retractable claws?

14 Jan 2018, 12:24 pm
Yo humanaboos and welcome to my search for a way to make retractable claws for my fursuit partial.

What is this?: Alright so I'm going to a convention in February and would like to add a bit of flare to my suit by building paws with retractable claws.
Why, man?: WhY NOt? If I can't get it done in time, there's always a next con.
Deadline?: February 23rd

[Ideas Here]

dnTY5ZY.png

14 Jan 2018, 12:34 pm
h14u4g.jpg
(Can i be pinged for updates or somethin?)
Dizzie - She/Her - Demi

100806fbaa67c7e8b9d22f3dd9b876116ace71b7
14 Jan 2018, 12:36 pm
I'm not sure how to help but maybe you could use like a lever or something in the inside of the paw that can be pushed or pulled to make the claws come out or go in.

I wish you the best of luck and I'd love to be pinged for updates. That's a pretty cool idea.
10557567_0jz9pPR1GOkuBit.png
Art by papaemeritus Icon by PastelShadows
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/103451-simple-animated-ych
14 Jan 2018, 12:39 pm (Edited 14 Jan 2018, 12:45 pm)
Matrices shared this image some months ago. I have to find the video...

http://matrices.tumblr.com/post/151329545763/retractable-fursuit-claws-here-is-my-design-for

tumblr_oeiny62Xxf1qfm2n0o1_540.png

Edit: video was on vine and has been deleted. There's a patron only one, but it'll probably be a bit before she decides to release it tyo public.
+0 FV time - deadlifting my fursonas - i love pygmy goats
imuXSyy.png
14 Jan 2018, 12:49 pm
He hasn't made any fursuits, but he makes props and mechanisms from movies, like moving finger extensions and the like. He's on YouTube and is called OdenMakes. There's an offshoot channel for him too where he works on teams, but I forget what its called, it usually is mentioned somewhere.
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
14 Jan 2018, 1:13 pm
Thanks, y'all. If anyone is one of Matrice's patrons, maybe you could explain how it all works? I don't think it's very ethical to keep that info locked up, but whatever, mates.

dnTY5ZY.png
14 Jan 2018, 1:16 pm
QuinnFuzz is considered disrespectful for a patreon to leak info to nonpaying people. so asking for leaks isnt a good idea
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
14 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm
Maybe inside it have an "extra layer" (basically you have the paws, and you can stick your hands in them, but if you "go deeper" inside the paws the extra layer of fabric with the claw on it will be shown?) i'm not too good at making fursuits, or how they're made (since i've never made one before ;b)
Electrica-breathing.gif
"Everyone makes mistakes. I've had more than my share."
14 Jan 2018, 1:21 pm
Thanks, y'all. If anyone is one of Matrice's patrons, maybe you could explain how it all works? I don't think it's very ethical to keep that info locked up, but whatever, mates.

I'm sorry, but the information isn't locked up. The tutorial is right there. The video just shows the idea in action, as does the patreon one.
She normally releases information she comes up with anyway so there's no reason to assume that she is just keeping the process she came up with all to herself.
imuXSyy.png
14 Jan 2018, 1:25 pm
Please add me to the pinglist if you make one! I'd love to see that - it looks badass!
14 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm
Sigma RadioactiveAcid I'm sure she's a lovely person, but the info has been locked on Patreon for months now.

dnTY5ZY.png
14 Jan 2018, 5:08 pm
I think maybe if you did that design, then for the claws you could have little levers attached to a bar that you can pull with your fingers to get the claws to jut out? Maybe *squint*
And then there was that...

GIF_BY_NihilisticCake.gif
14 Jan 2018, 5:11 pm
Sigma RadioactiveAcid I'm sure she's a lovely person, but the info has been locked on Patreon for months now.

theres...nothing wrong with that though. its like if someones really good at piano. no one is entitled to get free piano lessons from them. if they want to learn the info they can pay someone to teach them, or figure it out themselves if they dont wanna pay. both are valid options :o
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
14 Jan 2018, 5:18 pm
Good luck, seems like a fun idea to puzzle out! I do have to agree with RadioactiveAcid and Sigma though. It's not "locked up" its simply the artist wanting to be able to make a living. Would you consider supermarkets "locking up" food? Like I understand not everyone can afford to commission artwork or support artists via Patreon, but artists need to make money.
v1bHoNS.gif
Salem/Provie - she/her - 27 y/o
14 Jan 2018, 5:22 pm
The debate on the ethics of paying someone for information they have aside, I like the idea and the drawn out tutorial should be more than enough to do it if you're making the paws from scratch.

For a more in depth design you'd need levers, space, lots of test time, and possibly a motor (well 2) if you want them to do so automatically. And that's if you're building the apparatus yourself then closing it in on paws you are making yourself.

Putting such an apparatus into paws that someone else made could be even more difficult, definitely a lot of risky work as if you make a wrong cut or glue the wrong bit the paws could become unusable.

It'd help to know what you want out of the claws being retractable.
Former AnonFairy Existentialism (I was until people started making and releasing villagers with bad CSS... Ruin my fun why don't ya'll)
WiwPM2N.gif
14 Jan 2018, 5:49 pm
QuinnFuzz
Please don't bring up this subject with me again. It's not related to the topic at all.
You can either become a $1 per month patron for her or wait until she releases it. You asking for me or any other of her patrons to release the information she has is making me really uncomfortable.
imuXSyy.png
14 Jan 2018, 6:54 pm
If your looking for claw making you can go to fur-affinity and if you type that in you can find alot fur-suit makers that make such claws.

For example I know I seen Furred_Out_Kreations make them, also seen a maker of 3D animations of it on FA before too.
You could always try and ask around maybe for some tutorials if there is any out there . I believe there has to be a lot out there because there is so much on fursuits.

However I'm not fursuit maker but if I find something that is helpful I will give you a yelp.
22 Jan 2018, 10:06 pm
so a friend made a novel idea of an inner glove that had claws mounted to it and she moved that in and out of her furry paws which gave the allusion of retractable claws, though notably her control wasn't the best and she still had some bugs to work out, like anchoring the furry paws to her arms with elastic or a cord cause the shifting tended to make the paws slide off the inner clawed gloves.

they were also rather hot

so you could always try that
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png