Lf Fursuit advise

25 Dec 2017, 4:23 pm (Edited 25 Dec 2017, 4:24 pm)
I finally got enough money to buy a fursuit is there any advise I should know before I comission? I’ve put on a suit before and can handle the heat fairly well.
*the sound of lepard gecko screaming fills the air*

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody" J. D.

I’m to lazy to run from my problems so I speed walk from my problems

25 Dec 2017, 4:30 pm
I woudl suggest seeing if you find any reviews or other people who have commissioned, to see if they have good experience with the fursuit maker.

And also keep in mind that popular fursuit makers can take a really long time to make one, I have seen makers with a 3 year old waiting queue

Otherwise, congratz!

(And drink lots of water lol)
Hello! Ping me~
-any pronouns-I draw-
Note: I am 7 hours ahead of FV time!
rpj21DX.png
26 Dec 2017, 7:42 am (Edited 26 Dec 2017, 7:43 am)
I heard that Made Fur You, Mischief Makers and More Fur Less use the same head base for everything, so if you want some variety you might want to stay away from those.
My suggestions would be Beastcub (High quality at a very high price), Autumnfallings (heard the owner can be a bit snappy though) or Dont Hug Cacti (though they're very popular so you might need to wait a while)

Theres also a list here

And if you're in the uk, Bluefox is pretty good. Relatively cheap but quality looking suits
Give yourself away to this irresistible melody!
Art from Cookie Run: Ovenbreak >>>aaa.gif
26 Dec 2017, 7:51 am
Know that if you pick a popular fursuit maker you're probably going to be waiting a year or two for it to be done, they're a time consuming process. I'd say check Tumblr for fursuit blogs, there's a bunch that have lists of fursuit makers and also tips on maintenance, like cleaning and brushing. It's a lil hard to give general advice without more specific questions, is there anything in particular you're curious about?

Icon by nyanhou , he is currently taking emergency commission, August 3rd 16. Character belongs to me.
2 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm
Being a small time fursuit maker myself, I can advocate for them. Often times, you can find hidden gems of unique and different styles, I would definitely suggest browsing through lesser known makers!

Also, know what you want and avoid making too many changes or demands. It can make the building process stressful for the maker, popular or no. ^^
*insert clever/snarky quote here*
2 Jan 2018, 2:10 pm
Being a small time fursuit maker myself, I can advocate for them. Often times, you can find hidden gems of unique and different styles, I would definitely suggest browsing through lesser known makers!

Also, know what you want and avoid making too many changes or demands. It can make the building process stressful for the maker, popular or no. ^^

Whoa you make suits that’s super cool would you mind giving me a link to your shop!
*the sound of lepard gecko screaming fills the air*

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody" J. D.

I’m to lazy to run from my problems so I speed walk from my problems
2 Jan 2018, 9:13 pm (Edited 2 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm)
Poofycats Of course! My commissions are closed at this time, but they should be open again in a few months.

www.inajiffy-creations.weebly,com
*insert clever/snarky quote here*