General Warrior Career Discussion

31 Mar 2018, 5:12 pm (Edited 9 Apr 2018, 1:26 pm)
I like the warrior career a lot and often have little stuff that I want to talk or ask about but I usually feel too shy to make a thread about it (or don't feel like it warrants a whole thread) and there often aren't any relevant threads for me to post on. :x

So I thought it might be nice to have a thread where anyone can post day-to-day things relating to the Warrior career, just little stuff that you might not want to make a thread about.

For example, here we can post about our builds, goals, equipment and crystals we've crafted or are aiming to craft, nice little drops, which battlegrounds we're farming at the moment, little questions...anything related to the warrior career really.

Random babble of the day: I'm really loving the Creeping Frost Amulet at the moment, when it came out I used it once, thought "meh" and never really bothered with it again. But I'm finding it really useful for Mystic Gardens and Deadly Monsters, it's a pretty cool amulet.

31 Mar 2018, 5:19 pm
Yo the creeping frost amulet is really cool. Especially paired with anything that ups the burst. The malachite then creeping frost causes it to boost super high. I've personally really liked the midnight magic necklace and then peach's poison. Makes quick work of most things that don't have dark resistance.
Hello friends!
Tumblr
Paintie Shop Adopt Shop
tumblr_o9ircu6zJ11r94trko1_500.gif
31 Mar 2018, 5:50 pm
chibicheesepuff Nice, I'll have to try the Malachite Ring with it! I usually just stick with my Opal Ring with pretty much everything, I need to experiment more.

I wasn't keen on the Midnight Magic Necklace when I tried it (I didn't like that it heals the opponent and the stuff it does just seems so random), a lot of people seem to like it though so I'll have to give it another try at some point. And yeah Deadly Poison is amazing!
31 Mar 2018, 6:02 pm
This is a great idea! I was wondering why there wasn't a warrior discussion thread too :D

I'm still fairly new to the Warrior career, so I'm focusing on leveling my three up to level 20 (got one there already!) and getting the best equipment. My current focus is crafting the Quality Robes (I'm not sure why the Quality Robes schema is so expensive? was it a rare battlegrounds drop or something) and crafting weapon crystals. Maybe getting another Frenzy's Shroud? The first one I crafted came out at 50% XD
UKsyafQ.png
31 Mar 2018, 6:19 pm
Hyperbole Ah thank you! I had this thread open in a tab for like an hour not daring to post it, thinking it might just be a horrible idea. :x I'm really bad at making threads, I don't know why.

Good luck getting your warriors up to level 20, and congrats on the one that's already there!

The Quality Robes schema has a tiny chance to drop when crafting Robes (3% chance) or Basic Robes (1% chance), or I think you might be able to get it from the explore events that give out recipes (not completely sure on that one). I tried to craft some Robes to hopefully get one a while ago but didn't have any luck, I'll probably just buy the schema at some point. The Quality Robes do seem like a great piece of equipment for high-intelligence builds!

For some reason the vast majority of Frenzy's Shrouds that I craft seem to come out at 50% or just slightly higher too, that item is cursed or something. xD I did manage to get a 113% one eventually, I hope your next one comes out a lot better <3
31 Mar 2018, 6:24 pm
Lucid
Oh, that's... an unfortunate drop rate D: I'll keep working at it, though, gives me something to grind for! The most problems I have are for getting enough gems for the Anvils and the Crystal Schemas. I'm not sure what the best things to discard are!

Yeah, I'm going to try and craft a better one. Failing that, I'll wait for Traveller to come around so I can bump up the quality.
UKsyafQ.png
31 Mar 2018, 6:27 pm
My major goal at the moment is to get my warrior to level 25. I'm a little over a third of the way to 23 right now, but it's a pretty slow grind.
ZhAuI1x.gif5Z5f93R.gifiRk2zEv.gif
31 Mar 2018, 6:46 pm
Someday.. I will have my 150 % [3] tiger blade. Socketed with a power crystal +1+2+3 someday I hope to also hit 25 and use my Ana's sorrow
37y2b2f.gifFor all things warrior related Check out Dueling Club!37y2b2f.gif
31 Mar 2018, 6:47 pm
Hyperbole Good luck! ^-^ I'm not really sure what the best things to discard are neither, I usually get my anvils through trades (some people stocked up on a lot of furgems during the DMM event so they'll sometimes trade them for my spare equipment).

