Net Neutrality

22 Nov 2017, 5:39 am
Alright, everyone, sit down, and listen carefully, coz I'm about to get deadly serious about a matter of grave concern.

You guys remember SOPA and PIPA, and all the outrage surrounding them that got them swept under the proverbial carpet?

Well, it seems the powers that be haven't learned their lesson.

In about a month's time, the US Federal Communication Commission (FCC) will vote on a bill that, if passed, will basically allow internet providers acorss the states to control what we see and do online.

And by control, I mean slow to almost an absolute standstill unless you pay exorbatant fees.

If you're not from America, don't think for a SECOND that it won't affect you.

For one thing, that's where a vast majority of internet servers are, and for another thing, IF this bill gets passed, it'll very likely set it's sights on other countries. It's highly likely England will be next in line if it goes through...then it'll be the rest of Europe...Russia and Australia...the rest of the world.

Websites will dissapear left and right. Only the sites of highly wealthy mega-corporations will remain, as they can afford the fee for normal speed internet.

It MUST be stopped in America NOW, or we might as well consider the Internet GONE.

Posts advertising this outrage have flooded Reddit...and I feel I must spread the word. And you must too. The more word spreads around the internet, the better, allowing more people to be aware of the issue and join their voice to the thousands upon thousands who protest this already.

We need that number to be in the millions if we can get it there.

More info here

For the love of god, spread the word!
vueOBpy.png
7RcXRLN.png
Screw The Rules, I'm A Blue Fox
Deviantart

22 Nov 2017, 5:41 am
Bump <3 Honestly there is so much crap going on in the world, and then more and more stuff keeps happening.. Phillip De Franco posted a video about this, might be worth checking out if anyone is interested. Stay safe everyone x
Crépe - 18 - Tasmanian
❤ Click the card to see my art! ❤

6nj91fP.png

Please always ping me, I don't like subscribing!
22 Nov 2017, 6:21 am
Also gonna leave a bump. THIS is very important.
And if you don't mind I'd link Markipliers Video regarding this here as well. He left some really helpful links in his description as well.
[ Spark | 26 | Bigender | She/Her | Pan+Poly ]
~My Patreon
~Kaluna Species
~Custom Vistas
p11Cp5WxeXpX
aX4xvdzmTDfv
22 Nov 2017, 6:48 am
This is extremely scary because it seems like they're determined to pass this dumbass bill despite the massive, massive outrage
l6qh4T0.png
"My story is my purpose."
FLIGHT RISING | POKEFARM
22 Nov 2017, 8:05 am (Edited 22 Nov 2017, 8:05 am)
Monol said:
This is extremely scary because it seems like they're determined to pass this dumbass bill despite the massive, massive outrage

Yeah, seems so. First SOPA, then PIPA, now this? Even if we win now they'll prolly have another incarnation of trying to limit the general public's use of the internet after a short while.
vueOBpy.png
7RcXRLN.png
Deviantart
22 Nov 2017, 8:27 am (Edited 22 Nov 2017, 8:31 am)
God, don't they ever learn?
Is this all for money? That's so pathetic then
Mark makes a really good point about this tho.
y8dsyh2r
yar8by34

Aiva | 18 | Her/She | HS Graduate | ISFP
DeviantArt | Art Shop
22 Nov 2017, 8:29 am
This is some serious shit guys. I'm not messing around. Check out this video John Oliver made back in May. He does a great job of explaining why it's happening in the first place and why we need to take care of this.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
22 Nov 2017, 8:30 am (Edited 22 Nov 2017, 9:08 am)
Holy shit
i spent like 600 mothafuckin dollars on this damn computer, i would like to actually be able to use the damn thing
This is stupid
Cree/Ray // she/her // anxiety // asexual Homoromantic ((maybe aro??)) // Homestuck trash
please ping me if you want my attention, i have a hard time noticing things
22 Nov 2017, 8:34 am
I've seen hearing about this all over Amino, I'm starting to get Anxiety BEcAusE of ThIS.
Can you don't

latest?cb=20181101185650
22 Nov 2017, 8:34 am
I watched mark's video just now...
Dystopian future here we come..... >.>

I get that there's a good thing that could come of this regarding terrorists and serial killers and kidnappers and whoknowsall, but ANY power given, will feed their hunger, and only temporarily.
gIhJQDV.gif
ukF7ngY.pngNsrhtqF.pngolPimSM.jpg
22 Nov 2017, 8:36 am
This is some serious shit guys. I'm not messing around. Check out this video John Oliver made back in May. He does a great job of explaining why it's happening in the first place and why we need to take care of this.

