Search The Castle Game - NOW OPEN, BIG PRIZES!

14 Mar 2018, 12:32 am (Edited 2 Apr 2018, 11:16 pm)
This is a combination of a game, DnD map, and prize give-away all in one.

"You find yourself in front of an imposing castle. Wooden double-doors with metal bracing tower up above your head. Tucked in behind a metal stud is a note, which you take out and unfold.

I have decided to give up all my worldly possessions and travel the world helping the needy. In exchange for a donation to help me with my charity work you are welcome to have anything you like from my home. Come in, take a look around, I've got lots of great things you might like!
-Sam

"You fold and replace the note, drop some coins in the box outside the door, and step into the dark entrance..."

Current Explored Map: https://goo.gl/JgbhM6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES:
1) Each round costs 5000 FC or 5 FD (prizes vary in value all the way up to a couple hundred FD)
2) The round will end when you have found something. (at least one item, but perhaps a few!)
3) The map will be revealed as it is explored, and you can travel to any area that has already been revealed right away from the door.
4) Explorations will be addressed in the order they are received. If you explore the same area/item after someone else has, you will get another try.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAMPLE EXPLORATION:

Explorer: I travel to the east hallway, first intersection. (Had already been explored up to that point by someone else.)
Me: You see the hallway continuing in front of you. To the left you see a door, and up ahead a bit on the right you see an alcove with a window.

Explorer: I will open the door.
Me: You open the door and walk into the small room. On the far wall is a set of shelves with some items on it. To your right is a table covered in tools and crafting materials. Underneath it is a small chest.

Explorer: I will investigate the table.
Me: You have found some items! (I will then list out what items they found, and then send them over via trade or transfer)

14 Mar 2018, 12:33 am (Edited 19 Mar 2018, 7:11 pm)
EXPLORATION RESULTS:

DivideByZiro found a Serpent's Wall Torch in the Throne Room!
Feroxi found 2 Irradiated Icy Rocks, 5 Corrupted Icy Rocks, and 5 Marble Sky Rocks in the cavern!
Kay_Mentrae found a Blue Flishy in the ocean!
Breezeyheart found 10 Gold Cufflinks, 10 Chocolate Candycorn, 2 Garnet Arm Straps, an Enchanted Hood Blueprint, and an Oceanic Couch Table in the Salon!
JustASmolFurry found an Arctic Space Lobster in the ocean!
spirit5678 found a Furious Flames Amulet in a guest bedroom!
TigTigrou found a Snow Festival Plush Fairy and 5 Spooky Toothy Scarves in the Master Bedroom!
JustASmolFurry found 10 Hot Chocolate Packets, and Oceanic Coffee Maker, and a Kibble Cakes Recipe Card on the balcony!
Singledragon found a Palette Plushie in a guest bedroom!
ForeverFrosted found a Classic Sugar Glider in a guest bedroom!
Pepporoni_Pizza found a Dragon Morphing Potion, an Elemental Staff Schema and 2 Garnet Arm Straps in the Master Bedroom!
JustASmolFurry found Gilded Magical Gills in a guest bedroom!
Lacerne found an Oceanic Lamp, an Oceanic Nightstand, and a Sun Coin in a guest bedroom!
JustASmolFurry found a Sea Two Cushion Couch in the Salon!
spirit5678 found 10 Flying Daisies, 2 Bashful Blossoms, and a Brown Sandhopper on the beach!
Pepporoni_Pizza found a Dapple Gray Horse Plush and 10 Magic Gems in the Master bedroom!
mon1496 found a Pollute Amulet, 50 Magic Gems, and a Mermaid Tail Scale in a secret passage!
14 Mar 2018, 12:41 am (Edited 20 Mar 2018, 12:45 pm)
Another similar game thread you guys might like!

JsbQpW1.png
14 Mar 2018, 12:54 am (Edited 14 Mar 2018, 1:01 am)
(sending payment; is there a limit to how many rounds one can play in succession?)

I push open the doors and waltz like I own the place, smugly glancing around. >:3

edit: ahh I think maybe I rushed into that, is there a sort of sign-up period?
ezgif_1_cf77159186_1__by_silverbee_adoptTrey | He/Himezgif_1_9e0ccf7356_1__by_silverbee_adopt
❤ no need to ping on my threads ❤

3067-rainbow-cloud-otter.png
14 Mar 2018, 12:58 am (Edited 14 Mar 2018, 1:02 am)
(Ooo! I love Exploring events! Sign me up for a round or so! ♡)
I open the door and I walk in but carefully as not to break anything after all, it's not my castle.
5912903_YMr.gif5880286_qn7pUDcxKkTsHaX.gif15790291_UAJ.png
Art of Starbug by Krepta , Moshi & Kol . Avatar colored in by me. My websites (please click). Please ping/pm me♡♥
14 Mar 2018, 1:02 am (Edited 14 Mar 2018, 1:06 am)
(sending payment; is there a limit to how many rounds one can play in succession?)

I push open the doors and waltz like I own the place, smugly glancing around. >:3

You enter a wide hallway. Up ahead you see a red carpet the extend into the next room. After you take a few steps forward, you see that there are two identical doors, one on your right and one on your left.

(You can play as many rounds as you like!)
14 Mar 2018, 1:03 am
(Ooo! I love Exploring events! Sign me up for a round or so! ♡)
I open the door and I walk in but carefully as not to break anything after all, it's not my castle.

You enter a wide hallway. Up ahead you see a red carpet that extends into the next room. After you take a few steps forward, you see that there are two identical doors, one on your right and one on your left.
14 Mar 2018, 1:08 am
Dungeon_Master said:
You enter a wide hallway. Up ahead you see a red carpet the extend into the next room. After you take a few steps forward, you see that there are two identical doors, one on your right and one on your left.

