What's your opinion about kigurumis at con?

3 Apr 2018, 6:27 am
Just like in title, i am asking because i heard that kigurumis aren't that much popular in this fandom but i want to know what's your opinion on it. Like some kigurumis are cheaper than fursuit and if somebody's fursona is let's say an zebra then they will probably prefer wearing something different than 400$ fursuit head and tail and paws. I am also asking because fursuit costs too much for me and there where i live aren't many fursuit makers so. Also sorry if it isn't the correct place to ask about stuff like this.

3 Apr 2018, 6:30 am
Lots of people wear kigus at cons. Basically, you can wear whatever you want at a con - it's a place for having fun and expressing yourself. :)

I've never heard of anyone "looking down" on kigus. They aren't for everyone, but if you like it, wear it!
WZtABfu.png

Flash refuses to eat the Expired Herbalist Medley Salad.
3 Apr 2018, 6:45 am
Lots of people wear kigus at cons. Basically, you can wear whatever you want at a con - it's a place for having fun and expressing yourself. :)

I've never heard of anyone "looking down" on kigus. They aren't for everyone, but if you like it, wear it!

Thanks for your opinion and by looking at some furry convention videos, most people wear kigus at them. I was asking because when converting dollar worth of fursuit to currency in poland then it is almost 4k in polish currency meanwhile kigus cost somewhere between 100 and 300 pln (polish currency)
3 Apr 2018, 7:00 am (Edited 3 Apr 2018, 10:45 am)
They're cute :> It's fine for people to wear one, since a fursuit may be a little out of their price range
((edited because i confused kigurimi w/ something else
currently stepping on edelgard von hresvelg in the name of the blue lions
3 Apr 2018, 7:03 am (Edited 3 Apr 2018, 7:03 am)
I don't look down on kigurumis at all! I used to think they were odd but once I realize they're a whole lot like animal pajamas/onesies that are very popular, I adjusted to them. My friend has one and it's adorable - I've worn it before - very soft and comfortable, and it helps her manage heat since she's sensitive to that. I'm even considering commissioning/making a kigurumi of my fursona soon, maybe in the next few years.

Bottom line: kigurumis are great. If you want one, get one. And like flashwolf said, you can wear what you want at a con!
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
3 Apr 2018, 7:10 am
Thanks for all these opinions and i actually have 2 kigus. one zebra and one grey cat with little cat heads on it and an ribbon on ear. They're very comfortable and i was asking because of reasons but currently there aren't any furry cons in poland.
3 Apr 2018, 7:14 am
As long as you aren't incredibly smelly people won't care what you wear at a convention. Fursuits are super expensive and people understand that not everyone has the money or the space to buy one.
Artist|Tumblr|18+

tumblr_nagipx3RMN1tws3qoo1_1280.jpg
3 Apr 2018, 8:42 am
yah personally I believe they are fine. i try to wear my kigus on friday while i halp set up cons. (I go to 9 a year) Then i wear my suit the rest of the weekend, but no one has ever said anything about it. I also wear a cute onsie and everyone things it is fine. (me and my sister have matching giraffe ones) No one views it as less. Also if you got that misconception you gotta wear something you are wrong. many people who attend cons don't have a suit or even ears, and no one thinks any less. At least your their adding to the energy of the place.
my game thread:
JsbQpW1.png
3 Apr 2018, 10:43 am
Kigus are pretty popular at cons. I see lots of people wearing them, and for sure at the dances.

Kd6lN.gif
Maika || They/Them || Married to BlueZest
My Artwork
Buy Me a Coffee?
9415066c4b5a9f86d958929a123c57c9.png

3 Apr 2018, 10:49 am
These are cute, and fun to wear at cons of all sorts. So long as you are clean and well bathed but don't smell like a perfume factory, you should be fine! I love spotting people who make their own kigurumi. They can be so fancy, and oooh so very soft!
8YF8LhY.png
Made by Me
3 Apr 2018, 10:49 am
I see nothing wrong with them. For one thing, if you want to make your own costume for a custom character of yours they're a hell of a lot easier to make than a full fursuit and if you buy a ready made one their simple design means that they're so easy to customize and make yours.

Then again, I'm all for anything that helps people get started in things that they enjoy so I'm super biased.
3 Apr 2018, 10:50 am
Perfect for more casual stuff.
Fursuits are heavy and hot, kigus are lightweight, they can get very warm tho.

Kigus are very cheap in comparison and perfect for simple characters.
I'm hoping to get a kigu of my sona sometime x3

★Manitka★#91133★she/he/they★19★

mwahahahaha.png

3 Apr 2018, 11:05 am
I love them. A lot. They are cheaper, more comfortable, and cute. And I go to at least 4 cons a year and they are pretty popular. There is a fursuiter I know of that has a regular fursuit head, hands, and paws, but his body is a custom kigu! I would love to get a custom one myself, honestly, because getting a full bodysuit is too expensive.

I don't understand why people would judge. If you want to wear a kigu, go for it! I recently went to a con and bought myself some pre-made paws and tail. Now all I need is a head. Some people may frown upon the fact that A) I got "cheaper" fursuit items and B) I didn't get all my parts from the same creator, but only I know my financial status and honestly, I'm not going to pay thousands for something I will wear 4 times a year AT MAX. So, I just say just do what you want as long as it's not hurting anyone!
giphy.gif
?yR3vx=party.png
4 Apr 2018, 7:18 am
Thanks and what's your opinion on being i character when wearing kigu? I mean no fursuit head