>.> I think the video was taken down....
gIhJQDV.gif
ukF7ngY.pngNsrhtqF.pngolPimSM.jpg
22 Nov 2017, 8:38 am
buuuuuuummmmppppp
Ping to get my attention!
B1C5ncQ.png
22 Nov 2017, 8:41 am
I wish these morons would give it up already >>
22 Nov 2017, 8:47 am
Look at what you've done rest of America... I'm really beginning to hate this country
He/Him|Georgia,USA
Currently 18yo ^-^
Icon by: PastelShadows & Vista by: buffalo
INTP-T
22 Nov 2017, 8:54 am

>.> I think the video was taken down....
Wow, that's weird. It works for me. I'm not sure why you can't view it. Hm...

Well, here's a message from Deadpool.
HjJmLwz.gif
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
22 Nov 2017, 9:08 am (Edited 22 Nov 2017, 9:10 am)
Here's a message from Deadpool.
HjJmLwz.gif

Nice one. I like how he says it's a resource like Gas and Electricity. That's a great way to describe it. Thanks, Deadpool.
vueOBpy.png
7RcXRLN.png
Deviantart
22 Nov 2017, 9:15 am
-kicks door in-

hEY ALSO IF YOU'RE LIKE ME AND WANNA DO SOMETHING BUT TALKING ON THE PHONE IS HORRIFYING I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR YOU

Cryaotic tweeted on twitter that you can text to Resistbot and it'll help you send your message to your congress of your state about net neutrality! Here's the tweet for anyone interested

I did this yesterday when I came home and I can guarantee you it only takes like 10 or so minutes tops! It also lets you know whether or not your fax was successfully sent in which is also nice!
ObLntEc.gifdZataiq.gifBXQRvdh.gif
Spook / Ali / Husk
23 || Artist || Mistake || Nerd
||Tumblr || Deviantart ||
|| Pixels done by zinnia and Moge-ko ! ||
Beta Tester since 1982
22 Nov 2017, 9:15 am
What are SOPA and PIPA? I've never heard of them
22 Nov 2017, 9:17 am
I seriously doubt the bill would pass.
And if it did, there would be a butt
ton of people who will do everything
in their power to reverse it.

tumblr_n1oaw3xrVG1qf2wi2o5_500.gif
vista by MadnessInMe

22 Nov 2017, 9:19 am
King0fWolves

SOPA and PIPA were basically past attempts at getting rid of net neutrality that were thankfully stopped before they could have taken effect.
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
22 Nov 2017, 9:30 am
dacia said:

We all doubt it will but the issue is more the fact that they keep trying to do this

We kicked it down when SOPA and PIPA came around, yes but they're going to keep attempting this over and over again in hopes that people have forgotten about those past attempts and/or by some miracle it can pass through. Though this time they're a bunch of crafty ones trying to get this around during the holidays. Even if we think the bill won't pass, it's still a good idea to join in on opposing it because you never know what could end up happening.
Spook / Ali / Husk
Beta Tester since 1982
22 Nov 2017, 9:34 am (Edited 22 Nov 2017, 9:34 am)
Bump. This needs to stop.
The only important villagers I have are Stargleam, Silver, Butch, and Kingpin. The rest used to be Wanderers, and are kept only for their jobs. Please do not interact with them. (except Bubblegum, because Wickerbeasts)
JsbQpW1.png
22 Nov 2017, 9:41 am
dacia said:

We all doubt it will but the issue is more the fact that they keep trying to do this

We kicked it down when SOPA and PIPA came around, yes but they're going to keep attempting this over and over again in hopes that people have forgotten about those past attempts and/or by some miracle it can pass through. Though this time they're a bunch of crafty ones trying to get this around during the holidays. Even if we think the bill won't pass, it's still a good idea to join in on opposing it because you never know what could end up happening.

I am definitely opposing it. But it is obvious that
any attempt to try and get this under the radar
of the people has failed epically.

tumblr_n1oaw3xrVG1qf2wi2o5_500.gif
vista by MadnessInMe

22 Nov 2017, 3:27 pm
Yikes! Yeah, we kinda need to be able to browse for free.

I, for one, can't afford to pay fees whenever I research whatever I happen to want to learn on any given day.
He/him/they/them.

Ping me to get my attention better.

Icon by plumpyoshi