What animal is your main fursona?

7 Jan 2018, 8:45 am
And why did you choose that animal to be representative for your sona? Is there any special reason? Or do you just love that animal?
Share in this thread, I love hearing about people's OCs and personas!!

My main fursona is a yak! (Convenient for me that furvilla actually has yaks, lol)
I've always been obsessed with different types of cows and bulls - my aunt and uncle had a dairy farm and I'd often visit them when I was younger, and I looooved being around the cows (especially the calves, what cuties ;_; ) and learning about them from my uncle.

When I discovered yaks from some book i had found at the library, I became OBSESSED. I thought they were ADORABLE. I always bugged my mum for yak plushies and figures growing up. (Most of the time she just rolled her eyes and asked why couldn't I like NORMAL animals - they weren't the easiest toys to find lolll)

It never struck me when I was younger to draw any sort of anthropomorphic characters like i saw in movies growing up, but as soon as I discovered the furry side of the internet, and fursonas, I KNEW that if I ever made a fursona, I knew what it was going to be!

Do any of you have any special reasoning behind why your (main) fursona IS your fursona?
icon artwork by Bassetfilms

7 Jan 2018, 8:51 am
I just super love cows, but became incrasingly enamored when I actually played world of earcraft and they had taurens and i started drawing my character I made anf now shes my fursona of 8-9 years x3

★Manitka★#91133★she/he/they★19★

mwahahahaha.png

7 Jan 2018, 8:55 am (Edited 22 Jan 2018, 8:54 pm)
I've always loved cats and have been slightly catlike in actions so, bam, a cat, meow lol

Angel | Her/She | USA | FV Time | @106775
Toyhouse | DeviantArt

G2PaTDu.png

asDm8OR.png
7 Jan 2018, 8:56 am
i picked a wolf for my sona because im native american and wolves are really important to our culture. and my last name is wolfe, so my mom calls us the wolfe pack lol

even though im in bear clan, ive always felt drawn to wolves more and ive loved them since i was really little. i had so many wolf plushies and i loved seeing wolves in any movies and i read every book about them i could get my hands on

it makes me kind of sad when some people in the community are like "ew wolf characters are so generic and common and ugly" like, just because its not important to you doesnt mean it cant be important to other people
rxdcc3b
y5a4auy9tbqq3ztyystovd7
tnmyerq
feel free to ping me for horse or werewolf adopts!
7 Jan 2018, 9:01 am
Hopping on the bovine train here. Cow :P

I really don't have any special reason for it though. They're not my favorite animal, I never particularly associated with them and they're not my first choice when it comes to designs. It was just kinda 'obvious' to me when making a fursona, and making her anything else would be like lying. Y'know, the whole 'I love these other things, but this is what best fits me' type of thing. IDK I just appreciate the easy decision process lmao
FV +7 | Please ping me!
7 Jan 2018, 9:02 am
So, I always loved wolves and foxes and cats growing up, but I'm not sure if that was part of what led me to make Howl. Although I've been a furry since before I knew what furries were, I only recently jumped into the community. (Maybe like 5 or 6 months ago) I spent about 3 days of brainstorming to come up with the perfect character to represent myself. I didn't want to come up with a character that I didn't feel a connection to a week later (as I have a habit of doing) so I thought to myself what animals am I most like. I'm a bit of an oddball, though. I act much differently around friends than around strangers. When I'm with people I don't feel comfortable around, I act all serious and calm and independent, much like a wolf; when I'm with friends, I act all excited and friendly and playful, much like a domestic puppy. So, knowing wolfdogs exist, I made my fursona Howl a wolf-dog hybrid. (He's colored the way he is because I have a disastrous sweet tooth and candy corn is my kryptonite.) >w<
Regretfully running on a mobile device...
I wish I still had a functional laptop... TwT
7 Jan 2018, 9:06 am
atilla hey, there's strength in numbers, right? I don't mind that the majority of furries are canine or vulpine. They definitely are, but there's nothing wrong with it. ^w^
Regretfully running on a mobile device...
I wish I still had a functional laptop... TwT
7 Jan 2018, 9:07 am
I chose a cocktrice because I love roosters and monsters, so a mix of the two was just fitting for me.
LUTHxd6.png
Tumblr - Toyhou.se
Ping if replying please
7 Jan 2018, 9:09 am
atilla hey, there's strength in numbers, right? I don't mind that the majority of furries are canine or vulpine. They definitely are, but there's nothing wrong with it. ^w^

