General Warrior Career Discussion

26 Jan 2019, 4:08 pm (Edited 26 Jan 2019, 4:09 pm)
noiro18 ty! I'm just spam clicking the buttons rn! Also, if I were to click off the page on accident would it reset my progress?
26 Jan 2019, 4:10 pm
ghostypaw No it wont reset your progress. You can return to any fight in progress if you lose the page for some reason. Though, there is only a 7% chance of getting the sword from finishing the fight.
37y2b2f.gifFor all things warrior related Check out Dueling Club!37y2b2f.gif
26 Jan 2019, 5:08 pm
Hi, can anyone tell me what would be a good crystal to put into the Earth Spell Book? Lightning Resistance ? Thanks!
3726-spell-book-of-earth.png
26 Jan 2019, 5:14 pm
PrayingMantis The lightning resist crystal would help offset the natural negative resistances the book has. Alternatively you could go for the defense crystals to really boost that mitigation. It would really add a lot of good mitigation on the shield slot. There is enough lightning resistance you can find elsewhere in my opinion that can offset that negative but getting more mitigation is pretty limited.
26 Jan 2019, 5:52 pm
noiro18 thank you! I need to go price some crystals
27 Jan 2019, 12:52 am
I suppose that it's ok to ask here instead in the help forum (?) I was wondering a couple of things about Valor points of the tournament. When the month ends they reset and you lost them or you can keep adding VP tournmanet after tournament?

Aaand, what's the use of the item upgrade ticket?

Thanks ' v'/
27 Jan 2019, 1:15 am (Edited 27 Jan 2019, 1:16 am)
Alterial you can keep adding up VP from one tournament to the next. They reset once a year during the ofb official tournament event. The item upgrade ticket can be traded to npc-traveler along with items and FC to upgrade the potency of items. Their prices and a full explanation can be found on their forum thread here
27 Jan 2019, 1:19 am (Edited 27 Jan 2019, 1:19 am)
noiro18

Thanks ♥! I didn't saw that link and its very useful~ Also, I will keep an eye to the date of the ofb tournament.
27 Jan 2019, 1:43 pm
Alterial
Note that using fairies or gummies to increase potency on an item may be cheaper than going through the Traveler's services (especially if you'd like to keep your crystals, it's an extra 50k per crystal).

The Traveler is still very helpful if you'd like to add an extra socket to an item. He takes FD at 1:1200, which I imagine might be helpful to you if you're FD-rich.
post your wishlist
jess #7302 | she/her | links
4 Feb 2019, 8:19 pm
Does anyone know what Armour Crystal: Mystery does? I can't find any informathion about it...
Vicky | Not native english speaker | +8 FV Time
4 Feb 2019, 8:38 pm
VickyZot
I think the conclusion here was it has a hidden damage modifier?
post your wishlist
jess #7302 | she/her | links
4 Feb 2019, 8:41 pm
It does 3 things, all of which are useful but not overly significant.
4 Feb 2019, 9:42 pm
msjanny VickyZot I tested it for a while but after i thought i had it figured i am fairly certain the functionality changed. I havent since had a chance to retest. My Current guess is 1-2% damage reduction 1-2% damage amp and not sure what the third would be. Maybe thorns? Still, maybe one day ill go into it more in depth.

In short. the Mystery crystal is the sole reason mosaic can kill everyone so efficiently. Im convinced.
5 Feb 2019, 12:03 am
Ssso I'm aware this was answered before but I keep forgetting to write it down somewhere but-
What exactly does Agility help you dodge? Can you dodge spells, and is that dependent on the Agi stat? How high does your Agi stat have to be before you can start to dodge consistently (I thought it was at around 36 Agi, but I'm at 33 on this test build and still getting whacked pretty often, but I haven't yet taken any data for it--just, eyeballing and watching the battle log, I get hit more often than I dodge by a lot). Or, does Agi only help you dodge physical attacks? If so, how do you increase your ability to dodge spells, or is there nothing for that?

What does Vali's Magic Hammer do? Increases your agi, yeah, but like how much? It's not listed in its desc, and is it worth it if you can get to ~36 agi without it?

Do all the passive "increases Agi stat by X% based off of base agi stat" --well, how do these work?
At the moment, I'm stacking a Jet Ring (Passive +25% dodge rate), one Spectral Crystal (+10%), a magic tome (+50% of the base amount of your agi). So, just off of those numbers, I should have a +85% chance to dodge, based off of my base rate, or just in general? Or how do these stack, if at all? Like I genuinely don't know if stacking these items is worth it, I'd love to know how they work in tandem with one another, if they all affect the Agility stat or if they just add a general modifier of "well now you dodge 25% more of the time regardless of your agility stat", making it as useful on someone with 1 Agility versus someone wtih 20 Agility.