When I'm needing warrior's elixirs though I'll go to the stall search, set it to order by price and just buy any cheap 5 point stuff I can find (like leather boots. brass pieces etc). I'm not sure if they're the most cost efficient things to discard or not though, I'm just lazy. xD

Crunchypuff It is a very slow grind to level up after 20, I think I'm at about the same place with Dream (1080690/3000000 exp), I'm mostly grinding Deadly Monsters at the moment with another warrior for FC and crystal materials though so I doubt I'll get there anytime soon. Good luck to you! <3
31 Mar 2018, 6:52 pm (Edited 31 Mar 2018, 6:54 pm)
noiro18
A highly worthy goal XD How much damage is that going to do per-hit with your build, do you think?

Lucid
You buy Elixirs using FurGems? That seems.... really cost inefficient
UKsyafQ.png
31 Mar 2018, 6:54 pm
Someday.. I will have my 150 % [3] tiger blade. Socketed with a power crystal +1+2+3 someday I hope to also hit 25 and use my Ana's sorrow

I can't even imagine how hard that thing would hit lol...I think I might have to stay away from PvP forever when that happens (nah just kidding) :P

I wonder what happened to the Traveler, I still need to get my cool shield upgraded.
31 Mar 2018, 6:58 pm
Hyperbole To be honest im not sure. I havent had the pleasure of finding a +2 or +3 power crystal so i am unsure how much damage it will add. It should do quite a bit. 8P
31 Mar 2018, 7:00 pm
Lucid . Yeah i am hoping they will return soon!
31 Mar 2018, 7:04 pm
Hyperbole Well I haven't bought any Elixirs in a while thanks to trading but yeah when they were 13k or something I'd have to buy them with furgems. It seemed more cost efficient than buying the elixirs from the stalls but my maths is not great.

The way I worked it out, as long as you're buying the 5 point stuff for 20 FC or lower, you're spending at the most 5k on each elixir.

Because if you buy 1000 five-point things at 20 FC each (you can usually find them for lower though), that's 20k, and it'd get you 5000 furgems which would buy four elixirs.

...I think. xD
31 Mar 2018, 7:08 pm
noiro18 I hope the traveler returns soon too! I was on hiatus from this site when they came, so I missed out entirely!
Catch you on the flippety flip.

31 Mar 2018, 7:12 pm
southpaw It is a very useful resource i wish werent so heavy on the workload for the staff involved. It does cost a pretty penny... It'll cost me about 25,550,000 FC to turn my 146% tigers blade into that which i seek 8P im not quite there yet.
1 Apr 2018, 8:46 am
Just crafted my 90th staff, still no sign of that Light Staff. One day..

Now I'm out of Aluminium so I'll have to farm some more. And only 6 Azure Feathers left so I think I'll be moving to OFB or DMM to try to gather a few more (does anyone know the locations to find them in other villages yet?)
1 Apr 2018, 10:31 am
Hey, I was wondering what different builds people use for the Harbinger?
UKsyafQ.png
1 Apr 2018, 10:45 am (Edited 1 Apr 2018, 11:29 am)
Hyperbole

I use one that I nabbed from one of Lance-C-Bones' stream videos a while back (I can't remember which video he showed it on, it may have been one of the earliest ones). It uses Vali's Golden Hammer, I think it'd be rude of me to post the whole build though as it isn't mine and I haven't seen him post it on the forums. ^-^; But if you check out his videos you should be able to find it!