true! i think its cool thats theres so many canines/vulpines, it just shows how many people love them :3c
rxdcc3b
y5a4auy9tbqq3ztyystovd7
tnmyerq
feel free to ping me for horse or werewolf adopts!
7 Jan 2018, 9:13 am
Lion cus i love lions!!
628-lion-cub.png 1578-macaw-sphinx.png 2607-treasure-seeking-pirate-parrot.png
7 Jan 2018, 9:14 am (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 9:19 am)
Well...
My main character/characters aren't FURRIES, per say...
63080-856CD292-83B7-4999-AD5E-1B5EA65483
This...
63080-64983CCD-D342-4025-BAB3-6EA3BCFBF8
This...
63080-60287B3A-EE08-47E0-A2F1-D8BD77D3C5
...This... Thing...
(The furry in the corner's name is Dwayne, he's a fox and one of his eyes is blind.)
...Is my main persona. Virtue.
She's a Trashling, and found many, many, MANY times on my Folioscope page, Which I don't post on anymore because i have reached my limit of 5 thousand animations/drawings.
Trashlings are just...
Trash.
They're about the height of, say, an Asura, and most are colorless/grayscale with the consistency of an endlessly stretchy substance.
Of course, they can be cut.
Despite this, with enough blood in them, they can extend their limbs, face, neck...
Everything.
They're monsters, meaning they turn to dust upon death and are self-sustained on the magic in their souls.
They have no bones.
Or muscles.
Just one organ.
And that's in their throat.
Like an eardrum, it is a thin filter that converts anything they eat into the black blood that fills the parts of their bodies below the neck.
Their hair and skin is also made of this sticky-when-wet substance.
If you were to drain one entirely of its blood, it would die.
This is the ONLY way to kill a trashling is to destroy or drain all of the blood.
You could have a severed head filled with blood and a knot in the neck and it could still be alive.
They don't make sense.
oh and they blush black like the blood

A trashling's design is based off a real-life person.
Their owner.
Usually, it is just an avatar for the owner to use in talking with others and interacting with their characters: No personality change. Be yourself.
I made this species, and they are an open species.
Completely free to use, don't even ask.

My other persona is an Asura.
She's my main character on Guild Wars 2.
Her name's Ash.
Ashana Sihra.
She's also what I named my Frisk after in Undertale.
(in the story, it ended up just being her.)
screen_shot_2018_01_07_at_10_10_45_am_by
This is what she looks like now.
She is a level 80 Guardian/Dragonhunter in the college of Dynamics.
Fun-loving, caring, silly...
Ask her how to build a golem and she'll give you a step-by-step tutorial of
"Put this thingymabob over on the jiggermadoodle."
Loves her Monster friends and Flowey, Pumpkins, and decorating the guild hall.
Order of Whispers.
ashana_by_ashanasihra-dbz8lkl.png
She looked like this for a long time and most of my early Folio ventures were handled by her.

Thanks for reading haha XP
7 Jan 2018, 9:19 am
Well my persona characters (multiple beings one person but not hivemind) are monsters but they each represent a part of me (except beans she's the face and is minorly all of them)
7 Jan 2018, 9:23 am (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 9:30 am)
I chose a feline based creature, and went with that.
There's a lot of personal reasons, but I'll make it short.

1. I didn't want a common species to represent me (I'll explain why)
2. I never feel like I fit in or belong anywhere, so that's where the alien and differing species came from (explained)
3. I wanted something semi unique, but not "special snowflake" levels of it
4. I just really enjoy felines, I find them fascinating
5. The anatomy of cats (all kinds) is very appealing to me, and gives me a challenge when drawing them
6. I wanted a creature that could be semi-friendly, but also very independent

I also grew up around many cats, and have found that I'm a "cat person."
I can be around and relax with a feline more than I can a canine.
Dogs are too... Hyper for me. (Every babysit an American Staffordshire terrier puppy? It's hard!)
Generally speaking, that is.
Our pet dog was an absolute sweet heart and wasn't always climbing up the walls or barking like a nut case, when she was around.
She passed away when I was 14 or so.

Though I do have canine sonas, most are male, and I'm just not as attached to them.

Aaaand that lead me to a cat!
+1 hour fv time|21|she/her/they|Polyromantic|Pansexual|1.16.1999 d.o.b|Taken|DON'T PING ME IN MY OWN THREADS!!!! I am subscribed!
PWYW Adopts Shop | Send Me A Moodboard, I'll Make You A Character | Generated OC "Game"
7 Jan 2018, 9:27 am
I designed my fursona Imoku (a maned wolf) when I was 15. I chose this species because 1) I'm a reincarnated canine (dog therian) 2) I've always been tall, thin and really gangly. Luckily ten years later I've grown into my limbs a little better lmao but ofc my 'sona stuck, she's def me in every way. I even have a tattoo of her on my ribs (damn it hurt ;w;)
19180584_VilbAg7zWQEUhW1.png
7 Jan 2018, 9:33 am (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 9:34 am)
1.) Sona Species: Vizsla + Lab mix

And why did you choose that animal to be representative for your sona?: Kind of an accident really! She was originally just a brown dog, but then I altered her design to look more like a Vizsla! I looooovvvveee Vizslas!