I am iffy on my calculations and whether or not this is the right way to go about it or not, so if there's errors I'm sorry!
-I'll just try to take each piece apart from the others, and round down for all calculations. So my base stat of Agi is 29. I'll take the book enchantment that is +50%, so I'll call that +14 Agi, right? That puts me at 43 Agility, and then I think it's safe to combine the effects of the Jet Ring and the Spectral Crystal, since they don't specify when the bonus agi is added, so a base of +35%. Adding that value to the newly calculated 43 is 58, so that should be my overall Agility stat while in combat. I don't exactly know what this means, but I feel like I shouldn't be getting hit at all with one stat at this high, yet I still definitely am getting thwacked by swords.

-Alternatively, I'll keep each addition to my Agi stat all based off of the base #, in my case, 29. The +50% is still the same, and should increase it to 43. Then, using the 10% buff, it's an extra 2.9 (rounding down to 2) agi, so now at 45. Then the added 25%, which is ~7, and then at the end, my Agi stat should be at 52. Still considerably high, I think?

*I will note that in battle, it shows my agi score at 29+4. I would be very sad if all the passive % bonuses actually only amount to +4 agi, but I don't know how it calculates these things or if this is accurate given my general lack of knowledge about this stuff!

Anyways any insight it welcome, because I'd love to finally sort out how the Agility stat works, and what helps you to dodge spells, if that's even possible. Also, if there is a place where most of this has been answered, I'd love to know! Thank you guys for your time !
902-citrine-gembound-plush.png 3752-scorpio-zodiac-plushie.png Pls ping me to get me attention friendos!
icon by frostspeak i lov her,
I write pwyw!
5 Feb 2019, 12:16 am (Edited 5 Feb 2019, 12:21 am)
Sassibirb Lets see if i can help you before lance gets a crack at it.

Each point in agility increases your dodge rate by 1%

You can not dodge spells. Only weapons and certain skills can be dodged. Many physical attacks from enemies in various battlegrounds can be dodged and it can be an integral part of any build. You don't need to mitigate damage if you avoid it alltogether!

Items that increase your Dodge chance increase your overall dodge chance by a factor based off your total agility. if you have 40 agility and increase it by 25% you increase Your overall dodge rate by 10% up to a grand total of 50% dodge chance. If you increase it by 10% again you now have a grand total of 54% Plus another 50% dodge chance increases it up to a grand total of 74% (I used 40 base agility as an example because it is a nice even number that can be used to see the increases more clearly *hopefully*)

Dodge chance does not affect your total agility because Agility also affects your physical damage output. Scaling Dodge would quickly get out of hand if dodge rate also increased your damage too!

Your +4 comes from the 4 additional agility you gain for being ethereal from your spectral crystal.

Vali's Hammer increases your dodge by 400% So you only need 25 Agility to reach 100% dodge chance. With this in a build you can hit that 100% very easily and focus other item slots on increasing other damage if you so choose. You can be at 100% dodge now without it but it is much harder to get there.

Let me know if i missed anything and ill be happy to answer any other questions

:EDIT:

If you want to avoid spell damage your best bet is upping your resistances. That is going to net you the most passive damage avoidance. You can avoid spell damage alltogether through several methods. Some elemental damage that cant be blocked comes from skills and others come from spells you can see which an item is by seeing whether it says skill or spell in () next to the effect. Spells can be nullified by silencing your opponent. several items do this outright and some combos can inflict silence on opponents. Skills can be blocked outright by disarming your opponent. You can also use Hidden Flames amulet to negate spells and hidden earth or hidden freeze to negate skills.
5 Feb 2019, 12:18 am
Sassibirb

That's one heck of a post... but lets see what I can answer~!

So dodge chance is based off of an ability's physical damage. If you look at anything that has an ability, and see it has a number followed by "Physical Damage", than it can be dodged. For each point of agility, you get 1% chance to dodge. So 36 agility is 36% base chance to dodge. Reason why I bold this is to refer back to it for your other questions.

Vali's hammer has it's seen stats, but then applies a status effect while in battle. It increases your dodge chance by 300%, of its base value... So in the instance above, you'd take the 36 agility, multiply it by 3, and then add itself to it... Or more simply, multiply it by 4 (Once for its base value, and three for the added percent.). So 36 agility would give you a 144% chance to dodge physical attacks. Seeing as it's over 100%, you'd never get hit by a physical attack by normal means. Keep in mind there are spells and skills that say they deal physical damage, but don't show a physical damage value. These will still hurt you!