I take the door to my right, reasoning that statistically lost people more often travel left than right when faced with a similar decision, and I'll be damned if I'm lost!
ezgif_1_cf77159186_1__by_silverbee_adoptTrey | He/Himezgif_1_9e0ccf7356_1__by_silverbee_adopt

14 Mar 2018, 1:10 am (Edited 14 Mar 2018, 1:11 am)
katethemarten
I go to the right, opening the door carefully, hoping that my instincts were right and this was the door to choose.
Art of Starbug by Krepta , Moshi & Kol . Avatar colored in by me. My websites (please click). Please ping/pm me♡♥
14 Mar 2018, 1:13 am
(Excited :DD)

I walk up, barely managing to push open one of the heavy wooden doors to the castle. As the dust from the movement settles, I lean in and peer around before entering. I appear to be in a wide hallway with a red carpet extending into the next room and two identical doors, one on the left and one of the right.

After a moment of hesitation I decide to proceed inside to test the Left door. (Hopefully I understood the rules right x3)
cordelia_stargazing___ych_by_kaymentrae-
14 Mar 2018, 1:14 am
I take the door to my right, reasoning that statistically lost people more often travel left than right when faced with a similar decision, and I'll be damned if I'm lost!

You open the door to your right, you nee a narrow hallway that ends in stars that ascend up to the next floor.

(You can go up, or go back the way you came)
14 Mar 2018, 1:16 am
katethemarten
I go to the right, opening the door carefully, hoping that my instincts were right and this was the door to choose.

You open the door to your right, you nee a narrow hallway that ends in stars that ascend up to the next floor.

14 Mar 2018, 1:18 am
katethemarten said:

I tug the collar of my sweater nervously, tight spaces have never been my strong suit. I turn tail and head back into the hallway, figuring the red carpet would be an appropriate way for a star such as myself to travel. I head north.

14 Mar 2018, 1:18 am
(Excited :DD)

I walk up, barely managing to push open one of the heavy wooden doors to the castle. As the dust from the movement settles, I lean in and peer around before entering. I appear to be in a wide hallway with a red carpet extending into the next room and two identical doors, one on the left and one of the right.

After a moment of hesitation I decide to proceed inside to test the Left door. (Hopefully I understood the rules right x3)

You do have it right! :)
You open the door to your left, you nee a narrow hallway that ends in stars that descend down to the basement.

(You can go down, or go back the way you came)
14 Mar 2018, 1:23 am
I tug the collar of my sweater nervously, tight spaces have never been my strong suit. I turn tail and head back into the hallway, figuring the red carpet would be an appropriate way for a star such as myself to travel. I head north.

You follow the red carpet into a large rectangular room. The walls are lined with torches and, at the end, is a large golden throne on a raised wooden platform. There is a door on either side of the room.
14 Mar 2018, 1:25 am

I decide to go up the stairs, curious of where they lead.
14 Mar 2018, 1:29 am
katethemarten said:
You follow the red carpet into a large rectangular room. The walls are lined with torches and, at the end, is a large golden throne on a raised wooden platform. There is a door on either side of the room.

I prance around the room excitedly, this is more like it! A room fit for a king! Snickering, I grab a torch and seat myself in the throne; waving the flaming object like a royal scepter. Eventually growing bored with my own childish antics, I opt to take the western room.

14 Mar 2018, 1:31 am
I decide to go up the stairs, curious of where they lead.

You climb the stairs to the upper level of the castle. When you reach the top you see that the corridor goes straight ahead, and another hallway leads off to your right.
14 Mar 2018, 1:35 am
I prance around the room excitedly, this is more like it! A room fit for a king! Snickering, I grab a torch and seat myself in the throne; waving the flaming object like a royal scepter. Eventually growing bored with my own childish antics, I opt to take the western room.

YOU HAVE FOUND AN ITEM!

Serpent's Wall Torch
14 Mar 2018, 1:37 am

You climb the stairs to the upper level of the castle. When you reach the top you see that the corridor goes straight ahead, and another hallway leads off to your right.

I head to the right again, feeling bold and quite curious as to where this second hallway leads to.
14 Mar 2018, 1:44 am
I head to the right again, feeling bold and quite curious as to where this second hallway leads to.

That hall carves around but continues to the North. There is a door to your immediate left and, up the hall you can see there is another door, also on the left. On the right are a few windows, through which you can see a few outbuildings below.
14 Mar 2018, 2:05 am

That hall carves around but continues to the North. There is a door to your immediate left and, up the hall you can see there is another door, also on the left. On the right are a few windows, through which you can see a few outbuildings below.

I pause and think for a moment but I decide to go to my immediate left and open the door, hoping to find something interesting.
14 Mar 2018, 2:13 am (Edited 14 Mar 2018, 2:14 am)
I pause and think for a moment but I decide to go to my immediate left and open the door, hoping to find something interesting.

You open the door and enter a medium sized room with a light colored carpet. There are two chairs and a couch. There are two side tables.

(NOTE: I update the map link with every exploration so you can see what the room looks like)
14 Mar 2018, 2:18 am
I decide to descend the ominous stairs into the basement. (Yay! I'm glad I didn't mess it up x3)
cordelia_stargazing___ych_by_kaymentrae-
14 Mar 2018, 2:23 am
I decide to descend the ominous stairs into the basement. (Yay! I'm glad I didn't mess it up x3)

You patter down the steps into the basement. The temperature down here is several degrees colder than up above, and you get goosebumps on your arms. Straight ahead is a long hall that gets very dark at the end and you think you can hear faint noises. To your left is a much more well-lit hallway.