration events that gave out little prizes. As for the candy thing I liked it how it was because it didn't require a person to be online all the time to earn the candy thus being working person/no smart phone person friendly.
GNU: Terry Pratchett | Work 8 hrs a day every day no smartphone. Festivals make me headesk

7 Nov 2017, 12:42 am
I don't support super rare material drops, because if they just drop willy nilly, then what's the point of them being super rare? Just me though. Especially because with the VP turnover, they intend to have SR mats for sale.

Instead, maybe drops should depend on the theme you're going for. It sounds like this is compensation for the DMM event?? So maybe DMM-relating items, like certain costume supplies, toothy tokens, pumpkin treats, pumpkin guts, etc.

3445-asexual-pride-button.png3455-lesbian-pride-button.png3446-agender-pride-button.png
7 Nov 2017, 12:42 am
For me, I'd really want to get some more tokens from my village to make costumes... or more costumes. That may bring prices down though, so it may not be an awesome idea for the economy.
gazimchamp
7 Nov 2017, 12:49 am
I'm not exactly sure what this is talking about, but based on some suggestions I'm seeing I really want to caution against flooding the market with rare DMM stuff. This site seems to have a really hard time balancing rewards between towns. If you give out free stuff that's exclusive from one town, you need to simultaneously do it with the equivalent stuff from the other towns. Otherwise you're unfairly hurting one subset of players' income and messing with the economy.
xKSncrg.png
7 Nov 2017, 12:51 am
For me, I'd really want to get some more tokens from my village to make costumes... or more costumes. That may bring prices down though, so it may not be an awesome idea for the economy.

yeah, no, if they actually released new costume art I'd be all for it, but as it is, demand for them I feel is at a all time low. tokens are cheaper than ever and honestly pretty easy to get imo.
7 Nov 2017, 1:04 am

yeah, no, if they actually released new costume art I'd be all for it, but as it is, demand for them I feel is at a all time low. tokens are cheaper than ever and honestly pretty easy to get imo.

Tbh though, costume prices have actually been rising. The cheaper ones were at like 150k a few months back, now they're consistently 200k+ except diver. I pay close attention since I'm collecting. I have NO idea why though, you'd think prices would go down since there's no new demand, but apparently there is. Maybe people just aren't warrioring these days.

But still, explore events always drive the prices down anyway so I totally understand not wanting them in events. I just can't really think of anything else I want from explore tbh, besides expensive pets (which, NOPE, I do NOT wanna break AH value any more than it has been) and maybe more wood.

...amulets maybe? Could use access to more amulets, or rings...
gazimchamp
7 Nov 2017, 1:07 am
SR exploration reagents would be much appreciated (like feathers and light mythic tablets).
jess #7302 | she/her | links
7 Nov 2017, 1:10 am
Pumpkin treats perhaps? It might encourage users to try collecting pets for domestication ^^
YBLdXhp.gif1F8Dbm5.gif
Laz ★ they/she ★ PST
7 Nov 2017, 1:16 am (Edited 7 Nov 2017, 1:21 am)
CandyCorn!
It screams Halloween AND Thanksgiving.

Its pretty much the best Autumn treat ^◡^
ezgif-4-185d42a190bb.gif
7 Nov 2017, 1:23 am
How about a kitsune/fox wheel of fortune? There are so many at this point (snowfoxes cloud fennecs kitunes, event kitsunes, fox plushes), or one for each species and a special for the fictional/original ones.

Or maybe pet soup? XD
When the new stuff gets old, go back to the old and find something new!
-Compilationguy in509H9.png
7 Nov 2017, 1:24 am
Random UC mini drops!
. . psychology, biochem & vulture culture enthusiast . .
. . roleplayer // choctaw native // slow responder . .
. . nontheistic satanist // rabbit lover // sagittarius . .
. . polyamorous // asexual // panromantic . .
( he / his / him )
7 Nov 2017, 1:25 am
2 AM me right now, but I feel like people have forgotten the real reason for the season.

You run into a soup vendor, make em as spoopy as you'd like, and they offer you soup. Your only option is to run away screaming.
7 Nov 2017, 1:26 am
OR extra inventory spaces (after the whole candy and minipet extract all fiasco) XD
When the new stuff gets old, go back to the old and find something new!
-Compilationguy in509H9.png
7 Nov 2017, 1:32 am

Tbh though, costume prices have actually been rising. The cheaper ones were at like 150k a few months back, now they're consistently 200k+ except diver. I pay close attention since I'm collecting. I have NO idea why though, you'd think prices would go down since there's no new demand, but apparently there is. Maybe people just aren't warrioring these days.

But still, explore events always drive the prices down anyway so I totally understand not wanting them in events. I just can't really think of anything else I want from explore tbh, besides expensive pets (which, NOPE, I do NOT wanna break AH value any more than it has been) and maybe more wood.

...amulets maybe? Could use access to more amulets, or rings...

I'm pretty sure people just can't be arsed to make them anymore, and even if they did the last one they made probably took forever to sell and going below a certain price probably felt like a massive waste of their time so they just resigned from grinding for costumes? eh idk. I'm pretty sure the raw materials themselves (unless used for a feast recipe) are at an all time low. unless people honestly don't bother to grind/sell those anymore either. they do stack though so we can just hold on to them forever. I personally have enough tokens to make 60~ ish costumes from any of the current villages... /shrug

absolutely no mini pets though. I'm indifferent about amulets or rings but probably don't drop the SR ones? idk, I don't warrior seriously. I just don't care to have my ass handed to me by RNG in any more aspects on this site. AH alone is more than enough.
7 Nov 2017, 1:34 am
hall_petpet_corn-100x190.jpg

yessss all the candycorns
Live! Laugh! Love like crazy!
Most importantly, be kind to one another~

You can find me on FR and Eld as RaeDirynt, CS as ColonelCookie!
"We're All Mad Here~"
chester_by_alewolf-dbrc45a.png
MY HERO ACADEMIA TRASH
7 Nov 2017, 2:24 am
I personally would love to see food given out at the events, always loved when they were added.
tumblr_ot1xt5hafQ1siav5co1_500.gif