[open species] meliwyrms

28 Sep 2018, 7:09 pm (Edited 30 Sep 2018, 11:20 am)
Intro:

You’re quietly walking along a path in the woods, lost in thought. While you’re looking at the scenery, you see something boldly colored out of the corner of your eye. You look up to see what it is. It’s only a distant speck in the sky, so you figure it must be a bird. You look away for a few seconds, then decide to look back. It’s closer, and you jump back as you realize… it’s not a bird. The creature is huge, and coming towards you!

Its body is long and lacking wings. The 15-foot animal gingerly lands a few feet away from you. Its big snout and sparkling eyes are pointed towards you. Floating around its forehead, there are three puffs of mist. You feel drawn to it, reaching out your hand to pet its head. As you pet its snout, it gestures to its back. You timidly move behind its head. When you linger next to its head for a few seconds, it nudges you with its tail. You focus on its tail, and it points on top of its back. You reach your leg over its back and sit down.

Suddenly, the creature wooshes into the air! At 100 miles per hour, you and the animal are barreling through the sky. You soon see a large floating island surrounded by an iridescent bubble. The island has two mountains coated in trees, and the whole island is covered with mist. You both go through the bubble, and your face is immediately sprayed with fog. The creature lands, gently again, and slips its tail under you. It lifts you off its back and places you on the ground of the island. It curls up around you and lays its head on the ground.

You like it here.
☕️elyott | they.them | 13 | pluviophile | dendrophile | nyctophile | chionophile☕️
sig_thing.png

28 Sep 2018, 7:10 pm (Edited 30 Sep 2018, 11:22 am)
What are meliwyrms?

Meliwyrms are magical creatures made of elements of nature! They are sexless, and reproduce kind of like fusion. However, instead of combining, they make a new wyrmlet. Generally, they have themes for their elements, but not always. Their features, such as snout shape or ear shape, vary from meliwyrm to meliwyrm. They’re made out of 3-5 elements. One of the elements manifests on their forehead, while the others are present on their personal island. Each island is surrounded by a large iridescent bubble, which contains all the elements. They have no wings, but they can fly with magic. Meliwyrms are an average of 15 feet long, and generally they’re a bit bigger the more elements they have. While most meliwyrms have fur, some may have scales or feathers.

The very first meliwyrm was summoned by a druid, who channeled the power of five natural elements into creating a steed/companion. The elements she used were lilac, white clovers, roses, blackberry bushes, and peach trees. After many weeks of trying to conjure up the first meliwyrm, she finally got the spell perfect, creating Bloom. When she rushed into her wife’s sweet shop to tell her the news, her wife was making honey caramels, which is where their name comes from.
She made more and more, and had her friends do the same. Some meliwyrms had back legs, while others didn’t. The meliwyrms had wyrmlets together, the druid and her friends adding new meliwyrms with every generation.
☕️elyott | they.them | 13 | pluviophile | dendrophile | nyctophile | chionophile☕️
sig_thing.png
28 Sep 2018, 7:12 pm (Edited 30 Sep 2018, 11:45 am)
Species Rules + Extras:

-This is an open species! You’re free to make your own to sell, but please credit me as evyrgreen!
-Trading meliwyrms is permitted.
-Meliwyrm hybrids with other species are allowed! (if you make one please show me omg)
-No meliwyrm is more “rare” or “unique" than any others! While some traits may be less common, such as feathers instead of fur, you are free to make a meliwyrm with that trait. It’s preferred that you won’t sell an adopt for more based on less common traits.
-Please don’t sell an adopt for more than you bought it for, unless there’s additional art of the character.
-Meliwyrms can have plantigrade or digitigrade legs/arms.
-You are free to alter the design of an adopt a bit.
-Things such as grass, small flowers, moss, lichen, etc. doesn’t have to be included in the elements to be included on the island. Unless they’re a large part of the island (ex. very tall thick grass, the ground being covered completely in clover, or every tree being coated in moss) they are a given.
sig_thing.png
28 Sep 2018, 7:17 pm (Edited 15 Nov 2018, 1:49 pm)
Adopts:

adopts are 200k fc/200 fd each

lava_baby.png

more coming soon!
sig_thing.png
28 Sep 2018, 7:24 pm (Edited 30 Sep 2018, 11:48 am)
pls contact me if you have any questions abt meliwyrms!! hope you like them :0
sig_thing.png
30 Sep 2018, 11:48 am
perfecthospitaller Pineapplefox AllThingsBright Odorokasu kreuzhund Honey_Twist_ Harlequin-Honeybuck templetes Snekk
SO sorry for the wait!!!! its finally done!!!
sig_thing.png
3 Oct 2018, 8:17 pm
The yellow baby please? ^^ They are super cute ❤️
KJwWOfO.gif
HnaBxDv.gif

♡ Art by YaBoiJack
3 Oct 2018, 8:32 pm
AllThingsBright absolutely !! send over the payment n ill give you the ref without the watermark (along w a free sketch someone did :0)
sig_thing.png
6 Oct 2018, 10:09 am
bump
sig_thing.png
7 Oct 2018, 12:44 pm
bump
sig_thing.png
8 Oct 2018, 5:08 pm
bump
sig_thing.png
12 Oct 2018, 9:44 pm
YEET (bump)
sig_thing.png
28 Oct 2018, 5:58 pm
bump
sig_thing.png
12 Nov 2018, 2:44 pm
they're so cute agh! if there's a pinglist, please add me to it in case there are any updates!
he/him | INFP-T | lawful good | +1 FV time
original.gif
15 Nov 2018, 1:37 pm
bumpy bump
female,she/her, straight, 13years old, furry,

likes: TMNT2012, warriors,linkin park, too may other things that i cant fit them all in my sig.

warning: be carful when talking to me about warrior cats or TMNT2012, due to exessive nonstop talking, procede with caution :3
15 Nov 2018, 1:42 pm
evyrgreen
Eep I'd love to adopt the kelp coral meliwyrm!! ;w;
Be2x6TP.png
cXLT4zg.png

btAAT91.gif
★he/him | 16-19 | beta tester | blue★
too many fandoms
uwu

|| Art Shop || Toyhou.se ||
15 Nov 2018, 1:45 pm
xXSolsticeXx of course !!!! that ones based off those sea bunnies actually fsajas sry if it wasnt that clear
sig_thing.png
15 Nov 2018, 1:52 pm
evyrgreen
Haha, that makes sense.. X> I couldn't read the yellow so that was all I got from the label...
Be2x6TP.png
cXLT4zg.png

btAAT91.gif
★he/him | 16-19 | beta tester | blue★
too many fandoms
uwu

|| Art Shop || Toyhou.se ||
27 Nov 2018, 4:34 pm
Bump ;)
Wishing for:
Animal Stables or Wood for breeding the breed-able pets, and Breeding Potions
Please and thank you!!