2.) Gryphon

Idk, just wanted to

3.) Dragon

She started off as a HTTYD OC

4.) Angel Dragon

Idk, he wasn't supposed to be one, but he looked too nice similar to them so~
7 Jan 2018, 9:38 am
OOo I love reading about everyone's characters ;_;
icon artwork by Bassetfilms
7 Jan 2018, 9:57 am (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 9:57 am)
1. Nubian Goat
Why? Well because Undertale's Asriel Dreemurr. HES JUST TOO CUTE AND THEN I MADE MYSELF INTO GOAT CHILD AAAA

2. Eastern Dragon
I LOVE mythical things and dragons, and I prefer Eastern over Western dragons.

3. Koopa-Bean Hybrid
Well, Superstar Saga's Bowletta is what my Koopasona is based around on. I JUST LOVE CACKLETTA'S ROLE AND QUOTES OMFG
y8dsyh2r
yar8by34

Aiva | 18 | Her/She | HS Graduate | ISFP
DeviantArt | Art Shop
7 Jan 2018, 10:01 am
My (more or less) fursona is a raccoon! I picked a raccoon because I've adored raccoons ever since I was a kid. Why? I have no idea. I still adore raccoons quite a lot and while I do like other animals too, raccoons (and cats) will always be dear to me. ;v;'
Please don't PM me unless it's about art that I've commissioned.
Private messages tend to make me an anxious mess and I really don't need that, especially right now.
Yes, I had to put this here too because people don't read profiles. I will block you if you PM me anyway. :/
7 Jan 2018, 10:05 am
My baby boy is a doggo <3 I've grown up around dogs and I simply love them. My grandmother used to keep me at her house as a kid and she always had a dog. I grew up helping my grnadfather train them, loving them, and simply wishing I had one. They have got to be one of the brightest lights in my life. And so my little Fursona Kingdom was born ~
sqqny3be8edc16f6c14baac3c648299e9b90603.pngsqqny3b
7 Jan 2018, 10:06 am
I just really really like deer. Have you ever seen a deer blep? IT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER! And i didnt have a fursonna until furvilla intoduces the gala deer at which point i decided that had to be mine and Sheason the Deer was born.
Jashin325 is my furvilla waifu
FictionKin to Bill Cipher
I adore being pinged so please do it.
MC9fqrM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f
7 Jan 2018, 10:11 am (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 10:16 am)
heyo mine is a Dutch Angel Dragon, Female, Named sinter. i always fiund dragons fascinating and then i learned there were cuter ones!?!?! i couldnt help but leap into the fandom like a rocket!
https://imgur.com/a/See71 <- this is a drawing i did of her when i was bored
7 Jan 2018, 10:18 am
A cat. This cat .
I made her for the purpose of animating so I'd have a somewhat simple character to go by, and she stuck. Been my 'sona for 6-7 years. Don't think I'll ever change her at this point, I might give her some temporary accessories later on, but for the most part she'll just be my orange doof :3
To help Alekzy in a time of need!
~~~~~><~~~~~
touch_the_fishy_resized_by_lstheninjakit
1hr behind FV time
7 Jan 2018, 10:27 am
Mine's just a fox. An odd marble fox to he exact (my villager kallan). I'm increasingly becoming more upset because I'm becoming less attached to him as well as my kinself (idc if people on here know, you guys are less judgemental than everyone else)
siggy.php?id=4299035
7 Jan 2018, 10:32 am (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 10:34 am)
My fursona is a raccoon named Lockett but I haven't put her on here yet because she will need a paintie and I don't have any money for that.

Edit:Or time.
7 Jan 2018, 11:04 am
Mine is my Active! She's a Cougar. Why? Well, originally it was because the Warrior Princess plush was a dusky yellow-tan. It had to be that one because my name, WarriorMaiden is a direct translation of my real name. After playing around with the design, I decided to go with Cougar. They're a feline (one of 2 species I feel closely to, the other being a horse...). They are shy and reserved, and active both during the day and night. As a general rule, they avoid people, but can live near them if necessary. Despite being a big cat (the fourth largest in the world) it has a differently shaped larynx and cannot roar. Instead, they have a very unique scream. Females are fiercely protective, and can/will bring down Grizzly bears in their defense. (Grizzlys can be up to 5 times their size.) And in all of the pictures of big cats I've seen, only cougars have demonstrated central heterochromia, which I have.
I came. I saw. I...forgot what I was doing.