I've made a Lightning/Dark resist Dragonheart shield for it, and use a high potency Lightning Scalemail to stop Dark Lightning from killing me so much. And thanks to Noiro's advice I use a Sophie's Hammer to knock off his regeneration. I only do 700-800 damage each turn though so it's a bit of a chore to fight him. :x

Before that, I was piling up intelligence and blasting him with Aeron's Folly but I don't think you can get enough intelligence to do that since Alure's was reworked (also I used to use Hale's Ring which has also been changed). That only had a 50ish% success rate anyway though.
1 Apr 2018, 10:51 am
Lucid
I believe I've seen the Vali's Hammer build, or at least a variation of it, because noiro18 showed me their version. Would it have worked better when Peach's Poison still silenced the opponent? I was wondering if there were any other viable builds out there, or if you just have to keep dodging and whacking away at him.

I wish the Traveler would come back as an automated shop! That would make it so much easier to upgrade equipment D:
UKsyafQ.png
1 Apr 2018, 11:00 am
Hyperbole It worked amazingly when Deadly Poison silenced the opponent, you could just pop that on him and he'd be completely unable to do anything. xD Noiro showed that to me aswell! I'd be able to just mindlessly farm him while watching TV, it was great but yeah it was nerfed and probably rightly so, it was so broken. :P

There may be other builds to fight the Harbinger out there that nobody has discovered yet (or I just haven't seen), the only ones I know of that work are those dodge builds at the moment though.

That would be amazing! I'm looking forward to when we're able to upgrade potency with our blacksmiths, but I'm not sure if that'll let us add sockets.
1 Apr 2018, 11:10 am (Edited 1 Apr 2018, 11:11 am)
Hyperbole The harbinger build that had peaches poison was a smidge overpowered. Like... You could literally pass turns untill it died and would take 0 damage the whole fight. So i can understand why they changed that. The Harbinger has quite a few strengths that you need to be able to get around. So it takes a varied and specific set of items. HIs huge physical damage seems to only be avoidable through 100% dodge chance aquired one way or another. I dont think it is possible to have the mitigation necessary to avoid the damage altogether or even sufficiently to survive long enough otherwise. It would take a high int high mit healer build i dont think exists but i have been experimenting with somethng like that with little success. His other strength is his own mitigation and resistances. Peaches poison worked great and still kindof dos because it lowers their resistances as well as provides consistent damage. Alternatives include a way to sunder armor and then do physical damage or just enough int to power through their resists. Then you also have to deal with Dark Lightning. With sufficient resists elemental blast doesnt do that much damage and you can heal through it. But for dark lightning you need specifically high dark AND lightning resist or it just eats you up.
1 Apr 2018, 4:35 pm
Weapon Crystals... Gotta use so many materials and all I want are the power crystals. That means i have such a high chance of failure. Going to be a lot of crystals i put up for sale.
1 Apr 2018, 4:54 pm
I have a few pieces to upgrade when the traveling-npc comes back with equipment upgrades. I plant to get my frenzy shroud above 60% maybe to 120% and get some sockets on my 120% grade light mace so I can get a light crystal on it :3
Shadow/30/he/him/she/her

furvilla closed beta/alpha tester and furvilla public beta tester

4nqP62E.png Jdlbs6g.png
1 Apr 2018, 5:38 pm
Weapon Crystals... Gotta use so many materials and all I want are the power crystals. That means i have such a high chance of failure. Going to be a lot of crystals i put up for sale.

True. D: You could always save some elemental ones to trade with me if I ever get power ones though!

I've only crafted three weapon crystals so far, they need so many materials, I usually give up on saving them up and just make a Ring, Armour or Shield one instead. I'll have to focus more on the weapon ones.

I still need to get a Fire Resist +1 or +2 one for shields first though to make up for some of the resistance that Alure's used to give (I do have a +1 one but it's in my gallery and it's making the rows look tidy, if I take it out they'll be messed up again xD).

I have a few pieces to upgrade when the traveling-npc comes back with equipment upgrades. I plant to get my frenzy shroud above 60% maybe to 120% and get some sockets on my 120% grade light mace so I can get a light crystal on it :3

Nice! ^-^ A Light Crystal on a Light Mace is a great idea! I kinda want to do that too now lol, would be handy for the Harbinger.