But now for the more realistic setting... You have 36 agility, the Jet ring, which is +25% base, the crystal, with is +10% base, and the tome, which is +50% base. So as you said, that's +85% of your base value... So take 36, multiplied by 1.86 (so that's the base value represented by 1, plus the percent increase which is .85), and you get a 66.6% chance to dodge physical attacks.

If you're still a bit confused, feel free to ping me and ask, or give me a poke in DM's and I'll do my best to explain things xD
My green name means I'm a helper! What's a helper? Someone that wishes to help others out with knowledge about Furvilla! My favorite subject and where I have the most knowledge is with the warrior career! We are not staff members. If you need help with something, whether it be a bug or something greater, file a report or contact a moderator/admin
5 Feb 2019, 12:22 am (Edited 5 Feb 2019, 12:23 am)
noiro18

Sooooo so close there... but I do get to correct you at the least! XD

Not all spells are created equal, as can be seen on some spells such as the Deep Blue Sea Amulet. The rule of thumb is "If you can see a physical damage value: It can be dodged." Skills and spells have nothing to do with it much to my dismay, as there are a lot of undodgeable skills I think should be dodgeable, and some spells like the one above, that shouldn't be dodgable.
My green name means I'm a helper! What's a helper? Someone that wishes to help others out with knowledge about Furvilla! My favorite subject and where I have the most knowledge is with the warrior career! We are not staff members. If you need help with something, whether it be a bug or something greater, file a report or contact a moderator/admin
5 Feb 2019, 12:23 am
You can dodge any skill or spell that deals physical damage (not earth damage though, which is an unavoidable version of physical damage). Physical damage very rarely shows up on spells though so it's safe to say spells can't be dodged.

Your dodge chance increases by 1% for every 1 Agility.
All dodge percent gains are for your base dodge chance. If someone has 10+5 agility, they have 15% dodge chance. If you have an item, like Jet Ring, it'll increase it by 25% of 15%. So, 25% of 15 would be 3.75. In total that would be 18.75% dodge chance.

Vali's quadruples your dodge chance (or increases it by 300%, same thing). You just need 25 agility to have 100% dodge chance with Vali's equipped.
5 Feb 2019, 12:26 am (Edited 5 Feb 2019, 12:29 am)
I divert all of the finer points to Lance he has more knowledge on the finesse of the Warrior career.

I had thought Vali's was 400% haha oh well. Thats what i get for going from memory.
Yes there are exceptions it seems. It is a shame There arent more concrete boundaries but at the same time i like that it opens things up too. I had forgotten about the Deep Blue sea amulet. Though it is a really nice one!
5 Feb 2019, 12:29 am
noiro18 Lance-C-Bones Arbi

Thank you guys so much! That makes much more sense and is much simpler than I thought it would be (whew!). Now I can tinker around with a better understanding of what to expect, so thanks so much again!
902-citrine-gembound-plush.png 3752-scorpio-zodiac-plushie.png Pls ping me to get me attention friendos!
icon by frostspeak i lov her,
I write pwyw!
5 Feb 2019, 12:31 am
Well, it's.... Strange?... Vali's says "Is three times more likely to dodge attacks".... but it actually kinda does do 4 times. Reason being, you need 25 agility to get a 100% chance to dodge. If it was actually triple, that's only 75%... But it adds triple, adding 75% to the 25% base.... I'm pretty sure they know about it, and while they probably want to fix it, worry that people will #riot if Vali's is changed/corrected because of what some people spent to buy it xD;

A lot of things are odd like that... Like the old Cat's crystal bringing negative mitigation values to zero, as you tested before I could get home and do so myself XD
5 Feb 2019, 12:32 am
Sassibirb Anytime! Feel free to look through Dueling Club there is some more info there on the career too. If you think there is anything else i should add just let me know!
5 Feb 2019, 12:33 am
Sassibirb

You're more than welcome! I'm glad the three of us could help~! X3
5 Feb 2019, 8:02 pm
If weapons with no physical damage count as "spells", then why can items like the Feathered and Nightshade Dagger be dodged, even though they only do lightning or dark damage?
UKsyafQ.png
5 Feb 2019, 8:30 pm
Hyperbole

Honestly, with how things have been released, the way everything is thought of is kinda on its head. "Spell" and "Skill" mean absolutely nothing, up until you use something that interacts with that, like "Disable" or "Silence". Dodge is determined by a physical damage value that you can see, and everything that doesn't have it can't be dodged regardless of it being a skill or a spell. It's why those two daggers really annoy me, as well as Aeron's folly, as they're all skills that deal a good amount of elemental damage, and can't be dodged. But then things like the deep sea amulet and flowering amulet can be dodged and negated completely because of the dodge.